Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Omg! So There Is Really A God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Omg! So There Is Really A God? (4518 Views)

"I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Does Anyone Believe That 3am Is Really The Evil/demon Hour? / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2011
No, ogaga, "we" don't know that satan is the father of humanity. We don't even know whether this "satan" actually ever existed like the Yahwehs/Jehovahs, Allahs and the Jesuses of this world. We only recieved stories about these mythical characters through tales.
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]We know Satan to be the True Father and Creator God of humanity.

We know "Yaweh/Jehova" of the bible to be a fictitious entity, and the people behind coercing this lie cheesy cheesy , to be the true deceivers of humanity and the masters of lies. This is evident in the many contradictions within the Judeo/Christian Bible, revealing this text to be the work of human beings who had occult knowledge and infused it with power to make it credible, and to incite fear in order to control.
[/size]

Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:26pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]We have found Satanism is the original religion of humanity. We have done our research. Satanism is based upon the ancient religions that predated Judaism and Christianity from hundreds to thousands of years. Christianity was a reaction to the original Pagan religions, labeled as "Satanism" meaning "enemy/adversary" in Hebrew.

Christianity was invented to remove spiritual and occult knowledge (the powers of the mind) from the populace and place this power in the hands of a "chosen" few to the detriment of all humanity. The powers of the mind and soul are very real. People who are unaware of or who do not believe in these powers are easy to control and manipulate by those who are skilled in using these energies.
[/size]

Jenwitemi:

No, ogaga, "we" don't know that satan is the father of humanity. We don't even know whether this "satan" actually ever existed like the Yahwehs/Jehovahs, Allahs and the Jesuses of this world. We only recieved stories about these mythical characters through tales.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Arosa(m): 2:32pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]There's no God why don't u just go out there and enjoy yourselves. . . . , ? cheesy cheesy cheesy

If there is a God that is responsible for the creation of the World he should show a deep concern about the evil things that have been happening in diverse places . If he can't stop them that's means he doesn't exist ! cool
[/size]

My God is real and is the most powerful force in the universe. he dwells in the darkest of thick black cloud.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Who is that your God that dwells in the darkest of thick black cloud? wink wink[/size]

Arosa:

My God is real and is the most powerful force in the universe. he dwells in the darkest of thick black cloud.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2011
@OP
Did you change your mind because you saw some solid proof of god('s) existence? If so, kindly share it with us so that we too can become enlightened.

If that's not the case, then it means that you're just flip-flopping like John Kerry and there's no reason why anyone should pay any attention to your opinions.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ascony(m): 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2011
There is a creator of this universe, ogaga. No creator, no created. As simple as that. The belief in the existence of the creator of the universe does not stop one from enjoying all the good thing life has to offer, ogaga4luv. Only religions try to stop one from doing that. This is not about any religion. God is infinitely greater than all the religions put together.

The creator does not have to show any concern whatsoever, ogaga. That is the main worry task of all the sentient beings living within this physical reality. The creator has given us all the tools we'll ever need to either make this reality a paradise or a hell. We just have to be grown up enough to make the right

excellent @ jenwitemi, u just took the words outta my mouth

in addition to that @ ogaga, lol, u keep talking about the judeo christian god, the bolded part above is what u guys have really failed to understand,

@ evilbrain, if u keep lookin for a solid proof, then u may look forever, for instance there is no solid proof that i myself exist u know, i might be an android located in jupita, programmed to toll NL grin grin grin
when u hear things like "u have to discover God for yourself" u wave it as if its unnecessary, but why? why not just put religious sentiments aside and just humble yourself and look from within? i honestly i cant explain how i found it easy to after so many years,, so my bro ,i didnt change my mind because of any singular solid proof of God, it was a personal thought process, and really i have not actually arrived

see wat i said here. . .

