Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) (32231 Views)

Mikel Obi Spends Time With His Twin Girls, Ava And Mia / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Truths9ja: 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2023
"I am still the most successful and decorated football player in Nigeria"

- Mikel Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xioYzAk09D0?si=OPE1PtwD94iYb5vt

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Truths9ja: 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2023
Wow this is lovely

I’m still Nigeria’s most successful, decorated footballer – Mikel Obi

Chelsea and Super Eagles legend, John Mikel Obi has bragged that he is “still the most successful and decorated football player in Nigeria”.

He said despite all his achievements he was never ranked number 8 in the world by the Ballon d’Or like Nigerian youngster, Victor Osimhen.

Speaking in the latest episode of his podcast, The Obi One, which had Osimhen as a guest, Mikel said the Napoli striker has raised the bar high for Nigerian footballers.

He said, “I am still the most successful and decorated football player in Nigeria. But he [Victor Osimhen] got an award that I never got. He was ranked number 8 in the world by Ballon d’Or. That’s absolutely amazing. I must say congratulations. The season you had, it was fantastic and I never got to that stage. You’ve raised the bar so high.”

Responding, Osimhen reckoned that Mikel “is more than a legend” to many Nigerian footballers, adding that the former Super Eagles captain inspired him and others on and off the pitch.

On his Ballon d’Or success, the Napoli striker said “I just kept on doing my job, doing what I love so much and God just crowned my efforts.”

https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/13/im-still-nigerias-most-successful-decorated-footballer-mikel-obi/

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Truths9ja: 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2023
Wow I celebrate God’s Grace over Mikel Obi’s life and family

Fans clash over who most successful Nigerian footballer is between Mikel Obi and Kanu Nwankwo

Football fans are going back and forth over who the most successful Nigerian player is.

This follows comments made by former Super Eagles skipper, John Mikel Obi.

Speaking in a podcast, Mikel Obi claimed that he is “still the most successful and decorated football player in Nigeria.”

He said, “I am still the most successful and decorated football player in Nigeria. But he [Victor Osimhen] got an award that I never got. He was ranked number 8 in the world by Ballon d’Or. That’s absolutely amazing. I must say congratulations. The season you had, it was fantastic and I never got to that stage. You’ve raised the bar so high.”

However, on social media, fans have mentioned former Arsenal, Inter Milan and Ajax forward Kanu Nwankwo as more successful and decorated.

@deejayfaremi wrote: “It’s not a debate who’s the most decorated player…it’s obviously Kanu.

“Kanu had 14 club trophies (including the UCL & Europa League) + 3 for the national team (all levels). Two African Player Of The Year awards too.

“Mikel had 11 club trophies (UCL & Europa League) + 1 for the national team. His biggest individual achievement was second in African POTY.

“What’s the debate?”

@almightywallace: On paper, not the streets. Kanu and Okocha will always have the streets.

@Tamilore_D: Find it interesting that this was the quote that was chosen from the interview considering that most of it was him shedding light on the impact that Victor Osimhen has made by being ranked 8th in the Ballon d’Or list.

@OlisaOsega: Successful? I don’t know but he’s definitely the most decorated Nigerian footballer ever.

https://www.kemifilani.ng/sport/fans-clash-over-who-most-successful-nigerian-footballer-is-between-mikel-obi-and-kanu-nwankwo/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by FuckingMachine: 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
Anytime I see Mikel's wife my prick stands.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Truths9ja: 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2023
FuckingMachine:
wow you love his wife no be small

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by FuckingMachine: 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2023
Truths9ja:
wow you love his wife no be small

She go sabi swallow from my observation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Royaltyy: 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2023
He's actually right.

1 Like

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Truths9ja: 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
FuckingMachine:

She go sabi swallow from my observation
haaa I fear you no be small

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Ethella: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
Man like Mikel

5 Likes

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Guyman01: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
Also the only player who grew up in Nigeria precisely Jos and could easily switch from Nigeria to British accent unlike Kanu Nwankwo, JayJay Okocha and Garba Lawal whose Owerri, Enugu and Sokoto Igbo and Hausa phonetics interference increased by 70% after spending 20 years across Europe grin

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by kelvincoke(m): 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
Let's go there
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by sylve11: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2023
Nor be lie. cool

3 Likes

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by superjaks(m): 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2023
I think Kanu Nwankwo is the most decorated Nigerian player

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Blake755: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
Mikel that year

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by DesChyko: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
Mikel no suppose talk this thing for outside o.

Kanu dust the shiiiit out of am 🤣🤣

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Agbadocassava: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
Iresuoiza11:
I believe

Yeah very true while Etoo is the most successful and decorated footballer in Africa

10 Likes

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by richard870(m): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
cheesy
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by stano2(m): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
You can say that again.
Agu
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by christejames(m): 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
No doubt about that...

But records are meant to be broken though!

Watch for the upcoming stars

2 Likes

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by stano2(m): 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
motine:
Chelsea gave him the success.
It was mutual
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Emmexguy123: 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
You got everything free of charge and without contributing anything.

Mikel Obi has the highest Bench in Chelsea.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Domistar5(f): 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
Mikel was actually great in his time but Oshimen is greater.
Cheers🍻
Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Formularcr7: 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2023
Kanu is the most successful,papilo is ahead of him in individual awards and even trophies won

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Kenneth10110(m): 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2023
Mikel obi won it all at Chelsea then added the Nations Cup. He his truly the most decorated and successful footballer in Nigeria

2 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by jmoore(m): 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2023
There are many players that won a medal/trophy sitting on the bench.

Mikel was just an average player.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by VaginaAcademic: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
FuckingMachine:
na so people go still do your wife because what goes around comes around

17 Likes

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by Vinnie2000(m): 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
Abegii, make we Hear word. undecided

Mr Backpass footballer. sad

Mikel Obi won't even make Top 10 Greatest Nigerian Footballers.😒😏

The Top 5 are
*Jayjay Okocha
*Nwankwo Kanu
*Rashidi Yekini
*Segun Odegbami
*And Likely Victor Osihmen.😊🙂

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) by CharleyBright(m): 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
Thank God for your life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Messi Celebrates 20 Years In Barcelona / Mark Geiger, Referee Accused Of Asking Cristiano Ronaldo For Shirt At World Cup / Paris Saint Germain Player Salaries 2017/2018 (Highest Wage Bill In the World)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.