Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress (36214 Views)

Canada’s Global Talent: Get A Work Permit In As Little As 2 Weeks! / Show The Tangible Progress, Not Your Butts, Reno Omokri Reacts At #10yearschall / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by steeltrust: 11:47am On Dec 21, 2023
If you like don’t get an anti bot or dedicated mode who will penalize tribalism rodent

And by now nairaland is big enough to host it own server

All the best to you

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Neddstark: 11:47am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun can afford to pay mods. Despite all the money he's making here, he doesn't want to meet up the challenges of the largest African forum.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by OfficialAPCNig: 11:48am On Dec 21, 2023
Iambro:
build your own server
Building server is not drinking agbo
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by benzion72(m): 11:48am On Dec 21, 2023
Well work. There is a need for a back up host so as to avoid unnecessary down time. Keep it up
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Billionaire999: 11:48am On Dec 21, 2023
I was affected but it's well
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Emekuz256(m): 11:48am On Dec 21, 2023
Thank God for this🎉🎉🎉
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Qahira: 11:49am On Dec 21, 2023
It's now that you know you'll fix your site. If they didn't take it down I'm sure you won't do anything. I remember when I told you months ago on Twitter to fix your forum what did I get as a response? Blocking. angry

Nairaland used to be very interesting but you turned it into a haven for bigots. I'm glad you've woken up to your senses.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by drimzsmoke(m): 11:50am On Dec 21, 2023
AncientAlien:

I have been trying the website almost hour upon an hour since the outrage. Lucky for me it goes through like magic this time around. good to hear. cheesy cheesy one malt for everyone here

Same here!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Kinkinatus(m): 11:51am On Dec 21, 2023
@Seun, there are all kinds of insults and abuses that gets thrown about on the various forums on this website. It would be helpful if more is done to take most of it or all of it down if possible. That would reduce the likelihood of this site been taken down again.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by gvmachance(m): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2023
Oluwa seun...thank God...Giant Nairaland is back.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Consula: 11:52am On Dec 21, 2023
I hope it will be the Original Malt??

AncientAlien:

I have been trying the website almost hour upon an hour since the outrage. Lucky for me it goes through like magic this time around. good to hear. cheesy cheesy one malt for everyone here
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by captainking(m): 11:53am On Dec 21, 2023
Funny how nairaland had become a part of our lives.. I log in to this site every 30mins since 2014...
Seun.. You shaa caused it as you ignored an abuse report.. You stated so yourself on twitter.. Please do better next time.

It's time nairaland got it own server. Don't know how easy or hard it is thou.. Over to you IT experts.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by misB: 11:53am On Dec 21, 2023
Good job Seun, really happy Nairaland is back. Though some of us day isn't complete with Nairaland. Thanks for the good content.

Seun:
Dear Nairalanders and Advertisers.

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Bsmartt(m): 11:53am On Dec 21, 2023
Well done @Seun and the Nairaland Team.

I hope such oversight will not be experienced again.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by faithfull18(f): 11:53am On Dec 21, 2023
Thank God! Was even scared of losing data repository built over the years

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 11:53am On Dec 21, 2023
Lantosed:

Absolutely!!!!
This should be seriously considered if it were to be me in fact it's long overdue. A site as big Nairaland should consider having its own host to forestall any Badbelle attack such as this, this is a free service for crying out loud enjoyed by everybody both in Nigeria and abroad, it's our identity. If Facebook and YouTube could have there own host, nothing stops Seun osewa from thesame.

You guys running around with this narrative of "own your host" don't seem to understand how this cloud server thingy works. Let's assume he's able to build his own data centre, will he provide his own bandwidth? Can whoever provides that bandwidth not also take the site down by withdrawing that service? Will he build it with his own software and not rely on say MySQL or whatever database? Can those ones not send a cease-and-desist, barring him from using their software for a hate filled website? Let's stop this running away from the problem by pushing a narrative of "be your host". Rather solve the problem of abuse and hate

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by thesolutions(m): 11:54am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Nairaland's server was taken down by our host's abuse team because of an abuse report that wasn't attended to on time.

