Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria (28196 Views)

Herbert Wigwe: Wigwe University Project (Video) / Herbert Wigwe Was Building "The Best University In Africa" For His People(Video) / Dangote To Establish A Private University In Abuja, Earmarks N200 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by waternogetenemy: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
obembet:

Sharp guy, u let them know before they hijacked him say na Thier brother grin

Go google now type Ikwere, if you see yoruba there, i go give you 100k.

Google will tell you that they are an Igbo group.

I dont know why yoruba should leave their brothers in Togo to be hating on Igbo people.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by blowjohn(m): 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
Abaman001:

I don't know about sourcing the money or how he did it, but I know he has already built the school in his home town, it's a project he started since 2021, I can't also vividly tell you the project worth the $500m or not, but I know the school is 98% completed as of today..

U know how many schools go better passs that school as we dey like this?

Even atiku university? When u don't hear am ranked among the best despite the fees?

Fear black man o.

Let him go and build factories, industries, hospitals and give out low interest loans.

We don't need schools.

Didn't the government just approve the take off of some universities a while ago?

Black man and misplaced priorities

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
We don't need more universities, we need skill acquisition colleges.

4 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by vicfajeze: 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2023
JesusDeliveres:
I fix faulty iphone panels

A trial will convince you
can I get used Samsung s10+ replacement screen from you?
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by waternogetenemy: 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2023
I assure you, if it was Igbo that have brothers in Togo and Benin republic, we would have been making efforts to join them.

Mind you not all our people speak Igbo language.

All the groups in SS are Igbo relatives and part of our extended family, all the way down to the middle belt with Igala, idoma and down to Cameroon.

As know, our brothers in Cameroon join Kanu to demand separation from Cameroon and we are working together to reunify.

Igbo will never leave their kith and kin behind, we are just too strong as a group to allow it.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Whalis: 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2023
gidgiddy:
This Ikwerre man, nice one sha
Ikwerre to the world.
Anu Meka ooo x4
Diali x4.
Ekela eze bu mgba ano.
Elerinya nmaaaaa
Oyoyo

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Bukola94: 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2023
SouthSouth1914:
Schools especially universities have not really added to anything in Nigeria. There are millions of university graduates doing menial jobs- Keke drivers, bus conductors etc.

Technical Colleges and factories are what Nigerians needs now. Learn a practical skill that is admissible!
This is better, building of manufacturing industry will be better

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by frog12: 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
misplaced priority grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by wink2015(m): 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
gidgiddy:

I never knew he is an Ikwerre man.

I thought he is an Igbo man.

Okay !

Nyesom Wike and Tonto Dike Brother !

3 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by SouthSouth1914: 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Awon ti school is scam geng. You will learn las las in life why a school is called school. Just attend a great school first to have just a feel wink

I am a graduate of the department of Mathematics. I did my NYSC almost 16 years ago. Most Nigerians are not realistic enough to understand that schooling in Nigeria has lost it relevance like NYSC.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Daniluv1(m): 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
TheSuperX:
He should create more jobs instead, imagine building universities while graduates are still jobless for decades due to unemployment.

Exactly

Building universities without a final base after studying who dem dey deceive
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Students that would graduate and start looking for paid jobs or the ones that will put what they studied in practice, creating jobs in the process, just as it's in developed countries?? What Nigeria needs is not more universities, it's aggressive industrialisation. In fact, let's even begin with the easiest—agricultural industrialization, which can turn Nigeria into a developed country within 25 years!
souljahboy, tell 'em!

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by TheAlchemist: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2023
If he builds it to world class standard, it should be able to attract students from other countries.
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Daniluv1(m): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2023
The country needs more jobs than universities

Especially when the university fee will not be subsidized to it minimum level as possible then it's not needed

Build factories instead

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2023
It has already gone far at Isiokpo

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hedonisco:

Mumu. So it is not human beings like you that would work in the university as lecturers, admin staff, cleaners, security men, maintenance, etc? It is not Nigerians that would be used to build the university?
There are already enough tertiary institutions of learning churning out graduates with low prospects for employment on account of lack of industrialisation in Nigeria.

What he should focus on is either strengthening existing universities with this fund, or better still, establishing industries where graduates can apply acquired knowledge and skills, and earn a decent living, rather than stay idle.

Kapisch!

