Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,362 members, 7,846,564 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats (23094 Views)

River State House Of Assembly Notifies INEC Of Vacant Seats In The House / Court Bars INEC From Using MC Oluomo For Distribution Of Election Materials / Acting CJN Moves To Fill Vacant Seats At Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by aestake: 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2023
garfield1:

On what grounds should the court rule in favour of obi
That you are hungry without electricity and no cash and no job and no future.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by Gandrova: 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2023
garfield1:

On what grounds should the court rule in favour of obi
Don't mind the pained dude! Because Pithobi won the election on social media cheesy
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by Gandrova: 2:42pm On Dec 18, 2023
aestake:

Pithobi can never rule Nigeria Case closed cheesy
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by AviatorMoney(m): 2:42pm On Dec 18, 2023
kennethesan:
I thought they were close friends
Who and who?
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by aestake: 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2023
Gandrova:
Pithobi can never rule Nigeria Case closed cheesy
Enjoy then.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by Gandrova: 2:45pm On Dec 18, 2023
aestake:

Enjoy then.
Thanks
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2023
BeardGangJnr1:

But the 4 members were suspended initially...i mean....during the First impeachment attempt...that was before the 27members cross-carpected...and there a was a court order to maintain status quo.... doesn't that invariably mean they are still suspended

I'm aware of the first suspension, the both camps suspended each other and to me the Wike camp had upper edge at that time but the crossing changed everything.

Interestingly for the SIM camp the court recognized his speaker and the rest member as the only recognized members of the assembly. Wike assembly members can't act now , whatever they do now will be null and void irrespective of their latest ruling unless they vacate the order of Rivers State high court.

Who can vacate their suspension if we assume they remain suspended as a result of the first action of the assembly, note that after they did that they all relinquished their membership of the house through cross carpeting. Who then can reverse their decision if not the remaining 5 member of the house grin. Those guys have the right to lift their suspension by virtue of the fact that they are the only recorgnized members of the house of assembly.

We see how this pans out in the coming days and weeks, interesting times ahead.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by Uzosaint(m): 2:53pm On Dec 18, 2023
Wetin dey mind concerning Nigerian Judiciary nah only my mind e dey,bunch of insatiable beings.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by AngelicBeing: 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2023
sad
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by garfield1: 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2023
aestake:

So it is obi that will fix all that abi
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by loswhite(m): 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
tuoyoojo:

The state is about to be soaked into preboiled trouble because of greed

Resources of a state, one man says he wants 25% as against 10% he was offered

And the state has different factions cheering them on instead of publicly castigating them for using state resources as their personal estate
Foolish set of citizens...They deserve the useless leadership they get
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by Vj15(m): 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hakeem66:
Their leader said any attempt to remove SIM that the ijaws will spill fire. If care is not taking it may lead to ethnic crises in the region.
when sim was eating the bread from wike hands where were you people, my friend there is one law :when you eat with the devil get ready to dance with it, stop deceiving yourselves, Nobody condols any betrayer plus even you, the problem is why accept what you can not keep from the beginning simple sincerity would have save him (sim) this mess he brought for himself.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by GEJDHERO: 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
Jessewizy:

Lol, see the pain in your wailing. Listen, Fubara will be sacked by the Supreme Court. Go and remove the lawmakers, then conduct fresh elections. Uba decamped to APC, nothing happened. Wike is ready for peace 😂 but still waiting for Supreme Court. Useless ipob animals.
If FUBARA is sacked TONYE COLE will take over
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by aestake: 3:50pm On Dec 18, 2023
garfield1:

So it is obi that will fix all that abi
Enjoy your suffering.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by sucess001(m): 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2023
Everyone is just using judiciary anyhow.

Embarrassing!!!
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by ShangTsung000: 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2023
Prigidypogodo:
every leaked thing in this country is 98% truth.
this was how Obidients leaked several judicial compromise against Obi but most Nigerians called them names.
now everyone is seeing it.
just yesterday this judgment leaked and today it has been given.
I pity those expecting fair judgment from a drug lord government with Wike as minister.
judgment will be written and handed over the the compromised and bribed judge to deliver.

See as Yorubas dey gloat under the comment section.
I hope by now most naive SS can see and know their friends and Enemies.
from insulting Oba of bini to gloating over chaos in Rivers.
these guys are terrible people.
IYOO...

Nigerians are naturally gullible. Don't take away from them.

