Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man (52206 Views)

Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son / Cacudu Benson's First Wife Now Homeless (Video) / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by SojiSojio: 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
Sorry

1 Share

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Elsueno: 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
This papa just isn't interesting in returning, from all accounts he can easily go back to the U.S if he so wishes
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Jostoman: 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
May be you are in their prison for the period of that 30years. So stop discouraging people that want to go.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by nikdam: 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
What I don't understand is why he forgot his family in Nigeria and decided to get another family over there.[/quote]

Selfishness. Many of them like that who don't care about anyone else but themselves alone.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by woodr5711: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2023
World of keyboard warrior

Update 🔥💯🔥🔥
https:///DtaVICrojnk95c2XDh9Pxq
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by busomma: 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2023
This man is talking rubbish. He should tell the truth why he was deported & banned from entering any of those countries.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by WorldRichest: 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
Alphamarine:
Torrr

Go meet your brother Tinubu

Yoruba Ronu

So it is true that there are some wild covered in human skin, here is one of them. Ogun go kill your Mama soon
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by haphizz57(m): 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2023
Life drama
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by millionboi2: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Why would a banker leave Nigeria in the 80s, travel to the UK in search of greener pastures, and then end up at a Bible college?

What unresolved tension or underlying mental health condition was he masking at the time, by using religion to self-medicate?

I wish Mr Ibironke well as he journeys to find renewal of spirit. We all deserve second chances. cool

even today some bankers still do
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by tyinfinity: 1:56pm On Dec 16, 2023
Sucre6:
Eyahh, just go get your Agbado I.D card from your fellow brothers, nah only them the government favour grin, Mr ipob this your condition is getting worse everyday
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2023
D4gmail1:
No insult meant, This alone says a lot why your life is the way it is. You live life as it comes.

Where’s your passport?

I misplaced it. I declared it missing and the British Government replaced it, but it went missing again. I went back for the passport and I was told that I was careless with the British property and that it wouldn’t be replaced for me.

This got me, passport misplaced twice.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by TruthsFM: 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hmm 🤔 Nawaoooo
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Whitecoal711: 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
You go do agbero for UK
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Shikena(m): 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
May not be fully related to this story but Nigerians japaing to the US and other places should make sure they fully leverage the system.

Many of our people carry their cheap and myopic mindset abroad. I know many that opted for "higher pay" contract jobs against full-time jobs with all sorts of employee benefits, all sorts of employee insurance & retirement plans but lower take home pay.

Some are hustlers and business owners but gaming the system for higher income and losing out on social security & other benefits to secure their future. There are investment options available for them but they ignore.

For example, past data shows just $6,500 from your paycheck a year invested in Roth IRA, i think, has yielded $60,000 a year average in retirement. Many also get substantial social security monthly paychecks, e.g. $2000 a month SSN check goes a long way but you have to contribute well while active.

We love the bling bling of today, which is good but tomorrow is unknown and our plans must accommodate that. We need to move away from seeing children as retirement plan to leaving generational investment plans to children as beneficiaries.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by inoki247: 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
thesicilian:

But this man was prosperous in Nigeria and even abroad. Did you read the part he said he was going from US to Japan to import electronics? The guy was well to do.
What I don't understand is why he forgot his family in Nigeria and decided to get another family over there.

Lol naturally before you can Japa you must prosper in Nigeria first unless you want to.trek dere....

Japa fee, processing cost Alot that if you're poor is only grace of God that can help you to run it....

What I'm just saying is that some people don't really know what they want from life that they just Japa because they want to try something new or just want a better atmosphere without even knowing derr Purpose....