@kay17. if u really took time to read my posts u will see av already answered your questions,

Nothing magical happened as u might be thinking. it was just a thought process that lead me to where i am now. simply put, IMO there just has to be a God, watevr it is dat sets this whole universe in motion, wat other name is fit to call that but God? i dnt know wat or who God is yet (am still getting there, maybe i may never get there), just understand that IMO God isn't some thing in some location, God is d sum of everything that IS, both d ones seen and unseen, u can call it nature or the universe but the term GOD just encompases it all.

@plaetton, @jenwitemi
thanx for your advices. i refuse to be guided by sentiments at dis critical time of my life, dats why i won't cling to any particular religion, but like i said am not putting any religion aside, i will tap and learn from all of them cos i believe there is some element of truth in all of them

Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]If you consult the dictionary, here is the first definition of God that you will find:
"A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions." [ref]

Most believers would agree with this definition because they share a remarkably clear and consistent view of God. Yes, there are thousands of minor quibbles about religion. Believers express those quibbles in dozens of denominations -- Presbyterians, Lutherans, Catholics, Baptists, Episcopalians, Methodists and such. But at the heart of it all, the belief in God aligns on a set of core ideas that everyone accepts.

What if you were to simply think about what it would mean if there were a perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe? Is it possible for such a being to exist? Epicures thought about it in 300 BCE, and he came up with this:

"The gods can either take away evil from the world and will not, or, being willing to do so, cannot; or they neither can nor will, or lastly, they are both able and willing. If they have the will to remove evil and cannot, then they are not omnipotent. If they can, but will not, than they are not benevolent. If they are neither able nor willing, then they are neither omnipotent nor benevolent. Lastly, if they are both able and willing to annihilate evil, how does it exist?"

In other words, if you sit and think about who God is supposed to be, you realize that such a being is impossible. Ridiculous, in fact. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Take this quote from the Bible. In Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:
Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

The impossibility of God is visible here as well. Based on Jesus' statement, let's assume that you are a child and you are starving in Ethiopia. You pray for food. What would you expect to happen based on Jesus' statement? If God exists as an all-loving, all-knowing and all-powerful parent -- a "father in heaven" -- you would expect God to deliver food to you. In fact, the child should not have to pray. Normal parents provide food to their children without their children having to beg for it. Yet, strangely, on planet Earth today we find tens of millions of people dying of starvation every year.
[/size]
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2011
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

The fool hath said in his heart,,  This is to be understood to be those who are fools in their morals, without understanding in spiritual things; wicked profligate wretches, apostates from God, alienated from the life of God; and whose hearts are full of blindness and ignorance, and whose conversations are vile and impure, and they enemies of righteousness, though full of all wicked subtlety and mischief: these say in their hearts, which are desperately wicked, and out of which evil thoughts proceed, pregnant with atheism and impiety;

these endeavour to work themselves into such a belief, and inwardly to conclude, at least to wish,there is no God; though they do not express it with their mouths, yet they would fain persuade their hearts to deny the being of God; that so having no superior to whom they are accountable, they may go on in sin with impunity; however, to consider him as altogether such an one as themselves, and to remove such perfections from him, as may render him unworthy to be regarded by them; such as omniscience, omnipresence, &c. and to conceive of him as entirely negligent of and unconcerned about affairs of this lower world, having nothing to do with the government of it: and thus to deny his perfections and providence, is all one as to deny his existence, or that there is a God: accordingly the Targum paraphrases it,

"there is no "government" of God in the earth;''

so Kimchi interprets it,

"there is no governor, nor judge in the world, to render to man according to his works;''

they are corrupt; that is, everyone of these fools; and it is owing to the corruption of their hearts they say such things: they are corrupt in themselves; they have corrupt natures, they are born in sin, and of the flesh, and must be carnal and corrupt: or "they do corrupt", or "have corrupted" (z): they corrupt themselves by their atheistic thoughts and wicked practices, Jde 1:10; or their works, as the Chaldee paraphrase adds; or their ways, their manner and course of life, Genesis 6:12; and they corrupt others with their evil communications, their bad principles and practices, their ill examples and wicked lives;

they have done abominable works: every sinful action is abominable in the sight of God; but there are some sins more abominable than others; there are abominable idolatries, and abominable lusts, such as were committed in Sodom; and it may be these are pointed at here, and which are usually committed by such who like not to retain God in their knowledge; see Romans 1:24;
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:13pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Frosbel dear keep up the good work you've been doing on the religion section --- I'm proud of u here with me to defend the truth ^^ cheesy cheesy wink

