Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters (8882 Views)

Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. / How Timipre Sylva Scuttled Bayelsa Governorship Primaries — Oshiomhole / Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 10:39pm On Oct 30, 2011
Bayelsa State Governorship Election: Pdp Screens Out Gov. Timipre Sylva

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/bayelsa-state-governorship-election-pdp-screens-out-gov-timipre-sylva
Posted: October 30, 2011 - 21:27

By SaharaReporters, New York

The high stakes game to remove the current governor of Bayelsa state, Timipre Sylva,  from the line up of People's Democratic Party (PDP) candidates for the upcoming governorship election in the state appears to have taken hold.  A few minutes ago the  Gubernatorial Screening Appeal Committee of the PDP in  Bayelsa State released the names of three candidates approved as gubernatorial aspirants for the upcoming governorship elections in the state. The name of Timipre Sylva was excluded by the committee.

However, the committee cleared Youpele Kalango, Christopher Enai and Henry Seriake Dickson as eligible candidates.

A statement jointly signed by the former deputy governor of Ekiti state,  Mrs Abiodun Olujimi and  Alhaji Abba Anas Adamu stated that  only the three candidates are eligible to contest the governorship elections in the state, leaving out Timipre Sylvia who was reportedly removed for operating foreign accounts and Silverbird TV owner , Ben Bruce, who the panel claimed had dual citizenship.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by djustice: 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2011
They could do this when it involved the President's state, but when it came to Lagos, they passed known drug dealers like Demola Seriki, and known thieves like Ade Dosunmu and Tokunbo Kamson to contest the ticket

These people are just dumbfucks, I swear.

Can they allow a non-Bayelsan to be the minister representing Bayelsa State on the FEC? They'd better remove Aganga before boys stone him in this Lagos. Tinubu, his godfather, will not be able to protect him o!! He will have his hands full at that time.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by doctokwus: 11:21pm On Oct 30, 2011
I wait for d news to b authenticated,but if it turns out true,there is no coming back for Silva because PDP is d only platform wt which he can come in for a second term,d structures are alredy there & wt d power of incumbency,he can muscle out anybody wt state funds at his disposal.If verified,it will b a befitting political end to one of d most unfit humans(after Theodore Orji of Abia state) to ever become governor of a state since 1999
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by Beaf: 12:02am On Oct 31, 2011
djustice:

They could do this when it involved the President's state, but when it came to Lagos, they passed known drug dealers like Demola Seriki, and known thieves like Ade Dosunmu and Tokunbo Kamson to contest the ticket

Can they allow a non-Bayelsan to be the minister representing Bayelsa State on the FEC? They'd better remove Aganga before boys stone him in this Lagos. Tinubu, his godfather, will not be able to protect him o!! He will have his hands full at that time.

If Aganga is the issue in Lagos, I think you guys need to make very strong presentations to Abuja, thats if they haven't got it after the recent fiasco. Lagos needs someone who is agile and streetwise.

@topic
Sylva is now free to join ACN, both sides have been singing love songs to one another.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:33am On Oct 31, 2011
this is a welcome development coming from yenegoa. i heard he once threatened to kill goodlucks family if he is excluded. now the drums of war is getting louder and louder. i need to sit back and have ma popcorn and watch how this plays out. cause this is getting interesting. grin
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:34am On Oct 31, 2011
shocked
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by djustice: 12:43am On Oct 31, 2011
Beaf:

If Aganga is the issue in Lagos, I think you guys need to make very strong presentations to Abuja, thats if they haven't got it after the recent fiasco. Lagos needs someone who is agile and streetwise.

@topic
Sylva is now free to join ACN, both sides have been singing love songs to one another.

Aganga is a problem. He's not a Lagosian, and he's been hobnobbing with the enemy - Bola Tinubu and Oba Akiolu before and after his confirmation. His not being from Lagos has created serious loyalty problems for PDP in Lagos State, How can PDP claim to be trying to help Lagos when they can just blatantly disobey constitutional provisions requiring each minister to be an indigene of the state he represents on the FEC: S147(3), and then appoint an Aganga who not only was not born in Lagos, did not grow up in Lagos and did not even school or work in Lagos for ONE DAY??

