Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,178 members, 7,860,234 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:09 AM

They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal (567 Views)

N1b Car Purchase: EFCC Freezes Oyo Assembly Finance Director's Account / EFCC Wants Abdulrasheed Maina’s N1b Assets Seized / "They Just Burnt Our Votes" - Votes On Fire As People Flee In Lagos (video, Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by seunmsg(m): 8:22am On Nov 21, 2023
The attached screenshot is a tweet from a popular Obidient that goes by the name @Jack_ng01. The tweet is a response to the trending scandal of Governor Alex Otti of Abia state spending close to N1billion on food in just 3 months.

While I have no problem with Alex Otti spending whatever he likes on food in Abia state since I care less about happenings in the state, I am, however, very worried with the way folks from the South east always try to demonize leaders from other regions while doing everything possible to protect and justify the corruption of leaders from their region.

In 1966, a group of young soldiers in the middle of the night with this same mentality murdered the prime minister, regional governors and top Military officers from all regions other than those from their own region. That unfortunate coup led to the counter coup, civil war, years of military rule and the ethnic distrust we still suffer in Nigeria till today.

This is 2023 and folks from this same region still haven’t learnt anything from the mistake of the 1966 guys. Absolutely nothing has changed about their mentality. We saw the very dangerous ethnic and religious campaign the Obidient embarked on in the last presidential election in their attempt to grab power despite their candidate not having national support. The damage of that style of campaign on the unity and cohesion of Nigeria is still very feasible.

My message particularly is to young folks from the south west who always flaunt their liberalism like a badge of honor. At the end of the day, this is what all the fighting corruption and we want good governance talk will amount to when leaders from the south east are caught red handed dipping their rotten fingers into the cookie jar. They will protect their own like they did in 1966 and demonize your own. Different era, same strategy. Be wise.

https:///jack_ng01/status/1726607865698566595?s=46

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by money121(m): 8:24am On Nov 21, 2023
Lamba

1 Like

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by incandescentena: 8:28am On Nov 21, 2023
The fvcking gee just dropped the absolute fvcking truth about this particular set of hypocrites

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Jostoman: 8:32am On Nov 21, 2023
We are not like BAT supporters that will see white and called it red, but We will not hate Alex Otti.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by paramakina202: 8:35am On Nov 21, 2023
seunmsg:
The attached screenshot is a tweet from a popular Obidient that goes by the name @Jack_ng01. The tweet is a response to the trending scandal of Governor Alex Otti of Abia state spending close to N1billion on food in just 3 months.

While I have to problem with Alex Otti spending whatever he likes on food in Abia since I care less about happenings in the state, I am however very worried with the way folks from the South east always try to demonize leaders from other regions while doing everything possible to protect and justify the corruption of leaders from their region.

In 1966, a group of young soldiers in the middle of the night with this same mentality murdered the prime minister, regional governors and top Military officers from all regions other than their own. That unfortunate coup led to the counter coup, civil war, years of military rule and the ethnic distrust we still suffer from in Nigeria till today.

This is 2023 and folks from this same region still haven’t learn anything from the mistake of the 1966 guys. Absolutely nothing has changed about their mentality. We saw the very dangerous ethnic and religious campaign the Obidient embarked on in the last presidential election in their attempt to grab power despite their candidate not having national support. The damage of that style of campaign on the unity and cohesion of Nigeria is still very feasible.

My message particularly is to young folks from the south west who always flaunt their liberalism like a badge of honor. At the end of the day, this is what all the fighting corruption talks will amount to when leaders from the south east are caught dipping their rotten fingers into the cookie jar. They will protect their own like they did in 1966 and demonize your own. Different era, same strategy. Be wise.

Obidients kick corrupt PDP politicians out but your government is using the judiciary to bring them back.Nobody was more critical of bad governance in Abia state than Abians themselves during the reign of the trio,OUK,TA Orji and Ikpeazu.
Both except OUK has been permanently retired from politics by the people themselves.
Stop the propaganda against SE to divert attention from the real issues plaguing the nation because of Tinubu's clueless incompetent government.
If Alex Otti toe the line of those before him in corrupt practices be rest assured Abians will not spare him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:37am On Nov 21, 2023
You are talking about 1B food when the Lagos state Govt which you defended is spending 2B on rechargeable fans. As for your 1966 thrash,it does not relate and the soldiers were not even from South East,so what you are saying is nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Femmyfamous4u(m): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2023
It's always the double standard for me.

