Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Seydou Doumbia - The New King Of African Soccer! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Seydou Doumbia - The New King Of African Soccer! (1614 Views)

African Soccer Expert Kwesi Koomson Predicts 5 Nations To Qualify For World Cup! / Female African Soccer Star Forced To Strip Naked To Prove She Is Female / Who Are The Top 8 Highest Paid African Soccer Players Of 2011? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seydou Doumbia - The New King Of African Soccer! by marutimon: 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2011
Damn!
I just finished watching CSKA's match against Spartak Krasnodar.  Seydou Doumbia scored three brilliant Cristiano Ronaldo level goals. Has speed, power, the first touch, heading, finishing, intelligence, superb movement,  everything.

He's been league top scorer for three years running (once doing that despite starting only less than a third of the games). Today he just brought his tally to 22 goals for the season for CSKA.

In the last 6 games he has scored 11 goals, including no penalties (8 of those in the last three games). And almost all of them were top-notch.

In my opinion the best African striker at the moment. And I can honestly say he looks good enough to be the best striker in the world and have Messi or Ronaldo type stats.
Re: Seydou Doumbia - The New King Of African Soccer! by dipo1: 9:18pm On Oct 28, 2011
Top club scouts should have noticed if he is as good as you describe
Re: Seydou Doumbia - The New King Of African Soccer! by marutimon: 7:04am On Oct 29, 2011
They have. Clubs from all over the place have started scouting him once he scored 4 goals in 3 games in the Champions League (BTW you are aware the guy is currently leading the goalscoring ranking in the Champions League?).

Funny thing is that he has been playing at this level for at least three years and until now none of those top clubs noticed how good the guy is. He's scored 99 goals in 133 games and 1/4 of those he played as a subistitute.

If you ask me its a bit of football racism. If he were Brasilian, Argentinian or European the whole of Europe would have been talking about how great the guy is and making him to be the next Pele, Maradona, Cryuff or whatever. He's been scoring 0,76 goals per game in Russia, which is the no 7 league in Europe. Meanwhile ie. Luiz Suarez had an inferior goalscoring record in Holland (which is ranked below the Russian league) and he was already hyped up to be a world class striker.
Re: Seydou Doumbia - The New King Of African Soccer! by joseph1013: 8:35am On Mar 03, 2013
Hey Marutimon, I'm keen to know about Seydou's progress. What's the update about him? He seems to have stalled.

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Bada- An Ex-nigerian Olympian Dies At 41 / Nigerian And Bokina Faso. (FINAL CAF). Who Will Win ? / Revealed: How Mikel Barred Azeez From Playing France Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.