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by pannyman(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
The man is not so coherent. He said he left Nigeria in 1983 or 1984. That was 40 years ago, not 30.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by pannyman(m): 2:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
delishpot:
Very foolish man that followed the stupid "Your wife is not your blood" mantra these chewing gum males throw around.
You call all your family to show document then hand d it to your wife in front of them? You are very stupid indeed. You no remove one for her Incase.
When I learnt that family sometimes don't want the best for you years ago is the day I asked my sis to talk to one big woman friend of hers in civil service that I am job hunting. Na so this babe tell me say I no dey reason like who get sense. That my mates that are getting jobs, did anyone help them get the job? I was like wow. No vex. Thank God for where I am today.

You should be grateful to her. Are you not better off today?
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by porka: 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Why would a banker leave Nigeria in the 80s, travel to the UK in search of greener pastures, and then end up at a Bible college?

What unresolved tension or underlying mental health condition was he masking at the time, by using religion to self-medicate?

I wish Mr Ibironke well as he journeys to find renewal of spirit. We all deserve second chances. cool

There is no underlying anything. That's the way blacks are wired.

That is the most convenient way to avoid life's responsibility.

Give him one million chances in life is will end up the same way.

Did you not read him saying that the RCCG people too got fed up?

He started a programme in Unilag in the 1980s, he abandoned it for a greener pasture (a security guard).

Many Africans or blacks do not live for any meaningful purpose in life.

They just live to 'enjoy' life without even knowing what enjoyment mean.

Oh, my friends are traveling abroad, let me leave my work and travel too.

Ahhhh, my friend's misfortune is not my portion...

Most blacks around the world hardly take a thought of anything before they commit their lives and resources into it.

Black people are not guided by sense and thorough analysis but impulse and emotions.

We never take a stock of what would happen if we took this or that decision. What can possibly go wrong?
What would I do if my permutations fall off the mark? How quickly can I make those adjustments? What resources do I have?
What is the exit strategy? What are the social networks to help me cushion the impact? How long could this adventure take?
What is even the essence of it?

It happens till this day.

Just imagine people not bothering about handing 4 years of their entire lives to useless politicians and making projections for another 4 years to be similarly wasted.

For blacks, time, purpose, legacy, responsibility and critical thinking are not high stakes.

A typical black person's life revolves around food, partying, human and object worship, debauchery, vain glory, wild hysteria and shifting responsibility to some gods.

The man was going to Japan for business (if true) but he couldn't care what might happen during business down time.

He was just satisfied with being the 'only successful' black man in the white dominated county.

Just one Italian or Indian would achieve the same feat and the whole place will be filled with Italians or Indians so that they have a social security system and buffer against hard time.

Not Africans. Not blacks. The black man doesn't understand such concept.

All the time he was sponsoring his nephew through school, his own child was going through hard times.

He doesn't even know where the other children are in America.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by 7upnigeria: 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tjra:
Sad. It is well with him.

Don't ruin this thread. The story has so many learning points.

If person enter you sissies now, e go be like say we dey bully una.

Your Oga for rubbish comments- Taylor89, na we chase am commot. Two can play the game.

Be warned

Dont pity those Igbos at all, ordinary traders that think they're the best thing to happen to Nigeria. If they give you one slap, dont hesitate to give back 5 and continue until you're exhausted. I've always believed the best form of defense is to ATTACK. In football, if somebody beat you 1-0, it means you were goo and could have also won. But if the team beats you 5- 0, forget it, they're better than you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Abdulhakeem7(m): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
Alphamarine:
Torrr

Go meet your brother Tinubu

Yoruba Ronu
You didn't read this article, is it Tinubu that is family that took over his property? Was Tinubu the president as at the 80s when he left Nigeria for greener pastures? Was Tinubu the one responsible for his bewitchment? Guy, try to be sensible na
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by ud4u: 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
What a wasted years
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by djon78(m): 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2023
Teckwizard56:
most Nigerians who travel abroad don't make it there

Only 10% of those who go make it

And those 10% are ones with legal papers

If you see how Nigerians are suffering abroad eh

You go mercy for them
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by pappilo(m): 2:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
I can see why he ended up in a psychiatric hospital. This man has mental health issues and its quite obvious he is making outlandish claims.

