Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) (5701 Views)

Yakubu Mahmood Is Currently Trending On X-(formerly Twitter) / Herdsmen Horror: Attack On Plateau Trending On X App(photos) / Seun Calls Major Nzeogwu A Psychopath On X And Gets Corrected By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by Hakeem66: 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
Can we accept him as our own if he intends to run for a political post in the future? Igbos believes that he would be warmly received, even offered land for housing, should his father's side disown him. I believe it's time to cease rejecting our own blood. In my view, the individual identifies more with the Yoruba because of his father than the Igbo his mother.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by XerXers: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hakeem66:
Can we accept him as our own if he intends to run for a political post in the future? Igbos believes that he would be warmly received, even offered land for housing, should his father's side disown him. I believe it's time to cease rejecting our own blood. In my view, the individual identifies more with the Yoruba because of his father than the Igbo his mother.

It's not about having igbo mother or not. If you make reasonable contribute to the development of Igbo community you will be accepted there

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by illicit(m): 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2023
He has served in the Army

They are luring him....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by Tochi3(m): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
Make e continue to deceive himself & those that sent him grin

Na dem dem.. if you know, you sabi

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by gidgiddy: 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2023
Water and oil can never mix, no matter how hard you try

5 Likes

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by Goodvibes007: 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2023
He is right. Nigeria needs to be broken down into several pieces. As a Yorubaman, I am more related to a Yoruba from Benin Republic or even a Yoruba as far away as Ghana, but I am being forced to share a nation with Someone from the Sahel or someone more related to the camerounians.

He even confirmed in a post that even though he would be accepted by his igbos in Nnewi, he won't be accepted by other Igbos outside Nnewi.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by opamoses1: 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2023
Goodvibes007:
He is right. Nigeria needs to be broken down into several pieces. As a Yorubaman, I am more related to a Yoruba from Benin Republic or even a Yoruba as far away as Ghana, but I am being forced to share a nation with Someone from the Sahel or someone more related to the camerounians.

He even confirmed in a post that even though he would be accepted by his igbos in Nnewi, he won't be accepted by other Igbos outside Nnewi.
You are spot on. The Berlin conference and colonialism messed up Africa. It divided brothers and sisters in a very bleeped up way. The French, English or German can NEVER share a country, yet they want Africans like Nigerians to live together in harmony.

Gyakie below is a Ghanaian musician. The title of her song in Akan is the same as Yoruba. When "The Yorubas" was tending in TikTok, a lot of Benin Republic Yorubas joined their kith and kins in SW Nigeria to help trend the videos.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by Kooldon(f): 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2023
He is a true wazobia by blood and he should be given a land in Abuja with full entitlement of indigene

2 Likes

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by MrDoGood(m): 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
The bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by Racoon(m): 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2023
He spoke the solemn sweet bitter truth.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by LegendHero(m): 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2023
I always laugh at folks trying to end tribalism or hiding under the usual “Politician are dividing us” jargons to blame Nigeria issue on politicians.

All tribes are tribalistic. Both minority and majority, but the problem is that those that are somehow independent of another tend to be bold in showing their own tribalism.

Those that are dependent are always scared of showing their tribalism which explained why some tribe will say they are less tribalistic and some are more tribalistic. There is nothing called less or more tribalistic, you can either be tribalistic or not.

If we divide Nigeria today into major tribes and let’s say we have 10 countries for example. People within those tribe will then fragment themselves into clans and the struggle of clannish continue. Check state governorship election, it’s always a game of clans within a tribe.

You can only have peace if you divide Nigeria totally by clans. Then at that stage, you’re looking at 5k individual states.

However, dividing Nigeria into major zones with tribal realignment to their zone will help a bit. At least we will have the clan problem which will be at a lesser impact compared to tribe issue.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by LegendHero(m): 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2023
Lastly, this guy was responding to a guy asking “What can be done to stop tribalism in Nigeria and the context is cod of Lagos election”.

If you are a half Yoruba, whether on mom or dad side and you swore your allegiance and portray mostly your non-Yoruba side, you will NEVER be elected in Yorubaland even if your father is the Alaafin.

Ibos crying about Lagos should find better thing to expend their time to because Shinedu or anyone toiling his path will NEVER govern that state.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by OmoFiditi: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
I agree with the guy.
Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by SuperOnyi: 6:08pm On Nov 14, 2023
shocked

God bless this guy, everything he wrote is the absolute truth! I wonder why we keep deceiving ourselves while the enemies laugh at our stupidity.