It is fraud, and indigenous Lagosians hate the President for it. Trust me, these things run deep amongst Yorubas. We may be quiet, but we NEVER forget.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 12:45am On Oct 31, 2011
And you believe that? That he actually said those things to somebody that would expose him. Nigerians can give a dog a bad name, just so they could "deal" with it.

What I heard was that he said "the election will be in Bayelsa and not Abuja" or something like that. Obviously, setting himself up for confrontation with GEJ. I guess they just showed him who is in power in Bayelsa as well.

Nevertheless, this is getting interesting.

RICHIE BOI:

this is a welcome development coming from yenegoa. i heard he once threatened to kill goodlucks family if he is excluded. now the drums of war is getting louder and louder. i need to sit back and have ma popcorn and watch how this plays out. cause this is getting interesting. grin
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 1:20am On Oct 31, 2011
So Aganga is now a problem for PDP & Tinubu must be blamed. Wonders shall never end. Isn't this the same guy over which GEJ was promoting a silly 6-month time to achieve residence and become eligible for occupying the slot of a state under the Federal Character law?

BTW, how is PDP trying to help Lagos?

PDP can keep its help to itself - I think Nigeria and the majority of states it controls can do with less of "PDP's" help.

djustice:

Aganga is a problem. He's not a Lagosian, and he's been hobnobbing with the enemy - Bola Tinubu and Oba Akiolu before and after his confirmation. His not being from Lagos has created serious loyalty problems for PDP in Lagos State, How can PDP claim to be trying to help Lagos when they can just blatantly disobey constitutional provisions requiring each minister to be an indigene of the state he represents on the FEC: S147(3), and then appoint an Aganga who not only was not born in Lagos, did not grow up in Lagos and did not even school or work in Lagos for ONE DAY??

It is fraud, and indigenous Lagosians hate the President for it. Trust me, these things run deep amongst Yorubas. We may be quiet, but we NEVER forget.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by dayokanu(m): 2:22am On Oct 31, 2011
djustice:

That shows how the PDP views the SW.

Look at all these PDP contestatnts and compare them to their ACN counterparts

Omisore, Oyinlola vs Professor Adeyeye

Alao Akala vs Ajimobi

Obanikoro/Dosunmu vs Fashola

Fayose/Segun Oni vs Fayemi

Olurin vs Amosun

PDP is permanently dead in the SW because they hate us ad we in the SW hate them too
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by Kilode1: 3:38am On Oct 31, 2011
Omisore, Oyinlola vs Professor Adeyeye

It should be an Abomination to put Adeyeye's name in the same line with those two pigs.

DK, May we be forgiven. embarassed
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by arsenefc: 3:52am On Oct 31, 2011
^^^

How is Omisore a pig?
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by Beaf: 4:11am On Oct 31, 2011
We have read with horror a report that the Bayelsa State Governor, Chief Timipre Sylva, has been screened out by Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2012 Bayelsa State Gubernatorial Election. The report claims the Gubernatorial Screening Appeal Committee of the PDP headed by former Ekiti State Deputy Governor, Mrs. Abiodun Olujimi, considered Sylva ineligible
to fly the party’s flag “for operating foreign accounts”.

Whatever the quality of the sources, this report is completely false. It is low quality fiction. It is a cheap lie sponsored by those who are afraid to meet Governor Sylva in the political field of contest, and their paid and unpaid agents, working collectively or severally.

But then, we are not surprised as it follows a familiar pattern of a structured campaign of serial untruths about Governor Sylva, a fact we alerted the world about last weekend.

For the avoidance of doubt, there is no basis whatsoever for the PDP to exclude Governor Sylva from the 2012 Bayelsa governorship race. He is the man to beat. Ownership and operation of a foreign account by a serving public officer is a criminal offence. No competent court of law has
indicted Governor Sylva for operating a foreign account. He has no such charge pending anywhere in the world. God fobid!

The PDP Gubernatorial Screening Committee for Bayelsa last Friday issued Governor Sylva a clearance certificate to participate in the party primaries slated for 19 November. That clearance certificate remains valid. It is true that the governor was at the National Headquarters of
the PDP Sunday afternoon at the instance of the Gubernatorial Screening Appeal Committee. But as Sylva himself confidently told reporters after meeting with the committee, “the deliberations were fruitful.

In the face of continuous lies against Governor Sylva, we appeal to our numerous supporters to continue to remain clam, peaceful and law-abiding. Governor Sylva remains confident that the will of the Bayelsa people, guided by God, shall prevail.

