Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) (32309 Views)

Johannesburg Lights Up For Christmas And Festive Season (PICS) / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty / Passengers Robbed Mid-Air On-board A South African Airways Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Dittodat: 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
Very basic. Nothing spectacular.
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Leebeedo(m): 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2023
BreconHills:
Seems rather neutral and somewhat sterile. It looks like nordic minimalists were let loose on the design. What happened to SA vibrant arts and craft?
Which one una get for Nigeria? Shame no dey even catch you?

3 Likes

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by peacettw: 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2023
I dont like it. The minimalistic look is unsettling. Reminds me of a hospital where major surgical procedures are conducted
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by peacettw: 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
BreconHills:
Seems rather neutral and somewhat sterile. It looks like nordic minimalists were let loose on the design. What happened to SA vibrant arts and craft?

Well said
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Blue3k(m): 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
hansomb:
why is everything Africa, to be specific Black African countries different? Infact all blacks countries like Haiti, Jamaica. Sé àn síwín ní àbí àn sérè ní ? Or are we just born to adapt to the Jungle way of life ( lawlessness and food chains lifestyle).

You get what you pay for the most part.
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Lilchilz(m): 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2023
BreconHills:

Eyinbo yiii owa poju bayiii
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by KosiGee(m): 7:06pm On Nov 15, 2023
FuckingMachine:
No coded space to Bleep 🤦‍♂️

You are such a depraved and sick mind. You’ve always been miserable, silly and a nuisance online. Your madness will be treated by someone who dread if you don’t seek solution to your mental ill health asap

1 Like

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by hansomb: 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2023
Imhereagain:

And ?
we need more of it here too. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Imhereagain(f): 7:10pm On Nov 15, 2023
hansomb:
we need more of it here too. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Who is stopping other regions from doing it ?
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by FuckingMachine: 7:20pm On Nov 15, 2023
KosiGee:

You are such a depraved and sick mind. You’ve always been miserable, silly and a nuisance online. Your madness will be treated by someone who dread if you don’t seek solution to your mental ill health asap

Are you not the one that was exposed for sharing HIV/AIDS in the romance section last year?
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by BreconHills(m): 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2023
Leebeedo:

Which one una get for Nigeria? Shame no dey even catch you?

You have to rise above being local.

I gave a critique. Oppose it on its merit. But don't get upset because you don't understand the expression " minimalism"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Joy2dworldxyz: 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2023
There's nothing hands can't do once the head present them....
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by ThunderFireAgba: 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Trash! The Airport in my village is better that this hut.

1 Like

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Jagabanarmy: 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
harryboyng:
Nice. Cool. Our country never settle. This kain thing no go fit enter our head yet. Make dem lead dey go…Abi..sorry..I hear say na we be the giant of Africa..souty na another continent bah..lol
SA cities are the most beautiful in Africa. In terms of development, SA is the giant of Africa. I was in Capetown and I was shocked seeing the beautiful environment

4 Likes

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by osuofia2(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
Oyibo staying back really helped SA

3 Likes

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Tyktoker: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
If na naija one alhaji SIDIKA would run with Al the MONEY meanet for it.
WannaHowzit:
South African Airways (SAA) has made a few new upgrades to its International Premium Lounge at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.

Officially opened on Monday, 13 November, The Lounge, as it’s known, was the first of the airline’s lounges to get upgraded, as part of an endeavour to renovate and refresh all SAA lounges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4tzjlI_ATg?si=k7lfXlWp8YmI_ZG4

Next up for renovation early next year is the first-class Platinum lounge, also at OR Tambo, followed by upgrades at SAA’s domestic lounges in Gqeberha, Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg.

The newly refurbished lounge now features contemporary designs in furniture and fittings, as well a carefully curated art collection.

A variety of comfortable areas now available at the lounge includes a quiet zone, meetings suites and private suites.

There is also a buffet menu available throughout the day, as well as a specially-designed A la Carte menu for passengers to enjoy. A new bar also features, serving up coffee, cocktails, mocktails and South African wines and bubbly.

1 Like

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by ThunderFireAgba: 7:33pm On Nov 15, 2023
There's nothing very useful a black man from South Africa say he built from scratch. Check out this High-brow CBD I snapped last year I went there. It has been decaying since the black took over.
If you're a JJC arriving this place for the first time, you dare never ask questions because you risk being kidnapped or harrased... robbery here is easy as ABC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Sucre7: 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2023
BreconHills:

TBH I prefer it this way. It doesn't need loud arts and colors to me.

1 Like

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Focusmind: 7:44pm On Nov 15, 2023
See class!!! Our standards in Nigeria is terribly low. Give a typical Nigerian government contractor this opportunity to design and furnish this kind space in Nigeria, you will be disappointed at what he would come up with. Archaic design and old school furniture will liter the whole space.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Sucre7: 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2023
Meanwhile, hadi sirika is yet to be invited by the EFCC and /ICPC for questioning how the scam National Carrier, the billions of misappropriated funds used for unveiling the logo or whatever sham he did.

