Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,431 members, 7,846,792 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

"Let Nigeria Breathe, This Is Our Fatherland And We All Have Equal Rights" - Pri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Let Nigeria Breathe, This Is Our Fatherland And We All Have Equal Rights" - Pri (111 Views)

Buhari: Bayelsa With 8, Kano 44 LGAs Have Equal Senators Shows Fairness / Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . / You Have Equal Rights In Katsina– Gov. Masari Tells Katsina Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Let Nigeria Breathe, This Is Our Fatherland And We All Have Equal Rights" - Pri by onochurch(f): 12:43am On Dec 25, 2023
"LET NIGERIA BREATHE, THIS IS OUR FATHERLAND AND WE ALL HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS" - PRINCESS LOVELINE AGBONIFO ADDRESSES FGN IN A BIRTHDAY SPEECH

One of the most contentious human rights activists, Princess Loveline Agbonifo who's also the publisher of Voice Out Nigerian News, an online and print publication, the Director of Treasure House Media Organisation renowned for developing future leaders and an advocate for children's rights addresses FGN during a birthday speech delivered through a representative of Speak Up Nigeria International as she opined on thoughtless policies created and it's adverse effect on Netizens.

Princess gave thanks to Almighty God for life and an added year, acknowledged the fact that it has been God who directed her steps in life.

In her words:

"I want to say that it is not easy, there are many who are also born on this day, but are no more. It is not by my power but is by God's grace. I want to say I feel so great, so good and honoured. I say thank you Jesus.

"Using this medium of my birthday to wish Nigerians, The Best in this season and also to say that the government should have the citizens in mind as a priority. And if we love Nigeria we should desist from corruption, that is the only way to make Nigeria great."

Further more, Comrade Loveline said her birthday is a means to address Nigerian leaders, says The Future Leaders are the children, with a heavy heart one cannot go ahead to talk about the future leaders without apologizing on the current dire situation presently felt by Nigerians for this is an abuse on their heritage. The children who have their rights, not to be abused or denied shouldn't witness the kind of leadership rulership Netizens are experiencing today . Children have been neglected and abandoned by the Government who refused to give them their rights.

The type of leadership style we are facing in Nigeria today, has made the children lose hope on what they call leadership and this is so sad. She also said, the high prices of things as the situation worsens daily is a total destabilizer of hope for the future leaders."

She appealed to the leaders, says they should look into the high prices of goods and services in Nigeria because it will lead to more insecurity as many children will not be taken care of by their parents as well as future threatened.

Princess Loveline went further to say:
"Counting of my age today is not necessary because age is just a number, being over 40 brings a certain realisation as to whether one has been able to make positive impacts in the society, in quantification I will applaud myself for being able to over come hurdles to be a better person for myself , my children and my immediate family but is my country of birth really a safe dwelling? Is everything fine with the leadership? Something is obviously wrong with the leadership of my country Nigeria but if otherwise then, I will be deceiving myself, may God help us.

As an activist also, is not really easy seeing this present government taking this country backwards to nothing. it is a shame to have a country like Nigeria and nothing is working. A very big shame I want to say again that this present government does not really mean well for this country."

She emphasize, Nigeria belongs to everyone and not some specific people:
"Nigeria is for everybody; it is my father's land and I have equal rights as every individual in this country, likewise every other person even a day old baby; so nobody should own it more than any other person. If anything is going wrong in the country everyone of us has the right to speak out, this is our Dear Nation" She said.

"As an activist we cannot stop advocating for better Nigeria as for those that are on top who believe that whosoever advocate for better Nigeria should be silence by being arrested or killed.

Talking of good leadership, the people have rights to speak out in one accord when things are going wrong, afterall, there were previous leaders and there will still be Leaders after when the present administration leaves. If their predecessors were killing or arresting people, I don't think they would have the privilege to be there today so they should let Nigerians breathe"

She urged Nigerians to keep to the pledge in our National Anthem and pledge, says
in the Yuletide season, 85% of Nigeria children will be begging for alms, 10% will be affected with insecurity while 5% will be celebrating.

As one of the mothers of the Nation and national pride I will not stop praying for the unity and progress of this country and want to say that so many things are wrong with our leadership style. I want to see that what is said in the pledge and national anthem is put into practice; if not, the spirit of our past heroes will strike anyone who do not keep to the national pledge we recite daily. Let our constitution work for us, let the law stand and let there be Justice."
Corruption should end on the table of the leaders that is the only way we can get it right

She ends by admonishing INEC and the Judiciary system to seize from corrupt practices else they will face law of karma soon.

"Long live Nigeria!
Long live Future leaders and long live the Lovers of better Nigeria!!

(1) (Reply)

Like I Did With Buhari, I'll Assess Tinubu's Government After One Year — Soyinka / Last Haveyoursay247 Of 2023: Akeredolu's Death, A Review Of The Year That Was / Ben Kalu Exemplifies Collaborative Leadership— Rep. Onuigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.