Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,355 members, 7,860,936 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:21 PM

Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions (1575 Views)

The South-west Will Leave Other Regions Far Behind If Nigeria Separates / South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes / FFK Replies El-Rufai: Northerners Have Looted Nigeria More Than Other Regions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Akinomoakin021: 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2023

1) High population density
: Population density is the number of people per square meter High population density makes provision of transport infrastructure more efficient. Imagine a local government with 5 villages and roughly 5000 people per village while the villages are like 200km from each other, it becomes costlier in and inefficient to run a transportation business between those villages, compared to a town with the same total population. Same reason why the percentage of paved roads in the UK is 100 percent, while the percentage of paved roads in Australia is just 40 percent. Imagine 36 million people in the same landmass of Oyo State. While the population of Oyo State is estimated at around 8 million in the same . That is an advantage for the South East.

Conclusion:High population density makes provision of transport infrastructure more efficient and more commercially viable

2) Primary and secondary production
: Unless high level technology is used. It is inefficient to practice agriculture at a large scale in places with high population density. Residents feel this by low wage compensation in agriculture. They are naturally forced into services and manufacturing, which pay higher wages than agriculture generally. This high wages from services and agriculture can also be achieved through small and medium enterprises. Although labor laws and enforcement will be needed for the common man to benefit high wages from those jobs
Conclusion: Societies where most workers are involved the manufacturing and services usually have richer citizens than those whose workers are mostly into agriculture

3) Closeness to rich oil producing states
: States can generally benefit from being close to neighbors with high cash flows. This usually occurs in the form of remittances from indigenes working or doing business in those states. State government law can also create unique products to be sold to the richer neighbours.Free movement of goods and people between neighboring states can make even the worst governed state rich from their neighbors (if well utilized). For example: Some former Soviet countries became rich after they joined the European Union.Poland, Czech, Estonia , Hungary and Latvia are now categorized as developed countries. Some South East States are less than an hour drive to a neighbouring oil rich state.
Conclusion: Your neighbors can make you rich. Most rich European countries also have rich neighbours

4) High basic education attainment rate
: High completion rate of primary and secondary education and an ability to communicate in at least the official language is an advantage for the east. Even those who do not end up in tertiary institutions can be easily taught new skills that are in demand. This foundation was laid by early missionaries, most especially Catholic and Anglican churches. The North didn’t really have this advantage.
Conclusion: Education plays a major role in prosperity if well utilized

3 Likes

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Ttalk: 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dey deceive yourself there

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by SharingIsLife(m): 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
Ttalk:
The bile in you is so much that once you hear anything good about SE, your ulcer gets triggered. Mind you, the writer of this is a great omoluabi, Akin. Everyone can't be stupid.

Meanwhile, the op annoyed me where he said, "the North doesn't really have this". Nigerians are so damaged in their numbers that they are always seeking an opportunity to start intertribal quarrels. Tueh!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Akinomoakin021: 8:27pm On Dec 22, 2023
SharingIsLife:

The bile in you is so much that once you hear anything good about SE, your ulcer gets triggered. Mind you, the writer of this is a great omoluabi, Akin. Everyone can't be stupid.

Meanwhile, the op annoyed me where he said, "the North doesn't really have this". Nigerians are so damaged in their numbers that they are always seeking an opportunity to start intertribal quarrels. Tueh!
Thank you for your comments. Sincerely, the concentration of missionary schools in the North is nothing compared to what the South East has. It is an advantage they never had, and I never meant to be tribalistic

5 Likes

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by SharingIsLife(m): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
Akinomoakin021:

Thank you for your comments. Sincerely, the concentration of missionary schools in the North is nothing compared to what the South East has. It is an advantage they never had, and I never meant to be tribalistic
Thanks for writing. But, let's be careful about hurting one another's ethnic pride in Nigeria. You could have just said what SE has without mentioning what the North doesn't have.

4 Likes

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by BossGerald: 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omo the high population density is another thing...Awka of yesterday is already filled up and spilled over to Nibo, Nawfia,Amansea and others.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by rdokoye: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2023
Akinomoakin021:

The North already had its Islamic schools, which is why it reneged on the missionary schools.
Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Tochitee(m): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2023
The day one Pandora idiots said by 2050 Anambra would have catch up with Lagos,I knew these people are dense. So Lagos will be stagnant that unfortunate state like Anambra would catch up with??

