Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,106 members, 7,849,449 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:47 PM

Flashed My MTN Mobile Wifi MF920W Router With A Custome Rom(beeline_c51a) And... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Flashed My MTN Mobile Wifi MF920W Router With A Custome Rom(beeline_c51a) And... (203 Views)

Flashed My MTN Mobile Wifi MF920W Router With A Custome Rom(beeline_c51a) And... / See The Number That Just Flashed Me A While Ago / How Do I View Numbers Sharing My Mtn Data With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashed My MTN Mobile Wifi MF920W Router With A Custome Rom(beeline_c51a) And... by Stupidanimal: 2:41pm On Dec 26, 2023
now, I cannot connect using the push button.

Okay, so I wanted to use my Airtel SIM on this MTN-only router.

I stumbled on a website and downloaded this upgrade software. I connect my router with a usb cable and it loaded the rom successfully.

How am I sure it worked? Now, for the first time, the router name has changed - now, Beeline_C51A.

But I cannot connect to the router. It's not as if the password gets rejected when I try to connect. Actually, I don't know the password because it was given as a gift and the person who gave me does not remember the password and has discarded the pack. So normally, I used to connect using the push button (with some broom or pin). Now, I have tried using the push method and it wouldn't connect.

Anyone have the router's original firmware so I can downgrade to the original stock rom.

All suggestions appreciated.
Re: Flashed My MTN Mobile Wifi MF920W Router With A Custome Rom(beeline_c51a) And... by tsdarkside(m): 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2023
flashing roms yourself is very dangerous....
could damage the ol electronic....
Re: Flashed My MTN Mobile Wifi MF920W Router With A Custome Rom(beeline_c51a) And... by Stupidanimal: 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2023
tsdarkside:
flashing roms yourself is very dangerous....
could damage the ol electronic....

To be frank, I regret my actions.

Now I cannot connect using the push button. And this means I cannot be connected to the router.

Edit: Thankfully, I am able to connect some minutes ago using a usb cable though.

I don't know how I could revert to the old stock rom. In my programs file. there is still the old mtn files and setup
Re: Flashed My MTN Mobile Wifi MF920W Router With A Custome Rom(beeline_c51a) And... by tsdarkside(m): 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2023
Stupidanimal:

To be frank, I regret my actions.

Now I cannot connect using the push button. And this means I cannot be connected to the router.

Edit: Thankfully, I am able to connect some minutes ago using a usb cable though.

I don't know how I could revert to the old stock rom. In my programs file. there is still the old mtn files and setup

i have no idea....sorry....
Re: Flashed My MTN Mobile Wifi MF920W Router With A Custome Rom(beeline_c51a) And... by Stupidanimal: 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2023
I would appreciate contributions
Re: Flashed My MTN Mobile Wifi MF920W Router With A Custome Rom(beeline_c51a) And... by Stupidanimal: 4:44pm On Dec 26, 2023
How do I downgrade the router firmware. Please guys, help me.

(1) (Reply)

Phone For Content Creation / TECNO SPARK 20 AFCON Watch Party / Is There Anyone With Samsung Galaxy Edge (6,6plus Or 7)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.