Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! (43004 Views)

My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help / How To Check The Fuel Guage To Ensure It's Still Working / A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by EnkayDezign: 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2023
As we enjoy this yuletide season let's us beware of this fuel stattions and their antics. The fuel wey I buy for 35K at N600/litre no even reach half tank!! how nah!!?

Please be very vigilant of these fuel stations during this period, especially in Ibadan.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Xscape1993(m): 2:41pm On Dec 25, 2023
I will not pay...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by RepoMan007: 2:43pm On Dec 25, 2023
Drinkable spirit or PMS?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Westerhoffe(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2023
Means your Drive's maximum tank capacity is about 233 litres?

Is your car Volkwagen Pheaton?

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by overdrive(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2023
58 liters

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Chicagograduate(m): 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2023
You see the tricks those fuel attendants uses when you are not at alert in the queue.
They will sell fuel to the customer queueing before you at 2k or 5k.They will ask you how much fuel do you want to buy.When you say 10k,they will insert the fuel pump into your car fuel tank and continue from where the they sold to the previous customer.
I have caught them twice when I went to purchase fuel in my 25litres gallon.
He had to turn the fuel back into the reservoir and start afresh.
Even their managers or supervisors are aware of their fraud.They have a cut in the illegal deals.

271 Likes 19 Shares

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Soulsymbol99: 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Means your Drive's maximum tank capacity is about 233 litres?

Is your car Volkwagen Pheaton?

Na Honda accord be that

9 Likes

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Deerahone: 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2023
Op might be the kind of people that will sit tightly inside the car and tell the pump attendant to put 35k fuel while they form big guy inside the car without monitoring the dispenser

215 Likes 12 Shares

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by tuoyoojo(m): 5:59pm On Dec 25, 2023
Them Don run OP Street o

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by senator2k9(m): 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2023
My dream car...2014 Honda accord

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by spinna: 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2023
Fuel outside lagos is more expensive than in Lagos..

The same amount would have bought more in Lagos

10 Likes

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by kayswag100(m): 7:34pm On Dec 25, 2023
With all your fuel purchases, you've got to be vigilant. Monitor from start to finish to avoid stories that touch

19 Likes

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Kasdat5(m): 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2023
Me I leave my ignition on & watch as the bar rises , those fuel attendants are criminals . I don't even greet them or return their pleasantries until after business . Make dem no use gist confuse person . Guide well abeg .

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Crokky: 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2023
Chicagograduate:
You see the tricks those fuel attendants uses when you are not at alert in the queue.
They will sell fuel to the customer queueing before you at 2k or 5k.They will ask you how much fuel do you want to buy.When you say 10k,they will insert the fuel pump into your car fuel tank and continue from where the they sold to the previous customer.

Even their managers or supervisors are aware of their fraud.They have a cut in the illegal deals.
Very common in ibadan,I have been a victim a number of times

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Zidoh(m): 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2023
I keep wondering what's exactly is the problem of we Nigerians..... At this critical time of high fuel cost those filling station till get mind to swindle the buyer... Criminal mind is not until someone kill someone oooo.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Whois(m): 11:56pm On Dec 25, 2023
This fuel no reach 15k

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Gadafii: 6:32am On Dec 26, 2023
Chicagograduate:
this thing you just said now I have been in a gathering where a fuel pump attendant was replaying his exploit on how he defrauds buyers using this same tactic you just explained, he sometimes connive with drivers of big men and corporate bodies to sell fuel worth of 50k to the driver, issue receipt of 75/80k the two of them share the rest

the station managers are aware of these things

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by ruggedtimi(m): 8:36am On Dec 26, 2023
Chicagograduate:
very true

6 Likes

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Connoisseur(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2023
The car is a Hyundai Sonata, right?

I have experience with this car, so Id ask some questions
- was your ignition on at the time ( engine not running)?
- was there any change in the needle after the refuel?

Reason been some times of my engine is off but ignition is on, I won't notice any needle change after refuelling till after some time or until I top up again.
In this case though, there won't be any needle change at all, that's why I asked the second question above.

5 Likes

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Chicagograduate(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2023
Gadafii:
this thing you just said now I have been in a gathering where a fuel pump attendant was replaying his exploit on how he defrauds buyers using this same tactic you just explained, he sometimes connive with drivers of big men and corporate bodies to sell fuel worth of 50k to the driver, issue receipt of 75/80k the two of them share the rest

the station managers are aware of these things
The attendants will be asking how much they should write in the receipt.
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by GanagiBitrus: 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2023
That fuel should be less than ₦20k.

OP, you mean you were swindled of over ₦15k & you did nothing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by wwwtortoise(m): 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2023
sad

1 Like

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Princeton92(m): 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2023
EnkayDezign:
As we enjoy this yuletide season let's us beware of this fuel stattions and their antics. The fuel wey I buy for 35K at N600/litre no even reach half tank!! how nah!!?
Please be very vigilant of these fuel stations during this period, especially in Ibadan.

What car is this please?
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by Resetinc: 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2023
Haa
Where is the fuel nah ?? Abi you just wan show us your car odometer?? 😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by porthouse7(f): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2023
Always buy in a transparent keg
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by icekalito(m): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2023
EnkayDezign:

aha han bros this first hyndia sonata and 8k fuel max 10k will give you 3 bar .. its not possible boss .

1 Like

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by waledeji(m): 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2023
Your fuel gauge is not functioning properly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by ecolime(m): 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2023
Na air dem sell for you
Re: See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! by noobody(m): 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2023
All filling stations this period are all scams!!most esp NNPC stations selling at 568,
The one litre is not complete at all
I take 10 litres keg I buy 6500 naira fuel,it has never been complete 10 litres before,never even reached the 10ltres mark
They are all fraudulent this days,even those selling at 600+/ltr

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means / Is This The Best Car For Nigerian Roads? - Photos / Reliability Of Mercedes Benz C240/c320

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.