Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,201 members, 7,845,965 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja (25859 Views)

Non-Indigene Resident Form And Tax In Oba, Anambra Cause Stir Online / Wike Approves ₦1 Billion To Support Rivers Flood Victims / Wike Approves ₦220 Million For Families Of Slain Police Officers In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by globalresource: 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
So all these years, they don't pay property tax in Abuja shocked
So much gaps in the system and this is why Asiwaju Tinubu ran for this office, to solve these problems. May God grant Asiwaju Tinubu tremendous success. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Asiwaju ran to tax Nigerians more? E no go better for you and your asiwaju. Omo ale. Now I believe you set of people actually receive monthly income for supporting oppression. Omo radarada. That money wey u dey collect no go do anything good in your life. Heartless set of witches
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by blaise26abj(m): 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2023
masseratti:
Dead on arrival... It's a good tax tho.. Especially for those empty houses in Abuja with no occupants, maybe this will drag down the price of houses in Abuja if people fill those empty houses, because I see no reason why someone should be paying taxes in those big houses like 20 a year with no one staying in it.

Unfortunately it will drive up the rent . You don’t know Nigerians . Any small excuse , na to add price straight . Unfortunately the people with the big empty houses are the politicians . They have the money to keep paying those taxes and keep the houses empty for bail whenever they are arrested . Some don’t even remember that they own those houses.

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by AfDapone: 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
victorclean:
Rich men should pay more tax than the poor/ average. Provided it does affect the house rents for the poor/ average.

Unfortunately, you poor masses will still be the ones paying. Because all they need is still more money that belongs to the masses.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by remzytimer: 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
So much gaps in the system and this is why Asiwaju Tinubu ran for this office, to solve these problems. May God grant Asiwaju Tinubu tremendous success. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Dey play! Tell me how it will be changed when there is no working system, there is no data.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by rectitude(m): 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
Tjra:

Which mafia? See this fear fear

BTW, Abuja is not an Hausa/Fulani 'owned' state.

You're very correct. Hausas and Fulanis have they're own states to return if e too pain them. Abuja indigenes which are the Gbagyis should be ones to talk not anyone else
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Gajagojo: 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
globalresource:

Asiwaju ran to tax Nigerians more? E no go better for you and your asiwaju. Omo ale. Now I believe you set of people actually receive monthly income for supporting oppression. Omo radarada. That money wey u dey collect no go do anything good in your life. Heartless set of witches

FreeStuffsNG:

Capital Gains Tax Act 2004

1 Like

Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Gajagojo: 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
blaise26abj:

Unfortunately it will drive up the rent . You don’t know Nigerians . Any small excuse , na to add price straight . Unfortunately the people with the big empty houses are the politicians . They have the money to keep paying those taxes and keep the houses empty for bail whenever they are arrested . Some don’t even remember that they own those houses.
You are commenting on what you do not understand

This tax has nothing to do with empty houses and it is not a recurrent tax
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by eldoradoxx: 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2023
Bliss62:
grin

Fulani and Hausa mafias dey plan for Wike as he dey do anyhow

They will revenge

Oga Wike softly softly, Abuja no be Rivers

Which kind smelly revenge can they plan. People that have not effectively governed their people well planning revenge against a person they should be learning from. The cowardice of an average Southerner towards the lesser intellectually endowed Northerners is what make them feel they own Nigeria. Abuja is not an Hausa land, it belongs to Gwaris, an indigenous non Hausa fulani people of Nigeria.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Bimpe29: 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2023
This is timely, long overdue and a blessing in disguise for the tenants. This is expected to crash the rising costs of owning a home as well as rental payment.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Seriouslady: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2023
Emperor Wike!!!
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by blaise26abj(m): 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2023
Gajagojo:
You are commenting on what you do not understand

This tax has nothing to do with empty houses and it is not a recurrent tax

What is doing this one ? Unless you have the tax proposal with you , you don’t know nada . Property tax is not a recurrent tax ? Dey play
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by seeme2(f): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2023
I have always advocated for this. Good one. Let those thieves with empty houses in Abuja continue to pay taxes over their useless properties perhaps they'd be forced to rent them out one day.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by globalresource: 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
Gajagojo:

Capital Gains Tax Act 2004

I'm only referring to the bad mindset of not be insensitive to the plight of the masses so far asiwaju is your role model. U don't care
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Spandau: 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2023
Bliss62:
grin

They will revenge

Is Abuja no longer part of Nigeria. Wike is the fct minister and the new law must be complied with.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Spandau: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2023
waternogetenemy:

The one thing i love about this Abuja is that both Wike and Thiefnubuuu will be cut down to size by the more powerful North.

Abuja is not a place they can wake up one morning scratch their yansh and decide to oppress everybody.

Both Tinubu and Wike love to play God and that is y they team up.

