Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,176 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph (7415 Views)

France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: World Cup (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Almiron: 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2023
Lionel Messi penned an emotional message for the fans on his official Instagram as he celebrated the one-year anniversary of Argentina's World Cup 2022 triumph in Qatar. Argentina defeated France in the final to win the title.

On December 18, 2022, Argentina triumphed over France in a World Cup final that will be remembered as one of the most thrilling in the tournament's history. The match, held at the Lusail Stadium in Doha, Qatar, concluded with a 3-3 draw after extra time, leading to a nail-biting penalty shootout. Argentina secured their victory with a 4-2 advantage in penalties, claiming their third world title and first since 1986.

Argentina took an early lead with Messi converting a penalty and ngel Di Mar­a adding a second with a sublime finish following a swift counter-attack. However, France fought back valiantly, with Mbappé scoring twice within minutes to level the game. In extra time, Messi again put Argentina ahead, but Mbappé completed his hat-trick with another penalty, sending the match to a decisive shootout.

Argentina's goalkeeper, Emiliano Mart­nez, emerged as a hero, saving Kingsley Coman's penalty and watching Aurelien Tchouameni fire wide, setting the stage for Gonzalo Montiel to slot home the winning kick. This victory was particularly poignant for Messi, who finally lifted the coveted trophy, cementing his legacy as one of the greatest players of all time.

On the anniversary of the win, Messi shared a heartwarming and emotional note with the fans on Instagram. The Argentine maestro hailed the win as the most beautiful madness of his playing career and said the memories of the tournament will last a lifetime for him.

Messi went on to wish the fans a happy anniversary to conclude his post

"Year of the most beautiful madness of my career, Unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime. Happy anniversary to all!" said Messi in his post.

Messi has hinted at continuing to play until the 2026 World Cup as he wants to play for Argentina as much as possible and be with the squad.

source: Lionel Messi's Instagram Page

16 Likes

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Almiron: 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
Its exactly a year ago, the beginning of unending pain and agony for "Penaldo the desert fraud, serial rapist and a bloooody scammer", dem no born his papa well make e step foot in America, dem go lock his asss up grin grin grin... ati eyin uninformed, minions, low IQ sui fanbase, just want to remind yall sore losers that its only a year, we have eternity to go, yall Penadogs una mind will never touch ground, i will always be here to taunt and hunt una till the end of time, una tears too sweet make una donate more under my post. I remain the one and only Almiron y'all worst nightmare....

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by God1000(m): 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2023
Wow, so fast it's already one year

Messi is the real goat and god of football in this era

His most cherished dream has been achieved

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Zonefree(m): 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2023
E don do abeg

5 Likes

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Almiron: 5:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
Zonefree:
E don do abeg
1/infinity, una never see anything grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by slaawomirr: 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2023
Damnnn niggar
The little boy from rosario Argentina santa fe

But wait a minute what happened to nairaland

I thought bad hackers from Russia have brought nairaland down

9 Likes

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by atobs4real(m): 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2023
Abinibi, good one.
But love Ororo

1 Like

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by morakinyo20(m): 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2023
shocked
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Muster66: 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2023
Interesting
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by tesppidd: 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2023
angry
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by chukkydee(m): 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2023
A day I will never forget in a hurry... Similar to the Aguero moment of magic. I shed tears, screamed and sang Messi's song.

Happy Anniversary to all lovers of football. cool

3 Likes

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by PHZADDY1(m): 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2023
Almiron:
Its exactly a year ago, the beginning of unending pain and agony for "Penaldo the desert fraud, serial rapist and a bloooody scammer", dem no born his papa well make e step foot in America, dem go lock his asss up and his uninformed, minions, low IQ sui fanbase, just want to remind yall losers that its only a year, we have eternity to go, yall Penadogs una mind will never touch ground, i will always be here to taunt and hunt una till the end of time, una tears too sweet make una donate more under my post. I remain the one and only Almiron y'all worst nightmare....
See energy for person wey no go even sign autograph talk more of giving you a hug ;DOde

1 Like

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Chienex24(m): 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

lolz exactly my thoughts.... Nairaland was unaccessible for like over an hour. I come dey wonder waiting hackers wan use site wey dey like this do.....

*Anyways back to topic: Be like this bantering na for eternity and somehow Obembet no dey keep up with thesame energy.!! Obembet abeg up your game make sport section no come dey boring

1 Like

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Almiron: 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2023
PHZADDY1:
See energy for person wey no go even sign autograph talk more of giving you a hug ;DOde
another mor0n spotted if i want him to see this i go post am on his socials, your brain is too small to decode that the aim of my post, is too make any penadog wey read am develop headache and HBP. ONKR!!!, Next penadog pls, been a while i drink una tears

1 Like

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by visijo(m): 8:25am On Dec 21, 2023
Apart from being single, what other things did you achieve this year?
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by kiddkash(m): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2023
Nawa for nairaland. Well I saved bundle
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Toluwanise247(m): 9:01am On Dec 21, 2023
Is one year already, so fast……..congratulations one again
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Warrior247: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2023
Messi na Man you be...
https://dreamples.com/ads.txt
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by wunmi590(m): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2023

Our lovely site is back and better
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2023
Great
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Alhajikd: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2023
angry
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Kingpele(m): 9:17am On Dec 21, 2023
Congratulations the goat....Ronaldo is good but messi is blessed naturally for the game of soccer...I love hardwork but talent flows freely fanatically....this is why I choose messi over Ronaldo

2 Likes

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:19am On Dec 21, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Not an hackers, what happened was explained by Seun in Punch News the following day the issue occurred.

According to his explanation, the host company notified him of hate post and directed he remove it. He didn't responded to the warning on time so the host company went ahead and shut down the site.

I hope he will be more proactive going forward and also deal with hate related posts.

3 Likes

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Teeklef(m): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2023
Na wa oh!! Who shut down nairaland.
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:28am On Dec 21, 2023
Welcome back Nairaland.

Messi the GOAT.
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Ekejoestar(m): 9:32am On Dec 21, 2023
Nairaland is back, Hope say Seun don learn him lesson
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by safarilove(m): 9:37am On Dec 21, 2023
As Nairaland shut down, e come be like d world don dey end.

3 Likes

Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by realsammie(m): 9:38am On Dec 21, 2023
Nairaland is back 😊

Back to the topic: GOAT of all goat. Not the camel playing in the desert shouting wasiu upandan
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by ONEjoblessGUY: 9:40am On Dec 21, 2023
Wow!!!
Our nairaland is back Ooo.........
I knew Russian and Indian hackers took over......
Btw.......unku seun how much did u pay to get it back??
Re: Messi Pens Emotional Note On Anniversary Of Argentina's World Cup 2022 Triumph by Sabadon(m): 9:45am On Dec 21, 2023
Omo I felt like the world had ended, can't believe I went 3 days without nairaland

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Having Issues With Sportybet Account, Please Help... / Week 16 Pool Result For Sat 24, Oct 2020 – UK 2020/2021 / AFCON 2012: Mali Vs Ivory Coast (0 - 1) On February 8th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.