Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

The African Woman, When?� - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The African Woman, When?� (28517 Views)

Wedding Styles For African Woman – Aso Ebi Styles 2021 / The African Stars Reality Tv Show / Latest Ankara Styles Ideas For African Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The African Woman, When?� by lexy2014: 6:55am On Dec 29, 2023
Rukevwe999:

All these has a lotQql to do with how we see ourselves as a people. The white men don't need to force wigs on our women's head, it's a mere influence of an higher culture over a seemingly lower one. To many blacks, even outside, being light skinned in complexion, acting white and looking white is a sign of high status or sophistication. In colonial times people who were able measure up to the white men's standard of life easily got favours from them.
And yes, many Nigerian guys are nuts for foreign women. They will ditch their girlfriends for a Caucasian woman with blue eyes and blonde hair if they had the chance.

you have not answered my questions

1. How did u come to the conclusion that " Nigerian men are nuts for foreign women or anything of that imitation"?.

2. What research did you do that proves that nigerian men prefer light skinned ladies?

3. Did British colonialist force wigs, weavon and extensions on Nigerian ladies during the colonial era?

In colonial era, did Nigerian women wear wigs, weavon and extension?

1 Like

Re: The African Woman, When?� by mignone(f): 6:55am On Dec 29, 2023
YelloweWest:

I have alopecia.

Wearing wigs is a must for me
Wigs for u is kinda therapeutic if u're yet to explore other options.
Re: The African Woman, When?� by Anunakeeh: 6:59am On Dec 29, 2023
NoSmoking:
You will be assassinated

Sorry to say.

Exactly what i wanted to say.

The hair industry is a Multi Billion Dollar industry. Expression, Amigo and so on.

The Lebanese, China, Nigerian Marketers, Distributors, Salons and Hair Stylists are cashing out big time due to the brainwashing of African ladies and women.

I hate that Wig like shiiiit.

4 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Simigbe: 7:24am On Dec 29, 2023
Omoawoke2:

I love this, please let me know when you start. I can donate to your NGO

Please if u can out of Will give me something to repair my Work machine u will be helping a family of 3 ..pls u will never lack ijn
9014360944 Opay
Rowlan
Re: The African Woman, When?� by DrAda(f): 7:26am On Dec 29, 2023
YelloweWest:

I have alopecia.

Wearing wigs is a must for me

Some of the comments here smack of ignorance and it is just absolutely shameful. I wear wigs all the time as well due to health related reasons.

1 Like

Re: The African Woman, When?� by zoedew: 7:33am On Dec 29, 2023
Yashita:
African/Nigerian women love hair attachments and wigs. I just don’t like putting on my head anything that is not growing naturally from my head.

These Asian women that we see their hair as the world’s standard of beauty carry their natural hair year in year out all through the seasons (winter/summer/spring/fall) taking care of their hairs with their locally made products and never feeling the need to wear wigs to “protect” their hairs during harsh seasons.

In fact, when I get rich, I’d like to start a movement/NGO to help African women emancipate themselves from mental slavery. Our natural Afro hair should be our standard of beauty.

We can research and locally produce hair care products and accessories. Grants would be given to researchers/manufacturers of Afro hair products.

Natural Afro hair stylists will be rewarded from time to time.

Schools and higher institutions will be visited often time to sensitise people/girls/women to embrace their Afro hair and be stylish with it.

There’d be a TV show/program where natural hair carriers would creatively style their hairs and earn like BBN, etc.

When would this start? cry
All the deceitful looks will stop. Folks who are not contented with how God created them and turning themselves into something else! Many have so-called fingernails that are actually talons of eagles! Raise the dead and feed 10 billion people Jesus will still look at your painted face and talons for fingernails and tell you "depart from me you workers of iniquity!"

2 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by pocohantas(f): 7:36am On Dec 29, 2023
DrAda:

Some of the comments here smack of ignorance and it is just absolutely shameful. I wear wigs all the time as well due to health related reasons.

Extreme ignorance. They think the afro they see in black themed movies is what the natural hair of most Nigerian women look like? Hahaha!

Some go be like the woman dey mad!

I saw shege in the hands of my natural hair. I spent money. Was always visiting natural hair salons. They are more expensive than the average hairdresser too. I could never leave it without keeping it in a style. Even if it cornrows. I also had to change my cornrows more frequently.

I tried short hair. That one is another money pit. Unlike men that see their barbers at every corner for N1000. Female barbers are high end professionals that the average 100k earning woman cannot afford. My barber was so proud and rude.

Let me not talk about the headache from touching and combing my hair everyday. My face would be red. Even my arms were hurting from always being up to style the hair every morning.

