Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO (694 Views)

Dey Your Dey, Make I Dey My Dey- Gov Fubara’s Live Band Sings At An Event (vid) / We did not attack Gov Fubara, he was in the midst of aggressive people - Police / Rivers Lawmakers Serve Impeachment Notice On Gov Fubara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by SenatorCharles1: 1:03am On Dec 22, 2023
21st December, 2023

His Excellency,
Sir Siminalayi J. Fubara, GSSRS
Executive Governor of Rivers State,
Government House,
Port Harcourt,
Rivers State.

Your Excellency Sir,

Concerns Regarding the Recent Peace Agreement

As a concerned and bona-fide citizen of Rivers State, I am writing to express my deep concerns and reservations regarding the recent peace agreement you signed, claiming it was done in the interest of peace in Rivers State.

While I understand the importance of pursuing peace, it is essential to critically evaluate the decisions and actions taken to achieve this goal.

First and foremost, I must express my disappointment in the lack of comprehensive measures in the agreement or rather ‘directive’ to address the root cause of the disputes.

Signing an agreement that does not adequately tackle or resolve the underlying issues is akin to applying a temporary bandage without addressing the wound itself. It is imperative that we go beyond superficial solutions and delve into the heart of the matter to ensure lasting peace.

@GovSimFubara, peace cannot be achieved through superficial agreements alone. True peace requires addressing underlying socio-economic imbalance, ensuring justice and upholding the rule of law. Without a comprehensive approach that tackles the fundamental issues, any agreement or directive signed in the name of peace runs the risk of being nothing more than a symbolic gesture.

I urge you to reconsider your approach to achieving peace in Rivers State. It is imperative that we prioritize a holistic approach that addresses the root causes of conflicts.
I believe in the potential of Rivers State to overcome its challenges and thrive as a beacon of peace and progress.

Let us not settle for temporary solutions but instead strive for a future where every Rivers man or woman, boy or girl can live with their shoulders held high and their rights protected.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope you will take these concerns seriously and work towards a more comprehensive and effective approach to achieving peace in Rivers State.

Sincerely,
CEO

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by WhereMyLoud: 2:18am On Dec 22, 2023
Fubara has shot himself in the foot..

But then again it wasn't a legal document rather a presidential directive so even after signing it both parties are not bounded to it.

Its just a case of who throws the first punch again.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by SenatorCharles1: 2:35am On Dec 22, 2023
WhereMyLoud:

But then again it wasn't a legal document rather a presidential directive so even after signing it both parties are not bounded to it.

Its just a case of who throws the first punch again.

Except he can prove he signed it under duress, its binding on him...!!!
Re: Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by ednut1(m): 3:00am On Dec 22, 2023
SenatorCharles1:

letter without letter head with authoritarian directives lol from a president acting above his constitutional capacity. Dust bin agreement

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by Dwizeone: 3:39am On Dec 22, 2023
SenatorCharles1:

Binding on him as per how, signing that document is illegal as it goes against the constitution, hence that document is not legal.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by ican2020: 5:01am On Dec 22, 2023
WhereMyLoud:

It’s just a case of who throws the first punch again.
The end will justify its means

Just stay cool he knows why he took the fall

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by Whalis: 5:10am On Dec 22, 2023
The op and should stop instigating wahala in Rivers State. The political gladiators have met and have resolved their differences let's move on.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by Freshtruth(m): 5:21am On Dec 22, 2023
But but

Re: Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by degamonn: 6:33am On Dec 22, 2023
There are two sides to that agreement. The governor needed to thread with caution knowing how powerful and with impunity African Presidents can act oftentimes. For that reason, it is reasonable to adhere or obey the intervention / instructions of the president. If that was not obeyed, his rival with the support of federal government can unlawfully remove him from office. The public can only wail for few weeks and the matter will die down.
On the other hand, the government need to take extreme measures because Wike would not give up. Wike agreed to that option because the situation as it were was not to his favour therefore may use the agreement as strategy to prepare another approach to remove the governor.
Like the writer rightly observed, it is only the remote causes that's been addressed. The agreement still favour Wike who controls the state Assembly and the Judiciary.
Re: Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by BondRiv: 7:22am On Dec 22, 2023
Another sermon.

The governor should honour what he signed.

Fubara: No price too much for me to pay for peace in Rivers.
Re: Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by SenatorCharles1: 7:40am On Dec 22, 2023
Dwizeone:

Binding on him as per how, signing that document is illegal as it goes against the constitution, hence that document is not legal.

Were his hands and eyes tied while signing? He is an adult and so should take full responsibility for his actions and decisions.

The only honorable thing he can do now is stand by the letters of the agreement.
Re: Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO by WhereMyLoud: 10:00am On Dec 22, 2023
SenatorCharles1:

Its not a legal document

(1) (Reply)

Residents Block Dangote’s Truck Carrying Bags Of Rice, But What Made Them Loot I / Chief Ofoleh Lauds Governor Soludo's Presidential Appointment / In Anambra, Obuofia Village Under Siege As Gunmen Kidnap, Rape, Brutalise Citize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.