Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,715 members, 7,831,255 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, (15983 Views)

APC Rules Out Statutory Delegates / Court Okays Statutory Delegates To Vote In APC National Convention, Others / APC Primary: Tinubu's Chances At Risk Over Exclusion Of Statutory Delegates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by tunwumi: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chetas81:
you mean not acceptable in this part of the world, hhhhmmm anyway people always be what they want to be

There are more illiterate that vote in America that literate. So if it requires a qualification to vote, it is not acceptable anywhere in the world.
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by gloryman91: 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2023
What is the essence of IPPIS then ?

Just like my Oga that refused to leave after 60years eventhough he no longer receive salary.

Nigeria data base is just too poor.
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Bukola94: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chetas81:
GOOD DEVELOPMENT, THOSE ONE WHO REFUSED TO KEEP MONEY DURING THEIR SERVICE SHOULD GO AND DRINK GARI
keep which money, money for food and transport only. salary that hardly last for two weeks. I spent 15k on transport, if not for close proximity to work. Some spent 20k plus. Foods (rice 9k,beans 9k,spices 3k,semo 5k,soup 6k,garri 3k,misc 20k(medicines,NEPA,fuel) etc remove all these expenses from 55k
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Bukola94: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2023
LordBillionz:

You forgot this is Nigeria?
IPPIS that can be compromised?
they have been compromised before. Judicial, INEC and police can be compromised

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Chetas81(m): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bukola94:
keep which money, money for food and transport only. salary that hardly last for two weeks. I spent 15k on transport, if not for close proximity to work. Some spent 20k plus. Foods (rice 9k,beans 9k,spices 3k,semo 5k,soup 6k,garri 3k,misc 20k(medicines,NEPA,fuel) etc remove all these expenses from 55k
WITH ALL THIS YOU MENTIONED HERE,WE MUST BLAME OURSELVES,AS NIGERIAN KEEP ON TAKING BRIBERY FROM THE PEOPLE WHO DECIDED TO LEAD US
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Bukola94: 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2023
smasher1:

They obviously don't have that, that's why they are requesting for voluntary retirement. This should not be voluntary. Once you attain a particular year anniversary or due for other benefits where I work, you don't need to remember HR. You would get an automatic mail.
that is good

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Chetas81(m): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2023
tunwumi:

There are more illiterate that vote in America that literate. So if it requires a qualification to vote, it is not acceptable anywhere in the world.
HHHHMMM I MIGHT NOT AGREE WITH YOU ✌️, BECAUSE WE CAN ONLY LIVE ON THE SYSTEM WE BUILD FOR OURSELVES, WITH THE HELP OF WICKED BRITISH COLONY, BECAUSE THEY WON'T ALLOW US TO BE WHAT WE LOVE TO BE.
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Zandena(f): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2023
This exposes the endemic corruptio, entrenched lack of organisation and system failure and dysfunction in the beleaguered Nigeria police!
Even in civil service, prospective annual retirees names are being published in January of each year and relevant departments put on notice. It is not possible to exclude any officer who is due for retirement.
But Nigeria police is where the impossible do happen!

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by tunwumi: 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chetas81:
HHHHMMM I MIGHT NOT AGREE WITH YOU ✌️, BECAUSE WE CAN ONLY LIVE ON THE SYSTEM WE BUILD FOR OURSELVES, WITH THE HELP OF WICKED BRITISH COLONY, BECAUSE THEY WON'T ALLOW US TO BE WHAT WE LOVE TO BE.

Pls mention the name of. Country where literacy is required to vote?

See democracy is game of number not of reason or wisdom

That is why they said minority have their say, majority have their way. (Whether sensible or senseless)

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Lukuluku69(m): 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
DesChyko:
Why do these public servants not look forward to their retirements as if it's a call to suffer? Perhaps the uncertainty around their pensions plays a role too.