1 Like

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Odin13: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2023
Yoruba revisionist at it again

3 southwest officers killed
4 northern officer killed
2 igbo officers killed

But trust Yoruba people and their version of Nigeria history

Coup was led by a south south person from delta state

Assisted by a Yoruba man

.. and two other Igbo men.. below ranks ..

Now Yoruba people know how to defend their people ..

this same people that defended tinubu and his drug deals

Tribally supported a criminal to power ..

This same people and their elites supported violence against other tribe .. and deny them their right to vote while bragging and still bragging about this atrocity

A governor from Yoruba .. spend 3. In billions to buy perfumes and deodorant...
Yoruba no give a Fvck .. if na Igbo man.. or talk more of any other tribe outside .. people they see as superiors.. those they fear with their lives .. will rather fight themselves for this people than to raise a word ..

Nigerians are much aware of this people and their acts

Today

Yoruba has kept Nigeria 100 years backward

Their people are crying more

Corruption is the order of the day

From Presidency to senate to governors to ministers all corrupt

Tipping is the new word I’m Abuja

Yet Yoruba media press is quiet .. not even a protest

Who talks about prices of food fuel dollar

Yet Yoruba at this time is steady promoting tribalism

Anyways

Wetin we know

Is good we all suffer with hunger choking everyone without choice

Yoruba people of southwest..

Who know sabi them and their ideology for Africa ..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Jostoman: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2023
Na Alex Otti be those Asiwaju yoruba Zombies supporters problem but the man that use 2 bullions Van pack the money that can feed them for 10years do election no concern them. Useless people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by seunmsg(m): 9:06am On Nov 21, 2023
Jostoman:
We are not like BAT supporters that will see white and called it red, but We will not hate Alex Otti.

Of course you will not hate him because he’s from your region. You just captured the exact point of this thread. My message is not to you but to those from my region who lack understanding about the kind of politics folks like you play. My message to them is simple, they should be like you. Don’t hate your leaders because people from other regions are pushing you to hate them. Learn from Jack, Jostoman and others defending Alex Otti’s N1b food bill, attack leaders from other region and don’t hate yours. Very simple.

7 Likes

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by ElSudani: 9:10am On Nov 21, 2023
seunmsg:

Of course you will not hate him because he’s from your region. You just captured the exact point of this thread. My message is not to you but to those from my region who lack understanding about the kind of politics folks like you play. My message to them is simple, they should be like you. Don’t hate your leaders because people from other regions are pushing you to hate them. Learn from Jack, Jostoman and others defending Alex Otti’s N1b food bill, attack leaders from other region and don’t hate yours. Very simple.

God bless you a million times.

2 Likes

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Obiedun(m): 9:13am On Nov 21, 2023
Labour party of evil and scandal.
Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Odin13: 9:18am On Nov 21, 2023
seunmsg:

This statement of yours has been in Yoruba land and practiced by Yoruba people for decades of hundreds .. before Igbos begin to embrace it

Stop being shrewd because you’re now awake to the reality that other Nigerian tribe has learn “ our own “ over others .. Yoruba kinda of philosophy..

Why yoruba no hate Lagos state governor..

Why them no hate Bola tinubu.. after improvising them and using poverty to paint their faces ..

Why Dem no hate ogun governor .. that has reduced that state to nothing with all its igr.. yet the state looks like shrine ..

Tell us .. has any other tribe push Yoruba to hate this people?

Why the thread if not for fear.. that people are beginning to play the Yoruba tribal politics

Oga no matter how una wan twist this propaganda.. all Nigerians sees with this post is fear ..

Yoruba people are catching fear..

If not for fear and insecurities

This thread no for dey

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by paramakina202: 9:31am On Nov 21, 2023
seunmsg:

Look at this clÖawn grin,haven't you be loving thief Tinubu the most corrupt thieving certificate forger and drugie like forever?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Judgementa1: 9:32am On Nov 21, 2023
Is it not the same otti than ran diamond bank aground these people no know say them don enter one chance with Alex.

1 Like

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Kukutente23: 9:43am On Nov 21, 2023
How is he a popular obidient? Cause I don't know him
Out of all the comments by obidients, it's this one that caught your hypocritical eye
Why don't you show us comments by agbadorians on Sanwoolu spending 3.75bn on fans and perfumes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Kukutente23: 9:49am On Nov 21, 2023
seunmsg:

If not for twisted morals, what kind of human being goes about admonishing people on the kind of thieves to love?
So you're telling me if you catch a thief trying to break into your house, you'll let him go if he's from your region and flay him if he's not?
And you're one of the "patriots" fighting for a better country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Padipadi: 10:18am On Nov 21, 2023
Odin13:

2 igbo officers killed

Assisted by a Yoruba man

This same people and their elites supported violence against other tribe .. and deny them their right to vote while bragging and still bragging about this atrocity

Yoruba no give a Fvck .. if na Igbo man.. or talk more of any other tribe outside .. people they see as superiors.. those they fear with their lives .. will rather fight themselves for this people than to raise a word ..