Did you become a UK citizen?

I had a British passport.

Where’s your passport?

I misplaced it. I declared it missing and the British Government replaced it, but it went missing again. I went back for the passport and I was told that I was careless with the British property and that it wouldn’t be replaced for me.

1. The UK government wont refuse to replace your passport even if you lose it a hundred times.

I was working. I worked as a security officer after I was trained as a security guard at Burns International Security Services Limited, United Kingdom. I was trained as an armed guard. When I moved to the US, I also worked with them for a while.

2. You cant train as an armed guard in the UK. No such thing exists. The only people who can be armed in the UK are members of the security services.

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by observanc1: 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2023
Azazyel:
Nawa for this man o. You left your wife and children in Nigeria to suffer. You then went ahead to marry again abroad. grin instead of bringing your wife and kids to join you. Now I see where the problems came from
when asked if he had a wife and children, he said yes, an American. Down the line started talking about his 'Nigerian' wife. He was married here with 2 children, abandoned them and moved to UK. Rather than inviting them to UK, he moved to US and married americana. And that one has abandoned him.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by PHAYOL81: 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2023
Too bad some people solely live their lives basically just to destroy anothers, but always end up doomed themselves.

God saves us
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by PoliteActivist: 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
Basicend:
To those indomie genz that says there is no witchcraft and foundational principalities. .

I pity you. . Africa is deep in evil before the whites came, and you can't rule that impact out of its offspring.

Witchcraft and evil is real. . God and spirituality is very real too.

They can wait for you at the middle of your years, or even towards the end.

This man was clearly stripped naked from the spirit and his physical hands and body were rendered useless.

*Politeness*

That's the big difference between us and whites and why they'd always be ahead of us.
In their culture this man would be studied, analyzed, treated, and cured, AND a case history will be opened on him and people will study him and his treatment for their PhD's, and in future generations.
In Africa, it is spiritual, end of story. And we'll be looking for who caused it on him, and babalawo or priest that will cure him. Despite the fact that this has never advanced us in any way. Even when the British were approaching with few men to attack Benin empire, instead of preparing or negotiating, they were busy doing countless human sacrifices. And even though it didn't work at all, that didn't make them stop believing in such till today!

3 Likes

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by observanc1: 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2023
Princewill1:
1. Not finishing your university education in Nigeria.

2. Didn't took possession of the documents of your property in Nigeria before japaing to UK.

3. Didn't took care of your Nigerian Wife and children when he japa-ed to the UK.

4. Lost your UK passport twice.

5. Not knowing the wayabout of your American wife and children in the US.

6. Can't even recall the names of your Children in the US.

7. Didn't have his name on anything in 3 countries; Nigeria, UK and US after spending nearly 80yrs in these countries.

The is a case of a disorganized man
for no 6, he said he didn't want to disclose the names of his children

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
Basicend:
To those indomie genz that says there is no witchcraft and foundational principalities. .

I pity you. . Africa is deep in evil before the whites came, and you can't rule that impact out of its offspring.

Witchcraft and evil is real. . God and spirituality is very real too.

They can wait for you at the middle of your years, or even towards the end.

This man was clearly stripped naked from the spirit and his physical hands and body were rendered useless.

You superstitious people are always desperately looking out for anything to justify things that do not exist

This man's problem was a medical/psychiatric one, and has nothing to do with witchcraft
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by OvertheTop(m): 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2023
thesicilian:

But this man was prosperous in Nigeria and even abroad. Did you read the part he said he was going from US to Japan to import electronics? The guy was well to do.
What I don't understand is why he forgot his family in Nigeria and decided to get another family over there.

To be a Citizen, You might have to Get Married to a citizen like you are Single....

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by TimT: 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2023
porka:

There is no underlying anything. That's the way blacks are wired.

That is the most convenient way to avoid life's responsibility.

