Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses (26232 Views)

Video Before The Explosion At Abule Ado, Lagos Yesterday / Aftermath Of Abule Ado Explosion Lagos (Live Pictures) / Pipeline Explosion At Abule Ado Amuwo Odofin, Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by XAUBulls: 4:28am On Nov 27, 2023
adamusuleiman1:

A fool and his money are soon parted.

You will be amazed at how highly ignorant people are.
True that.
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by klawaaa: 4:28am On Nov 27, 2023
You mean the Monica up there is ignorant and dumb lol. He assumes to know it all lol
adamusuleiman1:

A fool and his money are soon parted.

You will be amazed at how highly ignorant people are.

1 Like

Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by XAUBulls: 4:29am On Nov 27, 2023
opamoses1:

They should be hiring lawyers and getting court orders instead of offering 50 million naira bribes. A lawyer would only charge 1/5th of that amount, but guess what, they know they have no case.
Indeed.

These illegal house owners at Abule Ado are themselves very notorious for cutting corners (based on the further bribes they offered)... And the disregard of the Federal order to stop building on the swampland is a criminal offence.
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by Geovanni412(m): 4:31am On Nov 27, 2023
franchasofficia:
Igbos are already learning the hard way.

I am a living witness, I have paused every land purchase and building projects in Lagos and Ogun states that I foolishly started before 2023 elections. All my friends living outside Nigeria doing same have all paused.

The news is spreading faster than Yorubas think. For now, Lagos state government and their APC Yoruba Ronu supporters are winning, but with time, they will feel the negative impact of their thoughtless actions of today influenced by Tinubu's type of sectional politics.

Lagos real estate sector is being foolishly destroyed and real estate value will gradually take a downward trend in Lagos because of all these harsh policies without considerations knowing how polarized along tribal line Nigeria have become since Buhari/APC took over.

Time will reveal.

Time will tell

I do not pity the landowners at all for two reasons

They refused to learn from what happened during the civil war with abandoned property in Portharcourt and some other areas

Secondly, Igbos are fond of violating extant laws on building and town planning. An engineer will complete a project for them and they will go ahead and extend the building by 10 feet into sanitary lanes.

My pops who is in construction for over 30 years told me that if the right thing is to be done in terms of regulations regarding buildings in Aba is done, that over 50% of the houses will be demolished.

They will learn a lesson- next time, they will build closer to home and consult proper lawyers before they start work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by Gerald454: 4:41am On Nov 27, 2023
[quote author=JOemmy post=127180541]It's only over confidence that will make an igbo man to build #300m mansion in an

I'm igbo man. What is going on as nothing to do with igbo. Lagos is messed up it need to be cleaned. So do u mean that government in igboland will watch u build on water ways?

1 Like

Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by tsdarkside(m): 4:44am On Nov 27, 2023
nedu666:
The owners of these properties will never build any house again for fear of a repeat. Those who haven't built will be extremely cautious. That's why I advise lgbos build big at home, little outside. Learn from aboki. Aboki no dey build mansion outside north

shebi una were boastin una own lagos....
lagos is no mans land....blabla....

oya na,go claim lagos....
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by tsdarkside(m): 4:47am On Nov 27, 2023
tahh....
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by skj1377(m): 5:12am On Nov 27, 2023
franchasofficia:

I am a living witness, I have paused every land purchase and building projects in Lagos and Ogun states that I foolishly started before 2023 elections. All my friends living outside Nigeria doing same have all paused.

The news is spreading faster than Yorubas think. For now, Lagos state government and their APC Yoruba Ronu supporters are winning, but with time, they will feel the negative impact of their thoughtless actions of today influenced by Tinubu's type of sectional politics.

Lagos real estate sector is being foolishly destroyed and real estate value will gradually take a downward trend in Lagos because of all these harsh policies without considerations knowing how polarized along tribal line Nigeria have become since Buhari/APC took over.

Time will reveal.

