Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

The African Woman, When?� - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The African Woman, When?� (28520 Views)

Wedding Styles For African Woman – Aso Ebi Styles 2021 / The African Stars Reality Tv Show / Latest Ankara Styles Ideas For African Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The African Woman, When?� by iamtardey: 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
YesGodcan:
Every shit will hit front page. NL which
NL
Re: The African Woman, When?� by Benwallt(m): 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2023
It's as is if you have reach menopause
Re: The African Woman, When?� by Angelfrost(m): 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2023
Jada Pinkett Association be looking at you like:

embarassed undecided
Re: The African Woman, When?� by incogni2o: 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2023
What of no make up movement.

The way our people have so low esteem and confidence, you are already beautiful , they'll brain wash you to use make up spoil everything. (abi wetin I go call am)

1 Like

Re: The African Woman, When?� by amnesty7: 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2023
Greenfaces:
It's even forbidden in islam
Correct!
Re: The African Woman, When?� by francismob: 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2023
I had to log in cos of this topic. I always use this as a guests most times. The next generation would be indebted to you for life if you pull this off. One of the reasons it's hard for me to see where to plant my seed in some of these girls. Physical traits is what each person should hone and be original about. From my philosophical view. Women wearing wigs can't raise confident children. Logging out again

8 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by funshint(m): 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2023
I support you on these ...I always feel scammed when I see that thing.

1 Like

Re: The African Woman, When?� by DeOTR: 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2023
NoSmoking:
You will be assassinated

Sorry to say

🦩
cheesy
Re: The African Woman, When?� by finallybusy: 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2023
Good luck in your endeavour.
Re: The African Woman, When?� by amnesty7: 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2023
funshint:
I support you on these ...I always feel scammed when I see that thing.
It is a scam, sure.
Re: The African Woman, When?� by AfroBeatDiary: 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2023
Yashita:
African/Nigerian women love hair attachments and wigs. I just don’t like putting on my head anything that is not growing naturally from my head.

These Asian women that we see their hair as the world’s standard of beauty cajrry their natural hair year in year out all through the seasons (winter/summer/spring/fall) taking care of their hairs with their locally made products and never feeling the need to wear wigs to “protect” their hairs during harsh seasons.

In fact, when I get rich, I’d like to start a movement/NGO to help African women emancipate themselves from mental slavery. Our natural Afro hair should be our standard of beauty.

We can research and locally produce hair care products and accessories. Grants would be given to researchers/manufacturers of Afro hair products.

Natural Afro hair stylists will be rewarded from time to time.

Schools and higher institutions will be visited often time to sensitise people/girls/women to embrace their Afro hair and be stylish with it.

There’d be a TV show/program where natural hair carriers would creatively style their hairs and earn like BBN, etc.

When would this start? cry

Can we see your face without the wig first.
Re: The African Woman, When?� by Ulunne777(f): 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2023
And the way it's making alot of my fellow women bald ehn!
To look at themselves in the mirror when they remove every every at night even fears them.

8 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by KingRoiz(m): 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2023
Damn... U just spoke my intentions. I've had this idea came to me sometime ago earlier this year too...
It's like we suddenly choosing to use medical oxygen instead of breathing in natural air to prove high taste.
Some ladies have damaged their beautiful natural hair in line with trends etc... no matter how we boast, nature is always above every and anything artificial.
Interestingly I know some dangerously rich millionaire wives and ladies who 98% of the times in events use their natural hair, short or long and their beauty is irresistibly irresistible. Whereas, poorer broke ladies be wearing expensive hairs to prove a point that even men have no idea which is which.

Yashita:
African/Nigerian women love hair attachments and wigs. I just don’t like putting on my head anything that is not growing naturally from my head.

These Asian women that we see their hair as the world’s standard of beauty carry their natural hair year in year out all through the seasons (winter/summer/spring/fall) taking care of their hairs with their locally made products and never feeling the need to wear wigs to “protect” their hairs during harsh seasons.

In fact, when I get rich, I’d like to start a movement/NGO to help African women emancipate themselves from mental slavery. Our natural Afro hair should be our standard of beauty.

We can research and locally produce hair care products and accessories. Grants would be given to researchers/manufacturers of Afro hair products.

Schools and higher institutions will be visited often time to sensitise people/girls/women to embrace their Afro hair and be stylish with it.

There’d be a TV show/program where natural hair carriers would creatively style their hairs and earn like BBN, etc.

2 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Lyricalz01: 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2023
Yashita:

These Asian women that we see their hair as the world’s standard of beauty carry their natural hair year in year out all through the seasons (winter/summer/spring/fall) taking care of their hairs with their locally made products and never feeling the need to wear wigs to “protect” their hairs during harsh seasons.

Nice Idea, I will sponsor you,
the only thing be say I never be billionaire yet, just give me some few years, make I blow first.
Re: The African Woman, When?� by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
After buying 5 different wigs i still went on to fix french curls braids for Christmas. Kill yaself! grin grin
Re: The African Woman, When?� by YelloweWest: 9:42pm On Dec 28, 2023
BusterG:
I'm a guy and i honestly support this.

