Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man (52197 Views)

Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son / Cacudu Benson's First Wife Now Homeless (Video) / 15-Year-Old Chinwe Married To Older Man Has Been Returned To Her Parents (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Timetravel88: 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2023
LagosG:
Someone said the brain drain of today will be the brain gain of tomorrow.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

80% of people wey dey Japa will be trapped in the system they are japaing to from debt. Even citizens of those countries are trapped in it too. This man's story get as e be so I won't comment directly on it.

Japa for many Nigerians in today's western society is self exile and multi generational transfer. Most of them will never come back again let alone their children.
The socio-economic model is designed in such a way that humans becomes fuel to keep the economy running. It's a vicious cycle of a complex symbiotic relationship, once you are plugged in it takes only a few months to realize that you are trapped. It gets worse if you have no exit strategy.

2 Likes

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by mclloyd22: 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
It’s a pity from me. But judging from what I read baba you contributed to what’s wrong with you. How can a man keep loosing UK passport twice?? After reading this one nothing you fit tell me again…. I know village people exist but……
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Nazgul: 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2023
D4gmail1:
No insult meant, This alone says a lot why your life is the way it is. You live life as it comes.

Where’s your passport?

I misplaced it. I declared it missing and the British Government replaced it, but it went missing again. I went back for the passport and I was told that I was careless with the British property and that it wouldn’t be replaced for me.
Truth is so many Nigerians are careless. Imagine loosing your passport twice under the space of one year.

That alone tells how unserious he was with life.

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Areacleo: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2023
D4gmail1:
No insult meant, This alone says a lot why your life is the way it is. You live life as it comes.

Where’s your passport?

I misplaced it. I declared it missing and the British Government replaced it, but it went missing again. I went back for the passport and I was told that I was careless with the British property and that it wouldn’t be replaced for me.
i don't want to believe any British officer will ever say that even if you misplace your passport twenty times they will replace it for you.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by garbasanimusa30(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
This life no balance o
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by chuksbobby12: 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
While Away
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by djon78(m): 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
porka:

There is no underlying anything. That's the way blacks are wired.

That is the most convenient way to avoid life's responsibility.

Give him one million chances in life is will end up the same way.

Did you not read him saying that the RCCG people too got fed up?

He started a programme in Unilag in the 1980s, he abandoned it for a greener pasture (a security guard).

Many Africans or blacks do not live for any meaningful purpose in life.

They just live to 'enjoy' life without even knowing what enjoyment mean.

Oh, my friends are traveling abroad, let me leave my work and travel too.

Ahhhh, my friend's misfortune is not my portion...

Most blacks around the world hardly take a thought of anything before they commit their lives and resources into it.

Black people are not guided by sense and thorough analysis but impulse and emotions.

We never take a stock of what would happen if we took this or that decision. What can possibly go wrong?
What would I do if my permutations fall off the mark? How quickly can I make those adjustments? What resources do I have?
What is the exit strategy? What are the social networks to help me cushion the impact? How long could this adventure take?
What is even the essence of it?

It happens till this day.

Just imagine people not bothering about handing 4 years of their entire lives to useless politicians and making projections for another 4 years to be similarly wasted.

For blacks, time, purpose, legacy, responsibility and critical thinking are not high stakes.

A typical black person's life revolves around food, partying, human and object worship, debauchery, vain glory, wild hysteria and shifting responsibility to some gods.

The man was going to Japan for business (if true) but he couldn't care what might happen during business down time.

He was just satisfied with being the 'only successful' black man in the white dominated county.

Just one Italian or Indian would achieve the same feat and the whole place will be filled with Italians or Indians so that they have a social security system and buffer against hard time.

Not Africans. Not blacks. The black man doesn't understand such concept.

All the time he was sponsoring his nephew through school, his own child was going through hard times.

He doesn't even know where the other children are in America.

