Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress (36037 Views)

Canada’s Global Talent: Get A Work Permit In As Little As 2 Weeks! / Show The Tangible Progress, Not Your Butts, Reno Omokri Reacts At #10yearschall / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Lastmankc(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
At least,there was sanity for some time because all tribal bigots wasn't seen

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by NoSmoking: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2023
OBIDIENTS !!!

🤕

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Julieet: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2023
I am so happy to be back

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Samsonferan: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2023
Weldone work

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by TheGift: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2023
Father4all:
Hackers don put pepper for this guy eyes grin

Who told you it was hackers?

You clearly did not read the post.

8 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2023
mmadu5:
build your own server sir . it will save you alot of stress . a site like NL shouldn't be depending on host servers etc to function.. take this forum seriously or it might go down the drain.

Build Nairaland own server? How? The cost of that is going to be prohibitive. Power, cooling, security, safety (fire,flood and what have you).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Sebastine1994(m): 11:17am On Dec 21, 2023
WantsandMore:
where did you see the cloud flare report?

It's not news, don't you follow seun on Twitter or X
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Antoeni(m): 11:17am On Dec 21, 2023
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Kingrshd3: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2023
AfahaAbia:

Well noted sire! But try to solve the issue of tribalism on this platform

About 2000 people are commenting on tribalism issue so what do u want him to do to that??

How many people him won sanction

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by abba190: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders and Advertisers.

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
this man

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by atobs4real(m): 11:18am On Dec 21, 2023
Oloki:

Honestly... Something dey this nairaland wey dey hold everybody down.

I have to follow seun on X to know the update
Seriously.
I already found comfort here and used to my schedule

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by yorke1: 11:18am On Dec 21, 2023
It's good that the site is back. Adequate measures should be put in place to avoid future occurrences.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by NicebutSingle: 11:18am On Dec 21, 2023
Congrat Seun. This got us really scared. You are a blessing to the youths of Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by SIRKAY98(m): 11:18am On Dec 21, 2023
Wao i was worried guys...because this is the source for my news everydays, i have been checking without any response since 3days now, was so worried.Kindly create a whatsapp group for our alternatives thanks or facebook.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by UptownVibes(m): 11:18am On Dec 21, 2023
cheesy
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by qtguru(m): 11:18am On Dec 21, 2023
Welldone Seun, it's not an easy task but welldone

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by bayfed: 11:19am On Dec 21, 2023
So nairaland is still depending on a host ? Why ? When you can own a server and take all abuse, and nobody does anything.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Dpharisee: 11:19am On Dec 21, 2023
tivta:
Hope you have learnt your lesson
You think its easy to leave tribalism and bigotry when it has eaten deeply into you?
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Evolutionism: 11:20am On Dec 21, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Britishcoins(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2023
So Nairaland is just ordinary website, imagine a whole African best forum was disrupted for 3 days

APC Pro forum Nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 11:20am On Dec 21, 2023
omoadeleye:
Sorry ern, we know the particular people reporting your website they were even celebrating the downtime of the website too. But God pass them

It's comments like this that got the website taken down in the first place. I know your defense will be "I did not mention any name". But oyibo people are not fools or hypocrites like us. More tribalistic comments like this will surely have the website taken down again by its new host

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by braine(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2023
Thank you, Seun, for the honesty.

I have an idea what you are going through. You shall overcome.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Crucialgem(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2023
Osewa plsssss be your own host, if nairaland is not bouyant enough call people to invest this forum is big, bigger than maybe what you yourself visioned it to be. It embarrassing that your host is taking you down because of an abuse report even after you took it down
This means you can be taking down at any point in time l, this is not good with business

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by unbrandedspace(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2023
Now I know how addicted I was to this sote. I mean I was totally bored without this forum. Thank God is back quote author=Seun post=127552407]Dear Nairalanders and Advertisers.

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by do4luv14(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Thank you for this,

it shows you cared alot, The modes Should be held accountable for that Abuse not being attend to on-time, Cos am sure that Abuse might had happened in one of the sections entrusted to a MOD,

The being said, pls try and empower Anti-spam bot, to take down such Abuses, as it save time, cos most Mods had not been doing their duty as prescribed, If not such an Abuse that warrant the shutting down, would not had been neglected

While we await6for the permanent return, trust measures are being put in place to prevent Future occurance,

Thanks my 2 cents on the matter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by motionarena: 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

So cloudflare has mind to take you down for days.
Despite money you pay to them.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by FunnyDude(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
Back and stronger
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Truth234(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:

Two measures are needed here

1. Upgrade site UI this site has been like this for 25yrs no new features or beautiful interface

2. Sack all partisan moderators who are biased in banning anyone who doesn’t support APC

If he doesn’t put these two into consideration more evil will happen to this site

lol... This has nothing to do with the abuse or the hosting company but Nairaland. This site is too big to be going through this if properly done. Do you have any idea what politicians did to bring saharareporters down?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by sholla20(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2023
Nice one. Keep measures in place to checkmate all subsequent abuse. The platform is too big to not exist anymore due to abuse.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Green Snake In My House Pls Help!! / Pregnant Petrol Black Marketer Burnt To Death In Delta Accident With SUV (Graphi / Rainbow Seen In Lagos Today! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.