Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre (43448 Views)

2018 National Open University NYSC BATCH - A / My Waec Gce Result Without Any Expo What Course Can I Study? / Which Course Can I Study With My Waec Result In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Franky9584(m): 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
I don't blame him for anything, I feel his pain too....the country is soo messed up that going to school looks like a scam.

Not untill PO enters office....I doubt if school has any value.

My advice; jux get Ur basic education, forget the rest.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by elezmartiz1(m): 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
Village people don finally captured this gentle man...

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by omolola12345(m): 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2023
It's very painful when you go to school and spent 4, 5 or 6 years of your life and thereafter finish NYSC and go back to square one. While those that finish secondary school or primary 6 that use 4 years of their life to learn work will start making it and build houses and buy cars and start laughing at those that go to school and finish without getting job even mock them. It's very painful indeed for me personally. Our parents don't want to retire again and if some of them retire or die they will be replaced by their children. Nepotism and job racketeering is very much into play. If you don't get strong connection for Naija you go suffer with your certificate except you go back to square one to learn handiwork.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by rezy15(m): 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
superCleanworks:

He MIGHT not. Who are you to say HE WILL with so much certainty? you even say TRUST ME.. trust you for what? Are you the owner of his future?
Me and my brother graduated from **** with 2.1 from EEE & MECH but till today none of us have used our certs. We are business men and employers of labour. I have not seen my certs in over 8 years. What is the difference with a burnt certificate? 😂
Not everyone likes to live in CONFINEMENT to societal standards. Some of us pave our own way (by the help of God) If you still think life without CERTIFICATES is useless then you need to go back to real school.
So burn yours na. No diff since u didn't use urs? Some you forget to understand the certificate isn't a guarantee of a job but the fact you went to a tertiary institution shaped you into who you are. Jobless or not. Fine you started a business. But don't tell me school was a waste. Burning urs now is to spit on the years that shaped u into who you are.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Hoelujohn: 8:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
Royaltyy:
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

He might regret his actions later
The law permits him to make a copy from a third party vendor and design it the way he likes. Tinubu vs Atiku case

1 Like

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by jaxxy(m): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

We well know this but why burning it? Some even go to these schools not even because of job. Job is just one of the reasons people go to school. They are a whole lot to school.

so whatelse do others go to these school? to hold certificate for decoration? undecided
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by oluking: 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
This guy could just have made coloured copies of the originals, all just for cheap clout.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Deogratiasfx: 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2023
jaxxy:

so whatelse do others go to these school? to hold certificate for decoration? undecided

So you really expect an answer to this question?
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by jaxxy(m): 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

So you really expect an answer to this question?

there are many answers to that question. Some people don't burn their certificates bt it gets lost or something. It's same thing.

the certificates was literally useless to him for 15 years and counting cos of our failed system.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Godsonkemz(m): 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2023
Even though mine hasn't been useful to me, I still cherish it believing that opportunity may one day present itself to me.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Achor1111(m): 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2023
One Agbadorian is down, many are queuing up
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Swiftgrp: 10:39pm On Nov 14, 2023
Gjrich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtDJkRmbkRs?si=xY5jTTH971HifJ2T

Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre

Naija News

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7909183/unemployment-nigerian-graduate-burns-certificates
That's very unwise of him to have burned those academic docs.

On the other hand, these could be laminated colored photocopies of his academic documents that he destroyed.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by riczy(m): 3:17am On Nov 15, 2023
Many grads I know have a good job, I have done jobs as a lecturer in CON for over the years with < than 80k, I jux landed over 200k job last month, keep crying no job. Wat u say is wat u get, I hold a M.Sc degree.
To the very next dt rebuff this action, u are d next for a blessing
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Dybala11(m): 5:23am On Nov 15, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin

Another frustrated Nigerian who doesn't know that going to school is about training your mind for life challenges. grin.

