Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune (18078 Views)

Ondo Assembly Declares Ayedatiwa As Acting Governor / Akeredolu And His Deputy, Lucky Ayedatiwa Get Certificate Of Return (Photo) / Akeredolu Picks Ayedatiwa As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by omenka1: 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
Useless politics, how will 9ja be better when we can't even follow the constitution. If the governor is incapacitated, the deputy should be sworn in in replacement but the power that be says NO...make laws n break them, no qualms, na 9ja we dey

3 Likes

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Segzy19: 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
If this is true, then the deputy governor is digging a pit for himself ..... He will now be dealt with by the powers that be
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by azpekuliar: 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
jmoore:
If you value political position more than your health/life, you are a FOOL.

Very big fool ooo. He and his close circle have learnt nothing from the Yar Adua saga
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by obaidan: 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
funshint:
All we've been hearing are rumours. No one knows what actual resolutions were made at the meeting. Akeredolu seems to be incapacitated; this is thesame with what happened in Taraba that time. Some cabals have hijacked the power in that state. The Deputy should be sworn in immediately!
There was an official press release by the presidency that the status quo be maintained. No what is the status quo.

It will be recalled that the President has directed, according to a press release by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Chief Ajuri Ngelale⁣ advised all opposing parties to sheath their sword and embrace peace.
Ngelale said “This means that Governor Akeredolu remains Chief Executive of the State, Aiyedatiwa remains Deputy Governor, and members of the State Executive Council continue their respective duties, even as the leadership of the State’s House of Assembly and the APC Chapter in Ondo State is preserved.⁣”

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Demrich(m): 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
blamingthedevil:
Beer parlour journalism

So , he wants the President the get rid of him politically ?
is this really tribune or tribunal?

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Judolisco(m): 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
skj1377:
At this rate even if he becomes deputy gov he will not win the APC primaries . He will not even come second sef. His position will be from 3rd
dey play oh.... Make power enter him hand first

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Kobicove(m): 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2023
This is a battle Ayedatiwa cannot win undecided
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by garfield1: 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
obaidan:
if you think these guys are fighting for the interest of the state and the masses, you are on a very long thing
-A sick Akeredolu wants to remain governor at all cost
-Maybe Ayedatiwa wants to become acting governor at all cost so he can position himself for APC ticket
- all man for himself, nobody for the masses

When was aketi ever disloyal to tinubu
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by obaidan: 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2023
garfield1:

When was aketi ever disloyal to tinubu
I am sure I didn't say that

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by obaidan: 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
Kobicove:
This is a battle Ayedatiwa cannot win undecided
Ayedatiwa knows well. He isn't fighting this battle after the President's intervention. Akeredolu's camp is just trying to soil him and Make him unappealing to the President's camp. Make him unworthy of any possible compensation from the presidency, as a result of disrespect to the wishes of the presidency

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Babangidapikin: 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2023
Why is the Governor refusing to resume in Ondo ...what is chasing him away from home ... Even if he might not have the physical strength to be jumping around, he definitely have the mental strength ... He should just resume and give his deputy perpetual assignments outside the state ....If he can't stand him ...Let him be globe throttling looking for investors... before you say Jack Robinson tenure has finished...
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Yelight(m): 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2023
Let the Governor come out and be doing his job if he's capable health wise and if he's truly incapacitated let the deputy be declared acting till he's fit to resume.

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Yelight(m): 6:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
obaidan:

Ayedatiwa knows well. He isn't fighting this battle after the President's intervention. Akeredolu's camp is just trying to soil him and Make him unappealing to the President's camp. Make him unworthy of any possible compensation from the presidency, as a result of disrespect to the wishes of the presidency

Very possible especially in APC setting

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by ojgallant: 6:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
Shut your mouth up,you only know little about Ondo politic,
It's his right to be decleard as the governor,what are those legislator hidden,why is it difficult for them to follow constitution

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by jrusky(m): 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2023
But what does this man want? Did he think if he e enthalpy become the governor his own deputy won't do the worst

I hate men like this. I hate every opportunist with passion. And if he fails to calm down he will be gone same way former deputy gone.
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by gudugudumeje: 6:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
If this were to be true, then Ayedatiwa has a hidden agenda.... No wonder Akeredolu cannot trust him. These Ondo state young men and politicians sa.....!!!
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by skj1377(m): 6:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
Story did saraki not defeat an incumbent gov??did adeleke not win a sitting gov in Osun state.
Judolisco:
dey play oh.... Make power enter him hand first
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Charly68: 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2023
I just pity Aketi in this situation.. campaigned for election and won but never enjoyed good health to lead as planned. This life is a shadow. The deputy that is fighting to become the acting Governor must be very careful as that seat may be cursed already. Aketi should confess what he did to God so he can be healed totally.
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by aylipple: 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2023
I would love to swallow this report hook, line & sinker but I see the hand of Esau all over this Tribune report.

