Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. (2845 Views)

Opportunity: $100 Grant For You, Each Person For Three Months From Lumi. Registe / 774,000 Jobs: Ogun Beneficiaries To Earn N1.2bn In Three Months / Kindly Help My Husband Before He Commits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Skillsmaster(m): 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2023
Good day nairalanders. Please come to my rescue. I will be brief as possible. Please ignore any grammatical or spelling error.
I lost my job (teaching job) two months to my wedding. About 10-15 of us lost our job in this same school, because of the economy of the country. I couldn't get any job after then, so I decided that I will postpone my wedding because of this but everyone except my younger brother kicked against it including my wife. I continued with the wedding plan believing that everything will fall in place soon. This is three months after my wedding, still no job. My wife has tried a lot, she has a shop and she has been very helpful all these while and I use to appreciate her for that. But of recent she started behaving somehow, which shows that she is tired of the situation and I am also tired of the situation. My wife told me that she can no longer continue like this. I was surprised because this is the same woman that was so angry when I told her about my plan to postpone the wedding. To be honest with you people, she has tried, I must commend her.
On my own side, I have searched for job to no avail, both teaching and non teaching. I reside in Abuja, I and one of my friends have trekked on many occasions submitting my own CV. Yet no call for interview. I am a mathematics teacher, before my marriage, I can't submit my CV in three to four schools without getting any invite for interview from two or all of them. But it is the opposite now.
I tried to get capital to even start a poultry farm because I am also good at that, but I couldn't get any. My wife is already "threatening the marriage" asking me to bring money which she knows that I don't have. She told me that she regrets this marriage and just saying all sort of things. She knows that I am not lazy. Even to get labourer work on site is not easy. I will stop here.

I am sorry for bothering you with this long write up. You can say anything you want to say but I will appreciate it if you can help out with a job. I want to have my home back. Thank you.

Note: I studied engineering. I worked as a site engineer for like two years before going into teaching.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by woginid967: 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
Hmmm, do you have any computer tech skills, so i can help you with a remote job?

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Holiyo(m): 12:37pm On Dec 13, 2023
There's time for everything. 3 months is too small for job searching and no luck. I'd ask you to try doing a business. You can as well work with your wife in her shop and the both of you put your heads together as to how you'd expand your shop. It's easier to take a business loan with a collateral especially if the business is registered. Teaching might be the easiest way to get a job in Nigeria but not the only way. Go to indeed and LinkedIn sites, create outstanding profiles then apply for jobs around Abuja with those profiles, you'll be surprised as to how the turn out will be. Don't give up on your marriage. There's still hope and three months is just too too early for you to start giving up. What about people who used years to hunt for jobs and still made it?

My final verdict: you and your wife should put your heads together and do one business, you don't know how it will turn out tomorrow. You can create two departments in your wife's shop, while she's selling provisions, you could be selling baked foods, cat fishes, etc. (don't be shy), by the time you start counting good money you won't regret it.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Skillsmaster(m): 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
Holiyo:
There's time for everything. 3 months is too small for job searching and no luck. I'd ask you to try doing a business. You can as well work with your wife in her shop and the both of you put your heads together as to how you'd expand your shop. It's easier to take a business loan with a collateral especially if the business is registered. Teaching might be the easiest way to get a job in Nigeria but not the only way. Go to indeed and LinkedIn sites, create outstanding profiles then apply for jobs around Abuja with those profiles, you'll be surprised as to how the turn out will be. Don't give up on your marriage. There's still hope and three months is just too too early for you to start giving up. What about people who used years to hunt for jobs and still made it?

My final verdict: you and your wife should put your heads together and do one business, you don't know how it will turn out tomorrow. You can create two departments in your wife's shop, while she's selling provisions, you could be selling baked foods, cat fishes, etc. (don't be shy), by the time you start counting good money you won't regret it.

God bless you sir. I will discuss it with her

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Skillsmaster(m): 12:42pm On Dec 13, 2023
woginid967:
Hmmm, do you have any computer tech skills, so i can help you with a remote job?

I can learn it sir
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Foodhub2023: 1:00pm On Dec 13, 2023
woginid967:
been out of job for 8 months pls help with any remote job. God knows how many times i have gone out to summit CV and online job.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Foodhub2023: 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2023
woginid967:
Pls help me drop ur emails so i can reach you sir
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by woginid967: 1:03pm On Dec 13, 2023
Foodhub2023:

Pls help me drop ur emails so i can reach you sir

Did you not read that it is a tech skill i was talking about?
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by emoboy4u: 2:08pm On Dec 13, 2023
I feel like I have seen this story on Nairaland before

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by CheedyJ(m): 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2023
Love isn't unconditional, the earlier you guys understands this the better.

8 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by CHARLOE(m): 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:
Good day nairalanders. Please come to my rescue. I will be brief as possible. Please ignore any grammatical or spelling error.
I lost my job (teaching job) two months to my wedding. About 10-15 of us lost our job in this same school, because of the economy of the country. I couldn't get any job after then, so I decided that I will postpone my wedding because of this but everyone except my younger brother kicked against it including my wife. I continued with the wedding plan believing that everything will fall in place soon. This is three months after my wedding, still no job. My wife has tried a lot, she has a shop and she has been very helpful all these while and I use to appreciate her for that. But of recent she started behaving somehow, which shows that she is tired of the situation and I am also tired of the situation. My wife told me that she can no longer continue like this. I was surprised because this is the same woman that was so angry when I told her about my plan to postpone the wedding. To be honest with you people, she has tried, I must commend her.
On my own side, I have searched for job to no avail, both teaching and non teaching. I reside in Abuja, I and one of my friends have trekked on many occasions submitting my own CV. Yet no call for interview. I am a mathematics teacher, before my marriage, I can't submit my CV in three to four schools without getting any invite for interview from two or all of them. But it is the opposite now.
I tried to get capital to even start a poultry farm because I am also good at that, but I couldn't get any. My wife is already "threatening the marriage" asking me to bring money which she knows that I don't have. She told me that she regrets this marriage and just saying all sort of things. She knows that I am not lazy. Even to get labourer work on site is not easy. I will stop here.