You spoke nothing but the truth

It's a very big general problem for the black man

They only live for the now
As long as they get basic things they are ok
No legacies, no plans for the future generations

Just take a good look at Nigeria

This man's story is a very big lesson for everyone of us

We should live for legacies
Live and ensure that the future generations are well built up and prepared for the future

Not just our families but other people we can influence positively

Honestly living selfishly is terrible

Example look at present British prime minister sunak who is of Indian origin

His parents are migrants originally from India, but first migrated to Africa in the 1960s before moving to the UK

He is well read and through family and Indian connections built a good career

Very wealthy today

He also married right the daughter of An Indian business tycoon billionare who owned info system a global IT Company

Very well planned and organized Life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by descarado: 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
Basicend:
To those indomie genz that says there is no witchcraft and foundational principalities. .

I pity you. . Africa is deep in evil before the whites came, and you can't rule that impact out of its offspring.

Witchcraft and evil is real. . God and spirituality is very real too.

They can wait for you at the middle of your years, or even towards the end.

This man was clearly stripped naked from the spirit and his physical hands and body were rendered useless.
How old are you cos indomie came to Nigeria in middle 80s. That's like 40yrs old. Remind me how old soludo was before he became an econometrician Prof.
Una go dey open mouth like radio without battery.
No substance
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by okunwaye(m): 3:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tjra:
Sad. It is well with him.

Don't ruin this thread. The story has so many learning points.

If person enter you sissies now, e go be like say we dey bully una.

Your Oga for rubbish comments- Taylor89, na we chase am commot. Two can play the game.

Be warned

you want cultivate their skull ab?i wink
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by judeolokor(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Bahamas95(m): 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2023
I wonder how someone would misplace an important document like a passport twice. undecided

Everything is not spiritual, this man has a serious physical problem...... Even he story sef get K-leg.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Jemex003: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
Alphamarine:
Torrr

Go meet your brother Tinubu

Yoruba Ronu

Tinubu was the president then too IPOB
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by BigBashiru: 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2023
porka:

He started a programme in Unilag in the 1980s, he abandoned it for a greener pasture (a security guard).

Most blacks around the world hardly take a thought of anything before they commit their lives and resources into it.

Black people are not guided by sense and thorough analysis but impulse and emotions.

We never take a stock of what would happen if we took this or that decision. What can possibly go wrong?
What would I do if my permutations fall off the mark? How quickly can I make those adjustments? What resources do I have?
What is the exit strategy? What are the social networks to help me cushion the impact? How long could this adventure take?

Just imagine people not bothering about handing 4 years of their entire lives to useless politicians and making projections for another 4 years to be similarly wasted.

For blacks, time, purpose, legacy, responsibility and critical thinking are not high stakes.

A typical black person's life revolves around food, partying, human and object worship, debauchery, vain glory, wild hysteria and shifting responsibility to some gods.

The man was going to Japan for business (if true) but he couldn't care what might happen during business down time.

He was just satisfied with being the 'only successful' black man in the white dominated county.

Just one Italian or Indian would achieve the same feat and the whole place will be filled with Italians or Indians so that they have a social security system and buffer against hard time.

All the time he was sponsoring his nephew through school, his own child was going through hard times.

It's not a race thing....there are such people in every race....
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Otunbakayce: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
Buhari forced Nigerians to leave the country in the 80's, and the same Buhari is making young people leave again since 2016.

It shall never be well with you if you voted Buhari for the second time and also voted APC again this for any reason.

Eni Kure!

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by ayandee: 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2023
porka:

The bolded is very true.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by hansomb: 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Going through his comments, I didn't see anywhere he personally took responsibility for his poor choices and his oft-repeated selfish decisions he has used to ruin the lives of others and innocent people whose only mistake and misfortune is crossing path with him in their life. Yet he blamed everyone except himself. Typical loser's way of interpreting life's setbacks. Smh.

I know that, at least, someone must have warned him in his young days, to desist but he will ko eti kun to the genuine counsel and even suggest that those people warning him against his selfish lifestyle are only envious of him ni. He didn't even know when some of his siblings passed on. Smh.