The one that baffles me is when seeing African ladies wearing wigs abroad.
Like WTF, how do you expect the people who you bought their hair to admire you.

TEAM NATURAL HAIR/AFRO/DREADS/DIDI/ALLBACK........ ANYDAY ANYTIME TWICE ON A THURSDAY
I have alopecia.

Wearing wigs is a must for me

3 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Rukevwe999(m): 9:42pm On Dec 28, 2023
It's idealist but may not be easy to achieve. The idea behind wig wearing among Nigerian women has a lot to do with the mainstream standard of beauty in our society and how we see ourselves, which stems from our colonial upbringing. Some of our current beauty standards are influenced by the West and the media. Subconsciously we look up to the west when it comes to matters like this, especially appearance. To many anything African equates backwardness.
Our culture plays a big role in this too. Wigs and some of these foreign hairstyles are expensive, and having the latest wig or bone-straight is a sign of affluence for some women.
Again, Nigerian men are nuts for foreign women or anything of that imitation - why do you think many of them prefer "fair" women with straight hair flowing below their shoulders? In order to attract an ideal man some women go far as bleaching their skin, putting on wigs and fake lashes to imitate western beauty.

7 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by noskcid(m): 9:44pm On Dec 28, 2023
Nairaland is just getting stupid by the day
Rubbish mods
Re: The African Woman, When?� by KosiGee(m): 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2023
Yashita:
Dear MOD, let's push this to front page to get more sensitization

I love this. Attachments are horrible especially the natural ones. How can someone have another person’s hair on their head.

Do this. I’m sure you’ll get lots of support.

2 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2023
Akinowon123:
I automatically get turned off anytime I see ladies in wig. I don't know why
I hope you do not use cologne, belts and wristwatch. I hope you are on skin hairstyle too with no hairline shaping. I do hope you wear only buba and soro too. Doing anything other than the mention will be very hypocritical of you. grin

1 Like

Re: The African Woman, When?� by OdefaGirl(f): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2023
Start your movement in peace, while me and my Gees wear our wigs in peace.
It's not like we are disturbing anyone with it.
It still didn't mean we don't plait either and moreover underneath our wigs are our all-back weaves.
Some don't like dying their hairs and not too comfortable with their brownish hairs, some don't even have free time to sit and plait their preferred hairs, most feel it doesn't really suit them. Some can't even comb their hairs often cz of pain.

Please, in this life; Do yours, let us do ours.

3 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by francismob: 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2023
Just picture wig on Dr Okonjo Iweala. That would make a proper clown!

4 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Iceberg3: 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2023
Yashita:

No pictures!?
Re: The African Woman, When?� by MrJames007: 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2023
I thought I was the only one who dislikes wig.

You know this thing is not your real hair (fake hair) yet you still use it on your head and do shakara. undecided
Natural all back weaving looks better than any wig regardless of the price.

3 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Iceberg3: 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2023
accordadoga21 mama grin:
Hehehe

Goodluck!!!

I stopped wearing wigs 5 years ago
Re: The African Woman, When?� by francismob: 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2023
This topic makes me cringe a lot. I never take anything coming from a woman with wig serious cos I know something is fundamentally wrong. Even Michelle Obama!

4 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by We4all: 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
SIRTee15:

This is my biggest issue.
I understand if Nigerians at home wear wigs. But I can't get my head around why black women abroad will be wearing wig.
Do they think other race don't know it's not their hair. Who are u trying to impress with a fake hair.
It's lack of ingenuity and confidence issue to carry dead and fake hair for head and think people will be impressed.
Black women, adorn your hair; leave all this Asian and Latin hair alone.

When you go abroad, why don't you go with your native wears? Why try to copy the westerner's mode of dressing? At least be confident enough to show off your African culture by wearing your agbada 247.

2 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by billyG(m): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
Wig,weave on, attachments African women made it a multi-billion dollar industry....some of those hair are from dead people
Re: The African Woman, When?� by We4all: 10:11pm On Dec 28, 2023
MrJames007:
I thought I was the only one who dislikes wig.

You know this thing is not your real hair (fake hair) yet you still use it on your head and do shakara. undecided
Natural all back weaving looks better than any wig regardless of the price.

Convince your partner to rock weaving and leave other women alone bayi.

1 Like

Re: The African Woman, When?� by jaxxy(m): 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2023
Yashita:

wigs started from European women despite having long hair they wanted to have more options of switching to brunette, blonde and other hair styles without necessarily changing their natural hair.

This was what bore the concept of wigs and not any African slavery like u guy like assume.

wigs were originally made for whites not blacks..

Blacks only joined later with afro wigs both female and male wigs and tge females kept updating newer styles.

wigs are for everybody.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Mr And Miss Imo State Pageant Audition As Grand Finale Holds 16th / Stephanie Umogbai And Damola Win Face Of The World Pageant / Lady’s Eyebrows, Makeup Excite Nigerians (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.