Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,451 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad - Investment (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (52779 Views)

NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2008
Etin:

@NBA, ManJiro, et al

Finally got my Diamond Reach ATM Card PIN. Also finally opened an NRN with UBA. Frankly I wasnt impressed I had to keep sending emails to find out if the account had been openned and finally called Nigeria a week after before an email was sent to me with the account details. I am burnt out I really don't have the strenght to run the account now.

tired Etin

Cool, still waitng for mine,,, At least you have it for when you need it, it will come in handy someday.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2008
X-2-X:

The following might also be of interest to folks:

http://www.nigerianwebradio.com/

Kip on rockin!
Coool!
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 2:10am On Apr 02, 2008
Omoba3:

Guys you need to read the last few posts of this thread. The email had to do with the new home of the thread. Someone has alread posted the link to the new site.

You no longer need to send me any emails. And yes I did reply every single email I received and those who posted their emails here.

See link below:

www.new nigerians.com
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 3:44am On Apr 03, 2008
John McCain's inspiring 'Yes we can' type video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwqEneBKUs
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by bjluv: 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2008
@NBA, havent been here in like a century!

Nice to hear a black man and naija for that matter dey ski grin Well you should come with the fam to the SantaClaus land here in the Nordics or then try the Norweigian laplands---you sure would enjoy skiing at its best

on the calling thingy, well you can check any of betamax services but you sure need to shine your eye with them however. several clones and cheaps rates to naija
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 11:01pm On Apr 03, 2008
bjluv:

@NBA, havent been here in like a century!

Nice to hear a black man and naija for that matter dey ski grin Well you should come with the fam to the SantaClaus land here in the Nordics or then try the Norweigian laplands---you sure would enjoy skiing at its best

on the calling thingy, well you can check any of betamax services but you sure need to shine your eye with them however. several clones and cheaps rates to naija

@bjluv
Thanks O! We gotta live a little abi? Hope all is well with you and yours.
I will check out the betamax services.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by udezij(m): 11:12am On Apr 05, 2008
Etin:

@ NBA et al

Happy Easter. For those of us in UK, you may want to try Safari Talk its a £5.00 card that sells for £2.50 and you get 55 minutes upwards on each card depending on the network you are calling.

@X-2-X

Thanks for the information on Lebara sim. I will find it very handy for making private calls to Nigeria while at work. It a lot better than using a card with the office landline. Regarding the Diamond Reach Account, eniyanman has answered your question perfectly.

@eniyanman I felt the same way too. In fact I actually requested one and was told they would look into it. I later realised that the naira account was a savings account which traditionally does not have a cheque book. I must say a naira cheque book is more useful to me than the foreign currency one.

Hi am in UK and am interested in buying Nigeria shares,can you advice me which stock broker i can use and what is their minimum amount to open a stock account.You can Email me at udezij@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 2:47am On Apr 07, 2008
udezij:

Hi am in UK and am interested in buying Nigeria shares,can you advice me which stock broker i can use and what is their minimum amount to open a stock account.You can Email me at udezij@yahoo.com
@udezij
There are several mentioned on this thread and they range from about N100K to N10 mil. Go for a personal recommendation from someone you know or from comments from this thread and others here on nairaland. I am partial to Vetiva.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by nazzyon(m): 8:26am On Apr 08, 2008
HOW RELIABLE IS AFRINVEST West Africa?

This were the info on their site. Is there anything I need to know?
Brokage Commission Fee
On the first N 250, 000 of consideration (On sales and purchase) 2.75%
On the next N 250,000 of consideration (On sales and purchase) 2.5%
On the next N 500,000 of consideration (On sales and purchase) 2.25%
On the next N 2,000,000 of consideration (On sales and purchase) 1.5%
Any amount above N 5,000,000 of consideration (On sales and purchase) 1%
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by DisGuy: 3:37am On Apr 09, 2008
X-2-X:

I use Lebara from the UK. costs 10p per minute to call Nigeria. Good thing is that it comes in form of a sim card and u get to dial direct from your phone without entering any code etc

I know Lebara is also available in some other EU countries but I don't know about the US

Thanks a lot for this, it has been really useful!!

open my UBA savings at last 22-12-2007 till 01-04-2008
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 5:30am On Apr 11, 2008
Dis Guy:

Thanks a lot for this, it has been really useful!!

open my UBA savings at last 22-12-2007 till 01-04-2008

Wow! December to April?
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2008
My People,

I am off to Naija in June, any tips? smiley
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 12:50am On Apr 21, 2008
North American Airlines

When will NAA discontinue its scheduled service flights between Baltimore / New York and Lagos, Nigeria
The last BWI / JFK to LOS flight NA133 will depart JFK on May 17, 2008 and the last return flight NA134 from LOS to JFK / BWI will depart LOS on May 18, 2008.
http://www.northamericanair.com/flynaa.aspx
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 9:04pm On Apr 30, 2008
I am also journeying from the UK to Motherland in June. I never wanted to fly British Airways, but I didnt "trust" the Virgin Nigeria online credit card payment system (couldnt see "https" with "padlock sign" which indicates secure communication with their servers) so I opted for British Airways.