He never finished his studies at UNILAG even when he had age, money and job on his side. He started with famed National bank but hardly settled before quitting to join Union Bank. He had barely spent a year in Union Bank before jetting out of Nigeria for unreasonable excuse to abandon a house, wife and children in Nigeria!

He got overseas and continued his life of indiscipline and at after 30 years still had nothing to show for it! He never finished even his marriage in the US, he abandoned them same way he abandoned the one he had in Nigeria before running overseas.

He has a penchant for never finishing anything he started in life! He lived an indisciplined life. The day he starts admitting his mistakes, genuinely beg for the forgiveness of innocent people he badly hurt and turn to living a disciplined life, he may recover.

There's a lot of his young version today in Nigeria, in the diaspora, here on Nairaland and out there, hey, that's your old age playing out before you so. You will end up like this man; lonely, unhappy,unfulfilled, indisciplined and broke!

Nothing beats self discipline and focus. Being the last born doesn't give you license to be selfish, irresponsible and insanely indisciplined.

He's the kind of people you must avoid their company in life, according to the Robert Greene's 48 Laws of Power. Olorun je ki ale sanwa ju owuro lo. Check my signature for free stuffs!
good analysis. FOCUS.

2 Likes

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Basicend: 3:39pm On Dec 16, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

You superstitious people are always desperately looking out for anything to justify things that do not exist

This man's problem was a medical/psychiatric one, and has nothing to do with witchcraft

U mean medicine and phyco applies to a man barking like a dog?
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by finoki: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
Deepspirituals:
I'm Spiritualist D'Light.

I have always say that Life is more Spiritual than Physical...

How can one be having Intimacy with His Wife and all of a sudden he started barking like a Dog..

Yet you still see some Ignorant people say it's Superstition.

I Remain Spiritualist D'Light.

Hear says... no verified source... the man obviously has some mental issues. Don't bring spiritual stuff here please...
Only a good psychiatrist with lots of therapy sessions can help him.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by hansomb: 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2023
alizma:
Ungrateful human being with low IQ, few minutes after you said a team of the Nigerian policemen took you to somewhere they believe you could get help and even one of them gave you 5k, you dare to, without any reservation, called the Nigerian police a corrupt system.
I missed that part. From he's mentality he's an ungrateful human being, lacks focus and lived a devil-may-care lifestyle . Reasons he keeps leaving everything unfinished and and not gaining blessings from everything he does.

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by AngelicBeing: 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
Basicend:
To those indomie genz that says there is no witchcraft and foundational principalities. .

I pity you. . Africa is deep in evil before the whites came, and you can't rule that impact out of its offspring.

Witchcraft and evil is real. . God and spirituality is very real too.

They can wait for you at the middle of your years, or even towards the end.

This man was clearly stripped naked from the spirit and his physical hands and body were rendered useless.
1000 likes, Gbamsulotely, end of thread, kudos to you wink
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by tony9k: 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2023
D4gmail1:

Where’s your passport?

This cannot be true. The Passport Office will replace your passport as many times as possible once you pay the fees.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by sunboy(m): 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2023
LagosG:
Someone said the brain drain of today will be the brain gain of tomorrow.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

80% of people wey dey Japa will be trapped in the system they are japaing to from debt. Even citizens of those countries are trapped in it too. This man's story get as e be so I won't comment directly on it.

I can’t speak for Nigeria o but it is sure working for Mogadishu, Somalia.

Debt don’t stop nobody from moving.
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by sunboy(m): 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2023
The story no really straight. If he is British, he should go get a new passport from the British embassy na.

Wetin all these Lamba bayi! If he did not commit big crimes like terrorism or extremism… the UK will not withdraw service from the person.