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. . . .well , That's not true as the Christian bible have boldly written. In the beginning a natural event created the universe as we know it, and the earth did not form until billions of years later. The creation story in Genesis is completely wrong. Simply read Genesis and you can see it. For example, the Bible says that light and darkness are created after the water but before the sun. Everyone knows that the sun came first, then the planet and its rotation (which is what causes light and darkness to occur on a daily basis) and then the water, and this all happened over million of years. There are many other problems with the Bible: grin grin grin
[/size]
frosbel:

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

The fool hath said in his heart,,  This is to be understood to be those who are fools in their morals, without understanding in spiritual things; wicked profligate wretches, apostates from God, alienated from the life of God; and whose hearts are full of blindness and ignorance, and whose conversations are vile and impure, and they enemies of righteousness, though full of all wicked subtlety and mischief: these say in their hearts, which are desperately wicked, and out of which evil thoughts proceed, pregnant with atheism and impiety;

these endeavour to work themselves into such a belief, and inwardly to conclude, at least to wish,there is no God; though they do not express it with their mouths, yet they would fain persuade their hearts to deny the being of God; that so having no superior to whom they are accountable, they may go on in sin with impunity; however, to consider him as altogether such an one as themselves, and to remove such perfections from him, as may render him unworthy to be regarded by them; such as omniscience, omnipresence, &c. and to conceive of him as entirely negligent of and unconcerned about affairs of this lower world, having nothing to do with the government of it: and thus to deny his perfections and providence, is all one as to deny his existence, or that there is a God: accordingly the Targum paraphrases it,

"there is no "government" of God in the earth;''

so Kimchi interprets it,

"there is no governor, nor judge in the world, to render to man according to his works;''

they are corrupt; that is, everyone of these fools; and it is owing to the corruption of their hearts they say such things: they are corrupt in themselves; they have corrupt natures, they are born in sin, and of the flesh, and must be carnal and corrupt: or "they do corrupt", or "have corrupted" (z): they corrupt themselves by their atheistic thoughts and wicked practices, Jde 1:10; or their works, as the Chaldee paraphrase adds; or their ways, their manner and course of life, Genesis 6:12; and they corrupt others with their evil communications, their bad principles and practices, their ill examples and wicked lives;

they have done abominable works: every sinful action is abominable in the sight of God; but there are some sins more abominable than others; there are abominable idolatries, and abominable lusts, such as were committed in Sodom; and it may be these are pointed at here, and which are usually committed by such who like not to retain God in their knowledge; see Romans 1:24;
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by PastorKun(m): 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2011
@Ascony
Congrats on your 'realisation' you have just started a journey and I encourage you to continue searching and God would clearly reveal himself to you. You may also wish to study the teachings of christ (devoid of religion) in the four gospels. It promises to be very revealing if you study it well without religious bias.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Frosbel dear keep up the good work you've been doing on the religion section --- I'm proud of u here with me to defend the truth ^^ cheesy cheesy wink

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. . . .well , That's not true as the Christian bible have boldly written. In the beginning a natural event created the universe as we know it, and the earth did not form until billions of years later. The creation story in Genesis is completely wrong. Simply read Genesis and you can see it. For example, the Bible says that light and darkness are created after the water but before the sun. Everyone knows that the sun came first, then the planet and its rotation (which is what causes light and darkness to occur on a daily basis) and then the water, and this all happened over million of years. There are many other problems with the Bible: grin grin grin
[/size]

Hey I got no qualms about your opinion.

