Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,060 members, 7,828,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? (22165 Views)

How Much Is Your Salary? How Many Months Salary Would Make Up Ur House Rent? / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by jomarick(m): 11:57am On Dec 07, 2023
I was faced with the puzzle of either renting a mini flat 600k close to my work place with no transport or pay 300k for mini flat far away with 2k transport daily. I did the maths:

#2000×6= #12000 (weekly tfare)
#12000×4= #48000 (monthly tfare)
#48000×12 =#576,000 (yearly tfare)

#576,000 + #300,000 = #876,000 + traffic stress.

We self employed do not have salary but savings, my 3months savings pays of 600k

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Omoapena(m): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2023
2months
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2023
ANYTHING ABOVE YOUR TWO MONTHS SALARY IS LIVING ABOVE YOUR MEANS, UNLESS YOU HAVE OTHER SIDE HUSTLE.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by FireUpNow(m): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2023
For me, it depends on your taste and the amount you are getting as salary also you have to cut your coat according to your size.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Ogisbaba: 11:59am On Dec 07, 2023
25% of one's total annual salary which is three month salary is very okay for taking accommodation for one year ! You are in order , please .

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by obembet(f): 11:59am On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Planning to get an apartment close to my work and im planning to use to my 3months salary for rent. Is this advisable and economical?

If you 1 month salary can not pay your rent then change your rent.

If your 1 month salary can not pay your children school fee, change Thier sch

If you are living a life to impress other, u will remain slave for life.

Obembet talks

3 Likes

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
Not more than 3months
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by tctrills: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Planning to get an apartment close to my work and im planning to use to my 3months salary for rent. Is this advisable and economical?
If it's close to your place of work that may be a great investment in your health, sanity and your time. 3 months may be worth the investment.
Don't forget you are saving money on transport.

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by EngrKemp: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Anything away from my 2months salary to settle my rent, count me out! The house rent no be my mate. grin

I even try to make things (house rent payment) easier for myself. I divid the total amount by 365 and make sure my palmpay save each day's amount in the luck. Then they would even give me interest after one year.
How much is palmpay % so one can explore this ur style.
U get sense well well
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Juniorangel(m): 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
This should depend on how much you earn monthly
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Paramount01(m): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
harsysky:
Leave bonus and 2 month's salary max!

Leave bonus as how, my salary is 70k my bonus is 10k per month so I should go and rent 149k house?
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by deanoffaculty: 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
This is not detailed enough.
How much is your monthly salary?
Mathematically, your monthly salary is a function of your rent and directly proportional to your plan and survival after paying the rent.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by online4business: 12:07pm On Dec 07, 2023
People really no wan get sense sha...

There's no job security in Nigeria person won dey live beyond his means.

Las las my landlord is wicked na him go end am.

Excuses I want to live in a place where I can connect with big man and influential people... Continue dey play.

January go shock people the full effect of price of fuel and diesel dey come.

Herd men are disruption farmers guess what food prices will go up... The govt is not doing anything about it.

Your 2 months salary should completely pay your rent if not you're one step away from being homeless.

An advice to all landlord.

You're not a friend to your tenant you're offering him a service.

Na only money connect ona two oooo.

My own contract for my houses managed by law firm has legalese baked into it so I've the right to evict you without giving you 6months.

And they read this contract to you twice before you sign in front of a witness and a law enforcement officer.

Padi man cut your coat according to your size no carry hand reach where you nova reach.

Las las nobody really care about anyone ooo

Take a look and see people wey you know wey don die, you go see say nobody care about their family or pikin.

What you should be thinking is how can I make more money.

Use your Duncan oooo, akonuche ya garage zero.

Eni to ba lo mo. ki ekute ile sur fu ti oko.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by blesdman(m): 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
2 at most
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Lovestrong(m): 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
me 2 months,I dey use dis mindset too for gadgets
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by livenija: 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2023
So teacher wen dey earn 20 monthly how far them?

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2023
Depends on your salary, as at right now, I use about 0.45 that’s less than half on my monthly salary on rent, I’m a bachelor living in an affordable northern city.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by MrBroke(m): 12:16pm On Dec 07, 2023
zedegit:

You didn't even ask how much is 1 month salary. Can #30 000 rent a house?
Dey play.

Reason y u shouldn't live above your means.
There be houses of 60k
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by skj1377(m): 12:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
1month
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by zedegit: 12:21pm On Dec 07, 2023
MrBroke:

Reason y u shouldn't live above your means.
There be houses of 60k

60k a year? Oya post pinshur.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Qatar2022: 12:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Three months salary is not bad
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by zedegit: 12:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
livenija:
So teacher wen dey earn 20 monthly how far them?

Omo na die be that.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by UptownVibes(m): 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2023
Na ur earning monthly go determine...

Only agent fees go collect some people two month salary sef... Except na batcha you wan rent
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Winneygirl(f): 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2023
10% or your annual net salary, or maximum of 2 months salary.
Anything more will be above your means.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by princeamehjosep: 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2023
2month salary
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by federal9: 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2023
daeger:
Atleast 3 months salary it's ok for rent

At least 3 means [ 3,4,5 to 12]

At most 3 means [ 1,2,3]

Which one do you mean?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by parkervero(m): 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
I love this kind of thread.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by ghettochild(m): 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Two months is not bad...bt im looking at the opportunity to network in that area because of the calibre of pple there and light never goes off. My 3months salary is me even paying like 1/4 of the total rent. Thanks for ur input

Find roommates to share with
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by ShakurMY(m): 12:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:

If you cannot pay your house rent with one month salary, it's not sustainable.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Fatbam005: 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Two months is not bad...bt im looking at the opportunity to network in that area because of the calibre of pple there and light never goes off. My 3months salary is me even paying like 1/4 of the total rent. Thanks for ur input
Which one be light never goes off. Even Tinubu and his e-rats can't say dat
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by greypencils: 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

So your annual salary if the full rent.

I look forward to your advise me vs landlord thread in the romance section next year.
I can bet the person is based in Lagos. Person wey no get money to stay Lekki want use entire salary rent house. Nobody go tell am. Them no dey do pass yourself for this place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AVEVA PDMS (plant Design Management System) Training / Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation / 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.