Today

Anyways

Wetin we know

I came here to look for one APC boy in order to drag his blokkos but you sef come worst o!
Ori e buru ni?
Why you dey talk as if Yorubas stole all women in ya town?
Don't bring issue of January 1966 coup here cos it was a dumb coup. And if we open cankerworms of it, it ll bring bad blood.

This is ya last warning! ⚠️
Abi make I scatter this thread 🧵 ni?
Take time o!
Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Afamed: 10:21am On Nov 21, 2023
What do you want the zombidees to say?

Once you carry Labour party logo , to them you become saint even if you decide to divert a state budget into family business like their Pandora fraud, Gbajue Obi did when he was a Gov

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Padipadi: 10:22am On Nov 21, 2023
paramakina202:

Look at this clÖawn grin,haven't you be loving thief Tinubu the most corrupt thieving certificate forger and drugie like forever?
The issue of Lagos & Abia State are regrettable ones and a set back to our democracy in transparency and accountability.
No one should buy rechargeable lamps of N2bn from govt and likewise no one should use N1bn to eat in 3 months under govt money.
All parties are now confirmed thieves.
APC n do Nigeria, PDP ti dowa ri and LP naa tin dowa bayi.
Obo Nigeria gbopo gan bi urgent N2K girls.
Olosho sarewagba dey collect N2K.
Voters too dey collect N2K.

1 Like

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Pakute: 10:26am On Nov 21, 2023
"they want you to hate Glutton Otti, don't fall for it" -Igbos
Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by ValarDoharis: 10:30am On Nov 21, 2023
If you're not mischievous, why do you pick one random tweet to represent the Obidient movement? You did not see tweet from Aisha Yesufu, Nefertiti, Emir Sadam calling out Otti to explain the outrageous spending but you locked for just one tweet!

Why not put the responses to this tweet?

You're a big disgrace and a coward for trying to justify your corruption and looking for reasons to
seunmsg:

While I have no problem with Alex Otti spending whatever he likes on food in Abia state since I care less about happenings in the state, I am, however, very worried with the way folks from the South east always try to demonize leaders from other regions while doing everything possible to protect and justify the corruption of leaders from their region.

In 1966, a group of young soldiers in the middle of the night with this same mentality murdered the prime minister, regional governors and top Military officers from all regions other than those from their own region. That unfortunate coup led to the counter coup, civil war, years of military rule and the ethnic distrust we still suffer in Nigeria till today.

This is 2023 and folks from this same region still haven’t learnt anything from the mistake of the 1966 guys. Absolutely nothing has changed about their mentality. We saw the very dangerous ethnic and religious campaign the Obidient embarked on in the last presidential election in their attempt to grab power despite their candidate not having national support. The damage of that style of campaign on the unity and cohesion of Nigeria is still very feasible.

My message particularly is to young folks from the south west who always flaunt their liberalism like a badge of honor. At the end of the day, this is what all the fighting corruption and we want good governance talk will amount to when leaders from the south east are caught red handed dipping their rotten fingers into the cookie jar. They will protect their own like they did in 1966 and demonize your own. Different era, same strategy. Be wise.

1 Like

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Racoon(m): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2023
Alex Otti is incredibly stupid and irresponsible for that profligacy. He ought to be scrutinised by the ABHA and possibly impeachment proceedings commenced against him.
Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Racoon(m): 10:55am On Nov 21, 2023
seunmsg:
The attached screenshot is a tweet from a popular Obidient that goes by the name @Jack_ng01. The tweet is a response to the trending scandal of Governor Alex Otti of Abia state spending close to N1billion on food in just 3 months. https:///jack_ng01/status/1726607865698566595?s=46
In so much that it is grossly irresponsible, scandalous and wicked of Alex Otti to engage in this wastage, Seunmsg is the least person to stand and be pointing accusing fingers. This is not be coming after the defiant expenditure of N57.6 billion on luxury SUVs by the equally insensitive National Assembly members despite public outcry, Tinubu’s abhorrent expenditure demonstrates the chronic self-centeredness and disconnect from ordinary Nigerians by public officials.