Apologies for pasting that bible commentary , when I reread it , my first reaction was this guy was truthful but harsh grin
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Arosa(m): 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Who is that your God that dwells in the darkest of thick black cloud?  wink wink[/size]

the one and only true God. the God of Jacob and the God of Moses.  cool
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:52pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]iiiant friend that is just the truth . . .^^ grin

glad u re-read the bible verse to find out by yourself. . . .well, that isn't harshness dear , only making open the wrongs which the christian religion have been doing to the World by stirring the mind of some set of people . wink
[/size]

frosbel:

Hey I got no qualms about your opinion.

Apologies for pasting that bible commentary , when I reread it , my first reaction was this guy was truthful but harsh grin
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Be specific at least ! embarassed what is the name of that your God? so that i would know how to place my comment ^^ cheesy[/size]

Arosa:

the one and only true God. the God Jacob and the God of Moses. cool
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by benodic: 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2011
@ ascony

congratulations on the wonderful step you have taken. What makes me very happy is your decision to keep an open mind. It is a very important ingredient in spiritual growth.
Bear one thing in mind, God always reveals itself to those who ask with a sincere heart and of course God does not belong to any religion.
I wish you luck in all your endeavours.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Arosa(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Frosbel dear keep up the good work you've been doing on the religion section --- I'm proud of u  here with me to defend the truth ^^  cheesy cheesy wink

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. . . .well , That's not true as the Christian bible have boldly written. In the beginning a natural event created the universe as we know it, and the earth did not form until billions of years later. The creation story in Genesis is completely wrong. Simply read Genesis and you can see it. For example, the Bible says that light and darkness are created after the water but before the sun. Everyone knows that the sun came first, then the planet and its rotation (which is what causes light and darkness to occur on a daily basis) and then the water, and this all happened over million of years. There are many other problems with the Bible:  grin grin grin
[/size]

Ogaga,don't you know that there was water in the universe before the sun was created in our solar system?
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by tpia5: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2011
^^you've said it all.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2011
glad u re-read the bible verse to find out by yourself. . . .well, that isn't harshness dear , only making open the wrongs which the christian religion have been doing to the World by stirring the mind of some set of people

Now thats called fraud , trying to say something I did not say grin

I was referring to the commentary not the bible.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah , i don't know what u are talking about man , how can u say there was water in the Universe  before the sun ? drop us your proves --- hey  cheesy cheesy cheesy , not from the bible since that doesn't prove anything rightly--- I'll prove my previous post right away  cool[/size]

Arosa:

Ogaga,don't you know that there was water in the universe before the sun was created in our solar system?
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]That's one of the best life--style from Christians across the World. . . . lipsrsealed they love lies and cheating but still , pretending to know everything ! grin grin wink[/size]

frosbel:

Now thats called fraud , trying to say something I did not say grin

I was referring to the commentary not the bible.

Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Arosa(m): 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ogaga,
The sun in our solar system is relatively young, compared to other stars in the universe so is not a big deal that there was water before our sun. A Quasar that was discovered by NASA may be of interest to you.

Quasars are among the most powerful entities in the universe, a particular one pumping out 1,000 trillion times more energy than our sun, and 65,000 times the whole of the Milky Way was recently discovered.

Astronomers expected water vapor to be present even in the early, distant universe, but had not detected it this far away before.

"The environment around this quasar is very unique in that it's producing this huge mass of water. It's another demonstration that water is pervasive throughout the universe, even at the very earliest times," said Matt Bradford,

a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Plus Comets are small solar body carry frozen water about in the universe. they have been around before our sun. tongue
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by alexleo(m): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2011
@OP,
thank God for this change u ve experienced. Now the next thing is to pray to God to reveal himself to you more and direct you on which religion to follow or how best to wrship him. Pls ignore all these atheists and their ill advices. U ve left atheism for good, pls face God. Atheism is now a thing of the past for u.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]We have found Satanism is the original religion of humanity. We have done our research. Satanism is based upon the ancient religions that predated Judaism and Christianity from hundreds to thousands of years. Christianity was a reaction to the original Pagan religions, labeled as "Satanism" meaning "enemy/adversary" in Hebrew.