Why he never go embassy to submit himself and beg a new passport ??
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Segzy19: 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
Your story is very apt...
When I see all these japa people, sometimes I just shake my head .
One of my father's uncle who had been in the US for over 30 years later got abandoned in the old people's home. My dad traced him when he travelled to US some years ago. The old man later died after a while ... The children were all gone on their ways ....

djon78:

Marrying oyibo or abroad women is very risky

A very big Doctor I knew as a kid in mid 1980s married a German woman and had 2 son's when he studied there

When he came back to Nigeria early 1990s the oyibo woman cut of from him

He came back and his people married another woman for him here
Had 3 children 2 boys and a girl here

What saved the Doctor was that he was the son of a very wealthy Igbo man in the 1960s

So on coming back
He as first son had majority of his now dead fathers assets

He later died in the 2005
His wife and Nigerian children now got hold of those his father's assets and sold some worth hundreds of millions today

But those his 2 sons in Germany by oyibo woman became big German Doctors

But they never related with there father

The Doctor died of stroke due to heart break from not relating with his 2 sons in Germany

Because the ones he had here in his firfties were just finishing secondary School when he died

People must be careful about abroad Japa cause it's not as we think
Honestly
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by Sucre6: 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tjra:
Sad. It is well with him.

Don't ruin this thread. The story has so many learning points.

If person enter you sissies now, e go be like say we dey bully una.

Your Oga for rubbish comments- Taylor89, na we chase am commot. Two can play the game.

Be warned

An agbado bandit spotted 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by subcbouy: 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Family spiritual attack! His enemies are people of his households.

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by seunodediranivy: 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hmmm, this is typical situation that about 75% of those that are unceasingly living Nigeria now would confront later.I am not coursing anybody but we have to say the reality. One of my colleagues left for UK since 2008 when his wife was pregnant of his second son, since then he hasn't come back, and whenever we talked he use to say things are not too okay and he hasn't seen any of his family.

So, things that aren't okay since 1983 when he left hasn't good till today.
We have to borrow ourselves sense.

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by SoftBread01: 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Going through his comments, I didn't see anywhere he personally took responsibility for his poor choices and his oft-repeated selfish decisions he has used to ruin the lives of others and innocent people whose only mistake and misfortune is crossing path with him in their life. Yet he blamed everyone except himself. Typical loser's way of interpreting life's setbacks. Smh.

I know that, at least, someone must have warned him in his young days, to desist but he will ko eti kun to the genuine counsel and even suggest that those people warning him against his selfish lifestyle are only envious of him ni. He didn't even know when some of his siblings passed on. Smh.

He never finished his studies at UNILAG even when he had age, money and job on his side. He started with famed National bank but hardly settled before quitting to join Union Bank. He had barely spent a year in Union Bank before jetting out of Nigeria for unreasonable excuse to abandon a house, wife and children in Nigeria!

He got overseas and continued his life of indiscipline and at after 30 years still had nothing to show for it! He never finished even his marriage in the US, he abandoned them same way he abandoned the one he had in Nigeria before running overseas.

He has a penchant for never finishing anything he started in life! He lived an indisciplined life. The day he starts admitting his mistakes, genuinely beg for the forgiveness of innocent people he badly hurt and turn to living a disciplined life, he may recover.

There's a lot of his young version today in Nigeria, in the diaspora, here on Nairaland and out there, hey, that's your old age playing out before you so. You will end up like this man; lonely, unhappy,unfulfilled, indisciplined and broke!

Nothing beats self discipline and focus. Being the last born doesn't give you license to be selfish, irresponsible and insanely indisciplined.

He's the kind of people you must avoid their company in life, according to the Robert Greene's 48 Laws of Power. Olorun je ki ale sanwa ju owuro lo. Check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like

Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by IgweBUIKE1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
Pastor and joblessness,, they enjoy collecting
Re: I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man by sulaak(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
tommy589:
Likely Deported after jail term

He is a bloody liar. He was using someone else's passport then was caught, and probably japa from the UK to the USA, engaging in fraud before he was caught and deported to Nigeria.

Where’s your passport?

I misplaced it. I declared it missing and the British Government replaced it, but it went missing again. I went back for the passport and I[b] was told that I was careless with the British property and that it wouldn’t be replaced for me[/b].

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor / I Didn't Know It Would Bleach My Newborn's Skin / A Wife's Birthday Wish List To Husband After He Asked For What She Wants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.