Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

5 Ways For Effecting Change In Your Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Ways For Effecting Change In Your Life (2020 Views)

5 Ways To Achieve Instant Fame On Nairaland / What Bad Habits Would You Love To Change In 2006? / Happiest And Saddest Moments in Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways For Effecting Change In Your Life by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:31am On Nov 01, 2011
[size=13pt]Now people i have been creating some threads to improve oneself on the FORUM for couple of time now and i have been appreciated by several members by sending me emails to show how most of my threads have helped to achieve the unexpected ! . right now i would love to drop out five (5) ways to change your life. . .

Two reasons people are usually able to affect change are inspiration and desperation. Five ways to implement change are: the desire to change must come from within yourself, understanding that change is inevitable, learning to enjoy change, work for the changes you desire, keep that change in perspective, and relax; these five things can help you effectively deal with change.

Why Do People Change?

The two reasons people are usually able to affect change are:

Inspiration – you have a desire to be different than you perceive yourself to be today, and/or

Desperation – you’re forced to examine your life by some event – physical, emotional, or mental – that occurs in your life.

Both of these situations are excellent catalysts and motivation for change. But how do you go about it? What actions are necessary to produce that change?

Implement Change

We all deal with change, well or poorly, every day. The challenge for most of is not so much that we have change to deal with, but how well we manage it. Managing change well means less stress, less work, and more time to feel content, joyful, and fulfilled.

How can you manage change better? I’ve come up with five ideas I think can help all of us deal more successfully and smoothly with the change in our lives.

1. First and foremost, the desire to change must come from within yourself. You need to change your mind – your feelings. Facts are wonderful things to get your arms and your mind around, but how often have you made yourself aware of essential information and then acted in contrast to what that data tells you? Support from family, friends, co-workers, and others can be important (although this isn’t always the case), but you are solely and ultimately responsible for making the decision to change.

2. Understand that change is inevitable. Statisticians rely on the fact that the future will be very much like the past, because the future has always been much like the past. However, they recognize the Human Dilemma, posed by philosopher David Hume, which states that we don’t have any evidence that the future will be like the past. And honestly, though the future is always much like the past, it’s also always different in many ways. Once we accept that tomorrow will be different, we can accept those changes more readily when they come.

3. Learn to enjoy change. This sounds like a very tall order, but let’s think about it. Change often causes stress. But the body often does not know the difference between negative stress (distress) and positive stress, or excitement. We could just as readily be excited by the change, but we put a negative turn on it in our minds, and choose to feel threatened and upset rather than excited and joyous.

4. Work for the changes you desire. We all know that change is going to happen, whether we want it or not. We may not be happy with that state of affairs, but we do know that change is coming. What we can do to make that change more pleasant is to make sure that we’re actively helping to enact the changes we want.

5. Keep change in perspective and Relax . Sometimes we get so overwhelmed by the idea of change, that we see every change as equally threatening. Really, some changes are more important, and affect our lives more fully, than others. By learning to choose our battles with change, we can spend much less time worrying about and fighting small changes, and much more time learning to deal with the larger changes that really matter.

If you’ve done the other steps, if you know there’s going to be change, if you’re enjoying change as much as you can, working for the changes you want in your life and environment, and understanding which are big changes and which are major, then you’re doing all you can to deal with change. Relax. Enjoy your life.
[/size]
Re: 5 Ways For Effecting Change In Your Life by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2012
[size=13pt]I just hope u are ready to change your life for the better....as u are reading i recommend u showed find time to print out some of the important tips that would improve life . Thanks[/size]
Re: 5 Ways For Effecting Change In Your Life by PtBlank: 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2012
Ogaga4Luv: [size=13pt]I just hope u are ready to change your life for the better....as u are reading i recommend u showed find time to print out some of the important tips that would improve life . Thanks[/size]
Ogaga4Luv: [size=13pt]I just hope u are ready to change your life for the better....as u are reading i recommend u showed find time to print out some of the important tips that would improve life . Thanks[/size]

Great points you shared here. I have to start acting on some of these things. Meanwhile I read another thread you authored. Can I have your Email. Will like to send you a private mail. Regards.
Re: 5 Ways For Effecting Change In Your Life by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
[size=13pt]
Thank u my dear and it is my pleasur...yeah sure , u can have my mail contact here : onowighoseogaga@yahoo.com

regards - wink
[/size]

Pt Blank:

Great points you shared here. I have to start acting on some of these things. Meanwhile I read another thread you authored. Can I have your Email. Will like to send you a private mail. Regards.
Re: 5 Ways For Effecting Change In Your Life by faragai24: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
Magic is mentioned on several occasions in the Qur’an, but always with disapproval and condemnation. The Qur’an mentions that Pharaoh, who opposed the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him), had under his command a large group of magicians, and it describes their tricks as ‘great magic. But it also makes clear that there was no substance to what they did. It was simply pure deception, making people see what was not there. Hence, in the challenge put by Pharaoh to Moses, victory was clearly to Moses, because God transformed his staff into a large snake, but this was a real snake, not imaginary, and it ate all that the magicians produced by their false tricks, which was only a matter of false deception. There are reports about the Prophet being under a magic spell for a brief period of time, when he could imagine things that did not happen. But this is untrue. God says in the Qur’an: “The wrongdoers say: ‘The man you follow is certainly bewitched.’ See to what they liken you. They have certainly gone astray and are unable to find a way back (to the truth).” (17: 47-48 & 25: 8-9) This statement, repeated twice in the Qur’an, makes clear that only wrongdoers make such a claim about the Prophet, and that they are in error and cannot find a way back to the truth. This is a very clear denial by none other than God.

http://www.aljazeerah.info/Islam/Islamic%20subjects/2004%20subjects/October/What%20Does%20Islam%20Say%20About%20Magic.htm

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=90225
Re: 5 Ways For Effecting Change In Your Life by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2012
[size=13pt]Great information and thanks for sharing cool[/size]

faragai24: Magic is mentioned on several occasions in the Qur’an, but always with disapproval and condemnation. The Qur’an mentions that Pharaoh, who opposed the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him), had under his command a large group of magicians, and it describes their tricks as ‘great magic. But it also makes clear that there was no substance to what they did. It was simply pure deception, making people see what was not there. Hence, in the challenge put by Pharaoh to Moses, victory was clearly to Moses, because God transformed his staff into a large snake, but this was a real snake, not imaginary, and it ate all that the magicians produced by their false tricks, which was only a matter of false deception. There are reports about the Prophet being under a magic spell for a brief period of time, when he could imagine things that did not happen. But this is untrue. God says in the Qur’an: “The wrongdoers say: ‘The man you follow is certainly bewitched.’ See to what they liken you. They have certainly gone astray and are unable to find a way back (to the truth).” (17: 47-48 & 25: 8-9) This statement, repeated twice in the Qur’an, makes clear that only wrongdoers make such a claim about the Prophet, and that they are in error and cannot find a way back to the truth. This is a very clear denial by none other than God.

http://www.aljazeerah.info/Islam/Islamic%20subjects/2004%20subjects/October/What%20Does%20Islam%20Say%20About%20Magic.htm

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=90225

(1) (Reply)

Five Things Human Can't Do Without / How To Get Free 500# Airtime From Mtn For Free / Girl Beaten For Hiding Condom And Sperm I Her Pussy For Ritual Purpose (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.