There are many countries in the European Union but they are more united than the nations that make up "Nigeria." I find myself lost in thoughts of a great life for my people but honestly I don't think they deserve any pity at all.

Even the British that created this country wouldn't wish the same for themselves, this is why they got like 3 countries under the United Kingdom! Even if we separate, it would never stop us from working together to make Africa great again -- which is what we all want, or maybe I'm wrong...

Why do we keep deceiving ourselves for Christ's sake? Why? Why? Is this the legacy we're going to leave behind for our children? So, they can hate and kill each other while Europeans and Asians make progress?

We only got one life to live, and one day, when you're lying on your dying bed, your children will spit on you because you did nothing to better their lives.

4 Likes

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by OVIHINNO(m): 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2023
I agree with the Op 100%.
Nigeria indeed is a lost cause!

1 Like

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by SuperOnyi: 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2023
LegendHero:
I always laugh at folks trying to end tribalism or hiding under the usual “Politician are dividing us” jargons to blame Nigeria issue on politicians.

All tribes are tribalistic. Both minority and majority, but the problem is that those that are somehow independent of another tend to be bold in showing their own tribalism.

Those that are dependent are always scared of showing their tribalism which explained why some tribe will say they are less tribalistic and some are more tribalistic. There is nothing called less or more tribalistic, you can either be tribalistic or not.

If we divide Nigeria today into major tribes and let’s say we have 10 countries for example. People within those tribe will then fragment themselves into clans and the struggle of clannish continue. Check state governorship election, it’s always a game of clans within a tribe.

You can only have peace if you divide Nigeria totally by clans. Then at that stage, you’re looking at 5k individual states.

However, dividing Nigeria into major zones with tribal realignment to their zone will help a bit. At least we will have the clan problem which will be at a lesser impact compared to tribe issue.

shocked

The English, French, Dutch, Boers are all tribalists -- what I'm trying to say is that these things happen everywhere in the world. The fact that I'm the type of a person who doesn't give a fvck about someone's ethnicity doesn't mean I'd expect others to be like me. It takes a crazy amount of hard work to be like me, I understand, as long as nobody tries to think they're special because of their ethnicity.

Just because people have car accidents doesn't mean people should stop driving cars! Once you begin to see things from a "default perspective", them you'd understand that humans will always fight, kill, and hate, regardless of where they come from!

South and North Korea are the same people genetically, even though they fought off the Japanese again and again in the past, that didn't stop them from killing each other in the Korean war. Even Germans were divided by a wall just over 30 years ago.

Look, the earlier we start accepting reality, the better for us. As for me, as long as I am unable to give my kids a better country or future, I'm not going to bring any child into this part of the world to experience our madness.

2 Likes

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by SuperOnyi: 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
shocked

@LegendHero

Something will always create division even in a family, however Nigeria is not working, we can peacefully go our separate ways and still remain one big "families". This is why the British, Canada, USA, Australia, and New Zealand will always join hands together.

I'm worried about the future generations, I really am...
Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by seborrhic: 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
He looks and talks like MC Oluomo. Toutish talk
Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by Raskimonojendor: 7:02pm On Nov 14, 2023
LegendHero:
Lastly, this guy was responding to a guy asking “What can be done to stop tribalism in Nigeria and the context is cod of Lagos election”.

If you are a half Yoruba, whether on mom or dad side and you swore your allegiance and portray mostly your non-Yoruba side, you will NEVER be elected in Yorubaland even if your father is the Alaafin.

Ibos crying about Lagos should find better thing to expend their time to because Shinedu or anyone toiling his path will NEVER govern that state.
As it stands today, it's easier for Portugese Thiago Ishola to govern Lagos than GRV. He has more Yorubaness in him and will blend well with the majority of the locals. He knows the culture in and out, just like Gov Ademola Adeleke who is also half Yoruba.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by Raskimonojendor: 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
SuperOnyi:
shocked

God bless this guy, everything he wrote is the absolute truth! I wonder why we keep deceiving ourselves while the enemies laugh at our stupidity.

There are many countries in the European Union but they are more united than the nations that make up "Nigeria." I find myself lost in thoughts of a great life for my people but honestly I don't think they deserve any pity at all.

Even the British that created this country wouldn't wish the same for themselves, this is why they got like 3 countries under the United Kingdom! Even if we separate, it would never stop us from working together to make Africa great again -- which is what we all want, or maybe I'm wrong...