Time will tell

Stop building in Southwest please . Go and build in the east. We yorubas will rather build estates with proper planning just like jakande did years ago. We need well laid out estates with schools , shopping malls and market places inclusive . The demolition should be extended to other parts of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by spinna: 5:12am On Nov 27, 2023
JOemmy:
It's only over confidence that will make an igbo man to build #300m mansion in an enemy territory.
that and okro based capital..
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by skj1377(m): 5:15am On Nov 27, 2023
I want to believe the first set of Ibo migrants to Lagos rented houses and shops they met in Lagos or did they sleep on the floor beside the road??. At the end of the day what did we get from them nothing other than insults . You came along with your brother's from the east as well as your wives from the east and started spreading allover southwest.
Everything comes to an end some day so go to the east and stay there please. Let Yoruba people develop at their pace your help is not needed.

1 Like

Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by gbaskiboy: 5:16am On Nov 27, 2023
okoro:
IPOB terrorists are in pain
atleast empathize with those who lost their property. What goes round comes around.
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by warlordd(m): 5:27am On Nov 27, 2023
[quote author=franchasofficia post=127182130]Igbos are already learning the hard way.

The news is spreading faster than Yorubas think. For now, Lagos state government and their APC Yoruba Ronu supporters are winning, but with time, they will feel the negative impact of their though
Nwokem, forget that tribal comment. I'm an Igbo and I will tell u that this nothing to with tribalism because more than 400 houses were destroyed in Onitsha and Ekwulobia combined, because of on-going developments in these towns in Anambra state. Last month, many houses were also destroyed in Umuahia in Abia state due to on-going developments.

2 Likes

Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by sokera: 5:42am On Nov 27, 2023
franchasofficia:

Time will reveal.

Time will tell
unfortunately we have been warning you guys before now, Trend with caution, you were all happy and rejoicing when your albino in prison now instructed Igbo living in Lagos to burn down Tinubu and Sanwo Olu properties, and they did all in the name of endsars… it’s very wrong you don’t do that to your host. Ppl that host you and allowed you to excel in their territories then you turn against them because of political reasons… sincerely my advise to igbos is they just think and start moving back to SE as soon as possible because what is coming is more than this oooo, this is just 1 percent of what they will face ooooo… Yorubas are going to replace igbos with the Chinese… a lot of those big Igbo market will be occupied by Chinese companies in few years time… at least Chinese will never tell us our land is no man’s land …
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by Lumarstone: 5:46am On Nov 27, 2023
This is a calculated attempt to incapacitate those people that voted for LP against the ruling party in Lagos Nigeria. It is called transfer of aggression; I pity the Labour party supporters, they're the greatest losers. They owned greater number of those demolished buildings. Most of them can't even understand the hand writings on the wall. Some of the owners of the properties demolished that worth over three hundred millions of naira do not even have a moud home in their villages! So be wise if you understand the point here!!!
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by Ilaje1: 5:47am On Nov 27, 2023
smileyoo:
so sad, from the write-up i can see the names of the victims of these demolitions are mainly igbos.
pls my people it's time to seriously think home, and if you must build any mansion out side your domain, make sure you obtain all the necessary documents before any construction work begins.
you can see that no strings to pull to save your building from demolition.
the nouveau riche from the other regions of Nigeria hardly come to south east to build mansions, the best they do is to rent or set up a little structure, for shelter, while in the east, their mansions are always in their home town, for precautionary measures.
Igbos wise up ; ejiyi akpata atufio, wele na aza ogaranya .
may the good Lord comfort the victims in the name of Jesus Christ.

Because this set of people are trying to give ethnic coloration. Go check Ketu to Alapere where house were demolished for road expansion and these people disnt violate any law. You hardly see other ethnicity trying to give it ethnic coloration unlike you guys. Reason I believe you are the most tribalistic in Africa - when things don't go your way, it is the fault of other ethnicities. You look for tribal reason for every challenges instead of being rational. You accuse others of tribalism yet you the only region that voted 95% for Obi.

And is Soludo not demolishing houses in Anambra? Why are you fixated on Lagos alone?

