Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 (14223 Views)

Meet Rukaiya El-Rufai, The First PwC Female Northerner Partner / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by IamWilliams(m): 11:37am On Dec 09, 2023
Well done professionals

Please I need a serious advise on this

I'm currently a customer service rep in a major bank (full time staff and salary is 310k monthly) and i've spent close to 3yrs so far and aged 31. I have a BSC and MSC in Economics (BSC-2:2 grade, MSC-2:1 grade). Now, in recent time, I've been nuturing the idea of working in any of the BIG 4 with PWC been my biggest wish

Question is, Is working in PWC still possible considering that my background is just customer service or i should just forget the idea ?

Professionals in the house, I need your answer to this please

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by dawnomike(m): 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2023
IamWilliams:
Well done professionals

I'm currently a customer service rep in a major bank (full time staff and salary is 310k monthly) and i've spent close to 3yrs so far and aged 31. I have a BSC and MSC in Economics (BSC-2:2 grade, MSC-2:1 grade). Now, in recent time, I've been nuturing the idea of working in any of the BIG 4 with PWC been my biggest wish

Question is, Is working in PWC still possible considering that my background is just customer service or i should just forget the idea ?

It is very possible!

15 Likes

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by IamWilliams(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2023
dawnomike:
It is very possible!

Please give advise of how this can work out

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by IyaTola: 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2023
IamWilliams:
Well done professionals

it's possible if you have any of the following qualifications
ACA
CPA
FMVA
& Less than 25 yrs

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by omotola90(m): 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2023
IyaTola:
it's possible if you have any of the following qualifications
ACA
CPA
FMVA
& Less than 25 yrs
that's for graduate trainee miss.take FMVA out of the equation.ACA CPA and ACCA is a go

12 Likes

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by omotola90(m): 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2023
IamWilliams:
Well done professionals

good afternoon,it is possible but your 2.2 might hinder you.PWC considers 2.1 at most

10 Likes

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by obajoey(m): 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ye
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Femisol(m): 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
Go and meet people in the corporate world to get the best advice

You can’t get the best advice here. It’s only FG job most nairalanders like grin . FG job na Olodo full there from top to bottom grin

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by FreeStuffsNG: 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2023
omotola90:
good afternoon,it is possible but your 2.2 might hinder you.PWC considers 2.1 at most
Correct. And the school he attended too wink
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2023
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC), Deloitte, KPMG and Ernst & Young........

You can land an entry-level Big 4 job in Nigeria.
Landing an entry-level Big 4 job in Nigeria is not as hard as people say.
You need to know the right things and have loads of preparation!

Big 4 firms in Nigeria usually recruit all year round.
Openings for audit, tax, deal advisory, IT advisory and management consulting come up frequently.
You only need to bookmark credible job sites so you know when they start calling for applications.
Why? First, it makes it easier for you to pass the entrance tests (GMAT, SHL, etc.). Second, during the interviews, if you can craft a perfect story why you’re moving out of science into business, then you’re in.
So, whether PWC, KPMG, EY, or Deloitte, your discipline isn’t so relevant.

The Big 4 firms will only let you apply if, at the time of applying, you’re not above 26.
Okay, there’s a ton of criticism hauled at the Big 4 firms over this requirement.
They have their reasons.

If you join, your colleagues will be super young.
During onboarding, met a 20-year old colleague.
It’s also not unheard-of to have a manager, who is only 28.
So, you might look weird if you’re 30 and your team lead is 23.
However, the Big 4 firms have started relaxing this requirement...

Courtesy VC.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Xwizard: 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2023
Anything is possible in this country bro, ask Tinubu

Offer! Offer!!

We present to you our end of the year sales
Get ready to shop hair at affordable and discount price with free gifts on all orders and free gifts for all referrals
Sales continues till Dec 20th

Quote me for more information

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by atobs4real(m): 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2023
why can't you work? oti work jor.
even those without certificate are MD / Ceo of various organization
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2023
IamWilliams:
Well done professionals

Wetin be BiG4, PWC?
With all ur Qualification, u stil no qualify on how to table matter oo, o ni agbekalę ọ́rọ́ rara a

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by holluwizzy: 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2023
Hang on to the one u have tight first.

