Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,954 members, 7,814,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport (3028 Views)

Urgent Please Visa Officer Or Passport Agent Come In / Man Takes Selfie At Accident Scene That Killed Driver & Others / Which Countries’ Citizens Can Travel To The U.S. Without A Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Earlystar698(m): 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2023
A Russian-Israeli man flew from Denmark to Los Angeles without any necessary documents

Federal law enforcement has accused a Russian-Israeli dual national of stowing away on a November flight to Los Angeles from Copenhagen, Denmark. However, the mid-40s man wasn’t hiding in some secluded portion of the aircraft. He found a way to board the Scandinavian Airlines flight and take a seat without a ticket or passport. He claimed to the FBI that he didn’t know how he did it.

When Sergey Vladimirovich Ochigava landed at Los Angeles International Airport, customs officials couldn’t find his name on the manifest for his flight or any other flight. In English, he said that he left his passport on the plane. It wasn’t there. According to the Washington Post, officers searched his belongings and did find Russian and Israeli identification, but Ochigava had no document stating that he could enter the United States.

Ochigava boarded Scandinavian Airlines Flight 931 like any other passenger and took seat 36D, which was conveniently set to be empty. The cabin crew never noticed the discrepancy and allowed him to wander during the flight, changing seats.

According to the affidavit filed by FBI agent Caroline A. Walling, Ochigava told her and another FBI task force officer in a Nov. 5 interview that he hadn’t slept for three days and did not understand what was going on.

“Ochigava did not remember how he got on the plane in Copenhagen. Ochigava also would not explain how or when he got to Copenhagen or what he was doing there,” Walling said in the affidavit. She said he claimed he did not know how he had passed through security checks without a ticket.

Ochigava pleaded not guilty and is scheduled to appear in court on December 26. Regardless of the trial’s outcome, the incident raises questions about how Ochigava was able to circumvent security at Copenhagen Airport and board a flight without a ticket.

https://jalopnik.com/man-takes-flight-into-the-u-s-without-ticket-or-passpo-1851092487
Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by CoronaVirusPro: 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
"He claimed to the FBI that he didn’t know how he did it."

"he claimed he did not know how he had passed through security checks without a ticket."

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by SadiqBabaSani: 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2023
Big flop by security of the U.S of A

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Earlystar698(m): 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2023
I wish I can be this man and japa from Nigeria to the West especially New Zealand or Australia cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Earlystar698(m): 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:

Rather security of the Denmark

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by LOVEALAIGBO: 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
I have this reoccurring dream of preparing to travel without first sorting out my passport or visa! Basically, just procrastinating or forgetting entirely! Anyone else have this dream too?
Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Bliss52: 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2023
After 9/11 US TSA are still slack
Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by KillingJoke: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2023
The way american fat doofus are looking for woman to marry

I might sign up on bumble and look for one fat pig to use as my japa entity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by virginchaser(m): 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
Obviously, there is information the guy hasn't shared.

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by grandstar(m): 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:

The flop was by the Danish officials. The man couldn't pass immigration at the American Airport.

3 Likes

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Validated: 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:

Did you even read the story? How was it flop of USA security? Did he board in the US?

3 Likes

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by BoldBrainz(m): 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2023
Lol.

So that's how a terrorist would have strapped bombs to his body and conveniently walked into a plane full of innocent passengers because of the carelessness of the Danish airport security? Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by laivwire(m): 9:27pm On Dec 12, 2023
Our stowaways still dey learn work grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by ivolt: 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
Scary he got in without documentation.
He likely charmed his way into the play.
Hope this won't give bad people evil ideas.
Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Okoroawusa: 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2023
He didn't raise any suspicions either at the airport or on the plane simply because he is WHITE...any other thing una dey talk na side talk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Nicepoker(m): 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2023
Earlystar698:
I wish I can be this man and japa from Nigeria to the West especially New Zealand or Australia cheesy
You will come back in a cargo plane. grin

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Earlystar698(m): 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nicepoker:
You will come back in a cargo plane. grin
at least I go don enter US for free
Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Nicepoker(m): 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Copenhagen is in Denmark where he boarded the plane. Why are you blaming USA.

1 Like

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by FEGNO: 11:04pm On Dec 12, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Did you read the article at all? Someone bypassed security in Denmark but was accosted upon arrival into the US💁

2 Likes

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Urheadmaster(m): 12:28am On Dec 13, 2023
Had it been it happened in Nigeria, them for say him use Calabar JuJu or him belongs to the Edo state witches and vampires tongue

2 Likes

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by APOPTOSIS: 1:48am On Dec 13, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
It's such a shame that you hate the United States so much that you couldn't even read the story or possibly you read but never understood or will never understand what was written up there.

It's amazingly shameful that you rushed to display your ignorance before the world. It's pitiable
Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by APOPTOSIS: 1:49am On Dec 13, 2023
Nicepoker:
Copenhagen is in Denmark where he boarded the plane. Why are you blaming USA.
His brain is wired not to think whenever the United States is mentioned.
Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by ednut1(m): 2:27am On Dec 13, 2023
Some people are getting sacked in Copenhangen
Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Sirhush(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2023
Men things dey happen. I dey tell I once hear this. That you can go to any country you want by passing through a tree and you go meet your self for the country. I know many will not believe that. If you going to stay 5yrs is - from the year you to spend in life. But you going and coming back is just 2yrs. Many people who are into drugs know this..
Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by trollx: 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2023
Sirhush:
Men things dey happen. I dey tell I once hear this. That you can go to any country you want by passing through a tree and you go meet your self for the country. I know many will not believe that. If you going to stay 5yrs is - from the year you to spend in life. But you going and coming back is just 2yrs. Many people who are into drugs know this..
Firstly; learn how to compose good constructive English, for easy comprehension.
Nor come burst person brain with your tautology & blunders. Headache dey worry me🤢

No shades! No Offense!!

2 Likes

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by illicit(m): 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2023
Sirhush:
Are u high or something?

2 Likes

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by 1Alex: 8:10am On Dec 27, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
can you explain more, how is it a flop by US?
Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Drone95(m): 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2023
Idan grin

Re: Man Takes Flight Into The U.S. Without Ticket Or Passport by Jorussia(m): 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2023
Since he has Israeli passport he doesn't need visa to enter the united States.

(1) (Reply)

Live And Work In Slovenia / Advice Needed: Should He Travel To Germany Or Hustle In Abuja? / Its So Shameful That Nigerian Men Abroad End Up As A Burden To Their Host Cuntry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.