Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation (16029 Views)

Edo: Why Deputy Governor's Budgetary Allocation Was Slashed - Speaker, Agbebaku / Edo Crisis: Anxiety In Oshiomhole's Camp As Support For Obaseki Swells / Edo Crisis: Senators, Ex-ministers Join Forces With APC Govs Against Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation by IfnobeGod20: 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2023
WorldRichest:
Can your mind be clean if your face is ugly and dirty like Obaseki's face?

You all will see what the combination of Adams Oshiomhole and Nyezom Wike the wicked one will do to Obaseki. Just watch out. I hope by now you all know that Tinubu is not Buhari who doesn't know how to use his Presidential powers. You saw Imo and Kogi elections. You also saw that Goatluck Jonathan had to beg Tinubu to leave Bayelsa for him. You also saw Tinubu's intervention in Rivers crisis despite the noise by Rivers people

Edo governorship election will be like Kogi where the noise maker Dino Melaye got less than 50,000 votes in the whole state. That was about 7% of total vote cast
You people always forget state peculiarity. What can happen politically in Lagos, may not politically happen in Edo. Same way what can happen politically in Kano, may not happen politically in Benue. State peculiarity must be taken into consideration. No doubt you may want to try your luck to do or exhibit what happen in Osun in Zamfara but I have to tell you the attendant repercussion will be grievous.
Yes, you may try to do it but if it is not what the people want or the political gladiators want, the person that want to try the unholy activity, would have signed his dead sentence/warrant before venturing into such act. You must first consider the political actors and the citizens' moods, else, you dig your grave.
Re: Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation by IfnobeGod20: 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Held hostage by Tinubu?

If Lagos was held hostage and they continue to be the best state in terms of invested infrastructure and the destination for almost everything good about Nigeria, then I would love my own state Oyo to also be under hostage.

Maybe if someone had held Edo hostage, it won’t be the slum it is now with the level of underdevelopment in that state.
And you think any state can be held hostage like Lagos? Adedibu that tried it in your Oyo state, you see the way Ladoja fought him, which later changed the political equation in the state till date. If you think such can happen in any other states, you're deceiving yourself. Tinubu is able to held on because the real indigene of the state are minute in population compare to the non-indigene. If it were a state other than Lagos where there are agitations from different interest groups that constitute indigenous people of the state. Has he able to have total authority and control over Osun the way he had it in Lagos? Next time Always remember Lagos peculiarity.
Re: Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation by Babathanks(m): 3:58pm On Dec 27, 2023
Bobloco:

Mynd44, are you for real

A state held hostage by the Tinubus for over two decades is what you described as having strong democratic positions

Honestly, you lots have redefine what democracy is all about
Sorry for quoting you but I think I needed to say something. I went to Edo last two month for one WHO work. We tour all the 18local government. The state is very worst, I can't believe Edo state is an oil producing state. All there roads are very bad, no water, nothing nothing. All there youth are all involving in yahoo yahoo because there is no job for them. After our work there, I now went to Ekiti state. All the 16 local government in Ekiti state all have good road and it was constructed by there state government ooo even villages. They construct pipe water for even villages. What baffle me is that, Ekiti state is not an oil producing state and also ekiti state is number 35 in allocation coming from federal government. Edo is a fail state

2 Likes

Re: Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation by itsene: 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2023
Obaseki na major poison.
Re: Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation by Slurity(m): 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2023
Obaseki is governor today because Shuaibu is with him but today Obaseki treat him like he made Shuaibu and can unmade him. There is no maturity in Obaseki approach at all.
Re: Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation by Educhelssy: 5:15am On Dec 28, 2023
WorldRichest:

You all will see what the combination of Adams Oshiomhole and Nyezom Wike the wicked one will do to Obaseki. Just watch out. I hope by now you all know that Tinubu is not Buhari who doesn't know how to use his Presidential powers. You saw Imo and Kogi elections. You also saw that Goatluck Jonathan had to beg Tinubu to leave Bayelsa for him. You also saw Tinubu's intervention in Rivers crisis despite the noise by Rivers people

Edo governorship election will be like Kogi where the noise maker Dino Melaye got less than 50,000 votes in the whole state. That was about 7% of total vote cast

Are u simply ignorant? Or just tryna sound nonsensical? What’s democracy all about and involves then? stockholder syndrome citizens, smh .. suffering & smiling
Re: Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation by depato88(m): 6:25am On Dec 28, 2023
WorldRichest:

You have a point
Re: Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation by ufuosman(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
Obaseki dey over do abeg
Re: Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation by Omodua(m): 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2023
WorldRichest:

Lol

You are overestimating the powers of Tinubu. He is not powerful as you think him to be.

Under his nose, 240 people were killed in plateau state on Christmas eve. Nothing has happened. Nobody arrested. In Kaduna, over 150 Muslim worshippers were killed by the army in a reckless intelligence strike. He could not do anything.

And you think such a person has the capacity to upturn election results in other States.

Are you suffering from dementia

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Obasanjo Dies Today, What Will Happen To Nigeria? / Special Report: How NASS Forced Buhari To Divert N121 Billion Meant For The Poor / 134m Nigerians Without NIN As Linkage With SIM Deadline Ends Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.