They will learn the hard way.

A bantam sized wailer spotted.🤪🤪🤪
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Powersurge: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2023
Bliss62:
grin

They will revenge

Dem go pay with a smile.

Dey play.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Spandau: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2023
toprealman:
And when they said that Lagos, the former Federal Capital Territory is not a Yoruba “owned land” state, you guys had a contrary opinion🤣🤣🤣
#InsideLife

So Gwari and Gwandara people are Hausa fulani?
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by eepeepook: 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2023
Successfully exporting Rivers State criminality to Abuja.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by erico2k2(m): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2023
victorclean:
Rich men should pay more tax than the poor/ average. Provided it does not affect the house rents for the poor/ average.
DO poor men own houses in Abuja?
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by erico2k2(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2023
eepeepook:
Successfully exporting Rivers State criminality to Abuja.
We do not pay property tax in Rivers
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Gajagojo: 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2023
globalresource:

I'm only referring to the bad mindset of not be insensitive to the plight of the masses so far asiwaju is your role model. U don't care
The law was passed by Obasanjo nothing to do with Tinubu
You hatred and fanaticism blinds you to reality

A capital gains tax targets the rich not the masses
Do the masses own houses to talk of capital gains? You do not know what is being discussed but feel You must comment on everything
You are ignorant and spiteful
Go to Google and research Capital Gains Tax
Don't come back to me with ignorant talk
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Gajagojo: 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2023
blaise26abj:

What is doing this one ? Unless you have the tax proposal with you , you don’t know nada . Property tax is not a recurrent tax ? Dey play
Read and Comprehend before talking
It is Capital Gains Tax
It is paid only ONCE
ONLY if the property is sold
ONLY if it is sold at a profit

many Nigerians would rather die than say

I don't know

Just admit
You don't know and only then is the door of learning opened
Stop arguing stubbornly and foolishly
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by victorclean(f): 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2023
erico2k2:

DO poor men own houses in Abuja?

Do poor men buy lands in Abuja?
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by erico2k2(m): 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2023
victorclean:

Do poor men buy lands in Abuja?
That Answers my question.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by victorclean(f): 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2023
erico2k2:

That Answers my question.

Your question is useless that's why I responded back with a useless question as well.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by toprealman: 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
Spandau:

So Gwari and Gwandara people are Hausa fulani?
So the original owners of Lagos are Yoruba people Abi?
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by erico2k2(m): 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2023
victorclean:

Your question is useless that's why I responded back with a useless question as well.
Wow look put ur frustration on someone else, what I have I asked to bring this level of vile from you? why so much hate and anger on a faceless forum. This Energy can be put in more productive ways than this vile outburst over nothing.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by victorclean(f): 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2023
erico2k2:

Wow look put ur frustration on someone else, what I have I asked to bring this level of vile from you? why so much hate and anger on a faceless forum. This Energy can be put in more productive ways than this vile outburst over nothing.

Not angry at aaaallll. Is fun to me. I paid you with the same coin and you turn confrontational. I should not have responded to you but at time monkey need to be slapped, inorder to understand the effect of slapping others and also to get focused.

You need craniotomy or borehole for brain reset.
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Gajagojo: 12:18am On Nov 14, 2023
Bimpe29:
This is timely, long overdue and a blessing in disguise for the tenants. This is expected to crash the rising costs of owning a home as well as rental payment.
How?
It is designed to enable government enjoy a share in rising properly prices
Nothing to do with tenants

If people make huge profits from property government wants to partake that is all there is to it
No one is thinking of tenants
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by erico2k2(m): 12:20am On Nov 14, 2023
victorclean:

Not angry at aaaallll. Is fun to me. I paid you with the same coin and you turn confrontational. I should not have responded to you but at time monkey need to be slapped, inorder to understand the effect of slapping others and also to get focused.

You need craniotomy or borehole for brain reset.
Well, I see you have no moral s I have gone fru ur profile and its its full of vile sadness and insults, Even your other profiles same insults and nothing meaningful, just insightfulness of a cloud clogged with downness and resentments!
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by Gajagojo: 12:20am On Nov 14, 2023
Bimpe29:
How?
It is designed to enable government enjoy a share in rising properly prices
Nothing to do with tenants

If people make huge profits from property government wants to partake that is all there is to it
No one is thinking of tenants
You will hear When I bought the land it was 1: million and now it is 10 million

What this simply means is that whenever you cashout government will take a cut
Re: Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja by eepeepook: 12:53am On Nov 14, 2023
erico2k2:

We do not pay property tax in Rivers
Welcome to Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BUHARI RIGHT On Level Of Corruption – Emir Sanusi / Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Aregbesola Absent At APC Rally For Ondo 2016 Election / Lagos Cancels Monthly Environmental Sanitation Officially

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.