Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public (23939 Views)

Imo: Army To Commence Shooting Exercise From September 5, Warns Public / Osun Election: Political Thug Arrested With Charms In IIsale Osun (Photos) / DSS Warns Public Against Dealing With Sacked DG, Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by chokekachy: 7:46pm On Nov 20, 2023
Justice Hakeem Oshodi of an Ikeja High Court has warned members of the public to stop leaving charms in his courtroom.

Mr Oshodi gave the warning on Monday as the trial of five men charged with the murder of one Ifeanyi Etunmuse began.

“No one should leave charms in my courtroom. It should not be repeated. A talisman was found after the last adjourned date in the murder case,” he said.

The judge, who referred to the charm as ‘property’, warned the courtroom audience: “Do not leave your property here again. It does not work anymore.”

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Lagos State government brought charges against the five suspects; Atunrase Omolabi, Shittu Olawale, Olaide Opeifa, Olanrewaju Adebiyi aka Maja, and Jamiu Omosanya aka Orobo.

They were charged with attempted murder and murder of Etunmuse at Western Funeral Home, Ijede Ikorodu.

Earlier in the trial, the defence counsel continued with the cross-examination of the prosecution witness, Babatunde Olayinka.

Olanrewaju Ajanaku, the lead defence counsel to the first, second, and third defendants and later on the fifth defendant, asked Mr Olayinka if he could say that the defendants had a hand in the attack on the deceased.

He also asked him if he was able to get a view of the compound of the local politician and funeral services businessman, Oluwatosin Onamade, from his hiding place following the alleged attack.

The witness told the court that he hid himself in the cemetery, and lay down for a while to hide himself from a group of men that he saw wielding machetes at the Onamade compound on the day of the incident, 16 April 2021.

The witness further told the court that as he hid himself from the machete-wielding men, he turned around and saw a dead body beside him.

Mr Ajanaku asked the witness: “Can you say emphatically that the first, second, third and fifth defendant had anything to do with the body you saw?”

The witness replied that he could not say emphatically that the defendants had anything to do with the body.

The defence counsel to the fourth defendant, Mahmud Adesina, continued with the cross-examination of the prosecution witness and questioned him on whether he had told the court earlier that Femi Onamade, a relative of Oluwatosin Onamade, was the one who knew the defendants in person.

Mr Olayinka affirmed that it was Femi who knew the defendants and Oluwatosin who could identify them.

The prosecution counsel, M. T. Adewoye, re-examined the witness and asked him to clarify what he meant when he told the court earlier that he could not identify the defendants.

Mr Olayinka told the court that he indeed saw the machete-wielding men when they came into the compound.

Mr Adewoye requested the court to issue a witness summons for Femi Onamade to appear in court.

The judge, then issued a witness summons for Femi Onamade.

The judge adjourned the matter until 19 February 2024, for the continuation of trial.

On a previous court hearing on 6 April, the prosecution had alleged that the suspects also cut off the wrist of Femi Onamade, the younger brother to Tosin Onamade.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/645048-stop-leaving-charms-in-my-court-judge-warns.html?fbclid=IwAR11PUTvzci8rIvihwnd9NfTnfFWenLu3OoeCQlENwVfiDyLm8a2ShsP_7E

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by Oloki: 7:51pm On Nov 20, 2023
The man don fortify himself to the brim.

He is not a charm collector so they shouldn't forget their exhibit there.

Do the crime and serve the time... No be so dem they talk am?

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by superCleanworks(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2023
jahsharon:
. Shey una no know say na all of us be Juju man for Yoruba land ni? Abi because we dey wear suit, you think say Juju no dey under our suit?
😂

3 Likes

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by ipobarecriminals: 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
grin Useless charm.The person dat do the USELESS CHARM,don SCAMMED the owner

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by LegendHero(m): 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
Lol.

Weray la fin wo werey.

10 Likes

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by atobs4real(m): 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
Africa and charms are 5&6
Please manage their situation.
They want favorable judgment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by sweerychick(f): 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
grin primitive folks

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by israelmao(m): 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2023
When people can't secure justice they seek for alternative.
When people secure can't justice they seek for alternative.
When people can't secure justice they seek for alternative.

1 Like

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by bjtinz: 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2023
😁😁😆😆

NAIJA I hail.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by Higherthan: 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2023
Upon the charm APC will still win most Court cases 😂
PDP mini and PDP pro max will only labor in vain

4 Likes

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by SAMBARRY: 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
grin

If I say A,you say P any another man say C Omo ma you sabi cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by Higherthan: 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
Sorrynovex:
Helinues mama no dey hear word
He's not like you who uses kick 🦵 to wake your parents from sleep

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by Authoreety: 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2023
Just imagine

1 Like

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by TANID(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2023
Funny
Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by SultanOfPuna: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2023
Ok
Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by wwwkaycom(m): 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2023
Ogun abenu gongo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by ShangTsung000: 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2023
Thunder fire your family. All these judges are meant to die painfully. This one sef na small thing. Next na your car you go find am.

Stupid set of backward bozos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by Wizardslayer: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2023
Ogboni dey fear JuJu ke??

1 Like

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by Macdeey: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by Kukutente23: 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2023
This is some funny shite
The owner of the jazz must be like WTF

4 Likes

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by Lovemeharder(f): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2023
Hmmm... embarassed
Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by tiswell(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2023
Oloki:
The man don fortify himself to the bream.

He is not a charm collector so they shouldn't forget their exhibit there.

Do the crime and serve the time... No be so dem they talk am?
brim

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by Afamsi: 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2023
Charms work on those that are empty or with weaker charms

1 Like

Re: Stop Leaving Charms In My Court - Justice Hakeem Oshodi Warns Public by KillIgbohoN0W: 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2023
You neva see anything.

We are bringing more tomorrow.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Queries Stella Oduah Over N255m Cars / Osun Governorship Election May End In Run-off / ADF, Afenifere, Others Eulogise Peter Obi At Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.