2 Likes

Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by Abudu2000(m): 5:57am On Nov 27, 2023
abdeefggh:

You survived because they want you to survive, they broke you and you surrendered, there is nothing special about that. You should be thanking Awolowo that wire you all 20 euros when he didn't owe you a dine.

Moreover all the properties were returned in SW, we didn't need them for anything!
Lastly you don't know the meaning of domination, selling goods in market is not dominating, its more like a slave work, those that are dominating you are rulling over you right now and taxing you.
those people eh i ve never seen any one more paranoid and delusional. I know the demolition is only power play but they were warned. Even during the election some of my WhatsApp friends bragging on their status i told them that this day would come but they kept on bragging claiming to be the most powerful race on the planet. Like i said they live in their own delusions.

1 Like

Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by Afamed: 6:09am On Nov 27, 2023
Godfullsam:
God have mercy

I pray the affected owners get justice.

You built on FG reserved area, Which kind of justice are you expecting to get?
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by Donaldoni: 6:19am On Nov 27, 2023
franchasofficia:
Whatever made Yorubas so scared that they had to go on rampage during and after 2023 general election is what Igbos dominate, so ask yourself why are we fighting so hard to stop Igbos? What are we fighting Igbos for? Those things Yorubas have in mind against Igbos are the things Igbos dominate, so start brainstorming now, your time starts now shocked

Continue deluding yourself cheesy

Stay away from our local politics and you will be fine.

Igbo are NO match anytime anyday cool

1 Like

Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by Afamed: 6:26am On Nov 27, 2023
JOemmy:
It's only over confidence that will make an igbo man to build #300m mansion in a land he is deeply hated.

You hate them but love their land.

What is the colour of your hypocrite?

3 Likes

Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by johnjose68: 6:36am On Nov 27, 2023
Racoon:
Chai! Investments of years of hard labour brought down because of stark disregard to rules and regulations. Although other factors may be responsible, but it is understandable that willfull disobedience caused a lot of them their property.

Dey play ▶️.

Double speak 🗣️🙊
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by johnjose68: 6:42am On Nov 27, 2023
franchasofficia:

Time will reveal.

Time will tell

The painment is unquantifiable

There are about 250 languages in Nigeria. Na only one particular language dey para angry

They must be Jewish
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by johnjose68: 6:45am On Nov 27, 2023
franchasofficia:
I repeat, Yorubas are mostly cowards, you guys keep exposing your cowardice and jittery over Igbo dominance everyday.

It is not practically possible for Igbos to take over Lagos but Yoruba people's cowardice refused to make them realize this.

Why can't Yorubas go and take over Onitsha?

What you guys are indirectly telling the whole world is that Igbos are too powerful and must be watched closely like the world watched British people closely to avoid being colonized or conquered by the Britons.

Kano people feared Igbo wanted to take over Kano lol

Ahmadu Bello feared Igbos wanted to take over Northern Nigeria lol

Ijaw people were scared Igbos wanted to take over Portharcourt hahahahaha

All these point to the fact that Igbos are a formidable race.

Imagine if Igbos had their own country, maybe they would have invaded, conquered and forcefully colonized many African countries like Britain did, omo, so proud to be an Igbo son, Chukwu otito ndalu cool

Please, 🙏 just go and take over USA grin

USA prison, I mean grin

Stop para.ing

I.gbo kwenu.
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by AareGaa: 6:48am On Nov 27, 2023
franchasofficia:
I repeat, Yorubas are mostly cowards, you guys keep exposing your cowardice and jittery over Igbo dominance everyday.

It is not practically possible for Igbos to take over Lagos but Yoruba people's cowardice refused to make them realize this.

Why can't Yorubas go and take over Onitsha?

What you guys are indirectly telling the whole world is that Igbos are too powerful and must be watched closely like the world watched British people closely to avoid being colonized or conquered by the Britons.

