Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,152 members, 7,825,598 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 (11982 Views)

Miss Nigeria 2011 Is Feyijimi Sodipo / Pictures Of Miss Earth Nigeria 2011 - Munachi Uzoma / Mr Nigeria 2011: Meet The 18 Contestants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by mundus2: 11:41pm On Oct 29, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/560657_Mr_Nigeria_jpg33ede838d2c8798acbe37d1074ddb735    

The third edition of Silverbird‘s Mr Nigeria pageant went down on Saturday, October 29, 2011 with last year’s winner Kenneth Okoli passing the crown to Deji Bakare, making him ‘the most desirable man in Nigeria’.

The event which created a lot of buzz over the last two weeks held at the Silverbird Galleria attracting a huge turnout as the floor and staircases of the venue were well occupied by guests and many ‘onlookers’. It was a night of manly show-offs; muscles, six-packs abs and cute faces, so as expected the crowd was dominated more by women than men.

Anybody who was expecting the pageant to be as glamorous as the female version – Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria would have been totally disappointed. The organization and effort put into the Mr Nigeria pageant was nothing compared to the MBGN.

The venue was an absolute no-no as they were only about 50 seats available, 60 per cent of guests had no choice but to stand and cheer, hence the staircases of the galleria being occupied.

The anchor of the night, Munachi (a former MBGN queen herself) was far from a good host; the model-rapper lacked charisma and poise as she often fumbled her lines.

According to the contents in the event’s brochure, the pageant was meant to field four judges – Joseph Benjamin, Nadaya Letova, Kelechi Amadi-Obi and Ms Ladi Ene-Garba. But neither actor/show host Benjamin nor photographer Amadi-Obi showed up. A makeshift judge Baxter Slaton was added to round off the panel to three judges.

Performances were nothing out of the usual as JJC, Eva and Chidinma set the guest in the right mood with musical interludes.

After the Swim and Evening wear appearances and ‘Question and Answer’ session, the judges narrowed down the contestants to just five – Deji Bakare, Joseph Agossa, Bandele Adebule, who by the way received the highest cheers from the crowd at any point, Melvin Oduah and Chucks Obichukwu.

Fourth runner up went to Joseph Agossa, third runner up to Bandele Adebule, Second runner up to Chucks Obichukwu. The second position was given to Melvin Oduah, leaving Deji Bakare to be pronounced as Mr Nigeria.

Other awards like Mr Photogenic, Mr Sports, Mr Amenity, Strongest Man, Mr Smart, Mr Talented, Mr Physique, and Mr Personality went to Henry Ojini, Chidi Onuike, Alex Uriesi, Oluwagbemiga Adetuberu, Ikorishor Ajabi, Deji Bakare, Ugochukwu  Uzowuihe and Ayomikun Odunwole respectively.

‘Wow, I’m grateful. I really am’, Bakare said when he was pronounced winner.

The show was then called to an end but it wasn’t over, as one of the contestants who obviously not happy with the results showed his disapproval as he ranted noisily in the make-shift dressing room. But after the other contestants calmed his nerves down, all was back to normal.

The new Mr Nigeria Deji Bakare, is a rapper-singer who had worked for years, unsuccessfully, to build a music career both as a solo artiste and as member of a group. Popularly called Dej-1, he parted ways with the group Reprezent to go solo many years ago. He had also, at different times, worked in hospitality, managing his father’s hotel business in Lagos.

By winning the competition, Deji Bakare gets the grand prize of N1M (One million Naira) and a brand new car. In addition, he will also win a trip to Sao Tome and Principe including 5 nights at the Pestana Hotels, an Ipad 2 and Blackberry Bold 9900. He will also go on to compete in the Mister World 2011 pageant.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/entertainment/celebrities/118273-deji-bakare-is-mr-nigeria-2011.html

http://martinuwakwe..com/2011/10/and-winner-for-this-years-mr-nigeria.html
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by tpia5: 11:43pm On Oct 29, 2011
waiting.

btw did they take pictures with shirts on?
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by mundus2: 12:02am On Oct 30, 2011
sexy, body building
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by BootyOnMe: 12:07am On Oct 30, 2011
Never knew men could carry veins meant to carry blood around the 'peh-nises' on their arms.
Nna bros, I would hate to see your 'Map of Florida'!!!

So, this is the best they could come up with? undecided
The dude looks sick and unkempt.

Congrats sha. grin
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by tpia5: 12:10am On Oct 30, 2011
mundus2:

sexy, body building

was it a body building competition?

just asking.
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by mundus2: 12:16am On Oct 30, 2011
What else, they are not feminine so beauty is out off the way
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by Ybutterfly: 12:17am On Oct 30, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^H0t @nd SeXy YOrub@ man^^^^^^^^^JuSt the waY I like It^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by tpia5: 12:18am On Oct 30, 2011
mundus2:

What else, they are not feminine so beauty is out off the way

ok.
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by ak47mann(m): 11:47am On Oct 31, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Never knew men could carry veins meant to carry blood around the 'peh-nises' on their arms.

