Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad - Investment (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (52769 Views)

NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Nick1: 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2008
This is a good forum and as a fellow Nigerian, I am proud of the excellent job well done by the founder(s). I am a new member and and this is my first post-starting from the area I make my living in the US. My question is- does anyone know of any Nigerian company that pay its shareholders dividends every quarter as it is done in the US? I would appreciate good comments or suggestions because of my progressive plans to start investing in Nairaland soon.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Irelander: 3:53am On Dec 13, 2008
SEUN , thanks for setting up this interactive website ,its fantastic. Its totally eliminate all barriers and uncertainties anyone might have about Nigeria. Through vast information and idealism obtain from all of you in this site, there is a lot of things we can all do together

NBA, GOOD job for creating a separate page for Nigerians abroad(Diaspora) its very important for us to know the current issue in our country even though we are not there.

NBA, JF Kennedy, NICK and CO lets keep this page alive. its a very interesting site
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by klimasha: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2009
Hi All
My name is Maria and I'm living in Moscow, Russia
I would be greatful if someone can answer my questions. I read the settlement process on the website if CSCS (http://www.cscsnigerialtd.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=5) and several points are still unclear for me:
1. in case if client has an account in the custodian:how can he enter into the exchange? does he need to put order to stockbroker or not?
2. who opens the account with the settlement bank and who places the instruction to the settlement bank: is it the stockbroker or the client of a stockbroker?
3. in case if there are no securities on the account of a client in CSCS - does NSE allows to conclude a trade on T? or the trade will be automatically cancelled on T?
4. in the structure client 1 sells stocks via stockbroker 1 and client 2 buys stocks via stockbroker 2. If I'm a client 1 who will be responsible if the client 2 doesn't have enough cash (is this one of stockbrokers or the exchange)? the same question: what if I'm the client2 and the client 1 is short of stocks - to whom should I go to cover my losses in case of market move?

Thank you in advance
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by uzooma4837: 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2009
i do not accept the IBAN number presented it looks fraudulent as money will be channelled to an account first but may stop there thereby not reaching the intended recipient.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by ourwale: 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2009
UBA has exuded energy, confidence and dynamism considering the recent trends.UBA has been exceptional. my account officer has been so fanstatic and prompt  in carrying out my instructions.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by netotse(m): 12:04am On Aug 25, 2009
@ourwale
na wa o. . .this ur broker sounds so loving and caring, infact it makes me think you just might be your own broker, lol! no offence!
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2009
netotse:

@ourwale
na wa o. . .this your broker sounds so loving and caring, infact it makes me think you just might be your own broker, lol! no offence!

+1
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Nick1: 9:22am On Sep 03, 2009
Does anyone know what is going on with Nigerianstockexchange and UBAremit websites?
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2010
Nick1:

Does anyone know what is going on with Nigerianstockexchange and UBAremit websites?

I dont know about UBARemit, but as for the NSE website, I noticed it hardly works (read doesn't work) at weekends.

If you want to use the site, check during weekdays, say evenings.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by X2X(m): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2010
Just to announce to folks that, after months and months of foot dragging, I finally decided to open a diamond reach account. Good first impression, took about a week from application to first online banking logon. Thats a lot better than the experience of folks like NBA and Etin.

Expecting my ATM cards this week (i.e 2 weeks from start of application).
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by mtyekinni: 6:51am On Jan 15, 2012
it seems this informative thread for Nigerians in the diaspora have been allowed to die a slow death.
Be much obliged if  the original posters & other well meaning members could please resuscitate it.
I'll be interested to know how the foray into the world of Naija stock market is working out for everyone!
Appreciate a response; thanks all.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by uzoexcel(m): 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
ditto here.....i really dnt understand d stock game i m ashamed to say..i wanna learn though
mtyekinni: it seems this informative thread for Nigerians in the diaspora have been allowed to die a slow death.
Be much obliged if  the original posters & other well meaning members could please resuscitate it.
I'll be interested to know how the foray into the world of Naija stock market is working out for everyone!
Appreciate a response; thanks all.
Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad by Eguonocraig: 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
Plz I would like to get info on how seventy million naira (#70,000000) can be sent from the UK London to Nigeria. Plz It's urgent as I hear of someone trying to purchase a property near my place and my friend is the Agent, I don't want him in any problem of scam. Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

MMM Dumps Naira, To Use Bitcoin / Analysis Of Results Of Companies On The Nigerian Stock Exchange / What Investment Mistake Would You Never Make In 2021?