Give him one million chances in life is will end up the same way.

Did you not read him saying that the RCCG people too got fed up?

He started a programme in Unilag in the 1980s, he abandoned it for a greener pasture (a security guard).

Many Africans or blacks do not live for any meaningful purpose in life.

They just live to 'enjoy' life without even knowing what enjoyment mean.

Oh, my friends are traveling abroad, let me leave my work and travel too.

Ahhhh, my friend's misfortune is not my portion...

Most blacks around the world hardly take a thought of anything before they commit their lives and resources into it.

Black people are not guided by sense and thorough analysis but impulse and emotions.

We never take a stock of what would happen if we took this or that decision. What can possibly go wrong?
What would I do if my permutations fall off the mark? How quickly can I make those adjustments? What resources do I have?
What is the exit strategy? What are the social networks to help me cushion the impact? How long could this adventure take?
What is even the essence of it?

It happens till this day.

Just imagine people not bothering about handing 4 years of their entire lives to useless politicians and making projections for another 4 years to be similarly wasted.

For blacks, time, purpose, legacy, responsibility and critical thinking are not high stakes.

A typical black person's life revolves around food, partying, human and object worship, debauchery, vain glory, wild hysteria and shifting responsibility to some gods.

The man was going to Japan for business (if true) but he couldn't care what might happen during business down time.

He was just satisfied with being the 'only successful' black man in the white dominated county.

Just one Italian or Indian would achieve the same feat and the whole place will be filled with Italians or Indians so that they have a social security system and buffer against hard time.

Not Africans. Not blacks. The black man doesn't understand such concept.

All the time he was sponsoring his nephew through school, his own child was going through hard times.

He doesn't even know where the other children are in America.
how I wish I can like tis your post more than once

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by BigIyanga: 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2023
Lack of self accountability is his problem.
Went to Unilag, didnt finish and Japad
Went to London, from security to bible college.. no consistency. Lost his passport 2x.

Went to US, worked with FBI, Police ( with what type of paper and clearance?) and started electronic importation biz? What happened to mastering and being consistent?

He didnt how got sick. He didnt know how lost his British passport. He didnt know how got to Naija.. somebodu is lying or he’s a man child who has refused to grow up
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by djon78(m): 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
Segzy19:
Sad sad story!

His brother, Williams Ibironke ruined him...

That's why sometimes it is risky to trust family members when you are abroad, especially when you are building or investing in some projects back home. They will want to take over that building, project or business, and not want you to return home to it... And if you are adamant to return, they attack you spiritually such that you run mad and forget about the project or never get yourself again... They Amy even kill you....

Again, another downside of japa to marry foreign ladies. Most of them won't hesitate to leave you in situations like this, as they don't understand stuffs like spiritual attacks from home. They will leave with your kids ...

I pray God helps this man. Otherwise, he may not even see his children again .. All efforts and years wasted

Sad story .

Life is Life...

Marrying oyibo or abroad women is very risky

A very big Doctor I knew as a kid in mid 1980s married a German woman and had 2 son's when he studied there

When he came back to Nigeria early 1990s the oyibo woman cut of from him

He came back and his people married another woman for him here
Had 3 children 2 boys and a girl here

What saved the Doctor was that he was the son of a very wealthy Igbo man in the 1960s

So on coming back
He as first son had majority of his now dead fathers assets

He later died in the 2005
His wife and Nigerian children now got hold of those his father's assets and sold some worth hundreds of millions today

But those his 2 sons in Germany by oyibo woman became big German Doctors

But they never related with there father

The Doctor died of stroke due to heart break from not relating with his 2 sons in Germany

Because the ones he had here in his firfties were just finishing secondary School when he died

People must be careful about abroad Japa cause it's not as we think
Honestly

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Wife's Birthday Wish List To Husband After He Asked For What She Wants / Share Your Stay At Home Experience With Your Partner. / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.