Christianity was invented to remove spiritual and occult knowledge (the powers of the mind) from the populace and place this power in the hands of a "chosen" few to the detriment of all humanity. The powers of the mind and soul are very real. People who are unaware of or who do not believe in these powers are easy to control and manipulate by those who are skilled in using these energies.
[/size]

Brother you are on the right track but i wish to make you a small request. we both know that satan is a figment of xtian imagination and that the true supernatural lies with the occult of the old pre-christian religions. so it would be better if you use the term Paganism (the true term which the xtians started calling satanism in order to gain converts), instead of the ugly word satanism.

the would further the cause for the truth, because we both know that all Nigeria tribe, b e it Haussa, Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Bini, Kanuri, etc, used to follow the path of the old spirituality until a few 100 yrs back when christianity and islam, the 2 monotheists, destroyed our religions and our lives. we must work on this common link in order to educate the peoples and bring them back onto the right path, towards the path of progress.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by JeSoul(f): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2011
benodic:

@ ascony

congratulations on the wonderful step you have taken. What makes me very happy is your decision to keep an open mind. It is a very important ingredient in spiritual growth.
Bear one thing in mind, God always reveals itself to those who ask with a sincere heart and of course God does not belong to any religion.
I wish you luck in all your endeavours.
A most excellent comment. I don't believe a person can go wrong if they are open, sincere, honest and even child-like in their approach to spiritual matters. An open mind is fertile ground where the seeds of wisdom can flourish. And as a famous saying goes "one can only learn, when he gives up the illusion that he already knows"

I also like the last part of your comment "God does not belong to any religion" . . .  very well said.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Thank you brother. . . i do understand your point about Satan but actually , that isn't it all . The bible only stand as advertising tool , making the innocent '' Satan ''- a public enemy without cause . honestly , there's no different between Paganism and Satan because they've always make people believe Satan is responsible for all the evils happening in the entire World Today.

Satanism is not a Christian invention,satanism predates Christianity and all other religions. . . satanism is not about evil. satanism is not a reaction to Christianity we are absolutely different!

Satanism is not about death either. . . as we share together do hope to enlighten u about satanism very well . If not , satan is never the figment of Christians only , like the Islamic ( Muslims ) and other religions in the World have written inside their law book that satan is an enemy . so , the point is RELIGION--- as a whole body don't like satan just to promote the name of their so-- called God , allowing him to exist in the first place wink
[/size]

PAGAN 9JA:

Brother you are on the right track but i wish to make you a small request. [i]we both know that satan is a figment of xtian [/i]imagination and that the true supernatural lies with the occult of the old pre-christian religions. so it would be better if you use the term Paganism (the true term which the xtians started calling satanism in order to gain converts), instead of the ugly word satanism.

the would further the cause for the truth, because we both know that all Nigeria tribe, b e it Haussa, Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Bini, Kanuri, etc, used to follow the path of the old spirituality until a few 100 yrs back when christianity and islam, the 2 monotheists, destroyed our religions and our lives. we must work on this common link in order to educate the peoples and bring them back onto the right path, towards the path of progress.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]JeSoul darling where have u been ? shocked well , i so much misses your presence in here . kiss kiss wink[/size]
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by JeSoul(f): 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2011
^Ogaga my brother I'm fine dear - by God's grace cheesy. How have you been? you sef have not been around smiley.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:56pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Nice hearing from u again darling. . . .  kiss kiss kiss  honestly speaking u almost scare the Pooo--- outta my life because of the silent on here . Well , by Satan's grace I'm doing pretty great and fine darling. . . life is just too sweet cheesy cheesy cheesy. naww , i have been around but hardly branch this section instead i get busy posting on movies , literature , music  or romance section of the forum smiley .

errrrrm. . . . . errrrrm , hope u back fully in the house wink wink wink
[/size]
JeSoul:

^Ogaga my brother I'm fine dear - by God's grace cheesy. How have you been? you sef have not been around smiley.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by JeSoul(f): 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2011
^lol, touché.