After rectifying the error, we brought the server back for a few minutes, but they decided to take the server down again. Since then, we haven't heard from the abuse team, yet the support team keeps insisting that only the abuse team can help us.

So we had to transfer Nairaland to a temporary host in order to bring it back to you. A VERY time-consuming process. We are not fully back, even though most features of the site are working. We still have a long way to go. Additional downtime is likely; don't let it alarm you.

There's a lot more to say, but I have to go back to work to ensure that our return is permanent. Please forgive us for the stress we caused. We appreciate the love and support that you showed us during the ordeal. Nairaland is too important for us to let this happen again.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
I have not tried all the features to know what is not working but I am sure it works better than before. I can now access Nairaland with my VPN on unlike before that it keeps refreshing the cloudflare intrution page. I believe that was the error that took it down in the first place...
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Robinmido(m): 11:55am On Dec 21, 2023
If only they will listen
otomatic:
Please, this should not happen again.

Forum members should learn civility and avoid ethnic profiling and "cuss" words.
Mods should be up and doing ensuring the Forum is sanitized.
Bots or algorithms should be deployed to take down offensive posts ASAP.
Management should run business continuity tests periodically and have contingency plans in place

I know how many times I have refreshed this site in the last 3 days.

Thank God it's back now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by lekan3531(m): 11:55am On Dec 21, 2023
Wow... Thank God for coming back

It was as if am not on this earth wen i didn't av access to NAIRALAND...

I can't do without Nairaland on daily basis

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Kamalex22(m): 11:56am On Dec 21, 2023
AncientAlien:

Wagbayi🙌

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Stephench: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2023
otomatic:
Please, this should not happen again.

Forum members should learn civility and avoid ethnic profiling and "cuss" words.
Mods should be up and doing ensuring the Forum is sanitized.
Bots or algorithms should be deployed to take down offensive posts ASAP.
Management should run business continuity tests periodically and have contingency plans in place

I know how many times I have refreshed this site in the last 3 days.

Thank God it's back now.
Do hosts know what people are typing on a website they're hosting? That obviously wasn't the type of abuse.

Only the government can issue directives on hate speech and not web hosts or server providers

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by EngrKemp: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2023
Seun:

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by JapaNinja: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2023
My guy, na only malt you fit give ni?

AncientAlien:

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

Building server is not drinking agbo

As innnnnnn! I've seen a lot of people running around with this narrative of "build Nairaland server". Let's not even talk about the cost of building out a data centre. Just the cost of building defences to protect the site from hackers alone will empty Nairaland's bank account

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by visaclick: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

We are in this together... Goodluck

Long live Nairaland

u and hu?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by airsaylongcome: 11:59am On Dec 21, 2023
captainking:
Funny how nairaland had become a part of our lives.. I log in to this site every 30mins since 2014...
Seun.. You shaa caused it as you ignored an abuse report.. You stated so yourself on twitter.. Please do better next time.

It's time nairaland got it own server. Don't know how easy or hard it is thou.. Over to you IT experts.

The solution isn't for Nairaland to "get it's own server". The solution is to fix the problem of the abuse and hate

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Kingzjayzee: 11:59am On Dec 21, 2023
🎵 One day the Bush meat go catch the hunter 🎵 in sound sultan's voice...the "banner" has become the banned. 😁
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by atiku4President(m): 11:59am On Dec 21, 2023
Stop hate posts against Igbos aand other tribes and you will have peace
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by Bliss52: 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2023
visaclick:
u and hu?

Me and the Sensible Nairalanders
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by ikdaddy01(m): 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2023
Finally back to here.
Measures must be put in place to avoid this happening again. A lot of businesses have been put on hold due to this.
There is more capability within here than any server host out there.
Take the lead
Re: Nairaland Is Partially Back; A Work In Progress by RichManPikin(m): 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
Lesson learned grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Traffic As Coca Cola Truck Scatters Crates And Bottles On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Conductor Cooking Under Petrol Tanker [photos] / Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.