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Swiftgrp: 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2023
Kushites:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-11-11/banking-tycoon-wigwe-invests-in-new-500-million-university-in-nigeria
That's good to know. Being a Rivers State indigene, I assume Herbert Wigwe would want to set the world-class Uni over there in Rivers State. On the other hand, it could be in Lagos State since he is also professionally a Lagos big dude... A part of the original Guaranty Trust Bank employees who moved on to set up Access Bank.

I read years back how Herbert's father who was then a Nigerian military officer in Abeokuta survived being killed in the aftermath of the counter coup of 1966, and how he was tipped off by a colleague who asked him what he was still doing in the West when some of his military colleagues had relocated. He miraculously made it back with his nuclear family to their ancestral home town near the Port Harcourt area. It was a very fascinating story of survival and the triumph of the human spirit... I never forgot that interview.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by DDIA: 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2023
Maize247:
That's a lots of money.
I bet at just hearing about the wigwe, your panties are already soaked.

Siofra and Jennyclay too cool
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by frog12: 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
i agree but you know rich man wan spend, let am spend grin grin

naturefellow:
There are already enough tertiary institutions of learning churning out graduates with low prospects for employment on account of lack of industrialisation in Nigeria.

What he should focus on is either strengthening existing universities with this fund, or better still, establishing industries where graduates can apply acquired knowledge and skills, and earn a decent living, rather than stay idle.

Kapisch!

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:
God bless me with money. I also want to impact this world. Hit the like button to tap i to this prayer too

Zero impact in an additional university in Nigeria.

Its a misplaced priority.
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Damian911: 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2023
TheSuperX:
You are so f**lish, can you compare those rubbish to industries and companies that can hire thousands of people?

Abi you go like become cleaner and security man? Ozuor!
Comrade I too gbadun that ya clapback. Retards need to be put in their place! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by moneyissweet(m): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2023
Now he is ikwere man. If he is indicted for crime now you will him call Ipob terrorist...ozuor

gidgiddy:
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by michael132(m): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2023
So building University is not a way of creating more job ..can u imagine the numbers of people that will cork in the university ..did u put into consideration the number of people that will learn skill and later use the skill for job or having shop ..
TheSuperX:
He should create more jobs instead, imagine building universities while graduates are still jobless for decades due to unemployment.
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by vanitybutiwanti: 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2023
Swiftgrp:

That's good to know. Being a Rivers State indigene, I assume Herbert Wigwe would want to set the world-class Uni over there in Rivers State. On the other hand, it could be in Lagos State since he is also professionally a Lagos big dude... A part of the original Guaranty Trust Bank employees who moved on to set up Access Bank.

I read years back how Herbert's father who was then a Nigerian military officer in Abeokuta survived being killed in the aftermath of the counter coup of 1966, and how he was tipped off by a colleague who asked him what he was still doing in the West when some of his military colleagues had relocated. He miraculously made it back with his nuclear family to their ancestral home town near the Port Harcourt area. It was a very fascinating story of survival and the triumph of the human spirit... I never forgot that interview.

The school is in isiokpo in ikwerre LGA Rivers state, construction is at an advanced stage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Tozocalamity: 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2023
Dats a whnle lot of money. I was a the location of the university at isiokpo ikwerre lga rivers state. a couple of days ago. serious construction work in progress. White men littered the whole place .

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by israelmao(m): 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hidden charges accumulation.
Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
wink2015:

I never knew he is an Ikwerre man.

I thought he is an Igbo man.

Okay !

Nyesom Wike and Tonto Dike Brother !

Well, there no difference between those you call Igbo and those you call Ikwerre, except for denial

4 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by Tru64rtr: 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2023
:

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2023
waternogetenemy:
Ikwere are 100% Igbo in every sense of the world.

They even gave us a shortened version of many Igbo words.

Like, Wigwe from Nwaigwe.

The meaning is still the samething and not lost.

U can say Wigwe and if you want a mouth full say Nwa-Igwe.

Ikwerre dont put the "N" in"Nwa"

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by vanitybutiwanti: 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2023
olancho:
Ikwere man wey get sense no be noise maker wey dey Abuja wey still chook neck for Rivers money.
The noise maker is a major shareholder in this university, what does your father own?

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2023
obembet:

Sharp guy, u let them know before they hijacked him say na Thier brother grin

There is no hijack, theres no difference between Igbo and Ikwerre except for denial

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unizik 2011/2012 Admission Statue Is Out On Www.jamb.org.ng / Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike / Meet 18-Year-Old Daniel Obaji, The Youngest Graduate In NYU Abu Dhabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.