Kano people feared Igbo wanted to take over Kano lol

Ahmadu Bello feared Igbos wanted to take over Northern Nigeria lol

Ijaw people were scared Igbos wanted to take over Portharcourt hahahahaha

All these point to the fact that Igbos are a formidable race.

Imagine if Igbos had their own country, maybe they would have invaded, conquered and forcefully colonized many African countries like Britain did, omo, so proud to be an Igbo son, Chukwu otito ndalu cool

Those tribes are just warning ibos to stay in their backward region and make it liveable.

Ibos are a nuisance everywhere.

We don't want ibos in South West. Nobody lives in ibo land except the ibos because it is a cursed land.

One day, we shall send you back empty handed back to your cursed land.
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by Sergioaguero: 6:51am On Nov 27, 2023
nedu666:
The owners of these properties will never build any house again for fear of a repeat. Those who haven't built will be extremely cautious. That's why I advise lgbos build big at home, little outside. Learn from aboki. Aboki no dey build mansion outside north

That is just the fact. I have learn something from this. Build small thing here or where your business are and build your mansion in the east or place of origin. Make sure you have most of your assets liquid. Plan how to move trade to the east gradually while people travel to come and buy market there as people come from the north and other west African cum African countries to buy market. You have all your customers directories or contacts, you can be sending your goods to their sites pay before delivery. Now Gsk has left Nigeria, their drugs are still selling at higher price.
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by AareGaa: 6:54am On Nov 27, 2023
franchasofficia:
No harder way than the civil war lol

Igbos survived one of the world's rated most brutal civil war. Did you know that Igbos forfeited all they owned and acquired all over Nigeria, except few that was returned to few Igbos by their close none Igbo friends in Southwest, Southsouth and North? And they still rose to dominance giving Yoruba and Northerners sleepless nights again lol

Imagine this happened in the 1960s when more than 98% of Igbos lived within Nigeria, and around 90% lived within Igbo land, now compare what would happen now that over 40% of Igbos live outside Igbo land and over 18% outside Nigeria? You can do the maths.

I can tell you boldly that no other Nigerian tribe can engage in civil war with the rest of Nigeria and ever survive it. Yoruba land have never witnessed civil war, but visit Yoruba states outside Lagos and compare them with Southeast states that fought a brutal 2 year plus civil war where Nigeria was backed by most powerful nations of the world, then you can know who can teach each other lesson.

Igbos have learned enough lesson, it is Yorubas that should be praying daily not to ever be taught a lesson cos Yoruba cannot survive any lesson at all.

Nothing brutal about civil war.
Gowon was gentle on biaflans.

Only hunger was simply used to torture your brainless and cowardly ancestors.
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by franchasofficia: 6:54am On Nov 27, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

You listen to too much Simon Ekpa and Nnamdi Kanu bollocks. Please Provide links to the bolded else you pulled those out of your arse.
Learn more about Igbos and how Americans, white people, British and rest of the world saw Igbos and why the civil war broke out via this USA government official report on this link https://2001-2009.state.gov/r/pa/ho/frus/nixon/e5/55258.htm

Learn about the Biafra airport wonders and how an Igbo engineer rallied other Igbo engineers to construct this wonder airport as soon as war broke out, check this link https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/from-uli-to-nanka-airlift/

As for the motion to divide Nigeria raised by an Igbo lawmaker from Rivers state, watch it live on the YouTube link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XokGXysP_Cs
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by AareGaa: 6:58am On Nov 27, 2023
franchasofficia:
Whatever made Yorubas so scared that they had to go on rampage during and after 2023 general election is what Igbos dominate, so ask yourself why are we fighting so hard to stop Igbos? What are we fighting Igbos for? Those things Yorubas have in mind against Igbos are the things Igbos dominate, so start brainstorming now, your time starts now shocked

Stop fooling yourselves.

We shall send you back to your villages empty handed

Ibos only add crimes to South west economy. We don't want you in our land.
Only ibos inhabit lbo land.
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by franchasofficia: 6:58am On Nov 27, 2023
AareGaa:

Nothing brutal about civil war.
Gowon was gentle on biaflans.

