Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour (934 Views)

Buhari Conferred With Equatorial Guinea's Highest National Honour / Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour / Saturday Sun Reports: Gani Long Overdue For Nobel Peace Prize. What Say You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by Funkymallam(m): 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2011
Is our national honour meant for politicians and entertainers alone?
For a young man that has inspired alot of young minds within and outside Nigeria, i think he deserves a national honour frm d govt., a man that has place Nigeria  in the 'world map' with the biggest localised site.
What do u all think?
Re: Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by Sunofgod(m): 5:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
Funkymallam:

Is our national honour mwant for politicians and entertainers alone?
For a young man that has inspired alot of young minds within and outside Nigeria, i think he deserves a national honour frm d govt., a man that has place Nigeria  in the world map with the biggest localised site.
What do u all think?

Nonsense . . . .

Nairalanders are the ones that are responsible for the success of NL - not Seun.

I dare him to challenge me on this statement - cool
Re: Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by tpia5: 5:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
Nigeria was on the world map long before the internet - hello.

But maybe in certain circles and perhaps for people looking for partners (?) etc nl is indeed an euphany.

I'm not saying you shouldnt give seun an award if you're so inclined however.

But it would need to be after the tribalism section is shut down.
Re: Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by Pukkah: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
This site is worth commending but before you put up the owner for national honour, you should advise him to visibly do more in reining in or ridding the site of tribalists.

If they continue to roam without control or the site allowed to fall to the tribalists or scoundrels, they will turn the site into something less than national or even 'drive' out the quality posters. It is a good example of how bad money drives out good money from circulation.
Re: Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2011
Funkymallam:

Is our national honour meant for politicians and entertainers alone?
For a young man that has inspired alot of young minds within and outside Nigeria, i think he deserves a national honour frm d govt., a man that has place Nigeria  in the 'world map' with the biggest localised site.
What do u all think?

A national honour may compromise the 'integrity' of this site.
For this reason alone, I would ask Seun to eschew ALL national honours for now.
Re: Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by texazzpete(m): 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2011
Professors with over three decades of teaching experience receive no honours yet people like Aki and Pawpaw are being bestowed with honors.

So yes, since the awards seem to be handed out by drunkards, I understand why the OP can easily feel that Seun should be handed one too.
Re: Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by Odunnu: 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2011
Whats the awards again that was organised last year for Nigerians under 30yrs who'd made remarkable impact in their fields. I remember Chude Jideonwu, Chucks Roberts(Spaceman) and a lot of names i'd never come across even as a youth in Nigeria, these got nominated and won. Me thinks Seun deserves an award, a national award.
Re: Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by AfroBlue(m): 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2011
In my opinon the best way to honour Chairman Seun is for his staff to set up a donor/paypal section so Nairalanders can show him some love and help with the expenses.

Naira talks and B.S. walks!
Re: Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by muyoto: 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
texazzpete:

So yes, since the awards seem to be handed out by drunkards, I understand why the OP can easily feel that Seun should be handed one too.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by muyoto: 9:32pm On Oct 31, 2011
but then again the so-called National Honour is anything but that, considering not just the questionable characters that have received it in the past, but the reputation of those doing the bestowing--by this I mean the FG.

Achebe rejected it, so did Fawehinmi.
Re: Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by WhyAWhy(m): 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2011
National Award !!! . [falls off chair laughing in Igbo with some chinese accent grin grin] Are you fuckidding me?!
Re: Seun (Nairaland) Overdue For A National Honour by tlops(m): 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2011
they only give it to pot-bellied people. is Seun Pot-bellied?

(1) (Reply)

Satguru Maharaj-ji Wants Sanusi Lamido And Okonjo Iweala Sacked / Now That Awo, Balewa, Bello, Enaharo, Zik And Ojukwu Are Dead; Can We Unite ? / Nigerian Extra-judicial Killings: 7,198 Suspects Killed In Four Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.