God bless Bayelsa!

DOIFIE OLA
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
Bayelsa State
31 October 2011
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 4:31am On Oct 31, 2011
You should recuse yourself from commenting on Nigeria's politics if you don't know how Omisore is a pig.

arsenefc:

^^^
How is Omisore a pig?
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by arsenefc: 4:50am On Oct 31, 2011
koruji:

You should recuse yourself from commenting on Nigeria's politics if you don't know how Omisore is a pig.

Really?

Dont you want to teach me something? I am here to learn, not to comment voraciously to the point of using big words just to sound smart without referring to the dictionary as to the proper usage of those words.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by Knight1(m): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2011
It is becoming clear that there is an annointed candidate in the person of Dickson in this bayelsa 2010. first Alaibe was refused a waiver, now (i'm actually happy about this) Sylva has been disqualified.

i would have expected Jonathan to treat ALaibe better anyway. the man has made some good sacrifices for his benefit e.g stepping down for him in 2007 until he was picked as VP candidate, resigning his SA position to threaten sylva.etc
Well that's naija politics!
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by OmoTier1(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2011
From the Governor general aka Alams to Timi, what good governance has befallen the Brass State?

Why can't PDP allow the people of Beyelsa take a stand by choosing to conduct state wide primaries where bonafide Bayelsa state registered PDP members can vote who they want to become thier flag carrier.

No doubt Timi deserve to be sent packing but doing so in an undemocractic and despotic manner makes mockery of GEJ, the PDP and Democracy in Nigeria.

Lets hope this is only a misinformation otherwise, I smell Ogun State part II in the making in Bayelsa where the PDP may likely not have a flag bearer at the end of the day!
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by hercules07: 9:42am On Oct 31, 2011
PDP can choose whoever they want, it is the at the polls that the people have the opportunity to choose who their leader should be. I cosign Koruji's claim that Omisore is a pig.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by CyberG: 9:46am On Oct 31, 2011
Colorful embarrassment is coming to the retarde.d COLORLESS humpty dumpty of a president odeshukwura VERY SOON! He has no clue, let's wait for the drama. grin grin
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by dplordx(m): 9:50am On Oct 31, 2011
Wow, GEJ showing some real balls and determination when it came to his state.
I always knew GEJ isnt as weak as we deem him, the A$$hole just doesnt take the job serious. What will it cost him if he weeds out the animals in the PDP?
All GEJ has gotta show to fix naija is some commitment and seriousness. Shame we have an extremely lazy president who could only show courage when it comes to his state politics and not naija at large. Shame on all his non-bayelsan supporters.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by doctokwus: 10:24am On Oct 31, 2011
With the refutal this morning by the gov's spokesman,i av started having doubts as per d ability of GEJ and PDP to do what's right and kick out d misfit in d person of Silva.If he eventually emerges as d pdp candidate,it wud deal a mortal blow to d president's political strength whc has't bn that strong.With Tambuwal having his way,despite zoning affirmed by Gej,& Silva if he scales thru,it will make evry political office holder to start taking d president's position on issues for granted
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2011
Its cuz they expected more bribe, and they didn't get it, Sylva must have been greedy to chop all the money alone
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by freshcvv(m): 11:03am On Oct 31, 2011
If you believe this, you can believe anything.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by badesco(m): 11:06am On Oct 31, 2011
@djustice. It is better you confirmed your facts before publishing it to the world. Do you have any proof to substantiate your allegations against Demola Seriki, Ade Dosunmu and Tokunbo Kamson? . If you have any issues with any one of them or better still with all of them, why not make a formal report at Police Station, rather than  casting aspersion at them here. Pls note i am not a politician nor belongs to PDP. Always get your facts right. Mr so call djustice

djustice:

Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by DidiLove1: 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2011
arsenefc:

Really?

Dont you want to teach me something? I am here to learn, not to comment voraciously to the point of using big words just to sound smart without referring to the dictionary as to the proper usage of those words.