Only hunger was simply used to torture your brainless and cowardly ancestors.
Military wise, Biafra had superior military that successfully repelled Nigerian cowardly military that was scared of facing Biafran soldiers, seeing the defeat staring on their faces, Awolowo suggested the food blockade policy to Gowon who accepted and implemented it through the help of British government and that did brought the war to an end as hunger caused a lot of Biafran children and old peoples death that made some Biafra advisers and elites to convince Ojukwu to leave Biafra and allow his Vice Philip Effiong to surrender Biafra to Nigeria to save more Igbos from dying of hunger, yes that's correct
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by franchasofficia: 7:00am On Nov 27, 2023
AareGaa:

Stop fooling yourselves.

We shall send you back to your villages empty handed

Ibos only add crimes to South west economy. We don't want you in our land.
Only ibos inhabit lbo land.
Read what US government official report said about Igbos and the rest of Nigerians especially Northerners and Yorubas on this link https://2001-2009.state.gov/r/pa/ho/frus/nixon/e5/55258.htm then you will understand why your Yoruba fathers taught you to hate Igbos without reason.

Americans, British people know all these. Go and read the document and learn cool
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by id4sho(m): 7:04am On Nov 27, 2023
opamoses1:
I remember when obasanjo did demolition of houses built on his property around the Ojodi area in 2001..
Omo oniles started selling his lands thinking that he would die in Abacha's gulag.

Nawaooo, the land must be very big
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by smileyoo: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2023
Ilaje1:

Because this set of people are trying to give ethnic coloration. Go check Ketu to Alapere where house were demolished for road expansion and these people disnt violate any law. You hardly see other ethnicity trying to give it ethnic coloration unlike you guys. Reason I believe you are the most tribalistic in Africa - when things don't go your way, it is the fault of other ethnicities. You look for tribal reason for every challenges instead of being rational. You accuse others of tribalism yet you the only region that voted 95% for Obi.

And is Soludo not demolishing houses in Anambra? How you are fixated on Lagos alone?
igbos are not tribalists, infact igbos are actually the most nationalistic tribe in Nigeria and that from the obtainable facts not based on propaganda.
1. Igbos voted for shehu shagari- a man from the northern region.
2. Igbos voted twice for Olusegun Obasanjo - a man from the south west region.
3. Igbos voted for Shehu Musa ya-adua - a man from the northern region.
4. Igbos voted for Goodluck Jonathan - a man from the south -south region.
5. Only igbos always feel comfortable to build a mansion in any part of Nigeria, without any fear unlike people from other regions that are always afraid of their own shadows.
Igbos voted for peter Obi because he is more competent than the other presidential candidates , not because he is an Igbo man.
Igbos don't vote based on tribe or emotions, you don't expect igbos to vote for APC whose previous performances have been so woeful, that Nigeria has degenerated from one of the fastest growing economy in the world, to that of the official poverty capital of the world, and you expect us to re-inforce failure and a non- performing government, that had placed Nigerians on the present precarious situations.
Igbos are republicans and are not foolishly loyal to just any wealthy man with embarrassing questionable character , because of his wealth.
it's you the tribalists with the slogan of emilokan that had decided to bring back a non- performing APC government, to continue their glaring mis-rule because of tribalism, and now you can see the resultant effects on Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses by AareGaa: 7:07am On Nov 27, 2023
franchasofficia:
Read what US government official report said about Igbos and the rest of Nigerians especially Northerners and Yorubas on this link https://2001-2009.state.gov/r/pa/ho/frus/nixon/e5/55258.htm then you will understand why your Yoruba fathers taught you to hate Igbos without reason.

Americans, British people know all these. Go and read the document and learn cool

I don't have time to read anything.

I have warned you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Danjuma Goje Declares Support For President Muhamad Buhari 2nd Term Bid / Lepers To President Buhari: You Abandoned Us After Helping You Win Elections / Adamu Garba: APC Wants To Impose Consensus Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.