Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? (15342 Views)

Fayose Hangs Out With Market Women In Ekiti (Photos) / Market Women In Rivers State Protest Nullification Of Wike's Election (photos) / Why Men Die Faster Than Women (hillarious Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by egbesegbe: 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2011
The National Population Commission (NPC) has said the country’s population has risen from the 140,431,790 it was five years ago when the last national headcount was taken, to 167,912,561 as at yesterday.  This represents an annual population growth rate of 5.6 million people.  Chairman of NPC, Chief Samu’ila Danko Makama, who made the disclosure at a valedictory press briefing of the board of the commission in Abuja, said of this figure, 82,098,001 are females, while males account for 85,814560[color=#990000][/color]. 

Thisday page 1
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 27, 2011
I wonder. And all the men taking multiple wives leave non for others. Shame
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 27, 2011
Singing and shouting, i need a wife ooo. tell all these selfish men to stick with one. Over do dey kill
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2011
Toba. Pray about it. How old are u sef?
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2011
Interestingly myself and two of my senior female colleagues at work discussed this issue today at work. they were like im the only eligible bachelor around and they felt i should pray.

I simply said I may not need to do that cos i already said according to Psalm 27 that 'may the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Gods sight.

I only need to choose.

ATLGAL are u married or single?
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2011
smh psalm 19 and not 27. why cant we edit post here embarassed embarassed embarassed sad sad sad angry angry angry angry
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by egbesegbe: 6:34pm On Oct 27, 2011
The irony of it is that anytime there is altar call in any church in Lagos for those looking for life partner, the population of women is always higher. How come? Or is it that all our men are in the villa?
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2011
egbesegbe:

The irony of it is that anytime there is altar call in any church in Lagos for those looking for life partner, the population of women is always higher. How come? Or is it that all our men are in the villa?

LWKMDie

I swear i dont even come out as a guy for such in church. My pastor would be like whats wrong. But i know all is well cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 27, 2011
E,
Men get to choose if they want to marry the guy. Girls get to choose if they want to date. So women get the upper hand first but later men do. See Toba's response.
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2011
ATLgal:

E,
Men get to choose if they want to marry the guy. Girls get to choose if they want to date. So women get the upper hand first but later men do. See Toba's response.

Thats why i dont rush. I know say we get upper hand
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by egbesegbe: 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2011
[quote,
Men get to choose if they want to marry the guy. Girls get to choose if they want to date. So women get the upper hand first but later men do. See Toba's response][quote][/quote]
is like u are talking of time past. i tell u now and says is opposite. I have seen where women are begging men for marriage
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by r231(m): 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2011
egbesegbe:

maybe you should take Toba to your church grin grin
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by egbesegbe: 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2011
[maybe you should take Toba to your church

quote].

Almost all the churches in Lagos i have visited have the same thingooo. Let Toba just stroll to any church in his area if he resides in Lagos and secondly if he is not a Hindus. Before 3 services pastor must make an altar call for people praying for husband he will be shock of high number of ladies that will respond.
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by tpia5: 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2011
i dont see what's shocking about it.

yorubas say ta ba dake tara wa a ba wa dake.
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by tpia5: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2011
no biggie if people are praying for husband in church?

God will surely bring them their own man with no comma.
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by egbesegbe: 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
no biggie if people are praying for husband in church?

God will surely bring them their own man with no comma.

Bros, is not that we are making jest of ladies but we are amazed of the Figure of population that was just released and the thing happening around us. YH God will definately answer their prayer. I do pray with and for them
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by tpia5: 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
thank you. wink
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Blackteeth(m): 9:42am On Oct 28, 2011
l don't believe there are more men than women because more men die everyday in the military, police, risky jobs and robbery cases which are all male dominated. But whatever kills women also kills an equal number of males too. e.g diseases and natural disasters. Besides more men jet out of the country in search of a better life. At birth it's 50-50 chance of giving birth to a male or female, meaning an equal number of males and females are born.
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2011
Well, we have so many single ladies these days, so maybe this statistic is true.
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by randyorton: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2011
[size=18pt]ratio of men to women is 1: 4. [/size]
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2011
If you want to see where the guys are hiding,

PHC - Go to Ikoku, Bush Bars, Rigs

Lagos - Computer Village, Bush Bars, Behind Computers grin

Abuja - Biz Centers, Bush bars

All of dem huzzling.

Ladies hide mostly these days in Churches, wedding receptions.

So I would say Make ur choice grin grin
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by egbesegbe: 10:34am On Oct 28, 2011
Well, we have so many single ladies these days, so maybe this statistic is true

Bros check the statistics well. The statistics is saying Men are more than women.
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by ochukoccna: 11:15am On Oct 28, 2011
egbesegbe:

Bros check the statistics well. The statistics is saying Men are more than women.
You don't believe that do you? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

randyorton:

[size=18pt]ratio of men to women is 1: 4. [/size]
Your own population census commission na wa O! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by egbesegbe: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2011
Quote from: egbesegbe on Today at 10:34:28 AM

You don't believe that do you?

Bros why are u doubting them? probably you are using the Lagos situation to judge. Have u gone to the bush bar and the villages to check the ratio
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by randyorton: 11:41am On Oct 28, 2011
[size=18pt]the truth is dat there are very few men for women to marry from. fact[/size]
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by gascoign1(m): 11:42am On Oct 28, 2011
On the contrary poster, there are more more women than men,and that explains why a man can marry as much wives as he can,besides go check birth rate, there are more female babies than male,
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by kpolli(m): 11:53am On Oct 28, 2011
bloody lie
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by symple: 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
There's always someone for everyone. I believe we can't those designed for us.
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by egbesegbe: 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2011
On the contrary poster, there are more more women than men,and that explains why a man can marry as much wives as he can,besides go check birth rate, there are more female babies than male,  

Well, i am yet to accept that because i know there are many guys that are not married due to economic hardship while their female counter part have stop bearing babies. I have opportunity of visiting one village in Edo state where there were very very few babes but plenty guys hustling for the few babes. the competition there was high. i feel women easily move to cities than men. The number of men in interior villa is far higher than that of women in those area
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by nnwniger: 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2011
One must be so uninformed and naivete to believe such infomation from NPC. The fact is that there're much more women in that your Corrupt country than men. There're No accurate statistics in Nigeria. Your government is one of the most corrupt in the world, period
Re: Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2011
nnw niger:

One must be so uninformed and naivete to believe such infomation from NPC. The fact is that there're much more women in that your Corrupt country than men. There're No accurate statistics in Nigeria. Your government is one of the most corrupt in the world, period

Who invited this Baboon here, Just pass by, this is family affairs. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

About Time, Mrs Buhari Campaigns For Her Husband. / Police Impound Arms-laden Vehicle In Kwara / Adeyeye: Why I Dumped PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.