Sleepy giant indeed.
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by izubext007: 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
Nigeria 🇳🇬 when

1 Like

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by CallmeTrinity: 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2023
FuckingMachine:

All these dirty illiterates on this forum sef

1 Like

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Allisgud: 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2023
Nigerians will go their to make movies and music video
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by BreconHills(m): 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
Sucre7:

TBH I prefer it this way. It doesn't need loud arts and colors to me.

True.

A lot of lounges are inobtrusive "no offence" decor. It seems to be the norm - beige, tan, brown and blank. Even the revolutionary Singapore Changi airport. ( below)

But for me these themes don't do justice - there must be a way of making them understated and still revving up local culture and iconography.

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Calitoscassius(m): 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2023
Allisgud:
Nigerians will go their to make movies and music video
And sell drugs, scam people and thief!
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by fmsmartlinks: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2023
FuckingMachine:
and u want to have a safe flight?
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Chetas81(m): 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2023
MEANWHILE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN LAGOS DON'T HAVE SHIELD FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE WAITING FOR THEIR LOVE ONE, AWON OLUYA CITIZEN

1 Like

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Duru009(m): 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2023
Many countries keep leaving Nigeria behind....
Nawaooo
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by eliwa47(m): 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2023
No be country be this?
I will be there God willing by March next year for a visit, after staying there for 6 yrs.
Make I go check my big bum bum girls grin
Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by manitoba(m): 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2023
Lovely!

1 Like

Re: S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) by Kushites: 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2023
hansomb:
All these are normal places in d Arabs airport, Saudi, Qatar, uae, Iran, Yemen,Abu Dhabi , Singapore, Malaysia, Turkey, Indonesia, most European countries, some America states., some Asian countries like China, Taiwan south Korea, even North Korea, Japan. . etc why is everything Africa, to be specific Black African countries different? Infact all blacks countries like Haiti, Jamaica. Sé àn síwín ní àbí àn sérè ní ? Or are we just born to adapt to the Jungle way of life ( lawlessness and food chains lifestyle).

IGNORANT DUNCE WITH INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

MOST OF YOU DUMB SLAVES HERE HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY INVESTIGATED BLACK COUNTRIES’ AIRPORTS TODAY.

LOOK AT YOUR DIRTY FACE CALLING HAITI.

WHY ARE THE POOREST BLACK NATIONS THE EXAMPLES YOU ARE USING?

HAVE YOU INVESTIGATED LUANDA AIRPORT IN ANGOLA?

OR ABIDJAN AND DAKAR AIRPORTS?

WHAT ABOUT ADDIS ABABA AIRPORT?

DO YOU KNOW THAT KINSHASA, DRC HAS A BEAUTIFUL, WORLD CLASS AIRPORT?

ACCRA AIRPORT, HAVE YOU SEEN IT?

HAVE YOU BEEN TO ABUJA OR PORT HARCOURT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OR THE NEW MMA LAGOS AIRPORT?

OF COURSE YOU HAVEN’T.

THOSE ARE ALL VERY BEAUTIFUL, TOP CLASS FACILITIES, BUT WILL WHITE MAN OBSESSED RACIAL INFERIORITY COMPLEX AND SELF HATRED ALLOW YOU TO EVEN INVESTIGATE ANYTHING IN AFRICA OR THE BLACK WORLD?

STUPID, CNN BRAINWASHED TO SELF-HATE PEA BRAINS.

DISGUSTING UNCLE TOM SELLOUT COONS WITH ZERO SELF ESTEEM.

GO ON YOUTUBE AND SEE SOME OF THE BEAUTIFUL FACILITIES AND FAST DEVELOPMENT IN MANY BLACK SOCIETIES THAT YOU SHOULD BE PATRONISING TO BUILD UP THE BLACK NATIONS.

YOU COMPLETELY IGNORE THEM, AND THE FIRST MONEY YOU GET, YOU RUN TO DUBAI OR NEW YORK AND LONDON TO HELP ENRICH OTHER CONTINENTS AND PLAY SMILEY SLAVE TO RACISTS WHO CAN’T STAND THE SIGHT OF YOU.

HOW CAN THEY, WHEN THEY KNOW YOU HATE YOUR OWN SELF AND WORSHIP THEM?

MENTALLY COLONISED, DISGUSTING PEOPLE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The World’s Most Colourful Hotels PHOTOS / Twist In Regional Competition As New Airport Opens In Anambra / Kunle Adeyanju Who Is Riding A Bike From London To Lagos Is Due To Arrive Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.