Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Russian Tech VS Western Counterpart's Tech - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Tech VS Western Counterpart's Tech (137 Views)

Russia Displayed Captured Western Hardware From Ukraine / US Defense Secretary Demand Immediate Ceasefire In Call With Russian Counterpart / Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Russian Tech VS Western Counterpart's Tech by preciouswoman66(m): 8:48pm On Dec 17, 2023
I've been thinking lately about military technologies in both Russia and the US and other Western countries. The Russian technologies look dull in physical appearance unlike the West which look colourful. I know beauty isnt what count when it comes to effectiveness of military tech but why the dullness in Russian techs?
Do they lack creativity in design but more in mathematical solutions and designs or what?

On the other hand, US and the rest West tech are very bright with creative UI/UX and beauty. I can't tell about effectivenes though.
Re: Russian Tech VS Western Counterpart's Tech by Somilat: 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
probably because i'm guesing
they're slavs.. are basic-minded for some matters especially with emphasis on authoritarian oligarchism

they're used to finesse in jewellery like faberget eggs, and are cruder in military

cost point they likely have less advanced finishing and precision manufacturing...they may be behind on technology stage that is electronic-based manufacturing with robotics

out of date equipment is often used in ukraine and navy

harsh range of conditions make design go for utilitarianism, not fairweather conditions

(1) (Reply)

Pakistan Condemns Attack By Iran, And Says It Killed 2 Children And Wounded 3 / A Diabolical Plan Proposed By The American Media To Save The Israeli Army / Iranian Cyber Warfare Teams Have Hacked Radars Belonging To The IDF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.