Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million (24590 Views)

Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London / Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car / Lady Receives The Shock Of Her Life 3 Years After She Divorced Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Flattire(f): 5:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
tundebasic:
A man that is jobless for that matter. The man will just be checking the balance anytime she asks him to go and withdraw cash. In his mind, he'll feel like, "my wife has money o, chai!"
I meant how on earth could the husband pull that stunt on her when the money was not withdrawn once.
All I can say is that the woman is too careless because she must have noticed that trait in her husband long ago. So,she should have done something drastic like constant changing of Pin or even destroying the card permanently.
This is her life savings for goodness sake.

1 Like

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by tundebasic(m): 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2023
frog12:
the lesson here be say: keep anything of value away from untrusted people.
the woman did not know the husband has bad character
i suspect she knew but decided to ignore it.

She may not know. I've read stories and heard some men say what they can do to their wives.

Let's assume the story is true, when a man says "he will never want his wife to progress above him," to what extent do you think the man can go?

If it will not shock you, some men boastfully tell their friends the quoted texts.

1 Like

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2023
2023NaijaVoter:
What mumu woman would produce four pikens for a lazy non bread winning grown boy? Can't call him a man.
And why would he allow the broke bum of a husband to have access to her assets?
Story sounds fake.🤔
Fake story because Nigerians are known as the smartest people around? 🙄
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by oweniwe(m): 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

So the man's evil behaviour is the wife's fault, but if reverse was the case this thread would have been on its 12th page filled with insults of women generally, continue to excuse the wickedness of a grown asś man as usual, the rest of you are no different.

We're not making any excuse for the man.

We're just saying she should have known the kind of person she is married to (according to ahnie, he's not been responsible) and applied caution appropriately.

Anyways Sha, e don happen, let her move on.

But we're not defending or making excuse for the man. He deserves to rot in jail if the narrative is true
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by oweniwe(m): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2023
Flattire:

I meant how on earth could the husband pull that stunt on her when the money was not withdrawn once.
All I can say is that the woman is too careless because she must have noticed that trait in her husband long ago. So,she should have done something drastic like constant changing of Pin or even destroying the card permanently.
This is her life savings for goodness sake.

Fountainofyouth see what I'm saying
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Mimicle101: 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2023
soccerlite:

Money runs all things in nigeria

The oyinbos avoided this mistake

explains why only the one who has cash is respected and honoured in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2023
Mimicle101:
■ explains why only the one who has cash is respected and honoured in Nigeria
Well, duh! undecided
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Ejaisky: 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2023
With this amount in her account and she was staying in her husband's family house with her husband and children. What is she then working for? To save alone? Money is meant to be spent especially on necessities. Shelter is one of the major basic needs of man.
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by DJInfluence: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
ahnie:
The Lady I usually buys bean n plantain from recently left her marriage.

She's a mum of 4 kids and married to an asaba man.apparently she was the bread winner in her home footing all the bills

Her husband went behind her back and wildrew all the money she had in her account without her knowing.

She got to know when she went to
The bank to make wildrawals only to be her account has bn emptied.

As in this year and age? Was she not getting alert both emails and SMS?
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Tyktoker: 5:22pm On Nov 30, 2023
Asaba, Benin and withdrawal be like 5and6
ahnie:
The Lady I usually buys bean n plantain from recently left her marriage.

She's a mum of 4 kids and married to an asaba man.apparently she was the bread winner in her home footing all the bills

Her husband went behind her back and wildrew all the money she had in her account without her knowing.

She got to know when she went to
The bank to make wildrawals only to be her account has bn emptied.

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Matrix137(m): 5:22pm On Nov 30, 2023
oliverwrites:
This other gender is sick and needs urgent treatment. How many men establish women and they ruin the business and nothing happened?

How many times women transfer from men's account ontop of na our money? That gender sha

When I get to heaven I will ask GOD many questions one of them is why marriage.
Good evening sir, please can you help me out with any amount to buy foodstuffs please I'm starving 🥺
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by KingGeedorah(m): 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2023
Nah, l am good
Will be waiting for your to give us more meat on the bone

Just would like to know how the husband was able to spend 4M without the wife noticing, her husband change of lifestyle

ahnie:

I could drop location make you go find out yourself o.
That's if you're in my city.

1 Like

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by ukaface(f): 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
And someone said Women go into marriage for poverty alleviation
Now in this scenerio who be the poverty ?

Rubbysh

3 Likes

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Roski1(m): 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2023
I can't be emotional now and start hauling abuses and insults on the man, even though I know that majority of men are useless. I will have my opinion on this when I hear the man side of the story. There must be a reason for every action. Don't be fóolish to take side ,not untill you hear from the both side and then

shocked
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by ufotunang: 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2023
Your husband illegal withdraw your money...did you receive bank alerts in your phone that your money is been withdrawn...debited.... nawaoooo 🙄
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by andyanders: 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
Op, this story doesn't sound right to me. Fiction.