My question is: has anyone ever used a credit card on Virgin Nigeria website? If not, how do folks go about arranging tickets for Vigin Nigeria from say London to Lagos? Pay by UBA NRN? because I heard Virgin Nigeria has a lot of runnings with UBA.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 12:11am On May 02, 2008
x-2-x and NBA

Have a very safe trip and dont forget to visit your Banks so you can tell what they look like and go with little presents to give people you didnt expect to meet. Most important of all eat all the good food (Non GM) you can eat and have a large portion of Ram suya for me.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 6:05pm On May 05, 2008
Etin:

x-2-x and NBA

Have a very safe trip and don't forget to visit your Banks so you can tell what they look like and go with little presents to give people you didnt expect to meet. Most important of all eat all the good food (Non GM) you can eat and have a large portion of Ram suya for me.

Very good point. Should get some little presents for ma stockbroker! About the suya, I am sure NBA can sort that out.

Cheers
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 8:29pm On May 05, 2008
@X-2-X
I also ended up with British Airways, their schedule worked better for me.
About Virgin Nigeria, my peeps in London are having same issue paying with credit cards. They like them cos of the extra baggage allowance though smiley

@Etin
Thanks O, na real organic food for three weeks grin grin grin

I will try visiting the banks, the broker a must plus i will open a GTB account though I wonder if they as good as they used to be. Maybe perfumes for the brokers Not sure if I should ask them what they like as I don't have an account manager, it is a group of people behind an email distribution list.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by naijaking1: 10:03am On May 07, 2008
@NBA
Safe journey my brother, make sure you lie low, so that you no go attract unwanted attention to yourself. Coming back in one piece is very important.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 3:35pm On May 07, 2008
@naijaking1
Thanks bro, you talk am well smiley
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Jujune: 9:46pm On May 10, 2008
For people living abroad and others, www.panamabrokerage.info offers offshore forex, brokerage and company incorporation in the Republic of Panama. Under Panama law, investment accounts are not subject to capital appreciation tax.
Visit our page

Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 1:33am On May 17, 2008
@X-2-X

I now use Lebara. Fantastic. Thanks again. Have a good holiday.

@NBA

Long time. Hope you keeping well.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 11:36pm On Jul 02, 2008
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by NBA(m): 9:06am On Jul 04, 2008
Etin:

@X-2-X

I now use Lebara. Fantastic. Thanks again. Have a good holiday.

@NBA

Long time. Hope you keeping well.

Hi Etin,

Long time! All is well, thanks for asking. NBA tied the knot yesterday in Lagos so has been missing in action for weeks leading to yestreday. Saw the email notification and could not resist a reply.

Hope everyone is doing great!
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 3:53pm On Jul 10, 2008
Big congrats Mr. NBA!!
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by femigirl(f): 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2008
Hello all,

This forum link is great.

Before I ask my 101 questions. Let me agreed yes Lebara is great,10p per minute to Nigeria mobiles and 5p to Nigerian landline,if you register your details online. everytime you spend £20 or more, you get 10% extra the following month
http://www.lebara-mobile.co.uk/en/promo2.php

Recommend friend get £5 back http://www.lebara-mobile.co.uk/en/promo3.php
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by femigirl(f): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2008
Here comes the 101 questions, lol

What the best Nigeria bank account to open:

If you want to send money from UK
want to be able to withdrawal from Ghana as well as Nigeria
want to send money from the account to other Nigerian accounts such as GTB,Union
easy set up from the UK
online access and affordable bank charges

Please assist me
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2008
@NBA

Congrats oh it is a washable event grin

On a serious note Well Done and I wish you many happy years of marriage and lots of wonderful children (who would enjoy ice sports! too). A wonderful life awaits you in Jesus Name -Amen
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by femigirl(f): 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2008
NBA & CO
PLEASE CAN YOU ASSIST ME WITH THE BELOW PLEASE

Posted by: femigirl
Insert Quote
Here comes the 101 questions, lol

What the best Nigeria bank account to open:

If you want to send money from UK
want to be able to withdrawal from Ghana as well as Nigeria
want to send money from the account to other Nigerian accounts such as GTB,Union
easy set up from the UK
online access and affordable bank charges

Please assist me
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Etin(f): 11:22pm On Jul 20, 2008
Hi femigirl

Your requirement is quite stiff. I would suggest you look into GTB they wont pass on charges but they have Branches every where on your list. Another bank you may want to check is www.standardchartered.com they also meet your location requirement but I have no experience with either except they have both been recommended by their customers.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by padekanola: 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2008
Please i purchased the zenith shares of N40,000 in january. Is it possible to sell the shares and just back my funds? I seriously need the funds

Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by fadokun: 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2008
HELLO,
YOU CAN SELL YOU SHARES ANY TIME YOU WANT, ITS YOURS. IF YOU NEED FURTHER HELP AS REGARD SHARE ISSUES, YOU WANT TO OPEN ACCOUNT OR SELL OFF YOUR SHARES YOU CAN DO THAT THROUGH LEAD CAPITAL,OUR WEBSITE IS www.leadcapitalng.com IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION DON'T FAIL TO MAIL ME THROUGH fadokunoluwole@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by JFKennedy: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2008
let us revamp this thread.

any new stock brokers to consider?

UBAS improved services?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

MMM Dumps Naira, To Use Bitcoin / Analysis Of Results Of Companies On The Nigerian Stock Exchange / What Investment Mistake Would You Never Make In 2021?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61