Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,989 members, 7,952,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:26 AM

Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters (8707 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima Grantel Bail By Court Of Appeal / Baba Suwe Excretes 16 Pellets Of Cocaine, Cries Like Baby / NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by alienvirus: 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2011
Popular comedian  Babatunde Omidina -"Baba Suwe"- made his first public appearance today at a Lagos high court in Ikeja as directed by a judge.

Justice Yetunde Idowu had ordered that the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) produce the comedian in court after his lawyer filed a human rights enforcement lawsuit at the court.

At today's hearing the Lagos judge granted Baba Suwe bail in the sum of N500,000 with the condition that the bail will only take effect immediately after a 15-day court ordered detention that lapses on November 4.

The judge ordered that Baba Suwe must be released by the NDLEA on Novemeber 4 2011 if no drug is found in his body.

The NDLEA had approached a federal high court to obtain an order to further detain and observe the comedian after the agency carried out tests which showed the strange pellets suspected to be hard drugs ingested by the comedian were still squelched inside his stomach.

The NDLEA arrested Baba Suwe after an airport full body scanner flagged him at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport on October 12 2011 as he made to board an Air France flight to Paris

Baba Suwe's   counsel,  Bamidele Aturu, told SaharaReporters that he was processing the bail terms as at the time of writing this report.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 01, 2011
Source?
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by alienvirus: 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2011
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2011
Ok
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by shadrach77: 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
you don't need to be a genius to figure out that the whole scenario has been well scripted - why didn't ndlea challenge the order to produce him in court? bringing him to court was just to save face and give him a leeway to freedom - if he hadn't been a celebrity he might have been released without even needing to appear in court - 9ja! may God help us! angry angry angry
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by Akingbiz: 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2011
May God help us.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by learnit: 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2011
BLACK MAGIC HAS DONE IT AGAIN, LET THESE ANJONU WHO KEPT THE COCAINE IN BABA SUWE STOMACH BE SUMMON TO ABUJA TO BEAT SENSE INTO OUR LEADERS[/flash]
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by switch47(m): 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2011
shadrach77:

you don't need to be a genius to figure out that the whole scenario has been well scripted - why didn't ndlea challenge the order to produce him in court? bringing him to court was just to save face and give him a leeway to freedom - if he hadn't been a celebrity he might have been released without even needing to appear in court - 9ja! may God help us! angry angry angry
  Do you have a personal Knowledge of what is going on inside NDLEA ?? as far as am concerned there is nothing scripted here, Baba suwe's lawyer has filled a Fundamental rights application and the court ordered appropriately . the law does not permit a person to be held in custody indefinitely .
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by dayokanu(m): 3:35pm On Nov 01, 2011
Baba Suwe 2 NDLEA 0

Now they should go and look for 1billion naira
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by bisiaet: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2011
Do you have a personal Knowledge of what is going on inside NDLEA ?? as far as am concerned there is nothing scripted here, Baba suwe's lawyer has filled a Fundamental rights application and the court ordered appropriately . the law does not permit a person to be held in custody indefinitely .  

Correct.

Too long than necessary.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by unongu(m): 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
This matter is a very simple matter, If people are insinuating that Baba Suwe used juju to prevent himself from excreting the drugs inside his stomach, then NDLEA should visit the thickest forests of Ijebu-ode, Okija shrine, and the strongest mallam in Kano to obtain a more potent juju that would cancel the one Baba Suwe has and force him to shit the drugs. If NDLEA already have juju, what they need to do is to upgrade on the already existing juju and Baba Suwe will SHIT drugs. Simple.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by partyprofs(m): 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2011
dats a good news for his family and friends.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by tlops(m): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2011
so where did the news that he was crying like a baby originated from? shocked shocked
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by ochukoccna: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2011
learnit:

BLACK MAGIC HAS DONE IT AGAIN, LET THESE ANJONU WHO KEPT THE COCAINE IN BABA SUWE STOMACH BE SUMMON TO ABUJA TO BEAT SENSE INTO OUR LEADERS[/flash]
Black magic whey no fit stop black man slavery?
Whey no help una discover technological breakthroughs? undecided undecided undecided undecided
BM that serves only to do evil courtesy of what Nollywood dishes out brainlessly! tongue tongue tongue tongue
Subscribe to it sharp sharp wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by gbolahan1(m): 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2011
Hehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin Baba suwe saga
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by umechuma: 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2011
learnit:

Who told you black magic exist?
If it does,why not find cure for[b] HIV/AIDS[/b] that is about killing most Africans
I pity for brainwashed people especially the semi-educated ones
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by alex406(m): 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2011
Good news, watch out for the film.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by pillarbase: 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2011
more to come,watch out for part two,the concluding part.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by allboyz(m): 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2011
**** In Yoruba Voice**** O YA GBE TI - Season3 - GRAB YOUR COPY NOW!!!!
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by freecocoa(f): 7:17pm On Nov 01, 2011
Abeg they should get it over with this baba suwe rubbish,its beginning to sound boring joor.
All of us know say him swallow something,na naija we dey.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by Pukkah: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2011
freecocoa:

Abeg they should get it over with this baba suwe rubbish,its beginning to sound boring joor.
All of us know say him swallow something,na naija we dey.

How many of you know that he swallowed something?  Were you there when he swallowed it? Do you realize that you've just made yourself an accessory?
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by Pukkah: 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2011
ochukoccna:

Whey no help una discover technological breakthroughs? undecided undecided undecided undecided
BM that serves only to do evil courtesy of what Nollywood dishes out brainlessly! tongue tongue tongue tongue

Don't mind them. Many people like to live illusory lives.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by Adaspire2: 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2011
I suspected NDLEA leaped on a rumor and see where it has landed them, the ridicule, Baba Suwe please press for charges jare- N10b
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by CyberG: 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2011
I hope this pathetic dumb-headed bangers NDLEA get sued into insolvency for their inept handling of this issue. Plus, some of the commentators here appear as dumb-headed and would do well to join the already retarded NDLEA.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by badboym: 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
Why did he have to pay 500 thousand naira?Does that means anyone travelling abroad should have at least 500 thousand naira for bail in case of harassment by the NDLEA? Naija,
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by learnit: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2011
ochukoccna:

umechuma:

Who told you black magic exist?
If it does,why not find cure for[b] HIV/AIDS[/b] that is about killing most Africans
I pity for brainwashed people especially the semi-educated ones

these does not mean black magic is not in existence, I have seen people will black magic bullet proof, i have seen lots of things done with black magic if you want proof come around to oke ogun area and ee things yourself, aye mbe eyan si wa
only that people with potent power are scarcely come by,
i have seen people shot dead in their dreams, i have seen wound that cant be healed, i have seen lots and lots of evil confession, eating in dreams, and having sex in dream and it look too real in the physical, i have seen someone killed by thunder i can count on and on, if you are doubtful maybe you are from VI lekki or abuja, juju is real my people, if you are in doubt call on me and we can go for excursion. lol
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 01, 2011
I don't believe in black medicine,though i won't be gullible to say it does'nt exist,or CAN IT BE THE TRACES OF WHAT HE HAD CARIED SOMETIME AGO AND GOT LUCKY.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by fyomer: 7:02am On Nov 02, 2011
[size=15pt]IF BABA SUWE HAPPENS TO BE AN IBO MAN,HELL WILL LET LOOSE.SHAME. [/size]
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by Pukkah: 7:44am On Nov 02, 2011
fyomer:

[size=15pt]IF BABA SUWE HAPPENS TO BE AN IBO MAN,HELL WILL LET LOOSE.SHAME. [/size]

What does this mean?
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by Ignatio(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2011
badboym:

Why did he have to pay 500 thousand naira?Does that means anyone travelling abroad should have at least 500 thousand naira for bail in case of harassment by the NDLEA? Naija,
I wonder o. Besides, what did he do that he should pay such an amount for bail.
Re: Baba Suwe Granted Bail By Court - SaharaReporters by freecocoa(f): 8:36am On Nov 02, 2011
Pukkah:

How many of you know that he swallowed something?  Were you there when he swallowed it? Do you realize that you've just made yourself an accessory?
Come and arrest me na.
Accessory ko,jewelry ni.

Oga listen,there was a detection of something in his stomach and whatever it is,is still there,I wrote he swallowed"something"did I name what it was?it could be amala for all I know and care,I'm not dumb dear,if I even say this where I could be interrogated,I know how to defend myself so don't come here and try to be a know it all.FYI this is NL I can say whatever I want without having to worry about anyone trailing my sexy a ss,so chill out,we are together,ighota go?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Sister Janet Celebrates Her Brother Rematch Win, Shares Photo / Cardi B And Her Husband Offset Gets A Whole Food Truck To Their House / Charly Boy Full Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.