2 Likes

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Exceed15: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
He said he had spent It on little girls and frivolities... Nw I know u dey add pepper and Maggi. I don't believe all I read. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by CHRISTFUCKER: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
GloriousGbola:

It is called friendly / family fraud but the story has kleg.

The woman did not put a limit on max withdrawal
She did not have internet banking or sms banking

From the story the husband must have been using a checkbook so it should be easy to pick the checkbook and ask what is happening? Why so few slips?

Everyone today has a mobile phone and uses WhatsApp and tiktok. What does it then take to have you bank app on your phone and log in everyday?

Why would she even need her husband to go to the bank? I only use cash for okada and maybe sometimes fruits.. Everyone I pay with transfer or debit card.

As I write this I realise some people must have been paying her with transfer which she verifies via sms.

And I also don't know how the banking officer will not raise an alarm.

Anyway if the story is true and not garnished everyone should pick the following

1) max withdrawal limit on your account
2) internet banking is a must
3) sms alert is a must.
4) trust NO ONE with your acct details (see / Google family fraud)

Not everyone's an online freak

Not everyone has a bank app

2 Likes

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Dancebreaker: 5:39pm On Nov 30, 2023
ahnie:
The wife almost collapse and burst into hot tears,both families were called for a meeting with the lady opening saying she's done with the marriage as it seems to have taken a toil on her being the bread winner.
As I write she has abandoned their kids with the man and went away with taking anything from their home to another town to start a fresh life.

Reasons for this post is....her husband is still bragging that what belongs to his wife also belongs to him,that he has rights to spend the money

My question is....who's to be blamed?
Should we blame the woman for being too lax with her ATM CARD N PIN which her husband is privy to?

OR

The man that blew the wife's money on frivolities
If the story is true or even half of it is true, the hubby is a stupid goat.
You have 4 kids, you can't even feed your family if not for your wife. Then you blow your wife's savings on little girls. No thought about his kids education.
But wait o. Where do these hardworking women get these useless men from? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The blame is the yeye man's 100%

1 Like

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by RonuThings(m): 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
😎

Broke Ladies everywhere 🤔
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Greenfaces: 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
ahnie:
He has squandered it...and not a dime is with him nne.
she must have known the kind of person he is. That type of Character doesn't start overnight. They always give red flags that would have made her sensible enough to secure her finances. She was careless leaving fried fish with a dog.

Now l hope she has also heard of men who rape their daughters just incase she Also left her daughter in his care
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by GloriousGbola: 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
CHRISTFUCKER:

Not everyone's an online freak

Not everyone has a bank app

That's fine. Why even bother using a bank. You can just keep your money under your bed and count it every night. A much simpler way of managing money. tongue
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by DukeNija(m): 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2023
obinna58:
grin
I Dey sure say you know nothing about the real story, na wetin dem tell you you tell us

Anyway it’s good sha

Man 1-0 woman

Such asinine, childish comment. There should be an age verification and IQ assessment before signup on nairaland to avoid stupid comments like this.

1 Like

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Azazyel: 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2023
She should have arrested the man sef. That's stealing. I hate Stoopid men. Dem plenty for Nigeria delta area. They don't want to work but want to chop money.

1 Like

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by CHRISTFUCKER: 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
GloriousGbola:

That's fine. Why even bother using a bank. You can just keep your money under your bed and count it every night. A much simpler way of managing money. tongue

I keep my money in a safe with a shot gun by my bed
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by obinna58(m): 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
DukeNija:

Such asinine, childish comment. There should be an age verification and IQ assessment before signup on nairaland to avoid stupid comments like this.
What’s the problem now?
Is like you wan chop ban
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by BrazilianOG(m): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I can't be emotional now and start hauling abuses and insults on the man, even though I know that majority of men are useless. I will have my opinion on this when I hear the man side of the story. There must be a reason for every action. Don't be fóolish to take side ,not untill you hear from the both side and then you judge objectively.

Though I no be simp like my fellow comrades but you spoke wisely
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by GoodRocks: 6:05pm On Nov 30, 2023
Beremx:
it's her choice to leave the kids with their father, good luck to her. If na me, I don pack my children waka. No time

How exactly are they your children?
Are you the one that produced the sperm that gave birth to those kids? Or didn't he pay your bride price? I no understand, how are they your kids?

1 Like

Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
CHRISTFUCKER:
■ Not everyone's an online freak. Not everyone has a bank app
Thank you! See as many dey talk as if everyone out there get smartphone and smart apps running their lives and banking. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Banking don dey before your apps and gadgets. undecided
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by achorladey: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hmmm, the many ways of humans
Re: She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million by CHRISTFUCKER: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Thank you! See as many dey talk as if everyone out there get smartphone and smart apps running their lives and banking. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed

I have a degoogled smart phone with foss apps

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo Man Uses Juju To Search For N2K His Wife Stole From His Pocket.(Screenshots) / Rolling Dollar’s Children May Drop-out Of School Soon / My Parents And Other Relatives Are Making Me Go Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.