Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury (12353 Views)

Guinea Coup Leaders Announce Nationwide Curfew / Whale Appears At The Shores Of A Beach In Sierra Leone (Video) / Drama In Sierra Leone As Corpse Walks To The House Of Ritualist That Killed Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by LAXconfidential(m): 11:24pm On Nov 26, 2023
Generalmystic:
Terrible. I agree, democracy has failed Africa
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by diggindeep: 11:42pm On Nov 26, 2023
what goes around might likely come around
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by Cmanforall: 12:34am On Nov 27, 2023
Blissful89:
please guys, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num:

FaithS.H

First Bank

You are everywhere in every post barely 1 week after registration. How do you do it?
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by viodemus: 1:02am On Nov 27, 2023
Earlystar698:
Let them continue, the era of that bullshit is gone in Nigeria, either we get it right in the ballot or not we won't try that shit called military take over. We are democracy forever

yeah, coup is gone, because the next stage is secession. Who wants to always be ruled by hateful tribalist, all the time. I wonder what would have been of Nigeria if the northerners had the resources in their region.

There is nothing like democracy in Nigeria. It is deceitful ruling in Nigeria.
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by baralatie(m): 1:24am On Nov 27, 2023
H
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by Ykc2(m): 3:33am On Nov 27, 2023
Sierra Leone is a failed country like nigeria congo
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by CJStarz: 3:39am On Nov 27, 2023
Matinox:
Who do you think will rejoice more if a coup happens in Nigeria tomorrow?

A continuous stupendous lack of democratic dividend for the masses is the major reason why coups have been welcomed as a norm in Africa.

Nigeria is heading that route already
This is not a prophecy

Who tell u dat, my brother. Army wey dem don bribe finish. Leave am o
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by miky(m): 4:21am On Nov 27, 2023
Military boys to come steal wetin remain go.
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by sulaak(m): 5:11am On Nov 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

No,the fact is, because too many of us benefit from political largesse, when our side loses elections, we believe we were cheated .

That's why we think democratic rule has failed.

Army rule was tried in Sierra Leone. It is one of many reasons why that county is in a mess till date

Have you heard of Siaka Stevens? He was the democratically elected president of S Leone and highly corrupt. Democracy cannot be used as a development process that will hold the political elites to account, the ignorant and uneducated electorates.

The West weren't democratic when they started industrial development; most Western countries were autocratic until the first and Second World Wars. The USA utilised an autocratic process to develop their nation. Only White land owners could vote.

Siaka Probyn Stevens (24 August 1905 – 29 May 1988) was the leader of Sierra Leone from 1967 to 1985, serving as Prime Minister from 1967 to 1971 and as President from 1971 to 1985. Stevens' leadership was often characterized by patrimonial rule and self-indulgence, consolidating power by means of corruption and exploitation.

Stevens retired from office at the end of his term on 28 November 1985. After pressuring all other potential successors to step aside, he chose Major-General Joseph Saidu Momoh, the commander of the Sierra Leone Armed Forces, as his successor. He died on 29 May 1988, in Freetown.

Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by nairalanda1(m): 5:20am On Nov 27, 2023
sulaak:

Have you heard of Siaka Stevens? He was the democratically elected president of S Leone and highly corrupt. Democracy cannot be used as a development process that will hold the political elites to account, the ignorant and uneducated electorates.

The West weren't democratic when they started industrial development; most Western countries were autocratic until the first and Second World Wars. The USA utilised an autocratic process to develop their nation. Only White land owners could vote.

I AM not denying that civilians were corrupt, they were. I am pointing out that army rule in Africa always ends up being as corrupt as the civilians

Also, if you want autocratic rule, it eventually does not work. It ends badly.

At the end, Nigerians have to change themselves. Nannies are overrated
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by Pat081: 5:26am On Nov 27, 2023
So all these African countries look alike this place looks like one village here in kogi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by LOVEGINO(m): 6:05am On Nov 27, 2023
Generalmystic:
Terrible. I agree, democracy has failed Africa
...and the lazy youths are doing nothing about it.
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by chidi2003(m): 6:33am On Nov 27, 2023
God1000:
Democracy has failed in Africa, soldiers are just taking advantage of the situation.
You are right, but our civilian rulers created the space for coups. Our civilian rulers run a fraudulent democracy; there by disenfranchising the masses. Do you know that our votes are just mere illusions. Elections are now a harvest period for Electoral empire's staff and others in Africa; right?
There's huge gap between the gangsterism we practice here - called Democracy - and the true democracy in the Western hemisphere!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by Henry22(m): 6:59am On Nov 27, 2023
Nigeria when are we gonna kick out that old bulldog sitting in asorock?
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by WorldRichest: 7:49am On Nov 27, 2023
Matinox:
Who do you think will rejoice more if a coup happens in Nigeria tomorrow?

A continuous stupendous lack of democratic dividend for the masses is the major reason why coups have been welcomed as a norm in Africa.

Nigeria is heading that route already
This is not a prophecy

You will be blinded by your fake prophecy before that time. Your region has suffered most as a result of coups
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by RosyIsBlessed: 7:49am On Nov 27, 2023
immortalcrown:
Democracy has failed Africa.

Big time.
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by WorldRichest: 7:49am On Nov 27, 2023
Earlystar698:
Let them continue, the era of that bullshit is gone in Nigeria, either we get it right in the ballot or not we won't try that shit called military take over. We are democracy forever

You want to become Orphan like Aguyi Ironsi children abi?
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by Matinox: 7:55am On Nov 27, 2023
WorldRichest:

You will be blinded by your fake prophecy before that time. Your region has suffered most as a result of coups

Where is my region?
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by HenryTimes: 8:37am On Nov 27, 2023
grin Okokomaiko is far better than that place

Padipadi:
How many country remain for west Africa wey never chop coup?
This military craze is annoying!

See country capital like Okokomaiko!
Poverty oooo!
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by Etinemideri: 10:00am On Nov 27, 2023
Good move. Democracy have failed in Africa.
Re: Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury by Babaibeji2020(m): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2023
Earlystar698:
Army will come....mark today's date!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Irish Prime Minister Varadkar Resigns Over 'Personal, Political Reasons' / As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow / Canadian Woman Arrested For Smuggling Cocaine With Fake Baby Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.