Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu (6680 Views)

Enugu: Supreme Court Re-affirms Gov Mbah (PDP), Dismisses LP/Edeoga's Petition / 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu / ‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by FreeStuffsNG: 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
Court Of Appeal Dismisses Labour Party, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu

The Court of Appeal in Lagos State has thrown out the appeals filed by Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour of the Labour Party (LP) against the election of Babajide Sanwo-Olu of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

SaharaReporters earlier reported that the appeal court also dismissed the suit filed by Abdulazeez Adediran, the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) against the Lagos State governor.

In a unanimous decision delivered on Wednesday, the three-member panel led by Yargata Nimpar dismissed the grounds of the appeal filed by the LP and the PDP.

The panel affirmed the judgement of the tribunal that upheld the victory of Sanwo-Olu as the elected governor of Lagos, in the March 11 election.

Sanwo-Olu polled 762,134 votes to defeat his close challenger, Rhodes-Vivour, who scored 312,329 votes. Jandor came a distant third with 62,449 votes.

Not satisfied, the LP and PDP candidates approached the Lagos State Election Petitions Tribunal to nullify Sanwo-Olu’s victory.

In its ruling on September 25, the tribunal dismissed Adediran and Rhodes-Vivour’s suit seeking to nullify the victory of Sanwo-Olu at the poll.

Jandor and Rhodes-Vivour consequently appealed the judgment of the tribunal.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/15/court-appeal-dismisses-labour-party-rhodes-vivours-case-against-governor-sanwo-olu

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by FreeStuffsNG: 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2023
Mr Chinedu of ElluPee lule pii.

Politics of hate, lies, tribal/religious bigotry , cyberbullying and criminal defamation lule pii.

I am happy that while the case was on, my Governor has maintained a laser focus on delivering governance to us in Lagos.

From Blue rail line, red line, fourth mainland Bridge, Badagry deep seaport, Lagos film village ,Lagos-Calabar coastal highway, to many audacious projects and leading an excellent team,

HE Babajide Sanwo-Olu has been phenomenal and that's why we voted him and rejected Mr Chinedu. Lagos didn't reject Mr Chinedu not only because he can not speak Yoruba or for all his insults to Yoruba leaders and bigoted vitriol against Yoruba generally but critically because he doesn't have the experience to govern a state like Lagos. The state of development in Lagos state is meant for an Omoluabi who understands and has the hands on experience of the high level of Lagos Excellence in service.
Congratulations Sanwo- Eko. Itesiwaju Ilu Eko, ajumose gbogbo wa ni.

Please invest in Lagos today for great returns on investment and the best investor friendly experience.Check my signature for free stuffs!

92 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by Gajagojo: 11:02pm On Nov 15, 2023
No case
Objection overruled

12 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by yarimo(m): 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2023
Another labouring in vain

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by Lovemeharder(f): 4:12am On Nov 16, 2023
angry
Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by raumdeuter: 4:19am On Nov 16, 2023
Gberabo o nice
Gbarebo lule

He should try contesting in Anambra State to succeed Soludo

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by inoki247: 4:38am On Nov 16, 2023
Person wey dey waste him time make he go join him Hero Hyundai and be rulling Ghana....

People that always comes with Jargons that's because him mama is from another tribe Adeleke Mama no be Yoruba even Akerodolu wife no be Yoruba buh you will never see them talking jargons Abt dere father tribe.....

Na him play into the hand of APC Igbokwe no du half of wetin he du before dem ban him from going home..

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by yellowgarri2(m): 5:05am On Nov 16, 2023
Ok
Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by DeeGov123(m): 5:06am On Nov 16, 2023
Congratulations sanwo lu

9 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by socialmediaman: 5:06am On Nov 16, 2023
APC has destroyed the judiciary, what remained the last hope for the common man. It was a system that even corrupt politicians tried not to tamper with, but APC has no such ethics.

Tinubu and Buhari have set Nigeria back to the time when politics was do or die, a time when politicians murdered their opponents who were likely to win, like what happened to Funsho Williams. Most Nigerians have lost confidence in the judiciary.

Pray for Nigeria 🇳🇬

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by mascot87(m): 5:08am On Nov 16, 2023
Before nko. How do you expect a sensible court to grant judgement in favour of a verified terrorist apologist.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by VikingKing: 5:10am On Nov 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Politics of hate, lies, bigotry and criminal defamation lule pii.

I am happy that while the case was on, my Governor has maintained a laser focus on delivering governance to us in Lagos.

From Blue rail line, red line, fourth mainland Bridge, Badagry deep seaport, Lagos film village ,Lagos-Calabar coastal highway, to many audacious projects and leading an excellent team,

HE Babajide Sanwo-Olu has been phenomenal and that's why we voted him and rejected Mr Chinedu. Lagos didn't reject Mr Chinedu because he can not speak Yoruba or for all his insults to Yoruba leaders and Yoruba generally but because he doesn't have the experience to govern a state like Lagos. The state of development in Lagos state is meant for someone who understands the high level of Lagos Excellence in service.

Man must wack.
If hawking useless book no sell, online media cow go sell 🤣🤣🤣

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by tunwumi: 5:10am On Nov 16, 2023
GRV, if truly you want to serve in Lagos, you need to stop all the ideas that made you look like a *** form alliance with others, strategies as a person whose love of the city is your desire not like 21st century Alimi.