Abeg, they should go look for it on their mother's head. I done buy wig this month after a long time before I die for PanAfrican movement. grin grin grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The African Woman, When?� by NigerianAngelo(m): 7:39am On Dec 29, 2023
Supported, Yashita.

1. It is better to find a way to boost your hair through food and refreshment

2. Also campaign for the end of shavings in Secondary School. It destroys 6 years (=lifetime) of girl hair growth.

2 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Charisma01: 7:49am On Dec 29, 2023
Yashita:
African/Nigerian women love hair attachments and wigs. I just don’t like putting on my head anything that is not growing naturally from my head.

These Asian women that we see their hair as the world’s standard of beauty carry their natural hair year in year out all through the seasons (winter/summer/spring/fall) taking care of their hairs with their locally made products and never feeling the need to wear wigs to “protect” their hairs during harsh seasons.

In fact, when I get rich, I’d like to start a movement/NGO to help African women emancipate themselves from mental slavery. Our natural Afro hair should be our standard of beauty.

We can research and locally produce hair care products and accessories. Grants would be given to researchers/manufacturers of Afro hair products.

Natural Afro hair stylists will be rewarded from time to time.

Schools and higher institutions will be visited often time to sensitise people/girls/women to embrace their Afro hair and be stylish with it.

There’d be a TV show/program where natural hair carriers would creatively style their hairs and earn like BBN, etc.

When would this start? cry

I love you.
I'm an advocate of women wearing their natural hair. I always argue with them why God blesses you with natural hair and you say he doesn't know what he is doing and then put rubber, then you start scratching your head everytime.

3 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by folake4u(f): 7:49am On Dec 29, 2023
Una go dey alright oh. I don buy wig this month. I go still fix attachment for my head soon.

1 Like

Re: The African Woman, When?� by pocohantas(f): 7:50am On Dec 29, 2023
folake4u:
Una go dey alright oh. I don buy wig this month. I go still fix attachment for my head soon.

Normal 🤝🤝🤝

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The African Woman, When?� by Juoflife1(f): 7:52am On Dec 29, 2023
Make una rest abeg.
Re: The African Woman, When?� by folake4u(f): 7:55am On Dec 29, 2023
pocohantas:

Normal 🤝🤝🤝

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes oh.

They will boldly give their side chicks 200k for bone straight wig and tell understanding girlfriend there is no money for Christmas.
Re: The African Woman, When?� by pocohantas(f): 7:59am On Dec 29, 2023
folake4u:

Yes oh.

They will boldly give their side chicks 200k for bone straight wig and tell understanding girlfriend there is no money for Christmas.

"Yenyenyen, my wife doesn't like wigs, she doesn't like iPhone and Range Rover. She prefers kiko and ijapa".

But your side chick likes bone straight?
And you buy am. grin grin grin grin
Re: The African Woman, When?� by folake4u(f): 8:01am On Dec 29, 2023
pocohantas:

"Yenyenyen, my wife doesn't like wigs, she doesn't like iPhone and Range Rover. She prefers kiko and ijapa".

But your side chick likes bone straight?
And you buy am. grin grin grin grin

Dont mind them.

Osim "I love all back on my wife's head". grin grin
Re: The African Woman, When?� by tnerro1(m): 8:04am On Dec 29, 2023
Abeg we need no bra movements, those standing nipples dey bust my brain
Re: The African Woman, When?� by luminouz(m): 8:05am On Dec 29, 2023
Lmaooo...

The Wig-advocates already peppering us....

Just come out and tell us you are all baldies!!! Or your hair started from the middle of your head!!! 🤣🤣🤣

We won't kill you. Minoxidil/Rogaine is here to help you. 😉.

On another hand, good healthy sperm rubbed on your bald heads is faster than a bullet. So get on your diick-kites, ladies and start fvcking for those sperm shampoos!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Buffalo2(m): 8:15am On Dec 29, 2023
Only if they know that men still appreciate the cornrows under those smelly wigs
Re: The African Woman, When?� by Kingson28: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2023
Women generally have a congenital disease/problem of SELF-HATE.
There is nothing NATURAL on their body that they don’t HATE and seek to CORRECT.
So, don’t worry yourself - that problem has progressed from being genetic to being demonic in them.
When low self esteem combines with self hate it is a psychiatric anomaly.
It takes more than just a movement to solve or stop or cure it.

4 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Acidosis(m): 8:31am On Dec 29, 2023
Ulunne777:
And the way it's making alot of my fellow women bald ehn!
To look at themselves in the mirror when they remove every every at night even fears them.