The NASS had on November 2 approved the N2.18 trillion 2023 Supplementary Appropriation Bill forwarded to it by the President. Shockingly, instead of creative economic stimulus provisions, it contained anomalous items, including a N5 billion yacht and the renovation of the President’s and Vice-President’s residences, which would gulp about N13.5 billion.

This government’s policies have impoverished Nigerians more than those of any other government before it. It is indeed curious that an administration that claimed that the N3 trillion annual subsidy paid on Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) that benefits the people was too much for the economy sent a supplementary budget of almost the same figure to fund only a few.

As of today, many Nigerians have no access to food; the cost of transportation has gone astronomically high; and many cannot fuel their cars. The hike in the exchange rate has led to hyperinflation. In all of these, all the government has done so far is offer to pay the sum of N25,000 to 15 million households for a period of three months and a wage award of N35,000 to federal government workers.

But the Tinubu government appears unperturbed and rather prioritises the acquisition of official cars, presidential yachts in whatever name, and the renovation of luxury residences.
Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by paramakina202: 10:57am On Nov 21, 2023
Padipadi:

The issue of Lagos & Abia State are regrettable ones and a set back to our democracy in transparency and accountability.
No one should buy rechargeable lamps of N2bn from govt and likewise no one should use N1bn to eat in 3 months under govt money.
All parties are now confirmed thieves.
APC n do Nigeria, PDP ti dowa ri and LP naa tin dowa bayi.
Obo Nigeria gbopo gan bi urgent N2K girls.
Olosho sarewagba dey collect N2K.
Voters too dey collect N2K.

Yes if indeed it is true that Alex Otti dey use 1b naira chop food every month i will never support that.That is corruption.But those who supported and voted for the Lagos bullion van treasury certificate forger/looter/druglord are crying the loudest.

1 Like

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by seunmsg(m): 11:06am On Nov 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

If not for twisted morals, what kind of human being goes about admonishing people on the kind of thieves to love?
So you're telling me if you catch a thief trying to break into your house, you'll let him go if he's from your region and flay him if he's not?
And you're one of the "patriots" fighting for a better country

I’m not here to make you happy. Alex Otti can use the entire allocation of Abia state to eat and it’s none of my business. I only opened this thread to expose the hypocrisy of folks from the south east who use insecticide to spray leaders of other regions and use deodorant to spray their own.

3 Likes

Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Kukutente23: 11:50am On Nov 21, 2023
seunmsg:

I’m not here to make you happy. Alex Otti can use the entire allocation of Abia state to eat and it’s none of my business. I only opened this thread to expose the hypocrisy of folks from the south east who use insecticide to spray leaders of other regions and use deodorant to spray their own.

But you're using only one user on SM out of millions. That's selective and worse hypocrisy. There are more obidients on the net criticising Otti than those supporting him but you chose one user whom you borrowed a garb of popularity just to push your narrative
Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by Jostoman: 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2023
Odin13:

This statement of yours has been in Yoruba land and practiced by Yoruba people for decades of hundreds .. before Igbos begin to embrace it

Stop being shrewd because you’re now awake to the reality that other Nigerian tribe has learn “ our own “ over others .. Yoruba kinda of philosophy..

Why yoruba no hate Lagos state governor..

Why them no hate Bola tinubu.. after improvising them and using poverty to paint their faces ..

Why Dem no hate ogun governor .. that has reduced that state to nothing with all its igr.. yet the state looks like shrine ..

Tell us .. has any other tribe push Yoruba to hate this people?

Why the thread if not for fear.. that people are beginning to play the Yoruba tribal politics

Oga no matter how una wan twist this propaganda.. all Nigerians sees with this post is fear ..

Yoruba people are catching fear..

If not for fear and insecurities

This thread no for dey
God bless you for this reply. Nothing for me to add.
Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by commoditiesnig: 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
seunmsg:

Hmm.. deep
Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by YorubaDemonswag: 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2023
Odin13:

2 igbo officers killed

Assisted by a Yoruba man

Today

Anyways

Wetin we know

Tinubu must contest ooo, mustgrin
Re: They Just Want You To Hate Otti - Obidient’s Response To N1b For Food Scandal by stuffs2002: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2023
Odin13:

2 igbo officers killed

Assisted by a Yoruba man

Today

Anyways

Wetin we know

As a Northerner, all I can say is that your attempt to change history is so lame

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Million-dollar US Property Acquired By Nigerian Army General I / Rivers: ‘you’re Holding Family Meetings,’ Pro-wike Speaker Rejects 2024 Budget / DID YOU KNOW? Nigeria Is A Global Powerhouse In Cassava Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.