Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? (3312 Views)

Accident In Benin City This Afternoon (graphic Photos) / Ghastly Car Accident In Makurdi. Benue State Capital. Photos / Car Accident At Mushin, Lagos (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2011
Even the slightest scratch on your car is already an accident, because no one would intentionally scratch his or her car leaving ugly marks on it,  Except for danfo drivers anyway, who don't care about their ugly metallic structure. My point exactly is that Lagos is just a hectic place for almost everything including cars. If you are the best driver and you decide not to hit anyone by been careless my peeps, another person is around the corner to Hit you,  Think about these roads: Lagos-Abeokuta expressway, Lagos-Island through Western avenue, Lekki-Ajah, Ketu-Mile 2, Mile 12 Oshodi etc, 

Personally i think its just impossible for you to use a single car for 3years without any form of accident.
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2011
shocked No one is yet to respond, Wow as in Wow!!! Moderators
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by badpeople: 6:55am On Oct 29, 2011
Nice topic, @poster, you said it all, Lagos!!!!!!!!! when we will have all hese mad danfos arround, even when you parked your car any area in lagos, you are bound to experience hit and run
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by chidyke77(m): 9:59am On Oct 30, 2011
You are right poster
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by aieromon(m): 10:57am On Oct 30, 2011
In Lagos,you can get an accident by just parking your car and attending to business.
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by showbobo(m): 11:03am On Oct 30, 2011
aieromon:

In Lagos,you can get an accident by just parking your car and attending to business.
So true cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by anishe(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2011
i think the op is right but what i think is for every car owners to do a comprehensive car insurance, not the police let my people go type
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by dammytosh: 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2011
I once parked and sat in my car. All for a Jeep to attempt to park at a very small spot behind me, before I could say Jack, The guy has removed my bumper seriously and damaged my car seriously.
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by jossy26: 12:50pm On Oct 30, 2011
Lol @damitosh, if you are not on comprehensive insurance and driving in Lagos even Porthacourt, you are on your own o,cos you can't just escape bein bashed.if you don't hit a car, another will hit you
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by babaowo: 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2011
its fun driving in lagos lol,danfo and okada are d boss on lagos road.
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by gascoign1(m): 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2011
U beta hit some1 cos they will surely hit you sooner or later
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by splitnaija(m): 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2011
jossy26:

Lol @damitosh, if you are not on comprehensive insurance and driving in Lagos even Porthacourt, you are on your own o,cos you can't just escape bein bashed.if you don't hit a car, another will hit you
]

Not sure port harcxourt has gotten to that level, besides okadas don't run in phc anymore.
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by crusufixo(m): 7:23am On Oct 31, 2011
The one that really drives me crazy are the okada guys. Oh !!! my good God !!, they can be so so so !! annoying.most times when i get home from work, i always see funny scratches here and there on my car.These guys usually do this during heavy traffic wen they try to maneuver their way thru.The unfortunate thing is that u'wont know exactly who scratch your car as there are just many of them trying to maneuver ( even though is very obvious that they can't pass).Left for me, okada's are my major headache on the road, as for the danfo drivers in lagos, i no how to handle them ( bin in lagos practically all my life). Another group of people that give me hypertension on the road are the trailers,trucks container carrying vechicles and of lately, those Red BRT buses. Please word of advice to all ye drivers, if u see any of the mentioned above, please drive as far away as you can from them, cos the drivers of these vehicles are all devil incarnates !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 31, 2011
gascoign1:

This guy don make me laugh die!!! LMAO grin grin
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by splitnaija(m): 3:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
gascoign1:

Really funny
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by BoOOosHBoy: 5:09am On Nov 12, 2011
True talk
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by eros(m): 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
Lagos > A city where 98% of her resident are "CLINICALLY MAD or PSYCHO" grin grin grin grin

Most of the scratches i have on my car is as a result of everytime i visit Lagos. Infact I am always prepared to be hit, scratched or bashed whenever am in Lagos.
Re: Surviving Without Car Accident In Lagos: Impossible ? by Exponental(m): 7:53am On Nov 13, 2011
Lagos?
Bad roads, hectic environs/ conditns, impatience, bad drivers.
Most drivers licences are fake.
Learners out of pride refuse d use of L signs. Too many pple.

(1) (Reply)

The Game’s 2016 Bentley Bentayga / Toyota Corolla 2003 / Which Car Sticker Or Emblem In Nigeria Is The Most Powerful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.