Not more on the Pensions but what they are seating on presently in terms of perks/Kickbacks, bribe etc.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Bukola94: 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chetas81:
WITH ALL THIS YOU MENTIONED HERE,WE MUST BLAME OURSELVES,AS NIGERIAN KEEP ON TAKING BRIBERY FROM THE PEOPLE WHO DECIDED TO LEAD US
Bribe that can't sustain them for the next 4years. Hunger and poverty has altered voters brain. they don't know where their next meal is coming from. Imagine 1,2k and 4k been shared, and they suffer for the next 4years to 8 years. Some of us have weep for this nation and we are tired. U need see young girls, ladies and grown up guys and men that walk up to me to beg for token on daily basis, especially the government house side and students area. Kidnappers are also taking advantage of this to lure young boys and girls with biscuits, coke and small money. it is so sad,the situations is getting worse day by day

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Chetas81(m): 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2023
tunwumi:

Pls mention the name of. Country where literacy is required to vote?

See democracy is game of number not of reason or wisdom
IN UNITED KINGDOM, WHERE OUR DEMOCRACY COME FROM,ONE OF MY ARCHITECT BOSS TOLD ME THAT IN UK YOU CAN'T JUST COME OUT AND BEGGED FOR VOTE, BECAUSE THE BRITISH CITIZEN WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND AND HISTORY,IF THEIR IS ANY CRIMINALS RECORD THEY WON'T VOTE FOR YOU ________ CAN YOU EVEN THINK OF THIS TYPE OF THINGS IN NIGERIA, ASK YOURSELF WHY WE DON'T PRACTICE SUCH THING AND DO YOU THINK ILLITERATE CAN THINK OF THIS BECAUSE NOBODY TEACH PEOPLE OF SUCH IDEA

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Chetas81(m): 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bukola94:
Bribe that can't sustain them for the next 4years. Hunger and poverty has altered voters brain. they don't know where their next meal is coming from. Imagine 1,2k and 4k been shared, and they suffer for the next 4years to 8 years. Some of us have weep for this nation and we are tired. U need see young girls, ladies and grown up guys and men that walk up to me to beg for token on daily basis, especially the government house side and students area. Kidnappers are also taking advantage of this to lure young boys and girls with biscuits, coke and small money. it is so sad,the situations is getting worse day by day
NOOOOO SIR IS NOT GETTING WORSE, IS BECAUSE WE CANNOT LOOK BEYOND OUR NOSE 👃 ASK YOURSELF WHY WE CANNOT GO FOR PEACEFUL PROTEST, LOOK AT LAST ELECTION WHERE NIGERIAN IDIOT SUPPORTING TINUBU, WITH ALL THE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HIM,IS BECAUSE WE FAILED TO THINK BEYOND OUR NOSE, NOW IM AT WORK AS IM SPEAKING TO YOU NOW, MEANWHILE MANY NIGERIAN CANNOT AFFORD IT ON SUNDAY

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by sanya4good(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2023
Why must everything be upside-down in this country. Why must police officers be the ones to write retirement letters again. Ordinarily they don't want to leave the service so they won't write any letter.
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by thatigboman: 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2023
Domaining101:
Honestly, i feel like if we require politicians to be university graduates before they apply for any governmental office, we also need to make sure the people voting for them too also have to have at least a WAEC cert, because an illiterate/ignorant majority is more dangerous than.......
that will contravene the principle of universal suffrage
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Deogratiasfx: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
Trumpdonald5:
I still wonder why they ask civil servants to retire at about 65yrs yet allow people over 70yrs to vie for political offices. This has to stop.
Everyone should retire at about 65yrs to give room for younger ones. If at 65 you are no longer fit to work as a civil servant, you shouldn't be fit enough to work as a governor or senator or president.

