Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? (22167 Views)

How Much Is Your Salary? How Many Months Salary Would Make Up Ur House Rent? / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by OvertheTop(m): 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2023
livenija:
So teacher wen dey earn 20 monthly how far them?

Max of 40k rent/Year or Less
if that rent is Not Available, Change the Income Source (get a better-paying Job)

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by zoedew: 3:42pm On Dec 07, 2023
Queengee:

1month salary is ok my personal view though
That is the ideal! Beyond that you are living beyond your means.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by OvertheTop(m): 3:42pm On Dec 07, 2023
zedegit:

60k a year? Oya post pinshur.

Face me and face you. is what matches that amount in Lagos
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Ekangwere: 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
I just started my job as a bank teller (I am a contract staff) 1 week ago but I have now received an offer from Larfarge Africa offering me twice my salary plus other addons. Is it too early to resign my current job considering am just 2 weeks into my job and would be just short of a month from my proposed resumption date
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by harsysky(m): 4:07pm On Dec 07, 2023
Paramount01:

Leave bonus as how, my salary is 70k my bonus is 10k per month so I should go and rent 149k house?
10k per month means 120k per year. That plus 140k can give u an accommodation of 260k. That should be the highest rent you can go for if you want to show off
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Ekangwere: 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ok
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by ednut1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 07, 2023
stacyadams:
My guy dey collect 90k salary ,he go rent 2 bedroom flat for Ikeja ,rent don expire him no fit. renew ,them give am notice,he no take am serious,on a good morning Dem throw him things out..now this na person wey dey carry woman almost.. every day like say na curse...u dey owe rent,u still dey carry woman hup han Dan .na that one vex landlord pass..I no dey around I drop key for am make he cum my side ..the werey still carry the same habit come here...my rent don expire ,I don settle half,na the other I dey find ...we suppose split am but him womanizing habit I don change mind...him go soon understand it's cold outside by timaya..some people dey carry woman sha...
show me your friend and i will…………
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by creamylicious(f): 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
With the recent increase in rent but no increase in salary?? There's no parameter to this thing.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by 6ixVille: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2023
Location is IB, zero traffic along my routes
ednut1:
These things dont have manual. Have you considered the traffic and stress when commuting back home The 4 hours daily in traffic because you wan stay cheap place . Hmmm
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by 6ixVille: 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
go for lafarge g
Ekangwere:
I just started my job as a bank teller (I am a contract staff) 1 week ago but I have now received an offer from Larfarge Africa offering me twice my salary plus other addons. Is it too early to resign my current job considering am just 2 weeks into my job and would be just short of a month from my proposed resumption date
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by 6ixVille: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hmm..thanks for this. Can't still get at them on sundays, hardly ever around too
kkash:

Dat networking tale is a marketing strategy, d calibre of ppl dat are legit dat u are referring to are hardly around. Business meetings, board of directors meeting, social club meetings, it's only der family dat are usually in d house.....if dats d only reason u have to spend dat amount of money.....reconsider
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by 6ixVille: 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
I know what I'm saying broda, there are areas like dat.
Fatbam005:
Which one be light never goes off. Even Tinubu and his e-rats can't say dat
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by 6ixVille: 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
Swears man, I think I'd risk it, challenge myself and hustle like crazy, can prolly make the rent in a month God willing, besides my current area dey show me shege with light
zedegit:

Whether advisable or economical is not the question. Abi you wan live for outside?

I believe the house is self contained or atmost 1 or 2 bedroom.

Just get it and double your hustle.

You don't need face me, I slap you for peace of mind sake.

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by mayorkent(m): 5:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
In my opinion one month seems okay.... bad as e bad two months ....
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by 6ixVille: 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2023
Thanks
countryman13:

I advised you to look for an accommodation that Ur two months salary can cover considering the fact that some other expenses will still pop up. Like mine,I used 62.5% of my 2 months salary n am good. All d best
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by 6ixVille: 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hmm...thanks man. Just need to challenge myself to get a taste of the kind of environment and quality of life I want
tremilatre:

It's up to you really, financial advisers say no more than 3months but consider your priorities:
Commute to work, environment, how much disposable income you have, extra earnings and quality of life.
Before I bought my house, I rented with equivalent of 4months salary. I could get something similar for half the price but my priorities were quality of life, environment and commute.