Congrats sha. grin
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by Koolking(m): 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
is he pastor tunde bakare's son, just asking pls
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by JAZES(m): 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
Koolking:

is he pastor tunde bakare's son, just asking pls

Yes,the last Son of his last wife. wink wink wink
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by Beync(f): 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
BootyOnMe:

[b]The dude looks sick and unkempt.[/b]Congrats sha. grin
U jus took it from me
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
fa g g ots showtime. mcheee
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
See last year's winner sad WTF?

[img]http://2.bp..com/_vPZWm32fEgg/TT8VqtpmAUI/AAAAAAAABq0/_teG8kDB5sI/s1600/mr_nigeria.jpg[/img]

BEST MR NIGERIA HAS TO BE IKENNA. After that one, the contest went to the dogs.

Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by Agybabe(f): 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
So sick. Was he looking unto God for the crown with the way he pose? Anyway he must do a thanksgiving to God that i wasn't the judge. Congratunobia sha. But know say them just dash you sha o.
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by mariesexy(f): 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
guy y are u like dis
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by airmark(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

BEST MR NIGERIA HAS TO BE IKENNA. After that one, the contest went to the dogs.

That's so harsh from u. Your husband must be more handsome than Ikenna or equal, to say such. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by freshcvv(m): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
oh God, this is mr Nigeria? shocked, even goodluck is better grin
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by brownieevelyn: 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by WAVixen: 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2011
Naija men fall their own hand.
BootyOnMe:

Congrats sha. grin

LWKMD
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2011
this dude is my old friend, God help me find his number. make we chop the money

but how come he looks stressed here, he used to be cute
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by dominique(f): 9:40pm On Oct 31, 2011
the guy is just there undecided i'm sure there're better pics of the dude somewhere. these ones are just not cutting it tongue
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
I like that it wasn't the "most handsome" of them that one.
Folks need to understand that Mr/MRs ANYTHING is not just about physical beauty. Unfortunately everyone thinks it is who flexes the most that should win such things, not who "has it together" the most.
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by talk2smat(m): 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
demonstration of craze
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by minto(m): 4:14am On Nov 01, 2011
Tagging this guy the most desirable man in Nigeria is an insult to my country Nigeria and it's populace. While I'm waiting for someone to tell us it's a joke, I hope my dudes won't get to read this.
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by Meldrick(m): 5:06am On Nov 01, 2011
I knew †ђё dude while we were much younger. Leaved in same area at Ojo and attended same school. He was quite skinny but he was tall. å humble and easy going guy. Was amazed to see skinny Deji of those days become Mr Nigeria. Congrats Deji
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by Nymphnode(m): 5:17am On Nov 01, 2011
How many people sponsor the competition sef? 1 phone, one ipad, one towel, one shoe, one toothpaste
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by Fancier(f): 9:52am On Nov 01, 2011
My God!!! what is cute about this guy Am sure the judges are very ugly as well.

All of you that claim to know Deji, please tell him to get some clothes on.
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by Guardian(m): 11:49am On Nov 01, 2011
CRAP. Guys' face and skin all look rough.

Nonesense. I get the Feeling The Bruce just enjoy making crazy money out of this. Course All the Winners they sponsor tot world competition are far from beauty or macho in anyway. I they know it.

The female part is the worse. Compare the ugly ducks they send to Miss world to the beauties from Brazil, America abi na Barbados or Jamaica, , SAD
Re: Deji Bakare Is Mr Nigeria 2011 by niceone3(m): 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
Guardian:

CRAP. Guys' face and skin all look rough.

Nonesense. I get the Feeling The Bruce just enjoy making crazy money out of this. Course All the Winners they sponsor tot world competition are far from beauty or macho in anyway. I they know it.

The female part is the worse. Compare the ugly ducks they send to Miss world to the beauties from Brazil, America abi na Barbados or Jamaica, ,              SAD

why do people love painting any thing Nigeria  black. did the previous winners of the Mr Nigeria pageant did badly in the world stage? for your info Ikenna Brian okwara the Ist niaja rep made it to the semis in the world stage in 2007 while Kenneth okoli, the second niaja rep was the second runners up in 2010. so what da fuss about. Atleast at this stage, with their experience they know the demands of the competition in the world stage. the competition is not all about how cute, how macho, how prominent your packs are but also includes how intelligent, how smart, how well you carry yourself, how composed, how strong you can be in a physical exercise etc. all these are the essential ingredient of a  real mr.

though Bakare may not be as eye catching as his two predecessors, but let just give him a chance. nobody knows what may happen in the world stage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Miss Earth, Miss World And Miss Universe? / Hot New Female Sneakers Now Available!!! / Must Wedding Gowns Be Sleeve-less?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.