That is an irony. One small corner in an office you are too old to be employed when you clock 30 but the president of a whole country can be 'employed' at 70.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Walz001: 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2023
dre11:

Inspector-General Orders Police Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, Service

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/19/breaking-nigerian-inspector-general-orders-police-officers-tender-retirement-letters

Nlfpmod

What a shame forcefully asking civil servant to retire

Well i wont blame them i will always blame the blind followers cheering them up because some followers will applaud this statement
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by seunayantokun(m): 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2023
The Nigeria Police has been made a devil instead of a living life saver.
Unfortunately, it is still being used as a weapon of enslavement.
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Ashirioluwa: 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2023
Rolexed:

$100k tax refunds! Some fools will fall for this scam.
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by IMASTEX: 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chinjo2:
Is it that police does not have a data bank for their staff?
Every police officer due for retirement suppose to have been given retirement notice three months ago to proceed on terminal leave. Which one is writing of retirement letter again?
I was at one of their Divisional Office last week. I remarked on the vehicles littered around for various reasons. One of the feedback wondered me, imagine a police officer saying one of the vehicle was a recovered stolen car. That it has been there for years, that the owner might be from another state, hence it will be difficult for him to trace it. And I replied, a simple data base where the details "license plate, engine number & chassis number" can be viewed by all or even only the police authority would have saved the stress. There is actually no hope for Nigeria in reality.
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by tnerro1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2023
All these started when bubu started extending the appointments of people who should have retired at 60 or 35 years in service. That abokii really took this nation 8 years backwards, I pity Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by tunwumi: 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chetas81:
IN UNITED KINGDOM, WHERE OUR DEMOCRACY COME FROM,ONE OF MY ARCHITECT BOSS TOLD ME THAT IN UK YOU CAN'T JUST COME OUT AND BEGGED FOR VOTE, BECAUSE THE BRITISH CITIZEN WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND AND HISTORY,IF THEIR IS ANY CRIMINALS RECORD THEY WON'T VOTE FOR YOU ________ CAN YOU EVEN THINK OF THIS TYPE OF THINGS IN NIGERIA, ASK YOURSELF WHY WE DON'T PRACTICE SUCH THING AND DO YOU THINK ILLITERATE CAN THINK OF THIS BECAUSE NOBODY TEACH PEOPLE OF SUCH IDEA

Pls read

https://unlock.org.uk/advice/member-of-parliament/
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Chetas81(m): 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2023
tunwumi:

Pls read

https://unlock.org.uk/advice/member-of-parliament/
NIGERIAN MAN TOLD ME WHAT I TOLD YOU,I WON'T READ WHAT YOU COPY FROM INTERNET
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by thatigboman: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
Zandena:
This exposes the endemic corruptio, entrenched lack of organisation and system failure and dysfunction in the beleaguered Nigeria police!
Even in civil service, prospective annual retirees names are being published in January of each year and relevant departments put on notice. It is not possible to exclude any officer who is due for retirement.
But Nigeria police is where the impossible do happen!
in some organisations, staff are sent for pre-retirement course 1 or 2 years to their retirement. Seems police don't organise pre-retirement course. Because in the letter from HR, you will be reminded of the date you will retire.
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by ShenTeh(m): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
Love800:
Ur mum was a secondary school teacher?

Primary. All her service was within the primary sector.
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Love800(m): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2023
Nawa. So sorry abt dat pension stuff.
But let me ask dis. Like how much do primary school teachers receive as salary?
ShenTeh:

Primary. All her service was within the primary sector.
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by tunwumi: 10:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chetas81:
NIGERIAN MAN TOLD ME WHAT I TOLD YOU,I WON'T READ WHAT YOU COPY FROM INTERNET

If you have a problem of reading, what makes you different from illiterate?
Re: IGP Orders Officers To Tender Retirement Letters After Exceeding Statutory Age, by Chetas81(m): 10:26pm On Nov 19, 2023
tunwumi:

If you have a problem of reading, what makes you different from illiterate?
you have issues to solved within you so I arrest my case

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Restructuring: Tambuwal Chairs Northern Governor & Traditional Rulers' Meeting / Do You Know That Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Isn't Ijaw? / China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.