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by lexy2014: 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Planning to get an apartment close to my work and im planning to use to my 3months salary for rent. Is this advisable and economical?

did you think of this question before u asked it?
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by motide(m): 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2023
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by stacyadams: 7:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
Gerrard59:

Your friend is an irresponsible man. Stay far away from irresponsible. It can be contagious.

Yeah sure ..I gave him enough time to change but baba no go ever change..
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by femi4: 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:
Planning to get an apartment close to my work and im planning to use to my 3months salary for rent. Is this advisable and economical?
3 Months
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:

Depends on you Salary structure.

If your 1 month Salary is not enough to pay your rent

OR

You don't have a bulk allowance that comes annually that is enough to offset it, you are living beyond your means.

I remember when I was still a salary earner, My monthly salary did not cover my rent, but every year by April we were paid housing allowance which covered my rent and had some extra change.

1 Like

Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Bigmanshow: 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:

You must not spend more than 10% of your annual income on rent per Annum, anything above 10% is not economical
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Advancedman(m): 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:

One month is ideal at most 2 months.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by LordofNaija: 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Anything away from my 2months salary to settle my rent, count me out! The house rent no be my mate. grin

I even try to make things (house rent payment) easier for myself. I divid the total amount by 365 and make sure my palmpay save each day's amount in the luck. Then they would even give me interest after one year.
Marketer isonu
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Odebayo4010(m): 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
6ixVille:

If 2months of your salaries can't pay your rent that means you're in a wrong line
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by djkirkoo2(m): 3:50am On Dec 08, 2023
Queengee:

1month salary is ok my personal view though
this your personal view 😉 so someone that is earning 60k monthly, what kind of rent can he 60k afford in this present Nigeria 🇳🇬 🤔?
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Rinoxy: 7:25am On Dec 08, 2023
online4business:
People really no wan get sense sha...

There's no job security in Nigeria person won dey live beyond his means.

Las las my landlord is wicked na him go end am.

Excuses I want to live in a place where I can connect with big man and influential people... Continue dey play.

January go shock people the full effect of price of fuel and diesel dey come.

Herd men are disruption farmers guess what food prices will go up... The govt is not doing anything about it.

Your 2 months salary should completely pay your rent if not you're one step away from being homeless.

An advice to all landlord.

You're not a friend to your tenant you're offering him a service.

Na only money connect ona two oooo.

My own contract for my houses managed by law firm has legalese baked into it so I've the right to evict you without giving you 6months.

And they read this contract to you twice before you sign in front of a witness and a law enforcement officer.

Padi man cut your coat according to your size no carry hand reach where you nova reach.

Las las nobody really care about anyone ooo

Take a look and see people wey you know wey don die, you go see say nobody care about their family or pikin.

What you should be thinking is how can I make more money.

Use your Duncan oooo, akonuche ya garage zero.

Eni to ba lo mo. ki ekute [/b]ile sur fu[b] ti oko.
SO FUN
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Rinoxy: 7:27am On Dec 08, 2023
EmekusTHEgreat:
Depends on your salary, as at right now, I use about 0.45 that’s less than half on my monthly salary on rent, I’m a bachelor living in an affordable northern city.
The north is relatively cheaper in terms of rent. U can't compare with the east, west n south. I stay in Kaduna and a month's salary is more than my annual rent, and it's a two bedroom flat close to the road.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Rinoxy: 7:28am On Dec 08, 2023
federal9:

At least means [ 3,4,5 to 12]

At most means [ 1,2,3]

Which one do you mean?
U go school.
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Maj196(m): 7:48am On Dec 08, 2023
At most 3 months
Re: How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? by Rinoxy: 7:59am On Dec 08, 2023
OCHKESTINE:
My former boss advised me to get up to 4 months salary apartment for my family.

To be honest, it's the best decision. Whenever I go to my former area to visit, I see how far I have come and understand that raising my kids their would've messed their psych.

But if u are just starting out, 2 months salary is okay, because u need to have rest of mind when u get home and relax well.
To this, it's a matter of doing what works for you and what you're comfortable with, putting preference and location in mind. When I started working some ten years ago, I was earning 74k and living in a house of 120k, then I changed location and rented same kind of apartment for 80k while I was earning 83k. Now I pay 150k rent and my monthly pay can cover that comfortably. So, there are no golden rules to this, do what's good for your current situation as regards factors around you. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation / 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' / AVEVA PDMS (plant Design Management System) Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.