Why do we keep deceiving ourselves for Christ's sake? Why? Why? Is this the legacy we're going to leave behind for our children? So, they can hate and kill each other while Europeans and Asians make progress?

We only got one life to live, and one day, when you're lying on your dying bed, your children will spit on you because you did nothing to better their lives.
4 actually. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by SuperOnyi: 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

4 actually. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

shocked

Thank you sir. You're right!

1 Like

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by LegendHero(m): 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

As it stands today, it's easier for Portugese Thiago Ishola to govern Lagos than GRV. He has more Yorubaness in him and will blend well with the majority of the locals. He knows the culture in and out, just like Gov Ademola Adeleke who is also half Yoruba.

Exactly. If that boy and Chinedu were to be on the ballot, I’ll
Boys the Portuguese guy.

The Portuguese guy Thiago Ishola think in Yoruba, does his skit in Yoruba, spend most of time with Alaafin Oyo and have always valued the Yoruba.

Chinedu is a big mistake that must and will never happen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by LegendHero(m): 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
SuperOnyi:
shocked

@LegendHero

Something will always create division even in a family, however Nigeria is not working, we can peacefully go our separate ways and still remain one big "families". This is why the British, Canada, USA, Australia, and New Zealand will always join hands together.

I'm worried about the future generations, I really am...

Yes I support Nigeria breaking up as at when it happened.

But until then, Tinubu will continue to govern because it’s Yoruba turn to rule for 8 years.

If by tomorrow, something happened and they suddenly break Nigeria, it is very fine by me. Infact, Yorubaland will develop more as a separate country rather than being within this Nigeria.

But until then, we will live and participate in the politics without leaving things to chance.

1 Like

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by XerXers: 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
LegendHero:

Exactly. If that boy and Chinedu were to be on the ballot, I’ll
Boys the Portuguese guy.

The Portuguese guy Thiago Ishola think in Yoruba, does his skit in Yoruba, spend most of time with Alaafin Oyo and have always valued the Yoruba.

Chinedu is a big mistake that must and will never happen.
If them born your papa well conduct free and fair election. What have you done about HOR seats? I remember when some igbos who won HOR in 2015 were removed in 2019. You boasted that it will never happen again. What do we have now? I pity you miscreants from Kwara salivating over Lagos. Just be watching. People belong to where they live and contribute to it's development. Not some useless tribal rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by XerXers: 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
LegendHero:

But until then, Tinubu will continue to govern because it’s Yoruba turn to rule for 8 years.

If by tomorrow, something happened and they suddenly break Nigeria, it is very fine by me. Infact, Yorubaland will develop more as a separate country rather than being within this Nigeria.

But until then, we will live and participate in the politics without leaving things to chance.
See weak tribe. I pity you. When federal politics is no longer in your favor your hypocrisy will be exposed. Tinubu should carry out the age-long Yoruba restructuring mantra now. Igbo heavy capitalist hands will descend on you then you will see the foolishness of yoruba masses while their elites use their head to play ludo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by XerXers: 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
LegendHero:

No, it's the weak ones who feel threatened when they cannot complete on level playground that recoil to tribalism. Those who are confident that they will triumph don't need a tribal card. Tribal protectionism creates weaker future generations and it's happening in yorubaland

1 Like

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by LegendHero(m): 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2023
XerXers:

If them born your papa well conduct free and fair election. What have you done about HOR seats? I remember when some igbos who won HOR in 2015 were removed in 2019. You boasted that it will never happen again. What do we have now? I pity you miscreants from Kwara salivating over Lagos. Just be watching. People belong to where they live and contribute to its development. Not some useless tribal rubbish.

lol I no see una papa when small boys dey beat una papa and mama for Election Day. I heard your people close their door from behind and hold the door tight for fear of going out.

Na only online Ibo people dey make mouth. We no take una serious again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by SuperOnyi: 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
LegendHero:

shocked

I don't really care who rules, I already gave up a long time ago. But for how long will we continue to remain at the bottom? What exactly are these politicians doing to better our lives?

Man, I honestly don't even know what to think of the "African race". Whichever way, I will keep watching and see how far this ship takes us before it hits "Titanic".
Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by LegendHero(m): 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2023
XerXers:

No, it's the weak ones who feel threatened when they cannot complete on level playground that recoil to tribalism. Those who are confident that they will triumph don't need a tribal card. Tribal protectionism creates weaker future generations and it's happening in yorubaland

lol what’s the definition of weakness? Killing eachother and cannibalizing your population like IPOB terrorists to show strength? Yoruba people are not foolish.