I'm around, you know this section gets very busy. I've seen some of your fingerprints in the movie section . . . that place has been dead but looks like its starting to liven up a bit these days. Open some nice threads and I'll join you over there smiley.

Hope everything else is fine with you and the family over in lovely France smiley
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Natasha2(f): 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2011
great news poster I'll advice you to get THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE by Rick Warren you won't regret it cheesy
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by EvilBrain1(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2011
Ascony:

@ evilbrain, if u keep lookin for a solid proof, then u may look forever, for instance there is no solid proof that i myself exist u know, i might be an android located in jupita, programmed to toll NL  grin grin grin
when u hear things like "u have to discover God for yourself" u wave it as if its unnecessary, but why? why not just put religious sentiments aside and just humble yourself and look from within? i honestly i cant explain how i found it easy to after so many years,,  so my  bro ,i didnt change my mind because of any singular solid proof of God, it was a personal thought process, and really i have not actually arrived

Nonsense. Even if you were a robot on Jupiter, it is still possible to prove you exist. The fact that you're posting here is evidence. I cant tell if you're human or a robot or an intelligent monkey but I have evidence that a being that refers to itself as Ascony exists, probably somewhere on earth an he/she/it is likely to have ties to Nigeria. If I was jobless enough, I could probably hack Nairaland's servers, get your email address, run it through facebook and be standing outside your house by tomorrow.

I don't need to physically touch god to believe he exists, after all I believe in dinosaurs just form some fossilized bones and old footprints. All I need to  believe in an all powerful creator is some evidence that he's actually done something, anything that can't be explained in any other way. I've been looking for over 20 years and I havn't found anything that can survive skeptical inquiry.

Those who believe in God make som very bold claims. That he rained down fire from heaven, drowned entire armies and made the sun stop in the sky. Why is it easier to find evidence of animals that died 100 million years ago than it is to find any sign of such a powerful being that did such big things just a few thousand years back and is reportedly still active today?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I'll start believing in God when I see some.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Would always need u around my corner on this forum  darling. . . Yeah i know this section get's so busy but filled up with so many improper manners of people . You know what i mean already lol  grin

Too much bullying on comment's isn't fare enough and that would always distract the matured minded persons in ready to share what they know very well . The religion section some people have changed to a fighting zone which i dunno like  , very true i have tolerance so much but in most cases i just need to avoid here because some aren't serious on conversation . wink wink

The move section i love posting because that's one of the most peaceful and matured section which have things in mutual to my profession . People there share together just like adam and eve in the garden of eden !  cheesy cheesy cheesy

I hardly start thread on the movie section only when it's been called to--- but , been so addicted to one topic and thread since 2008 '' What Was The Last Movie You Watch ? '' i love that thread so much and can always see my foots around there day and night as much i still exist hehehehehehe grin

nice u asked as i was expecting darling. . . .actually , everything is going on fine with me and family including friends  that i have ever known ,*---- Yesterday , we went beach partying and was so much fun inside water  smiley
[/size]

JeSoul:

^lol, touché.

I'm around, you know this section gets very busy. I've seen some of your fingerprints in the movie section . . . that place has been dead but looks like its starting to liven up a bit these days. Open some nice threads and I'll join you over there smiley.

Hope everything else is fine with you and the family over in lovely France smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Allah Vs Atheism: ‘leaving Islam Was The Hardest Thing I’ve Done’ Amal Farah / Dear Nigerians , Have You Heard Of Nigerian Religious Movement Godiansim/Chiism? / Download Ada - I Testify Instrumental

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.