They're painting Aiyedatiwa as a disloyal, over-ambitious, power hungry & desperate deputy who will do anything - including flouting the terms of a gentleman's agreement reached at the instance of PBAT - to occupy Alagbaka House at the expense of his purportedly incapacitated boss; the idea is to pitch him against the President.

Notwithstanding, they're all politicians & I've no pity for anyone of them least of all Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu, who is now finding it difficult to take his own advice that he freely gave to then President Yar'Adua when he was incapacitated as a result of ill -health.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Ilaje1: 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
obaidan:
if you think these guys are fighting for the interest of the state and the masses, you are on a very long thing
-A sick Akeredolu wants to remain governor at all cost
-Maybe Ayedatiwa wants to become acting governor at all cost so he can position himself for APC ticket
- all man for himself, nobody for the masses

Whether he wants to position himself for election or not is irrelevant. It's his constitutional right to be declared acting Gov. If anything self, Aketi ought to have resigned. Aketi has been out of Ondo State for months. You can't make your wife and ither to be ruling when there's a Deputy. If Tinubu actually supported Aketi, then I'm disappointed in him. No wonder Naija is not moving forward.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Missy89(f): 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
Time for Akeredolu to step down. enough is enough

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Judolisco(m): 7:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
skj1377:
Story did saraki not defeat an incumbent gov??did adeleke not win a sitting gov in Osun state.
u said he won't win d primaries

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by uchwar1: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
jrusky:
But what does this man want? Did he think if he e enthalpy become the governor his own deputy won't do the worst

I hate men like this. I hate every opportunist with passion. And if he fails to calm down he will be gone same way former deputy gone.
it is not about him. It is about what the constitution says. Can Nigerians do the right thing for once

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by olisaEze(m): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2023
I wonder why the Dep-Gov is so adamant that his principal will not recover. The impatience to wield full executive powers is beginning to border in sinister. Whatever the case may be, someone should tell him that the fly that refuses to take caution will be buried alive with the corpse! cool
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by jrusky(m): 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2023
uchwar1:
it is not about him. It is about what the constitution says. Can Nigerians do the right thing for once

But if that is what the constitution say so the deputy is the right person to be for himself to be install as governor? I seems don't understand what you mean.

A man is running too fast ahead of his destiny due to greed and betraying spirit you are here talking constitution.

People will always push somebody to his earlier grave with your over-sabi charater.
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by seunayantokun(m): 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
Lucky - he wants to be lucky like Goodluck Jonathan.
Ayedatiwa - the world now belongs to us. Which kain traitor name be that?
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by uchwar1: 8:08pm On Nov 27, 2023
jrusky:

But if that is what the constitution say so the deputy is the right person to be for himself to be install as governor? I seems don't understand what you mean.

A man is running too fast ahead of his destiny due to greed and betraying spirit you are here talking constitution.

People will always push somebody to his earlier grave with your over-sabi charater.
it is over 3 months the governor has been incapacitated to govern his state. The constitution should be applied. It is not really about greed, it is about upholding the constitution

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by jrusky(m): 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
uchwar1:
it is over 3 months the governor has been incapacitated to govern his state. The constitution should be applied. It is not really about greed, it is about upholding the constitution

And it is the deputy who should take the fight upon himself against his principal isn't?
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by uchwar1: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
jrusky:

And it is the deputy who should take the fight upon himself against his principal isn't?
I think the HOA members are not willing to do their job. Though the deputy is over ambitious
Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Max24: 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
I doubt the authenticity of this news. It is clearly a one sided piece by brown envelope journalist. Even with the dep governors silence I can see through the fakery of this news. It's a media onslaught against the dep gov and my sympathy is with him. I didn't know Tribune does all these kinds of fake journalism also.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by Fortune109: 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ah!

Small time now people will not allow anyone having luck in his name to be their deputy or vice again...

😂

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Ayedatiwa Remains Adamant, Rallies Forces Against Akeredolu - Tribune by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:31pm On Nov 27, 2023
olaboy33:
Ayedatiwa is simply digging his own political grave.

Not long before checkmate for him.
digging which grave... If not that the state assembly guys are very foolish why not declare ayedatiwa acting gorvenor... Isn't that what happened with GEJ then... The president resolution isn't the best it's a mockery of democracy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suicide Bomber Strikes In Borno, Kills 2, Injures 4 / SERAP Gives FG 7 Days To Release Details Of Payment Of ₦729Bn To 24.3m Nigerians / Edo Refinery Orders 200,000 Barrels Of Crude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.