Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary (24615 Views)

Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister / UK Foreign Office Dissociates UK From Gowon’s Alleged Looting / The Moment Theresa May Burst Into Tears As She Resigned As UK Prime Minister(Pix (2) (3) (4)

Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by Melezenawii: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2023
The Prime Minister has asked me to serve as his Foreign Secretary and I have gladly accepted.

We are facing a daunting set of international challenges, including the war in Ukraine and the crisis in the Middle East. At this time of profound global change, it has rarely been more important for this country to stand by our allies, strengthen our partnerships and make sure our voice is heard.

While I have been out of front-line politics for the last seven years, I hope that my experience – as Conservative Leader for eleven years and Prime Minister for six – will assist me in helping the Prime Minister to meet these vital challenges.

Britain is a truly international country. Our people live all over the world and our businesses trade in every corner of the globe. Working to help ensure stability and security on the global stage is both essential and squarely in our national interest. International security is vital for our domestic security.

Though I may have disagreed with some individual decisions, it is clear to me that Rishi Sunak is a strong and capable Prime Minister, who is showing exemplary leadership at a difficult time. I want to help him to deliver the security and prosperity our country needs and be part of the strongest possible team that serves the United Kingdom and that can be presented to the country when the General Election is held.

I believe in public service. That is what first motivated me to get involved in politics in the 1980s, to work in government in the 1990s, become a Member of Parliament in the 2000s and put myself forward as Party Leader and Prime Minister.

The UK’s Foreign Office, our Diplomatic Service, our Intelligence Services and our Aid and Development capabilities are some of the finest assets of their kind anywhere in the world. I know from my time in office that they are staffed by brilliant, patriotic and hard-working people. They have been well led by James Cleverly, with whom I look forward to working in his vital new role.

It will be an honour to serve our country alongside our dedicated FCDO staff and provide the continued leadership and support that they deserve.

David Cameron

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by 1TrippleCee: 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2023
Humility

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by Melezenawii: 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Humility

On his way to become Prime Minister again . The current one will resign after next year election which they are doomed to loose. He may now contest for the Conservative Leadership Position

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by atiku4President(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2023
Noted
Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by Throwback: 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
Melezenawii:

On his way to become Prime Minister again . The current one will resign after next year election which they are doomed to loose. He may now contest for the Conservative Leadership Position

Exactly!

UK parliamentary government and Israel's parliamentary government are the most unstable, though the Israeli government have been somewhat stable over the last decade, while UK has been very volatile.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by orisa37: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
VERY GOOD.
Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by orisa37: 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2023
TINUBU SHOULD DO SAME WITH PYO.

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by Ikaeniyan0: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2023
I think he resigned because UK left the EU or because he let Scotland have a referendum.

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by Melezenawii: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2023
JesusDeliveres:
E be like say make you tell Jonathan make him come be foreign affairs minister under tinubu

From frying pan to fire

This is different, because they run parliamentary system of govt

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by Wisereborn: 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2023
Throwback:

Exactly!
UK parliamentary government and Israel's parliamentary government are the most unstable, though the Israeli government have been somewhat stable over the last decade, while UK has been very volatile.
See seriousness grin

grin grin the way some of you analyse other countries doing better than you is simply clownish to state the least

You will hardly see developed countries have time for all these 2faced hypocrisy you guys display

Una country no dey in order, una dey analyse the one wey pass una grin grin abeg make I no talk the thing wey dey my mouth finish

Funny people undecided

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by victorclean(f): 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2023
Nan sense. A cougar in milking Africa dry by encouraging deposit of stolen wealth to UK banks, is their foreign secretary?.

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by chiiraq802(m): 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2023
Make Thunder and Lightening scatter UK. useless Country.

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by Christistruth03: 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2023
The UK Prime Minister needs to call an Election

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by Floky215: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2023
chiiraq802:

E be like dem deny you visa bah..?
Your hatred is on another level...!! grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by orisa37: 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
CARDOSO DOESN'T KNOW DEBITS AND CREDITS. BRING BACK YEMI OSINBAJO AS MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS.

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by FreeStuffsNG: 2:44pm On Nov 13, 2023
Orishirishi.

David Cameron a.k.a Mr Fantastically Corrupt , after he got drunk and misyarned before the late Queen Elizabeth, has been demoted.

After he conducted the fiasco referendum on Brexit and ran away, he is coming back as a Secretary under a far junior politician Rishi Sunak who was about 29 years old when Cameron became the PM.Smh

The case of David Cameron is like that of someone who graduated from the university and comes back years later to have a resit in a sophomore year course.
Only those with inferiority complex or too young to know David Cameron that will not know how low his party must have sunk in desperation at their wits end to have brought someone with his kind of public service records. It will be like France bringing back Sarkozy!Check my signature for free stuffs!

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by sboga: 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2023
make hin go hug trnasformar
Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by bonechamberlain(m): 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hmmmm, from PM to Foreign Secretary.
Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by tony9k: 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I think he resigned because UK left the EU or because he let Scotland have a referendum.

Because the UK voted Brexit and he campaigned as a “Remainer”

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by tony9k: 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Orishirishi.

David Cameron a.k.a Mr Fantastically Corrupt , after he got drunk and misyarned before the late Queen Elizabeth, has been demoted.

After he conducted the fiasco referendum on Brexit and ran away, he is coming back as a Secretary under a far junior politician Rishi Sunak who was about 29 years old when Cameron became the PM.Smh

The case of David Cameron is like that of someone who graduated from the university and comes back years later to have a resit in a sophomore year course.

Shows where politics is regarded as service and an individual is not bigger than an Institution. We should learn from such practices

30 Likes

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by Flier: 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
orisa37:
You want to recieve suffering pro max grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by Chigozie321: 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
chiiraq802:
Bro, wetin UK do you?
Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by sofeo(m): 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
Alright then.

Let's see how it goes.
Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by MorolayoVictor(m): 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
Seriously?
Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by adesegun121(m): 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by nedekid: 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
orisa37:
Who is pyo?
Modified: OK Osibanjo.
Nothing wrong in that. I would have preferred minister of justice sef. Pyo na good man.

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
Good one

congratulations

When you're in government, several opportunities will be at your front even when you're retired

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by Melezenawii: 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
orisa37:

Judas Iscariot?

Re: Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary by olaric(m): 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
But an El-Rufai said he's too big to become a minister.

Arseny Yatsenyuk, Ukraine Pm Resigns / South Africa Eases COVID-19 Lockdown / Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers