Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike (10897 Views)

Benneth Chinedum Igweh Is The New FCT Commissioner Of Police / Constructing More Roads Will Boost Economy Of FCT, Says Wike / Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by GuruboiNaija: 7:04am On Nov 23, 2023
Federal Capital Territory Minister Nyesom Wike, on Wednesday, inspected more road projects that are expected to be completed by May 2024.

The projects inspected include the expansion of the Southern Expressway from Villa Roundabout to OSEX/Ring Road I (RRI) Junction, including four interchanges.

Others are the full-scope development of arterial road N20 from the Northern Parkway to the Outer Northern Expressway (ONEX), with spurs being undertaken by Gilmore and the access road to Body of Benchers in the Institution and Research District.

The minister explained that the inspection was part of efforts to ensure that the road projects meet expected standards. He expressed satisfaction with the progress of the ongoing road projects and assured that arrangements have been made for funding to ensure that they are completed within schedule.

Wike said President Bola Ahmed Tinubu had directed him to ensure that the projects are well funded, adding that funds from the FCT’s 2023 supplementary budget would also be channelled to these projects to ensure their completion.

The FCT Minister, who disclosed that a lot of road projects in the FCT would be completed and commissioned by May next year, said: “The contractors have assured us that these roads will be completed on time and we believe, by the special grace of God, they are part of those projects earmarked for the celebration of one year in office of Mr President.”

Speaking further, the minister said: “We have made arrangements for funding. Mr President has said several times that he does not want excuses. He has given me that directive.

“They have approved the supplementary budget and we believe any moment from now we will see further funding, which would be channelled to most of these projects. So, you won’t hear complaints about no funding like they have said last time.”

On the quality of the road projects, Wike said: “The contractors have done very well, very quality jobs. I commend them and I appeal to them not to lower the standard. They have also assured us that they are going to complete them.”

Wike further stated that economic activities will improve in the FCT on completion of the road projects and noted that they would also help to renew the hope of the people and improve their confidence in the government.

“This is what the people want. It is not theories and theories. It is practical. Let them see action. They have lost hope but with the President’s Renewed Hope Agenda, hope is coming back to the people. They now have confidence in governance,” he said.

Addressing the gathering of residents who came to show their support and appreciation, the minister informed them that President Tinubu is determined to bring back the lost hope in the FCT by completing the road projects.

He said, “I assure you that by May 2024, within the next six to seven months, these roads will be completed.”

The minister also reiterated the resolve of the FCT Administration not to embark on any project without the availability of funds.

https://.ng/2023/11/23/new-fct-roads-will-be-ready-by-may-2024-wike/

5 Likes

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by JASONjnr(m): 7:09am On Nov 23, 2023
Just have good welfare for FCTA workers and manage the infrastructure along with it.

No worker wants to stay hungry to admire how beautiful Abuja is while you walk around receiving all the accolades.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by OneCandleAway(f): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2023
JASONjnr:
Just have good welfare for FCTA workers and manage the infrastructure along with it.

No worker wants to stay hungry to admire how beautiful Abuja is while you walk around receiving all the accolades.

Also transportation network especially affordable ones. The rate of one chance activities is too much. They need good parks and bus stops in abuja.

And he should reduce C of O fee cuz me I nor get 5m when the land no be maitama land.

23 Likes

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by YorubaDemonswag: 7:15am On Nov 23, 2023
Wike nah man you be

8 Likes

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by loneW: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2023
kiss
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by BTC15815i: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2023

5 Likes

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by ately1(m): 7:36am On Nov 23, 2023
Hope this post. Go sweet some people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:37am On Nov 23, 2023
Kudos to you Lord Wike ,the slayer of the lion of Ubiama

6 Likes

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by 1TrippleCee: 7:37am On Nov 23, 2023
Emperor Wike
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by robinfemi: 7:38am On Nov 23, 2023
Man with ball cheesy cheesy cheesy
All construction companys in Abuja are naw Crious

6 Likes

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:38am On Nov 23, 2023
aside wike, minister bosun and the minister for interior , the remaining ministers are useless.
i ask again what is adelabu? and what has been his in impact since his appointment?
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by LadyRosa2(f): 7:41am On Nov 23, 2023
Lol.

Na that C of O dey shock me but I thank God I escaped, Abuja land no be neans if you'renot buying from estate. I just pray they do that Road leading up to karshi orozo, because I have so many lands there I have been buying since 2015.

Omo!! I thank God.

3 Likes

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by Nahunger(m): 7:42am On Nov 23, 2023
From where to where is the road leading too
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by Vanenihsp: 7:42am On Nov 23, 2023
Vanenih spa and salon is situated in a Serene location in Lokoja,Kogi state.We are the best for massage sessions,deep tissue massage, pedicure, manicure and lots more..Our services are affordable and we assure you of leaving our conducive premises beaming with smile 😁

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by Godfullsam(m): 7:43am On Nov 23, 2023
They should come and expand mararaba - keffi road.

The lady administration did the expansion and stopped at Nyanya boundary between Abuja and Nasarawa state.

80% of people living in karu local govt are working in Abuja. That is why there is always hold up in that axis.

I hope Wike and the minister for works will think in that direction.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by Thisis2raw(m): 7:44am On Nov 23, 2023
Over to the children of hate.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by Blaze14k: 7:46am On Nov 23, 2023
Tinubu really made sure he reward those who helped him rig the eletion. When I see wike from pdp working with apc I start laughing. Soon pdp will be hijacked by apc if atiku dare travel to dubai
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by Thisis2raw(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2023
Blaze14k:
Tinubu really made sure he reward those who helped him rig the eletion
is that why you're pained? Cry cry baby

1 Like

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by id4sho(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2023
Governor don talk tongue
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by Blaze14k: 7:50am On Nov 23, 2023
Thisis2raw:
is that why you're pained? Cry cry baby

What is my pain there lol.. u guys can do all the abracadabra u want me I'm facing my hustle real hard. Na persin weh neva chop go dey worry about wike as fct minister.
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:52am On Nov 23, 2023
Blaze14k:
Tinubu really made sure he reward those who helped him rig the eletion. When I see wike from pdp working with apc I start laughing. Soon pdp will be hijacked by apc if atiku dare travel to dubai
I need your tears for my farm... grin

5 Likes

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by Kingozymandias(m): 7:58am On Nov 23, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:

You talk too much. Get a job and stop oinking 🤣🤣🤣
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:58am On Nov 23, 2023
Ok
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:59am On Nov 23, 2023
Ok, noted
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by Blaze14k: 7:59am On Nov 23, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:

What is it with these guys and tears for Christ sake as in hunger no dey catch u abi u be firewood. You came out with ur full chest to defend someone dat don't know if u exist. No be oyinbo be our problem oo😂😂😂🏃🏃🏃

1 Like

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by ATEAMS: 8:00am On Nov 23, 2023
Makes sense

1 Like

Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by israelmao(m): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2023
Wike will surely deliver on this but he only carries so much air around him.
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by money121(m): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2023
Ok
Re: ‘New FCT Roads Will Be Ready By May 2024’ – Wike by NwokoloOwa: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Also transportation network especially affordable ones. The rate of one chance activities is too much. They need good parks and bus stops in abuja.

And he should reduce C of O fee cuz me I nor get 5m when the land no be maitama land.

Order of priority Transport, Security, Additional Road infrastructure, Revised issues of Masterplan. This hyped C of O nonsense should be the least in the list.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mad Man Granted Interview On Channels TV? / Ambode Inaugurates Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission / NASS’s Many Probe Reports Gathering Dust In Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.