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by rdokoye: 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
Tochitee:
The day one Pandora idiots said by 2050 Anambra would have catch up with Lagos,I knew these people are dense. So Lagos will be stagnant that unfortunate state like Anambra would catch up with??

Lagos is one of the most unliveable cities/states in the world. Anambra should aim much higher than that.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Akinomoakin021: 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Thanks for writing. But, let's be careful about hurting one another's ethnic pride in Nigeria. You could have just said what SE has without mentioning what the North doesn't have.

Thank you for your comments. I am happy for their religious knowledge attributed to some high-level morals within their society. But not backing it up with high technical manpower like Iran, Turkey, and Malaysia is not an economic advantage. Besides, the language of instruction is not our official language. This makes learning any knowledge codified in our official language difficult for them, except for those who learnt it from other sources. We are talking about the economy here. Sanusi once complained about this. All the same. I don't intend to hurt the North, I love them.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by okeysoninv: 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2023
Akinomoakin021:

: Population density is the number of people per square meter High population density makes provision of transport infrastructure more efficient. Imagine a local government with 5 villages and roughly 5000 people per village while the villages are like 200km from each other, it becomes costlier in and inefficient to run a transportation business between those villages, compared to a town with the same total population. Same reason why the percentage of paved roads in the UK is 100 percent, while the percentage of paved roads in Australia is just 40 percent. Imagine 36 million people in the same landmass of Oyo State. While the population of Oyo State is estimated at around 8 million in the same . That is an advantage for the South East.

Conclusion:High population density makes provision of transport infrastructure more efficient and more commercially viable

2) Primary and secondary production
: Unless high level technology is used. It is inefficient to practice agriculture at a large scale in places with high population density. Residents feel this by low wage compensation in agriculture. They are naturally forced into services and manufacturing, which pay higher wages than agriculture generally. This high wages from services and agriculture can also be achieved through small and medium enterprises. Although labor laws and enforcement will be needed for the common man to benefit high wages from those jobs
Conclusion: Societies where most workers are involved the manufacturing and services usually have richer citizens than those whose workers are mostly into agriculture

3) Closeness to rich oil producing states
: States can generally benefit from being close to neighbors with high cash flows. This usually occurs in the form of remittances from indigenes working or doing business in those states. State government law can also create unique products to be sold to the richer neighbours.Free movement of goods and people between neighboring states can make even the worst governed state rich from their neighbors (if well utilized). For example: Some former Soviet countries became rich after they joined the European Union.Poland, Czech, Estonia , Hungary and Latvia are now categorized as developed countries. Some South East States are less than an hour drive to a neighbouring oil rich state.
Conclusion: Your neighbors can make you rich. Most rich European countries also have rich neighbours

4) High basic education attainment rate
: High completion rate of primary and secondary education and an ability to communicate in at least the official language is an advantage for the east. Even those who do not end up in tertiary institutions can be easily taught new skills that are in demand. This foundation was laid by early missionaries, most especially Catholic and Anglican churches. The North didn’t really have this advantage.
Conclusion: Education plays a major role in prosperity if well utilized
your number 2 is wrong. No serious production in South East.
Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Akinomoakin021: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
okeysoninv:
your number 2 is wrong. No serious production in South East.
There are conditions attached. It doesn't mean they are optimizing the advantages. Besides, large-scale agriculture will be very difficult in the East compared to other parts. It doesn't mean it is not happening in the South East though. Where agriculture is very difficult on large scale, people will fall back to services and manufacturing with the right incentives.See the bolded

3 Likes

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by okeysoninv: 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
Akinomoakin021:
There are conditions attached. It doesn't mean they are optimizing the advantages. Besides, large-scale agriculture will be very difficult in the East compared to other parts. It doesn't mean it is not happening in the South East though. Where agriculture is very difficult on large scale, people will fall back to services and manufacturing with the right incentives.See the bolded
what are they manufacturing in South East? There is no manufacturing hubs in South East stop spilling nonsense here. How many companies is in South East.