Nawao. So what's the point? Self confidence at day, only to go back to cry in your bed at night? Lol

2 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by Acidosis(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2023
Rukevwe999:

Again, Nigerian men are nuts for foreign women or anything of that imitation - why do you think many of them prefer "fair" women with straight hair flowing below their shoulders? In order to attract an ideal man some women go far as bleaching their skin, putting on wigs and fake lashes to imitate western beauty.

Don't put the blame on men. I don't know any Nigerian man that prefers wigs. I have never met anyone. This thread is a testament. Women do many things to compete and outdo themselves. It's never about men.

2 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by MisfitHPG: 8:43am On Dec 29, 2023
Akinowon123:
I automatically get turned off anytime I see ladies in wig. I don't know why
all these lies should end in 2023

1 Like

Re: The African Woman, When?� by pocohantas(f): 8:52am On Dec 29, 2023
folake4u:

Dont mind them.

Osim "I love all back on my wife's head". grin grin

His wife's head na. E no go monitor im wife head, still monitor another man own. Make everybody face im wife head.

grin grin
Re: The African Woman, When?� by folake4u(f): 8:55am On Dec 29, 2023
pocohantas:

His wife's head na. E no go monitor im wife head, still monitor another man own. Make everybody face im wife head.

grin grin

😂😂

Re: The African Woman, When?� by ComeToJesus: 9:09am On Dec 29, 2023
Please do. Start.
All of a sudden, my beautiful African sisters believe that African hair is of inferior quality.

I detest extensions with all my being. The beauty of a woman starts in being original and appreciating, maintaining and being content with what God gave her.

I mean, I love it when my wife combs her natural hair and part it to one side. I see unadulterated looks in that.

I will support that campaign 100%
Count on me

2 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by ComeToJesus: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2023
Kingson28:
Women generally have a congenital disease/problem of SELF-HATE.
There is nothing NATURAL on their body that they don’t HATE and seek to CORRECT.
So, don’t worry yourself - that problem has progressed from being genetic to being demonic in them.
When low self esteem combines with self hate it is a psychiatric anomaly.
It takes more than just a movement to solve or stop or cure it.
They really hate themselves. Every part of their body has a replaceable spare part that doesn't have to go bad before they replace it.

2 Likes

Re: The African Woman, When?� by YelloweWest: 9:20am On Dec 29, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol I wonder why you have alopecia?

Alot of nigerian women don't have long hair.

If you don't know how to take care of your natural hair and believe your hair is "hard" or can't grow, you will treat it as such. It's a shame.

Your definition of alopecia is short hair?

I'm literally bald on som areas of my head. No growth whatsoever.

My mother had it. My sisters as well.

So stop with this blanket statement. People wear wigs for different reasons!
Re: The African Woman, When?� by nkpommpko(m): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2023
They will fight you hard.

1 Like

Re: The African Woman, When?� by bonnez(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2023
Abeg start ooo, e go help us men save money biko.
Re: The African Woman, When?� by Deogratiasfx: 9:38am On Dec 29, 2023
1Alex:
You don't have to be rich to start the movement. Just start, you'd be surprise to see influencial people that will promote it.

You are correct but the real problem is, if a broke person does it, it will be taken that it is because she does not have but let a very wealthy and influential person does it and see if it will not become standard.
No matter how much u paint and fix nails and do these things, true remains that when the artificial is removed from the natural whatever remains is the real u.
Re: The African Woman, When?� by 1Alex: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

You are correct but the real problem is, if a broke person does it, it will be taken that it is because she does not have but let a very wealthy and influential person does it and see if it will not become standard.
No matter how much u paint and fix nails and do these things, true remains that when the artificial is removed from the natural whatever remains is the real u.
should write a good proposal, present it to celebrities she think would have great impact through social media. It may sell
Re: The African Woman, When?� by Rukevwe999(m): 9:53am On Dec 29, 2023
Acidosis:

Don't put the blame on men. I don't know any Nigerian man that prefers wigs. I have never met anyone. This thread is a testament. Women do many things to compete and outdo themselves. It's never about men.
I understand, women go through many beauty procedures to compete with themselves, but wigs are just a substitute to the fancy hairdos women wear. The purpose of beauty is attraction and men(and media) subtly play a role in influencing beauty standards amongst women. Most guys I know would go gaga for a woman with straight long hair and heavy makeup at first impression, they won't care until later that she's been putting on a wig. If more of our men appreciated female afro and other African hairdos, women would gradually shift back to that standard and create a competition there. It's in a way like demand and supply.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Mr And Miss Imo State Pageant Audition As Grand Finale Holds 16th / Stephanie Umogbai And Damola Win Face Of The World Pageant / Lady’s Eyebrows, Makeup Excite Nigerians (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.