Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,395 members, 7,846,655 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% (20218 Views)

Overcrowding: Six UNICAL Students Pass Out During An Exam / Kaduna State University Students Protest Hike In Tuition At Government House / Charging Of Tuition Fees In Federal Universities Illegal - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by Imattertoo: 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2023
joelbooks:
Moderators Tuition is still free....it is other fees that were increased.

Nairaland ops, moderators make una de read.

The heading is even grammatically wrong.... you can't say " Tuition Fees" it is "Tuition Fee" Tuition is a fee amongst the school fees

Change the heading to School Fees

Tuition is free in Federal Universities right from beginning of Nigeria to date

Seun
Mynd44

In my receipt, I have my own boldly written "tuition fee" and amount boldly indicated.
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by TheBillyonaire: 5:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
too cheap, nigeria trains you for free, after you japa to canada. fees should 1 million per semester for medical students

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by Ojuntana: 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
fergie001:

Is that garfield1 in yellow
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by oofjm: 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2023
Returning almost like 100k…for unijos those of us with lab in our department the pay 130k-140k
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by Ojuntana: 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2023
nairalanda1:
grin

In 2009, ASUU signed an agreement with government. In 2013, government told them that they could not pay them the money completely.

Fee increases were guaranteed from that day onward.

The honest truth is simple. University is an expensive undertaking. See how much fees Oyedepo and the Adventists charge for Covenant and Babcock uni respoectively....and recall that Oyedepo himself once said that the only help he got from government was in getting land (which he still had to pay for anyway...just that the process was speeded up).

Yes, your greatgranddady went to school for free...back when a university had less than 2000 students, not the over 40000 or more they have now on average. Yes, they go to school for free in this country or that country...in return for the kind of tax that if we charge am here for Nigeria, people would think that Lucifer has replaced our leadership with his minnions.
Therfore our leaders should collect estacode for going to dubai to play in dollars

In the days of your great granddaddy, estacode was paid in naira not dollars end there was no COP jamboree to waste money on
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by nairalanda1(m): 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2023
Ojuntana:

Therfore our leaders should collect estacode for going to dubai to play in dollars

In the days of your great granddaddy, estacode was paid in naira not dollars end there was no COP jamboree to waste money on

Go home, APC man.
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by Charly68: 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2023
Aah! Emi lokan is serving everyone hot meal; let's enjoy the meal while it last ..Even ordinary water price has doubled now because of forex ...Na so Nigerians dey talk oo
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by fergie001: 6:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
Ojuntana:

Is that garfield1 in yellow
You are very very funny!

Hahahahahahahaha, calm down please

Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by MasterTeeUSA: 6:50pm On Dec 04, 2023
Very self explanatory...they increased caution...yup they need it cos students damage everything. Added handbook...great then make sure there are no more handouts...ever. Records and Gowns, Medical screening, UME verification and Biometric...all makes sense. Schools need to confirm you are who you are...and these are needed if the Govt is to give out grants and loans. It is much ado about nothing, and it only affects freshers. We can protest everyday if you allow us as a people...we need to read and digest first. Oga o

[quote author=fergie001 post=127314123][/quote]
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by DIntegrity: 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2023
For any country to really do well in every sector, proper sound education is a non-negotiable.

We're still struggling with building a solid system in the educational sector, now the tuition fees are high for alot of people in these current economic situation to meet up with.

I wonder where our leaders focus are..
I don't care what they do, if your educational sector has yet to do really well, it's just a waste of time.

I must commend Nigerian youths that are hardworking and still pushing through despite the disaster atmosphere this country has with respect to proper world-class practical education
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by akaahs(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
oofjm:
Returning almost like 100k…for unijos those of us with lab in our department the pay 130k-140k
Hmmmm.... my kid sis in uni jos as law student, i paid 140k
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by selfdefence: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2023
Na wa, the poor are really suffocated in this country cry
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by Rumundele(m): 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2023
I am an APC member, i have the card. But i think this party is a mistake.
God Almighty please forgive our sin, hear our cry.
We have crawled to unsafe place and got trapped, please help us, no any other way again.
Baba you alone can safe us, safe us, safe us.
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by obinna227: 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2023
what do you expect from someone that have obi at the end of her names, the name obi has a lot to do with wickedness.Anambra people see nonsense, thank God Nigerians Dodge thatwhat do you expect from someone that have obi at the end of her names, the name obi has a lot to do with wickedness.Anambra people see nonsense, thank God Nigerians Dodge that...
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by hkidola00(m): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
thesicilian:
#
Businesses don't fail because people are poor, businesses fail mostly because they're badly run.
It's not always about party politics and I'm not going to go into that.
A lot of these institutions have large expanses of land that can be converted into various forms of agricultural endeavours. There are spaces for event centres. They can solicit for endowment funds to build amusement parks, zoos, libraries that can yield revenues on seasonal and daily basis. Almost every faculty can come up with something that can put money into the university account, while the faculty itself takes a percentage. Businesses that are targeted at the general community, not just it's students. It's mostly about long term planning and vision.
If you increase the school fees now without a plan for the future, tomorrow when "dollar" or "petrol" goes up you'll still find yourself wanting to increase again.
Little wonder we produce graduates in droves without entrepreneurial drive, because even the schools teaching the students know nothing beyond the textbooks they read from verbatim.
hmmm, insightful