—We want Amotekun, we got it without firing a single bullet even when FG initially showed restraint. That is because Yoruba leaders are strong willed and not sissy puss like Ibo leaders who can’t even control their populace.

Imagine the balless SE governor who can’t even sustain Ebube Agu because some few nonentities are holding them by the balls.

—IPOb terrorists don dey flog una parent every Monday and holding a whole region to ransom to sit at home. Your cowardice can’t even muster the courage to go against them yet you claim Yorubas are weak. They no born anybody father to hold Yoruba people to ransom not to do that they want.

—Tinubu a bold Yoruba openly said Emilokan and its Yoruba turn. Peter Obi the lunatic who is a sissy couldn’t muster the courage to say Ibo turn because he dosent have the balls. Instead he revert to the shadows to throw shade and beg Christians for vote claiming its religious war.

When you talk about boldness, no tribe has it as the Yoruba. From all the rugged newsmen and investigative journalists, to the well grounded activists that has shooked this nation, to the bold leaders that have questioned the status quo and ask the right of Yorubas, and to distant past history of building empires and coordinated form of government, to the likes of Benjamin Adekunle who flogged your ancestors and that had that coward Ojuku run for his life disguised as a woman.

In Nigeria, when you don’t kill people like babarians, then you are automatically weak. If Yoruba hasn’t been going about butchering people like Fulani herdsmen, cannibalizing and killing people like IPOB terrorists, and bombing people like Boko Haram, then to savages, we are weak!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by iSense247: 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2023
Only Yoruba muslims like FreeStuffsNG madridguy helinues yarimo etc can to die for one Nigeria because of the crumbs they get from APC politicians. Every other sensible person know this country cannot work this way even in a thousand years time. No multi-ethnic, multi-religious country can progress. It can't work anywhere in this world.
Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by Raskimonojendor: 7:57pm On Nov 14, 2023
LegendHero:

lol what’s the definition of weakness? Killing eachother and cannibalizing your population like IPOB terrorists to show strength? Yoruba people are not foolish.

—We want Amotekun, we got it without firing a single bullet even when FG initially showed restraint. That is because Yoruba leaders are strong willed and not sissy puss like Ibo leaders who can’t even control their populace.

Imagine the baseless SE governor who can’t even sustain Ebube Agu because some few nonentities are holding them by the balls.

—IPOb terrorists don dey flog una parent every Monday and holding a whole region to ransom to sit at home. Your cowardice can’t even muster the courage to go against them yet you claim Yorubas are weak. They no born anybody father to hold Yoruba people to ransom not to do that they want.

—Tinubu a bold Yoruba openly said Emilokan and its Yoruba turn. Peter Obi the lunatic who is a sissy couldn’t muster the courage to say Ibo turn because he dosent have the balls. Instead he revert to the shadows to throw shade and beg Christians for vote claiming its religious war.

When you talk about boldness, no tribe has it as the Yoruba.
Peter Obi looking at you with one eye grin

1 Like

Re: This Guy Post Is Generating Comments On X (twitter) by XerXers: 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2023
LegendHero:

Imagine the balless SE governor who can’t even sustain Ebube Agu because some few nonentities are holding them by the balls.

When you talk about boldness, no tribe has it as the Yoruba. From all the rugged newsmen and investigative journalists, to the well grounded activists that has shooked this nation, to the bold leaders that have questioned the status quo and ask the right of Yorubas, and to distant past history of building empires and coordinated form of government, to the likes of Benjamin Adekunle who flogged your ancestors and that had that coward Ojuku run for his life disguised as a woman.

In Nigeria, when you don’t kill people like babarians, then you are automatically weak. If Yoruba has been going about butchering people like Fulani herdsmen, cannibalizing and killing people like IPOB terrorists, and bombing people like Boko Haram, then to savages, we are weak!
Continue writing rubbish. You are boxed to a corner and Tinubu can't save you. He has few years to join his ancestors but our heavy hand remain upraised and Ronu tribal ranting can't stop it

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

States Begin Power Distribution In January - NERC / Gov. Ugwuanyi Swears In Two Commissioners / Inside Life Ganduje Stretches To Hear Kwankwaso And Sanusi Conversation-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.