3 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by blingxx(m): 5:10am On Nov 16, 2023
This guy still dey ; I've forgotten about him sha, Omoh lagos state really dodged a bullet

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by izubext007: 5:11am On Nov 16, 2023
They shall labour invain is coming to pass oooo

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:15am On Nov 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Politics of hate, lies, bigotry and criminal defamation lule pii.

HE Babajide Sanwo-Olu has been phenomenal and that's why we voted him and rejected Mr Chinedu. Lagos didn't reject Mr Chinedu because he can not speak Yoruba or for all his insults to Yoruba leaders and Yoruba generally but because he doesn't have the experience to govern a state like Lagos. The state of development in Lagos state is meant for someone who understands the high level of Lagos Excellence in service.

Well stated. Sentiments and tribalism aside, Gbadebo was not a good fit as Lagos Governor.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by zoedew: 5:18am On Nov 16, 2023
raumdeuter:
Gberabo o nice
Gbarebo lule

He should try contesting in Anambra State to succeed Soludo
Chinedu Mama get bitterness pass bitter kola! Lagos for hear wen if suppose say Chinedu win for Lagos Governor!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by Spandau: 5:21am On Nov 16, 2023
socialmediaman:
APC has destroyed the judiciary, what remained the last hope for the common man. It was a system that even corrupt politicians tried not to tamper with, but APC has no such ethics.

Tinubu and Buhari have set Nigeria back to the time when politics was do or die, a time when politicians murdered their opponents who were likely to win, like what happened to Funsho Williams. Most Nigerians have lost confidence in the judiciary.

Pray for Nigeria 🇳🇬

See, bros, bros, ehn, it is not possible for Gbarebor to have won Lagos naah. Abi which kind wahala be dis?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by Elinosweet143(f): 5:23am On Nov 16, 2023
Haaa this man still dey, I been don forget say case like this dey oh, I thought we have all moved pass this

9 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by bigdammyj: 5:23am On Nov 16, 2023
Noted.
Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by BarrElChapo(m): 5:25am On Nov 16, 2023
🤔
Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by Poll23: 5:25am On Nov 16, 2023
Lagosians rejected being govern by stranger, can you now go to your state and rule them.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by paymentvoucher: 5:26am On Nov 16, 2023
cheesy
Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by whatisthetruth: 5:27am On Nov 16, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

Well stated. Sentiments and tribalism aside, Gbadebo was not a good fit as Lagos Governor.

Someone that went to MIT is not fit to be a governor in Nigeria?

A LARGE PORTION of ya'll in Nigeria have lost your senses, it seems.

MIT grad is not fit, but Lagos College 4 year early grad is fit.

Upside down country.

You guys have no love for your own kind, or even your family, cause there is no way you would wish to be ruled by sub-par people.

If you have to go to the Doctor tomorrow, I wonder if you won't pick a highly skilled IVY league med graduate if you could, but for the rest of your people in Nigeria, such a person is not fit.

How do you guys think sef in this country? It hurts my brain.

I'm sure you're the type to say Elon Musk is not fit, even though the guy could literally transform Naij in like a year, but it is a 1970 graduate from a school established in 1974 that you will throw all your support for.

Damn! I don't get it, I really don't.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by Poll23: 5:27am On Nov 16, 2023
Yorubas has unmasked you can you now remove the Gbadebo and replace it with your sinedu

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by socialmediaman: 5:32am On Nov 16, 2023
Spandau:

See, bros, bros, ehn, it is not possible for Gbarebor to have won Lagos naah. Abi which kind wahala be dis?

I didn’t say he won the election but the confidence of the electorates on the judiciary has been destroyed

INEC refused to allow inspection of BVAS machines and release of backup data despite court orders, and the courts refused to do anything about it. Voters were physically prevented from voting at the polls.

Do you think politicians will wait to go to court next time ? They’ll likely resort to using political thugs, importing arms and all that. That’s what created BH. That’s what election was like in Nigeria years back

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by bobbiiee: 5:34am On Nov 16, 2023
Virtually everything requires learning. Some call it apprenticeship. I believe governance is not an exception. There was this big poster when we were in school with this inscription, "God when you prepare a place for me, prepare me for the place". Opportunities void of preparation often end in disaster.

7 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by stuffs2002: 5:35am On Nov 16, 2023
Bitter Obi and the rest of the Nzougbu Nzougbu crew will start foaming at the mouth over this loss

Chinedu Patrick Rhodes-Vivor like Peter Obi are not fit for leadership. A leader should not be consumed by hatred for others he hopes to govern. Both Peter Obi and Chinedu Rhodes-Vivor have too much hatred for others in them and deserves to lose 100%

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Dismisses LP, Rhodes-Vivour’s Case Against Governor Sanwo-Olu by whatisthetruth: 5:36am On Nov 16, 2023
Chai, Barbarians.

Like the final scene of the movie, "I am Legend", where the main character is yelling to the zombies :-

"I CAN SAVE YOU, I CAN SAVE YOU"

but the zombies devoid of all logic, kept banging their heads into the glass wall of the lab enclosure.

I can't believe a whole MIT grad is what someone is saying is not fit to lead.

How disgusting can some of you Nigerians get? Tell me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Geometric Power Project Capable Of Benefitting Ohafia - Lawmaker / Abandoned Imo Governor Owelle Rochas' Road Project In Akokwa (pictures) / What's Up With Radio Biafra Tonight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.