ONYE ANWULU!!
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:38pm On Dec 18, 2023
Dreal1247:
Wike I hope you don't dance naked on the streets of Nigeria. The Ijaws are not smiling. Trade with caution. When it snowballs into an intertribal war, your family may be the first victims.
Don’t worry, another Ijaw man will be brought in
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by ReubenE(m): 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2023
Dreal1247:
Wike I hope you don't dance naked on the streets of Nigeria. The Ijaws are not smiling. Trade with caution. When it snowballs into an intertribal war, your family may be the first victims.
Wike know this but his Nairaland unfortunate supporters don't know. The whole Ijaw nation is behind Fubara and is ready to slug it out with Ikwerre people this time. Wike and Ikwerre people may just get what they are looking for. After 24 years of them dominating the state, they are knocking the first governor from another group. I am sure the Ikwerre traditional rulers that visited him recently told him but he is a stubborn man.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by ivolt: 5:18pm On Dec 18, 2023
TruthsFM:
Hmm 🤔 so the yesterday leaked judgement was very true. Our judiciary have been heavily compromised. Very unfortunate. So our constitution isn’t followed again. Our law makers are now law breakers.
You are an adult, reason like one!
There is no leaked judgment anywhere.
The losers are merely preempting outcomes.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by zoedew: 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
Dreal1247:
This is not Wike fighting the Izon! The Izon are not backstabbers. The typical Ijaw will not accept to fix the time for a journey he does not plan to make with you. Ijaw is home to straightforward folks which is why some see them as headstrong. Sim Fubara has misrepresented the Ijaw. That is not who the IJaw is! Sim consented to run an administration woven around the political structure which brought him into office. Wike worked hard with others to build that political structure only for Sim to turn around and demonise the political structure and Wike. Life is not run that way. If you treat the carpenter who constructed and gifted you the chair you sit on it is only a matter of time before the bare floor has your buttocks. Even God does not like ingrates!! The political novice in Sim Fubara cannot see far enough politically to know that some fifth columnists are setting him up to destroy Wike's political structure and take over Rivers State. In the end result Sim Fubara will end up worse than the happy go lucky Uncle Fortunatus Goodluck Jonathan!
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by ozo13(m): 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2023
TruthsFM:
very bad in this Nigeria democracy. Funny part of it is that the different factions are will be getting series of court injunctions from different court till 2027. It will now be how people know judges to get favour judgement from them. Fubara will complete his first 4 years, it is the second term for his reelection bid that he will work hard more.
hehehe.Please ask urself in all honesty, what the governor did was he right to have allowed 4 members out of 31/32 elect a speaker.las las na river people go suffer am.the best they can do is to allow peace to reign.So u expect the 27 law makers to sit and do nothing when the constitution is trample upon by allowing someone declaring their seat vacant when the individual isn't a court of jurisprudence.Haba nah.Fubara can not win this battle , his government will suffer because the law makers against him got more than 2/3rd the number required by constitution to override anything the governor wants.Even when the Sai Buhari was the president and Wasn't in good time with Saraki, we all saw how Saraki to some extent frustrated his government by not approving some of the stuff The president wanted.Even saraki didn't have that 2/3rd strength then but could still frustrate Buhari.Now the court has given an order for the law makers to be allowed .the next thing is to impeach the speaker with 4 members and they can now frustrate the governor.Am even aware they passed a law for the chairmen of LG not to be changed.They can now use their 2/3rd strength to veto the governor and make it a law of the state.My brother they will just frustrate each other and it is the river citizens that will just suffer.they should just seek for peace.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2023
BeardGangJnr1:

But the 4 members were suspended initially...i mean....during the First impeachment attempt...that was before the 27members cross-carpected...and there a was a court order to maintain status quo.... doesn't that invariably mean they are still suspended

I understand where you are heading to but remember that there has been a court order from the high court recognizing the leadership of Edison led house and the legality to declare those sits void meaning the purported suspension you are talking about is null and void.

I get the intricacies you are trying to drive to but subsequent events have over taken it as we speak. Those 27 are no longer members of the house, they don't have locus to talk about suspension any longer grin , it has reached a dead end for them as regards suspension for now until court of appeals does the needful and bring them back into the race.

Interesting times ahead, legal fireworks in the coming days.
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by ExudeLoveToAll: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2023
BeardGangJnr1:

But the 4 members were suspended initially...i mean....during the First impeachment attempt...that was before the 27members cross-carpeted...and there a was a court order to maintain status quo.... doesn't that invariably mean they are still suspended

I understand where you are heading to but remember that there has been a court order from the high court recognizing the leadership of Edison led house and the legality to declare those sits void meaning the purported suspension you are talking about is null and void.

I get the intricacies you are trying to drive to but subsequent events have over taken it as we speak. Those 27 are no longer members of the house, they don't have locus to talk about suspension any longer grin , it has reached a dead end for them as regards suspension for now until court of appeals does the needful and bring them back into the race.

Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by HeadlessMob: 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2023
Prigidypogodo:
every leaked thing in this country is 98% truth.
this was how Obidients leaked several judicial compromise against Obi but most Nigerians called them names.
now everyone is seeing it.
just yesterday this judgment leaked and today it has been given.
I pity those expecting fair judgment from a drug lord government with Wike as minister.
judgment will be written and handed over the the compromised and bribed judge to deliver.

See as Yorubas dey gloat under the comment section.
I hope by now most naive SS can see and know their friends and Enemies.
from insulting Oba of bini to gloating over chaos in Rivers.
these guys are terrible people.

How many fools believe the leaked "yes daddy" video of Obi even we the reasonable ones knew it was true. To igbos, anything that is against their messiah is false but if it is agains their opponent it is 98% true. What a set of dunce people!
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by HeadlessMob: 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

You have forgotten that they have been suspended from the house before they obtained another jankara judgment. If the judgment Ehie and his team obtained has overtaken the suspension, how dare you dont know that this new judgment has overtaken theirs?
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by garfield1: 9:32am On Dec 21, 2023
aestake:

Enjoy your suffering.

And your heaven boy
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by Pacesetter123(m): 10:08am On Dec 21, 2023
Jessewizy:

Just one federal government contract. IYC will go back to sleep.
grin grin grin
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by aestake: 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2023
garfield1:

And your heaven boy
Yep!
Re: Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats by kennethesan(m): 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2023
AviatorMoney:

Who and who?

The judiciary and INEC of course

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Swears In Onnoghen As Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Baby Abandoned At Motherless Babies Home In Borno Named After President Buhari / Ministerial Screening: Malami Speaks On El-Zakzaky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.