Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

2023 Christmas: Governor Alia's Message To Benue People (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Christmas: Governor Alia's Message To Benue People (photo) (206 Views)

Angry Youths Stone, Boo Governor Alia In Makurdi / Governor Alia Flags Off Construction Of 16 Roads In Benue (Photos) / Governor Alia Flags Off Housing Project In Benue On His First Day In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2023 Christmas: Governor Alia's Message To Benue People (photo) by Freestyl(m): 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2023
My wonderful people of Benue,

2.​ I heartily felicitate with you, particularly our fellow Christian brothers and sisters across the State, Nigeria, and indeed the world over, on the occasion of this year’s Christmas celebration.

3.​ The anniversary of the birth of Jesus Christ affords us the opportunity to exude love for one another, and to share gifts and quality time with the less privileged, our friends and families.

4.​ It is a moment for us to imbibe the timeless values of compassion, tolerance and forgiveness irrespective of ethnic, cultural and historical differences, as exemplified by the birth and life of Jesus Christ.

5. ​I personally find this Yuletide very unique. It is my first as your Governor. Seven months ago, I formally was handed the baton of leadership as unanimously determined by millions of you at the polls. It is my resolve and that of every member of my team never to let you down.

6.​ It is partly for this reason that we recently handed 100 buses to the State-owned Benue Links transport company, mandating them to ensure that every commuter in Benue enjoys subsidized rates of transportation to their various destinations, especially during this Yuletide and afterwards.

7.​ More so, just last week, I flagged off the distribution of grains and other food items as palliatives across the 276 council wards in the State. The aim is not only to bring succour to the masses in view of the effects of the removal of fuel subsidy; the move is also geared towards translating RENEWED HOPE into reality in form of tokens of tangible dividends of democracy to cater for our most immediate needs.

8.​ Prompt payment of workers’ salaries is another statutory obligation that has come to stay under my watch. Be assured that the best is even yet to come.

9.​ It is my belief that the birth of Jesus Christ as the Prince of Peace will ignite in us the optimism of hope that we can be better than our current circumstances. I therefore, enjoin us all to strive to be better than we are today, combining our faith with exemplary conduct.

10.​ I call on you all to shun acts that dislocate unity amongst us. We must learn to live in harmony with all and sundry irrespective of our various religious, ethnic and political leanings.

11.​ I admonish you to resist being swayed by desperate, selfish and disgruntled politicians who are only interested in weaponizing you to cause divisions, mischief and disharmony. Always watch out for their media propaganda often couched in press conferences, staged video clips, doctored audio files and messages.

12.​ Most importantly, watch out especially for those who have abdicated their primary legislative responsibilities which you voted them to Abuja to perform. Be very wary of them at this crucial period as they have sadly failed to jointly sponsor even one newsworthy bill in the whole of the last six months, but have rather resorted to poisoning your minds with hate in the bid to divide and conquer.

13.​ In this season of hope, I urge you to remember to visit the sick, as well as provide refuge to those who cannot enjoy Christmas at home with their families, or have been sacked from their homes by insurgency or violence, particularly the IDPs.

14.​ I specially commend all security agencies, the civil society, the youth and all relevant stakeholders across the state, for upping your game during this period. I hope that this patriotic act of yours would be sustained even after the current celebrations.

15.​ It is my profound conviction that better days lie ahead of us as a people. I look forward to a rancour-free Benue in which goodwill, love, unity and prosperity reign supreme.

16.​ I wish you all happy Christmas celebrations.

Re: 2023 Christmas: Governor Alia's Message To Benue People (photo) by Luckylife(m): 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Seyi Makinde Sack Hundred’s Staffs Of because / A Constructed Language As Nigeria's Official Language / Ipob: Igbo Leaders Should Shun Provoking Utterances.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.