Just my penny to u.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by wunmi590(m): 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2023

You have the chance if you have a very strong leg, reason why I said this is because of your experience, except you are going to continue in the career you are presently..

And if you want to switch, you can get some certifications, since you already have MSC in economics with a good grade, I think that should push you up..

But in all these, seek God who is the finisher of things, He will do it for you..

9 Likes

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by wunmi590(m): 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
omotola90:

I think his MSC will cover for him in that area

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by trevorlinda: 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
ofcos...
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Kobicove(m): 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2023
At your current age you can only join a Big 4 in Nigeria as a qualified trainee therefore you must already have your ICAN or ACCA if you want to stand a chance of getting in as a professional staff.

I'm talking based on what I know as an alumnus of a Big 4 and not hearsay!

7 Likes

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by obajoey(m): 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2023
post=127444931:
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC), Deloitte, KPMG and Ernst & Young........
You can land an entry-level Big 4 job in Nigeria.
Landing an entry-level Big 4 job in Nigeria is not as hard as people say.
You need to know the right things and have loads of preparation!

Big 4 firms in Nigeria usually recruit all year round.
Openings for audit, tax, deal advisory, IT advisory and management consulting come up frequently.
You only need to bookmark credible job sites so you know when they start calling for applications.

If you know millions of qualified and experience graduates seeking to get in, maybe you will want to change your mind on the bolded.

Nevertheless, when it's your time and turn, you will get in effortlessly.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by bigdammyj: 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
Reading.
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Myer(m): 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
IamWilliams:
Well done professionals

Depends on which career line you wish to pursue.

Every company has customer service needs. You could apply as one and patiently wait it out.
However if you wish to switch to Accounting field which PWC is renown for, you would need to start at entry level. Not sure what the age limit is though. You can find out more details from their website.

However, more important to ask is why are you considering switching from your present coy?
Your loyalty also will be rewarded in time, if the company has a defined career growth path.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by xristos(m): 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2023
U even get job with 310k monthly....hmmm
It's good to aspire though

Available for sale - Latest Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon brandnew..abuja
Check my profile
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Inner19(m): 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
Customer Service Representative in a Bank?
Salary is 310K monthly?
Age is 31yrs
That means u got the job when u were 28yrs old
B.Sc Economics.

How did u get such job?

Cos the last time I checked, the age limit for Banks is 26yrs old.

Anyways..

I want to work as Customer Service Representative or Human Resource (HR) in any big company in Lagos. So I'm thinking Oil company's such as Shell, Chevron, ExxonMobile or any Oil Servicing Companies.

Or better still, PWC, Top Banks or any big company in Lagos.

I want a starting salary of N500K-N600K per month with benefits. If they can provide good housing, I don't mind. Do I really need a car? I'm not a car freak but if they do and get me a driver, I won't mind cos I don't know how to drive undecided

Well, I have a B.Sc degree only. That is enough to get in.

I don't have any Customer Service or HR certification. When I come in, I go digger am.

I need a kind hearted rich man or woman in Nigeria who is connected to someone in Nigeria that can help me to please help me.

If you are also a Politician who can help me, I dont mind.

It is connection I want please.

Dont ask me to send CV. I'm done sending CV's.

Thank you.

May God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Lisaint(m): 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
Wait

Kindly gist me on how u get the bank job!
Me sef go like apply!

Instead of this microfiance institute job
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Mccullum: 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
What is the full meaning of PWC please.
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by opalu: 1:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
Yes
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by Kobicove(m): 1:49pm On Dec 12, 2023
omotola90:

This requirement is not cast in stone

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by sulaak(m): 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
omotola90:

He has an MSc and years of work experience. Your first degree is now irrelevant.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by TheSociopath(m): 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
It's PwC, not PWC wink
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by sulaak(m): 1:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
Mccullum:
What is the full meaning of PWC please.

PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPERS
Re: Can I Still Work In PWC Or Any Of The BIG 4 by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2023
Let those in corporate world advice you on this.

Business people like us no dey put mouth for this kind matter.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures / Chevron Nupeng Members Block Entrance Due To Non Payment Of Dues (photos) / What Can A Young Graduate Gainfully Engage In Apart From Tech?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.