4 Likes

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Akinomoakin021: 9:13pm On Dec 22, 2023
okeysoninv:
what are they manufacturing in South East? There is no manufacturing hubs in South East stop spilling nonsense here. How many companies is in South East.
They have, though not as large as they should be. You can reread my response. The fact that high population density is an advantage does not mean they are maximizing the benefits.
Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Ttalk: 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Point out the bile in my post. Abi them swear for this one ni?

Se na only one sentence make you pour out venom like a viper.
Carry your bitter soul comot for my front o. I no get time children hate and partition

1 Like

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Ttalk: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2023
Akinomoakin021:
They have, though not as large as they should be. You can reread my response. The fact that high population density is an advantage does not mean they are maximizing the benefits.

If they have manufacturing companies Imo would not have 50% unemployment rate the highest in the South

3 Likes

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by allabig(m): 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
Uhn
Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by LeoDeKing: 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
SharingIsLife:

If 70% of nairalanders are like this, many problems of this country would have been addressed through this site.

But the problem is over 90% of the members see everything as an avenue for yet another dick-measuring contest.

People should learn how to project themselves without necessarily attempting to talk down on others. Such condescending views of other tribes will only attract negative reactions.

You can't continue insulting me and be expecting praises from me.

You are entirely different from other members of this site. You are a great man and Edumare will continue to elevate you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Akinomoakin021: 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

If 70% of nairalanders are like this, many problems of this country would have been addressed through this site.

But the problem is over 90% of the members see everything as an avenue for yet another dick-measuring contest.

People should learn how to project themselves without necessarily attempting to talk down on others. Such condescending views of other tribes will only attract negative reactions.

You are entirely different from other members of this site. You are a great man and Edumare will continue to elevate you.
I don't know why saying the North doesn't have that advantage should hurt anyone. They are proud of not having such schools. No hurt intended, some people just took offense on it.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by CandidAdmin(m): 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

You are saying one thing, but your signature is saying another!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Typing: 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2023
Akinomoakin021:

: Po plays a major role in prosperity if well utilized

The East is tiny, landlocked and underdeveloped grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Emetex22(m): 12:29am On Dec 23, 2023
Typing:

Yet when they shout Biafra, your migraine escalates 😆 🤣 😂, tiny dot dominating, E shock you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Dmama1991: 4:39am On Dec 23, 2023
Just mention south East and see how children from sadwest we react

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by mrvitalis(m): 6:57am On Dec 23, 2023
Typing:

Yet IMO has bigger GDP than Oyo and Ogun

Lmao

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Ogene001: 6:59am On Dec 23, 2023
Aba and Onitsha remain the most strategically located Nigerian cities followed by Kano.

1 Like

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Ogene001: 7:02am On Dec 23, 2023
Ttalk:
Most of you will wake up to reality when it's already too late

1 Like

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Alexis11: 7:03am On Dec 23, 2023
Low self esteem go injure una. cool
Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by mrvitalis(m): 7:04am On Dec 23, 2023
Ttalk:

If they have manufacturing companies Imo would not have 50% unemployment rate the highest in the South
Some of you just talk for talking sake

Whats manufactured in the east?

East have a fantastic garment industry
East have a fantastic leather industry
East have a fantastic auto parts industry
East has a thriving pharmaceutical industry
East has a fantastic metal industry
East has a thriving cosmetics industry
East has an emerging food industry
East has a thriving energy industry
East has a thriving building material industry

I can go on n on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Alexis11: 7:05am On Dec 23, 2023
mrvitalis:

Yet IMO has bigger GDP than Oyo and Ogun

Lmao

In your dreams. grin
Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by BabaRamota1980: 7:11am On Dec 23, 2023
Is it economic...or a criminal advantage? grin

Chei! You did not hear that from me. grin
Re: Economic Advantages South East Nigeria Has Over Other Regions by Benwallt(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2023
Barren land

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who is Ruling Lagos? Tinubu or Ogunlewe? / Has America Reached Its Zenith? / Missing Edo Commissioner Found Dead In Hotel Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.