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by hkidola00(m): 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
LikeAking:
Make money in this life..
Make ur pikin no go Dey carry placards.
you are a very bif foolll
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by MrJames007: 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2023
ahnie:
The guy on Zebra yellow stripe abi VIO outfit Sha.....
lol
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by LikeAking: 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2023
hkidola00:
you are a very bif foolll

Look at this destined fool for life...

Are you not tired of complaining?

U go complain tire, nothing go change...

The only solution is to make money..

Idiot!
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by uchwar1: 9:43pm On Dec 04, 2023
The schl fees is cheap nah. Who still pays 49k tuition in this regime
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by Deepspirituals: 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2023
selfdefence:
Na wa, the poor are really suffocated in this country cry
. Saviour Where art thou ..
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by geewean(m): 12:15am On Dec 05, 2023
What in God's name attracts Obi in this issue ? Looooool see how tribalism and nepotism has made you sound so stupid in public space .Why not attack the issue and leave political sentiment aside?

Is Peter obi the reason you were not shortlisted to attend the Climate change summit in Dubai?

You better leave politicians alone .Obi and Tinubu know where they meet.Obi has a house in Ikoyi that I think I'm ur life time you won't be able to get an apartment as rent there.

You had better see to how to develop your miserable life.....😂😂😂😂😂

If you like insult me at keast e don ter your spirit amd I won't bother to read hence don't expect a reply.Loooooooooooool

Timothy89:
what do you expect from someone that have obi at the end of her names, the name obi has a lot to do with wickedness.

Anambra people see nonsense, thank God Nigerians Dodge that
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by adecz: 2:39am On Dec 05, 2023
Nigerian government with their
myth of no tuition fees, yet they
have created ways of taking their
pounds of flesh from the students.

Why should students be made to pay
frivolous charges like

👉Devlpt Levy ( Na dem papa open d school?)
👉Sanitation
👉Security
👉Exam fees
👉Library ( with outdated publications)
👉 Games
👉 Studio maintenance
👉Equipment maintenance
👉Verificatn of UTME ( after paying for UTME)

etc, etc❗️❗️

Government simply leaves students at
the mercy of school authorities. The same
government that has refused to increase
salaries of parents who are expected to
to pay these fees
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by pacespot(m): 7:04am On Dec 05, 2023
Before you know it now they will send the military their way. Nigeria is a crime against humanity
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by Timothy89(m): 12:58pm On Dec 05, 2023
geewean:

What in God's name attracts Obi in this issue ? Looooool see how tribalism and nepotism has made you sound so stupid in public space .Why not attack the issue and leave political sentiment aside?

Is Peter obi the reason you were not shortlisted to attend the Climate change summit in Dubai?

You better leave politicians alone .Obi and Tinubu know where they meet.Obi has a house in Ikoyi that I think I'm ur life time you won't be able to get an apartment as rent there.

You had better see to how to develop your miserable life.....😂😂😂😂😂

If you like insult me at keast e don ter your spirit amd I won't bother to read hence don't expect a reply.Loooooooooooool

I don't blame you, is either you're a kid when obi governed anambra or your parents sold you out on child trafficking before retrieving you back when obi governed anambra state

most of you people with low IQ post from that side doesn't get to me because I knew quite well you people were formed during heat
Re: UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% by AffiliatesMoney: 7:33pm On Dec 06, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
which is your buy now and pay later generator, why are you not listing the product

We will take time to list all of them on the thread soon.

Some of them have been posted on the thread link posted above.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Godfrey Okoye University Bans Artificial Eyelashes, Fingernails, Tight Fittings / The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System! / Agbami 2015 Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.