I am sorry for bothering you with this long write up. You can say anything you want to say but I will appreciate it if you can help out with a job. I want to have my home back. Thank you.

Note: I studied engineering. I worked as a site engineer for like two years before going into teaching.
D 1st mistake u made was going ahead with d wedding after losing ur job, u should have invested d money spent on d wedding, that's gone now, just an aside. Maths teachers are always in demand, reach out to ur former students parents for home lessons, put out adverts even on nl, talk to people u know. Maths is a challenge to most students, n many parents are looking for home tutor for their wards. Reach out to friends n family, former classmates.
This is a lesson to young men; invest in yourself B4 marriage, most women are desperate to get married cos of societal pressure, after wedding eye go clear if u can't provide n their true colors comes out. A woman's love is conditional on d premise u provide.
My advice is; focus on yourself, it's a serious physical n mental battle, but you'd succeed. Don't bother too much about your wife, if d heat too much at home, find somewhere relocate to temporarily, u need to guard ur heart diligently n have a clear head to map out a plan/strategy. What skills do u have, can u drive? Then Uber/bolt is an option, consider volunteering etc think, plan n work on it. Good luck bro

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by ogawisdom(m): 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2023
Why the rush to get married without sorting out your finances. Except your over 45yrs it was a silly mistake.

Marriage should wait till a man is financially stable with stable source of income (except he is 45yrs).

Marriage doesnt benefit a man, its just a place to be receiving steady billing grin grin

Once you add a child to this picture then you are buried in a life of struggle.

Ladies are loyal to their emotions and feelings which will always change with conditions.

No woman loves a man, they only love what you can provide, only a man can love actually.

Just continue searching for any work to start earning, he who has fallen fears no fall

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by bmasz(m): 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2023
woginid967:

Did you not read that it is a tech skill i was talking about?

Which one are you interested in.

I am an IT project manager and also do product management
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by id4sho(m): 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2023
You fell for daughters of eve trap. Pele oOoOO, tongue
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by NwaliE01: 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2023
Holiyo:

You're the best 👌

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by TheOnlyKing: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2023
woginid967:

Please I need remote jobs too, I’m good at graphics designing
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by IamAsiri: 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:

Your wife is just frustrated. She definitely doesn't mean what she is saying. This economy can do that for anyone. All will be well. Have you tried online tutorship since you teach mathematics?

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Gloriouspurpose: 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
💯💯💯💯

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by DKM123: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:

Just imagine. Someone who studied a difficult course as Engineering. After all the years in school is searching for even a teaching job. This country is eating it's young. So sad!

6 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by ZaRuleOfLaw: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2023
cool
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Tabletuner(m): 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2023
IamAsiri:

Your wife is just frustrated. She definitely doesn't mean what she is saying. This economy can do that for anyone. All will be well. Have you tried online tutorship since you teach mathematics?

I think you should look into this
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by indoorlove(m): 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2023
Which part of Abuja are you. I would like to know because if you reside in the town, (Gwarinpa, Kubwa, Dawaki ) I can get you a home lesson that will sustain you for the main time.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Skillsmaster(m): 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2023
indoorlove:
Which part of Abuja are you. I would like to know because if you reside in the town, (Gwarinpa, Kubwa, Dawaki ) I can get you a home lesson that will sustain you for the main time.

I reside in Dei Dei - should I drop my number?
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Nicepoker(m): 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2023
You gave room for a woman to misled you. Now see yourself outside.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by dada01(m): 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2023
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by indoorlove(m): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:

I reside in Dei Dei - should I drop my number?
I'm looking at transport to Gwarinpa from Dei-Dei
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Gadafii: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2023
You allowed stupid love to be loud your judgement and reasonings, you for just postponed the wedding to save your self all this wahala

I don’t know which advise to give you like this tho, na you know as he take Dey be for your body, na your cross, na you go carry am by yourself

As a man if you can’t comfortably feed and house 4 family members in a decent and secure environment, I see no reason why you shouldn’t be getting married, marriage that is full of wahala normally even if you are well to do with, na him you carry empty hands go enter

Not many usually survive this kind situation, if you are lucky Your story can change for good and in years time you will tell stories of how you started, but for other young men out there willing to get married, learn from this man

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Eazie351(m): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2023
Where’s everyone that kicked against the postponement of the wedding now?

Visit them one by one and return the favors of the kicks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Tohsynetita1: 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:

it's so disheartening, what I can do for you is to teach you some farming and export for free, if I mean farming, I don't mean your regular planting of maize, cassava etc. But any of the following:
sunflower farming, castor farming, mushroom farming, jathropha farming, BSF Bio soldier flies. it's very economical to start. You need few funds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by boldx(m): 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
Skillsmaster:

DM me.
Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by sammirano: 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
STOP saying your wife tried. She never tried angry three months and not three years. I detest impatient people.
Back to you, you have to think YOU first, forget your wife, if she wants to leave, goodbye to her. you need to fix yourself up. As a maths teacher you should be accustomed to solving problems, this should not be intractable.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Marriage Of Three Months About To Collapse. by Englishisamust: 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2023
woginid967:

Boss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lng Second Test Format / I Just Got A Job Via Nairaland$jobmag....pls I Need My Continous Prayers!!! / Any Idea About Dis Coy "SUPERHEADS"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.