Never kne 'pig' had become a big word. grin grin grin
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by djustice: 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2011
badesco:

@djustice. It is better you confirmed your facts before publishing it to the world. Do you have any proof to substantiate your allegations against Demola Seriki, Ade Dosunmu and Tokunbo Kamson? . If you have any issues with any one of them or better still with all of them, why not make a formal report at Police Station, rather than  casting aspersion at them here. Pls note i am not a politician nor belongs to PDP. Always get your facts right. Mr so call djustice

Mr. bedesco abi what is that your yeye name sef, nor be by force to type sontin just because I thrashed your people o. Facts are facts. At the appropriate time, they will open Demola Seriki's bleached yansh for all the atrocities he committed, especially at the Ministry of Agriculture. Abi you think dossier no dey??

As for Ade Dosunmu, dat one na both sides of the coin he get kwanta. As GM of LBIC, he resigned in questionable circumstances, Bola Tinubu has his dossier, hence his lukewarm campaign during the governorship elections. Some have even said he was paid to throw the elections by campaigning woefully. The figure N3.5b keeps recurring in those conversations. Make I nor even start with his problems at NIMASA. When Fashola challenged him on the N150k per day generator at NIMASA, you could see him praying for the ground to open and swallow him whole.

Tokunbo Kamson made his money by over-inflating road and drainage contracts during Marwa's time, combined with his mismanagement of World Bank funds meant for Lagos State Water Corporation of which he was GM when Tinubu asked him to resign. His dossier is also with Tinubu. He was encouraged to run by Tinubu, just as the same man cajoled both Seriki and Dosunmu to run. When Bola Tinubu is finally brought down, a lot of people's political careers and reputations will be in tatters. Mark my words.

If you have facts that are different from the above, feel free to share.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by TenKobo1: 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2011
Pass me the bowl of pop corn, this is going to be an interesting movie, I need no distrctions. Aside, those who associate the PDP with anything that has to do with democracy are simply sick to the bones.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by dayokanu(m): 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2011
djustice:

Mr. bedesco abi what is that your yeye name sef, nor be by force to type sontin just because I thrashed your people o. Facts are facts. At the appropriate time, they will open Demola Seriki's bleached yansh for all the atrocities he committed, especially at the Ministry of Agriculture. Abi you think dossier no dey??

As for Ade Dosunmu, dat one na both sides of the coin he get kwanta. As GM of LBIC, he resigned in questionable circumstances, Bola Tinubu has his dossier, hence his lukewarm campaign during the governorship elections. Some have even said he was paid to throw the elections by campaigning woefully. The figure N3.5b keeps recurring in those conversations. Make I nor even start with his problems at NIMASA. When Fashola challenged him on the N150k per day generator at NIMASA, you could see him praying for the ground to open and swallow him whole.

Tokunbo Kamson made his money by over-inflating road and drainage contracts during Marwa's time, combined with his mismanagement of World Bank funds meant for Lagos State Water Corporation of which he was GM when Tinubu asked him to resign. His dossier is also with Tinubu. He was encouraged to run by Tinubu, just as the same man cajoled both Seriki and Dosunmu to run. When Bola Tinubu is finally brought down, a lot of people's political careers and reputations will be in tatters. Mark my words.

If you have facts that are different from the above, feel free to share.

So these are the caliber of people the PDP thinks is best for the SouthWest?

Added to Obanikoro, Alao-Akala, Ayo Fayose, Iyiola Omisore, Adetunji Olurin

God punish PDP. No wonder the people of the SouthWest rejected them
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by Funkymallam(m): 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
Oh! Its Sahara reporters again. *smh*
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by semidaraeb(m): 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
@OP Bukola Saraki as dual citizenship, so also
governor Ajimobi, so why screen out Ben Bruce for
dual citizenship, it doesn't add up. The two
mentioned above should never have been given
tickets to contest elections in the first place if I follow the logic of pdp's screening committee's argument.
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by Genius100: 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
dayokanu:

So these are the caliber of people the PDP thinks is best for the SouthWest?

Added to Obanikoro, Alao-Akala, Ayo Fayose, Iyiola Omisore, Adetunji Olurin

God punish PDP. No wonder the people of the SouthWest rejected them

What's wrong with Olurin?
Re: PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters by Olalekan0(m): 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ Kilode,i doubt you know prof. Adeyeye. Pls conduct a backround check before eulogising him!

(1) (2) (Reply)

External Reserve Increases / Aisha Yesufu Blasts The Buhari Regime Over Security (video) / Election Postponement Won’t Stop Apc’s Victory, Says Egbeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.