Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,644 members, 7,851,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:29 PM

Corruption Now Part & Parcel Of The Nigerian Nation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Now Part & Parcel Of The Nigerian Nation? (630 Views)

Buhari Bring Back Our Corruption Now Trending-pics / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka / Our Olympic Performance, A Reflection Of The Nigerian Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption Now Part & Parcel Of The Nigerian Nation? by comprende: 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2011
I marvel at how our politicians and public officials lie to the Nigerian populace. They make statements on National TV, watched by millions, then a day or two later, turn around to say that they NEVER said such.

It is not as if we do not know that our politicians and public officials are so corrupt that it stinks to the high heavens. But one will wonder why nobody seems interested in protesting or making a firm stand against corruption.

A major debate is if a revolution against corrupt officials can happen in Nigeria, the like of what is happening in the Arab world. I personally stand to say NO, I do not see it happening in the near future. Why do I believe such, you might ask. I have thought long and hard about it. I have looked at various angles and possibilities. And this is my prognosis. All Nigerians, including you reading this article and I writing it, subconsciously do not want the status quo to change. Why? Simply because we all have high hopes that one day, we will be in a position where we will have the opportunity to embezzle, steal and have our own share of the national cake.

If you do not agree with me, I ask, why do we fight relatives or friends well placed in government who have decided to do things the right way? We tell them, ol’ boy better chop your own before dem commot you. Or, na your papa get Nigeria? We expect them to build houses and buy flashy cars. If they don’t we tell them to their faces that they are fools, if they do, we gossip behind their backs that they are thieves. Don’t tell me you haven’t tried to give a CV to a relative, friend or associate who is well placed in a government or private organization to get you or somebody you are trying to assist in through the back door. You might say that’s what it takes to get a job in Nigeria today. But the truth is you have contributed in the corruption process. Don’t tell me you won’t sign an approval for that contractor to get that juicy contract after he has visited you with a Ghana must go bag. After all, your salary alone cannot meet your basic and essential needs and the contract will still be executed for the good of the people.

So, I stand to say that corruption will continue to thrive in Nigeria. Maybe when the oil money vanishes and stark poverty hits the country really hard, then we might all realize that we may never ever get to share the national cake with those who are chopping it now. Then we might rise up to ensure that corruption is gotten rid of and society is free and fair to all.
Re: Corruption Now Part & Parcel Of The Nigerian Nation? by Horus(m): 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2011
The Government is the innocent mirror of the nation. The quality of government and its leaders, is simply a reflection of the collective consciousness of all the people in Nigeria. In some instances, leaders who came to power as the champions of anti-corruption have themselves been charged with being involved with levels of corruption even more serious than those of their predecessors. If the collective consciousness in Nigeria is disintegrated and negative, and people are not behaving in accord with Natural Laws, then problems and corruption will be an unavoidable phenomenon of governments. If, on the other hand, the collective consciousness in Nigeria is positive, integrated, and coherent, then governments will not be influenced by any negativity. If the people in Nigeria wish to be protected from corruption in governments, then they must create an integrated collective consciousness. Positivity and harmony should be so strong and dense in national consciousness that negative influences cannot penetrate it.
Re: Corruption Now Part & Parcel Of The Nigerian Nation? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2011
yes , it is corruption thievery and get rich by any means are hard wired into nigerians

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-791256.0.html
Re: Corruption Now Part & Parcel Of The Nigerian Nation? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2011
corruption stares us in the face every single day in this god forsaken country called nigeria.
Re: Corruption Now Part & Parcel Of The Nigerian Nation? by jamace(m): 6:22am On Oct 31, 2011
Corruption stinks everywhere you go in Naija. sad sad

(1) (Reply)

"us Warship Lands In Nigeria" / Gej And Co Should Stop Their "we Plan To" Attitude & Achieve Goals B4 Talking / Hacking Cell Phone Records 665891

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.