They likes of them are proud to be washing toilets in Europe.
It goes far beyond that though, if not everybody should have gone to study philosophy and other related disciplines since schooling is only about mind training. Dey play.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Dybala11(m): 5:26am On Nov 15, 2023
Chinjo2:
If you find out very well, you will discover that he even voted for APC in the last election.

The regime no favour him and his family again?
And you think that it is only those that voted for Tinubu alone that are feeling the harsh reality of Nigeria's current economic downturn?? How dumb can you be.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Caseless: 6:02am On Nov 15, 2023
Royaltyy:
He's a fool. What if he needs them in future, maybe for political office or an opportunity overseas or even that same handwork he's talking about, cos thaere are some handwork that are big contracts and it's only your certificate that can earn you such contracts...

He's an idiot. People who own many houses should burn them because they can't sleep in all.

He should not have posted it if he's really doing it. Maybe na d fake one him burn sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Deogratiasfx: 6:03am On Nov 15, 2023
jaxxy:

there are many answers to that question. Some people don't burn their certificates bt it gets lost or something. It's same thing.

the certificates was literally useless to him for 15 years and counting cos of our failed system.

So this is the advice you can give anyone that did not find job after many yrs of graduation? You are wicked. So now that he has burnt them, who is affected now? The President, school or the failed system? I fear him and even you. Bad hrt
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by jaxxy(m): 6:32am On Nov 15, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

So this is the advice you can give anyone that did not find job after many yrs of graduation? You are wicked. So now that he has burnt them, who is affected now? The President, school or the failed system? I fear him and even you. Bad hrt

did I advise him to burn it? Can u not comprehend the difference between explanation and advice?
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Traplord09: 7:02am On Nov 15, 2023
casualobserver:

Like i said, to get the visa to get there you will need your degree certificates. You are more likely to be approved for an immigration visa if you can prove you are educated.

Cool down. If you have a bussness you are running you can go out of the country.

There are different ways of leaving this country.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Slurity(m): 10:08am On Nov 15, 2023
THERE ARE SOME COURSES YOU MUST NOT STUDY IN NIGERIA IF YOU DONT HAVE LONG LEG TO GET JOB, THIS GUY STUDY ONE OF THEM.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Nobodysboo(m): 11:34am On Nov 15, 2023
Life is hard government bad things are hard
DDA
Don't Die Alive
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by dalitigator(m): 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2023
Royaltyy:

I agree with you. Maybe he burnt the coloured photocopy and not the exact originals. Because even if you are self-employed and have a company, you might still need it to get some contract. And it gives you an edge when you are a graduate. While I agree with him that going to the University in today's Nigeria might be useless, like the left hand if you do not have a skill, God or good connection to secure a job, but the left hand is not entirely useless. You can still clean or wash your anus with it.

It is better to learn handwork and then support it with your university certificate like some of us did. Our handwork/business paid for our university degree. If I stop practicing law or japa to where my University degree is useless as a lawyer except I further, I can simply fall back on my skills to survive until I decide to go back to school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:13pm On Nov 15, 2023
His bewitched not to know there should be planned B angry If cert not working,you trade till you make enough to expand and attract investors. What are they really teaching these kids of nowadays?
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by BronzeTiger: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2023
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Royaltyy: 12:58pm On Dec 10, 2023
BronzeTiger:

I know you own both royalt yy and clair voyancy account but I was suddenly banned in the romance section so better behave yourself. More exposure is coming.
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Royaltyy: 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2023
[
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by BronzeTiger: 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by BronzeTiger: 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2023
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Royaltyy: 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2023
[
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by BronzeTiger: 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by Royaltyy: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2023
A
Re: Why I Burnt My WAEC, University, NYSC Original Certificates – Olutimain Ilenre by BronzeTiger: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ashley Ezeiyi, GOU Student Dies Months After Winning School Crown / Any Good Nursing School In Nigeria / Bamidele Impeached As NANS President Over $200K Embezzlement Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.